Romney booing: Inevitable?

Full story: The Washington Post

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney likely expected to met with some skepticism at the annual NAACP conference Wednesday.
Comments
141 - 160 of 164 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2012

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#168 Jul 26, 2012
Patriotic Democrat wrote:
Booing an invited guest is so rude
Not as rude as Mittens in Britain telling their Prime Minister that they don't know how to do the Olympics. Cameron sorted him out right away. He is unable to represent Utah much less America.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#169 Jul 26, 2012
voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
<quoted text>
Most human rights aren't billed to others.....
I'm not ao sure. Nearly all human rights have to be paid for, and not always (or only) in money.
Moreover, there are no "others" to whom human rights can be "billed." HUman rights are the responsibility of all human beings. Canines, felines, and reptiles can't be expected to pay for human rights either in money or in moral commitment.

Even your right to marry presupposes legal institutions which must be sustained. Education, insofar as it is now regarded as a human right rather than a class privilege, nust be supported financially and otherwise.
And most founders of the Republic undderstood that you cannot sustain a free society if large parts of the population are mired in ignorance.
Even freedom is not free.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#170 Jul 26, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
I think people throw out the word fascist and have no idea what it means. Dictatorial or extreme right-wing views, is a typical definition. No one can call Prez. Obama right-wing.
Most people use words like "fascist", "Communist," "Narxist", "socialist" or even "Muslim" without having the foggiest idea of what they mean.

That's one reason simpletons can say that Barack Obama is a "Marxist Muslim", despite that fact that Marxism leans philosophically toward atheism while Islam is a monotheistic religion in the Abrhamic tradition.
Patriotic Democrat

AOL

#171 Jul 26, 2012
Dallas39 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as rude as Mittens in Britain telling their Prime Minister that they don't know how to do the Olympics. Cameron sorted him out right away. He is unable to represent Utah much less America.
There you go proving you are nothing more than an Obama kind of Democrat.....Misquoting...is Lying. What is wrong with you people?
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

#172 Jul 26, 2012
Plain and simple, he's just to cheesy to be president !

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#173 Jul 26, 2012
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people use words like "fascist", "Communist," "Narxist", "socialist" or even "Muslim" without having the foggiest idea of what they mean.
That's one reason simpletons can say that Barack Obama is a "Marxist Muslim", despite that fact that Marxism leans philosophically toward atheism while Islam is a monotheistic religion in the Abrhamic tradition.
My prior post contained an error, but Topix has no edit button. Obama would be neither Marxist or Fascist. He is in bed with the corporations and Wall Street, hence Tim Geitner is head of Treasury. And you can't get any more Wall Street than that. Now had he given Van Jones that position, there might be a case, for those that claim that Obama lines up with true communists.

Do you believe that true capitalism will stop fascism? How can you have the corporate control of government that we see, if there was a strong, dictatorial government in power. This oligarchy we have controls the government.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#174 Jul 27, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
My prior post contained an error, but Topix has no edit button. Obama would be neither Marxist or Fascist. He is in bed with the corporations and Wall Street, hence Tim Geitner is head of Treasury. And you can't get any more Wall Street than that. Now had he given Van Jones that position, there might be a case, for those that claim that Obama lines up with true communists.
Do you believe that true capitalism will stop fascism? How can you have the corporate control of government that we see, if there was a strong, dictatorial government in power. This oligarchy we have controls the government.
The oligarchy might find it necessary to erode civil liberties in order to protect its economic and geopolitical interests. If they succeed this would porbably lead to fascism.
voteearlyvoteoft en

Lexington Park, MD

#175 Jul 27, 2012
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not ao sure. Nearly all human rights have to be paid for, and not always (or only) in money.
Moreover, there are no "others" to whom human rights can be "billed." HUman rights are the responsibility of all human beings.
Give me other examples of these human rights that need to be paid for then. And by whom.

And, in this specific case, only a few human being are expected to pay.......
BossBitch

Acworth, GA

#176 Jul 27, 2012
LMBAO!!! Mitt Romney is fcking up royally in England.(Pun intended!) I thought his specialty was relating to Anglo-Saxons better than President Obama, even though Obama’s White mother is of English heritage.(LOL!)

Here is a passage from Romney’s book, No Apology, where he tells what he really thinks about England:
“England [sic] is just a small island” that “doesn’t make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy.”– p. 39

Damn…and Romney has the audacity to say Obama doesn’t understand foreign policy.

