Santorum: Gingrich campaign soon "irrelevant"

Mar 11, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.cbsnews.com

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, fresh of his victory in the Kansas caucuses on Saturday, returned to Mississippi on Sunday to stake his claim as the standard-bearer of the GOP's conservative base, and he warned that Newt Gingrich's campaign will soon be "irrelevant." In an interview after his second campaign event ... (more)

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2012

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

And, Mr. Santorum knows from irrelevant.
Mitt s Polygamous Gramps

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

I thought it has been irrelevant for the past eleven months or so, but what do I know?
Coromoto

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Iím tired of hearing that Santorum is the most conservative candidate. What do you call conservative? Someone who is fake, insecure and asked democrats to vote for him for convenience! Santorum publicly called Romney a liar and did not explain why. When you make a strong statement against someone publicly you need to back it up of what you said with facts. I donít understand why people trust someone like him to be our president. Character counts!
Mitt s Polygamous Gramps

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

Judged:

Coromoto wrote:
Iím tired of hearing that Santorum is the most conservative candidate. What do you call conservative? Someone who is fake, insecure and asked democrats to vote for him for convenience! Santorum publicly called Romney a liar and did not explain why. When you make a strong statement against someone publicly you need to back it up of what you said with facts. I donít understand why people trust someone like him to be our president. Character counts!
Well, Romney's been on both sides of every major, hot button, right wing social issue you can think of.

As recently as a year ago Mittens was saying how climate change is human mediated. He even has changed that position.

I guess changing nearly every single position you had at one time could be defined as something other than "lying," I suppose.

But it ain't character.

No, character is strapping the family dog to the roof of the car in a crate and driving to Canada. Now that's character!

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Coromoto wrote:
By "conservative" Mr. Santorum's supporters actually mean "Puritanistic."

Of course, Santorum's attack on American religious freedom is seen as "conservative" only to his supporters; because FOXLIESS has convinced these fringes of the American "religious right" that they are "Conservative" and not what they really are, un-Amertican.

The true conservatives have all been purged from the GOP be teh Lying neo-conservatives, the 'religious right,' and the Tea-bag' movement (which has devolved into the grandchildren of the KKK.)

True conservatives are sitting this one out, having no place at the table.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>

True conservatives are sitting this one out, having no place at the table.
You just keep telling yourself that.

We'll vote for anyone to replace Chancellor Obama

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep telling yourself that.
We'll vote for anyone to replace Chancellor Obama
Says the phony conservative.

Which phony grouping do you fall into?

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the phony conservative.
Which phony grouping do you fall into?
Asked the actual Marxist....

I fall into the, "We're gonna kick Chancellor Obama's Ass Out of Office Group"

239 days till we flush the Progressive toilet.

239 days.
Jackie Yates

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Newt Gingrich, the author of Contract with America, who put together a coalition between Republicans and the Moral Majority has done more for this party than any of the other candidates combined. The Republican Party had not been relevant in over 40 years until he became Speaker of the House. He's the only leader for a nation in trouble. The rest are just full of rhetoric.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Jackie Yates wrote:
Newt Gingrich, the author of Contract with America, who put together a coalition between Republicans and the Moral Majority has done more for this party than any of the other candidates combined. The Republican Party had not been relevant in over 40 years until he became Speaker of the House. He's the only leader for a nation in trouble. The rest are just full of rhetoric.
I used to really like Newt,.

Then he started praising Wilson, both Roosevelts and Andrew Jackson.

4 of the biggest Presiential nightmares ever.

Newt is NO CONSEVATIVE. He's a Progressive Republican. Which in my opinion is the worst kind of Progressive of all.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked the actual Marxist....
I fall into the, "We're gonna kick Chancellor Obama's Ass Out of Office Group"
239 days till we flush the Progressive toilet.
239 days.
That would be the KKK FOXLIES Group.

The actual Marxists are the lying neo-conseravtives. Didn't you used to be one?

Are you now, or have you ever, voted for George W Bush?

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the KKK FOXLIES Group.
The actual Marxists are the lying neo-conseravtives. Didn't you used to be one?
Are you now, or have you ever, voted for George W Bush?
Dose it hurt being that ignorant?

The actual Marxist surround Chancellor Obama.

Voted for Nader.

Moron
Romney s Airtight Crate

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Jackie Yates wrote:
Yes, Newt's exemplary record in the House, which got Clinton re elected, is why his R. colleagues there turned him out of the Speakership like so much rancid dog food.

He is a sure fire winner!

By the way, now that's he has been Catholic for awhile, how has he managed using just the rhythm method to avoid getting his many concubines and wives pregnant for all these years?

Or has he been chaste?

snicker
msbobbie

Cameron, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Jackie Yates wrote:
The 1994 Contract with America was actually written by a former Reagan Staffer named Larry Hunter, in part using text from President Reaganís 1985 State of the Union address. Hunter was assisted by 7 House Republicans including Newt Gingrich. Look it up!

Newt has a habit of taking far more credit than he deserves for a lot of things. Look that up too before you go to the polls tomorrow.
JDC

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

If you believe in limited government, I think we should all take Rick Santorum's advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Jackie Yates wrote:
Get the real story about Noot:

http://www.realchange.org/gingrich.htm

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dose it hurt being that ignorant?
The actual Marxist surround Chancellor Obama.
Voted for Nader.
Moron
REally now. The Lying neo-conservtive movement was founded by failed Marxists. The GOP is the only major US political organization to follow Marxism in the last Cantury.

Please, please,(I'm begging) LOOK IT UP!

"A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush."
--Mr_Bill, 1999.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••