On top of this, he blurted out he had been briefed by the MI6 about Syria. That was supposed to be top secret. This is mind-blogging that Romney wants an investigation to discover who is the leak in the Obama Administration.

Well, well at least we know who is the leak in the Romney Campaign…it’s Romney.(LOL!)

“Down On Your Knees”

Since: Jul 12

When You Say My Name.

#177 Jul 27, 2012
BossBitch wrote:
LMBAO!!! Mitt Romney is fcking up royally in England.(Pun intended!) I thought his specialty was relating to Anglo-Saxons better than President Obama, even though Obama’s White mother is of English heritage.(LOL!)
Here is a passage from Romney’s book, No Apology, where he tells what he really thinks about England:
“England [sic] is just a small island” that “doesn’t make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy.”– p. 39
Damn…and Romney has the audacity to say Obama doesn’t understand foreign policy.
On top of this, he blurted out he had been briefed by the MI6 about Syria. That was supposed to be top secret. This is mind-blogging that Romney wants an investigation to discover who is the leak in the Obama Administration.
Well, well at least we know who is the leak in the Romney Campaign…it’s Romney.(LOL!)
Oops! Correction:*mind-boggling

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#178 Jul 27, 2012
BossBitch wrote:
LMBAO!!! Mitt Romney is fcking up royally in England.(Pun intended!) I thought his specialty was relating to Anglo-Saxons better than President Obama, even though Obama’s White mother is of English heritage.(LOL!)
Here is a passage from Romney’s book, No Apology, where he tells what he really thinks about England:
“England [sic] is just a small island” that “doesn’t make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy.”– p. 39
Damn…and Romney has the audacity to say Obama doesn’t understand foreign policy.
On top of this, he blurted out he had been briefed by the MI6 about Syria. That was supposed to be top secret. This is mind-blogging that Romney wants an investigation to discover who is the leak in the Obama Administration.
Well, well at least we know who is the leak in the Romney Campaign…it’s Romney.(LOL!)
Romney seems to have very little tact for a politician. He made the Brits uncomfortable with his Olympic speech. Always getting that foot in his mouth. But ruling by etch-a-sketch may cause one to forget what the heck they really want to say.

And then the latest news is that Bain was financed by oligarchs from El Salvador that wanted somewhere to hide their money while they were supporting right wing death squads there.

But then again, maybe no one will care because they weren't communists?
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#179 Jul 28, 2012
Inevitable and worldwide, as witnessed by his knuckleheaded venture in foreign affairs in Britain.

UK Daily Mail on rugby: "Who Invited Him?

Brit PM on the romlympics: It's easy to hold an Olympics in the middle of nowhere.

hahahahahahahahahaha

rugby '12: Sorely unprepared.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#180 Jul 28, 2012
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>ok what facts do you want being a hypocrite. Okay
Voter Id against it but yet requires one to be shown in order to see him speak or even his wifes books signings.
Debt ceiling
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
-Obama
When raising it came up to a vote in 2006 Obama didnt even bother to vote on it as he normally did nothing in senate.
Then he begged for us to raise it as president.
Tax cuts
Obama said you cannot raise taxes in a recession
video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aufAtuTwKlEXX
Now he says we need to raise them on anyone over 250k
7 Obama lies in under 2 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
This is just the tip of the iceberg
Throw in Obamacare, and the worst attorney general in history. You know the guy who lied about fast and furious, Said that the Arizona imagration bill was illegal but when asked if he had read it said he didnt have time. Keep in mind the bill was less then 1 page it was 2 or 3 paragraphs.
well the who would you suggest another bush or something' aka, KKK Obama is the man for now in my book fck the republicans, unless you are very rich they could care less' i am voting for Obama point blank.
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

#183 Jul 30, 2012
Proud african american wrote:
<quoted text>
well the who would you suggest another bush or something' aka, KKK Obama is the man for now in my book fck the republicans, unless you are very rich they could care less' i am voting for Obama point blank.
lol so not true. I make under 250k a year and Obama is raising my taxes. Stop buying into the hype. 55% death tax on as little as 1mil and 44.8% div tax. No thanks! Just two of many examples. Bush cant run for president again so no worries about him again what we have now is a black Jimmy Carter.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#184 Jul 30, 2012
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>lol so not true. I make under 250k a year and Obama is raising my taxes. Stop buying into the hype. 55% death tax on as little as 1mil and 44.8% div tax. No thanks! Just two of many examples. Bush cant run for president again so no worries about him again what we have now is a black Jimmy Carter.
we all are entitled to our opinions' but for those who make 20-60 thousand a year would be crushed, social services for the poor and needy would be eradicated, social security would be put on the auction block' to me you sound like the average well to do white person who could care less, the rich only care about the rich to me mitt Romney is a dangerous lying clown.
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

#185 Jul 30, 2012
Proud african american wrote:
<quoted text>
we all are entitled to our opinions' but for those who make 20-60 thousand a year would be crushed, social services for the poor and needy would be eradicated, social security would be put on the auction block' to me you sound like the average well to do white person who could care less, the rich only care about the rich to me mitt Romney is a dangerous lying clown.
i posted a few obama lies and you didnt even mention that you seem closed minded and already have a media opinion on Romney. Social insecurty is a joke that should be ended. Opt me out please!

“Down On Your Knees”

Since: Jul 12

When You Say My Name.

#187 Jul 30, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney seems to have very little tact for a politician. He made the Brits uncomfortable with his Olympic speech. Always getting that foot in his mouth. But ruling by etch-a-sketch may cause one to forget what the heck they really want to say.
And then the latest news is that Bain was financed by oligarchs from El Salvador that wanted somewhere to hide their money while they were supporting right wing death squads there.
But then again, maybe no one will care because they weren't communists?
Isn't funny that White people can be thieves as crooked as Hell stealing millions and still rise up the corporate ladder? But let a minority still a potato from the grocery store to feed his or her hungry child and it's off to prison until Hell freezes over. Something is seriously wrong with this world. SMH.
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

#188 Jul 30, 2012
Boss-Bitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't funny that White people can be thieves as crooked as Hell stealing millions and still rise up the corporate ladder? But let a minority still a potato from the grocery store to feed his or her hungry child and it's off to prison until Hell freezes over. Something is seriously wrong with this world. SMH.
i dont think the color is the issue. Any white person steallng a potato would be arrested too. However i will say this im pretty sure out of all the major companies only 13 black CEO's. AMEX Merck and mcdonalds are the biggest ones. If you invest in stocks vote with your shares for the CEO it is the shareholders that pick that.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#190 Jul 31, 2012
Ms Mack wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney seems to have very little tact for a politician. He made the Brits uncomfortable with his Olympic speech. Always getting that foot in his mouth. But ruling by etch-a-sketch may cause one to forget what the heck they really want to say.
And then the latest news is that Bain was financed by oligarchs from El Salvador that wanted somewhere to hide their money while they were supporting right wing death squads there.
But then again, maybe no one will care because they weren't communists?
By a long established American prejudice, almost any atrocity has been consider excusable provided the perpetrators are not communists, adn especially if they're anti-communists. Hence the repressions in Poland during the 1980s, though exceeded by the right wing atrocities in El Salvador and South Africa, got far more attention. And the victims of Communist repression in Poland got far more sympathy in the media and by the government.
Of course, in south Africa and Central America the repression was inflicted on the people by America's anti-Communist and (in the case of South Africa) racist allies. Allies whom America financed and armed. Similarly, as Noam Chomsky pinted out, the atrocities by the Khmer Rouge, though equalled in scale by Indonesian atrocities in East Timor, got a large amount of attention. East Timorese victims of our fascistic Indonesian allies were rendered invisible by the corporate media and govenment policy.
And we wonder why America's moral capital is so lacking in world opinion, why we have so many enemies. Malcolm X was right when he observed that about the only friends our country has left are the ones that we've bought.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#191 Jul 31, 2012
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>i dont think the color is the issue. Any white person steallng a potato would be arrested too. However i will say this im pretty sure out of all the major companies only 13 black CEO's. AMEX Merck and mcdonalds are the biggest ones. If you invest in stocks vote with your shares for the CEO it is the shareholders that pick that.
Take a look at a book called THE NEW JIM CROW by Michelle Alexander. The racial inequities in our justice system is still deepseated and widespread.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cape Wind Upgrades To Larger 4.0 Megawatt Turbines Sun Jack Kelly 1
Romney's Mass. Health Plan has $50 Co-pay for A... (Nov '07) Sun Swedenforever 3
The country's sinking climate debate Aug 26 SpaceBlues 2
Gingrich: Mitt Romney is a liar (Jan '12) Aug 26 swedenforever 51
Mass Politicians Freaking Out Over New Bedford ... Aug 26 Jack Kelly 2
Management of New Bedford Ocean Wind Port Raise... Aug 24 Bill Kelly 1
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Aug 24 jtn 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Massachusetts People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••