Southeastern Louisiana University Sorority Members Accused of Hazing

Apr 27, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KALB-TV Alexandria

Seven sorority members accused of hazing another student at Southeastern Louisiana University are seeking a court order allowing them to return to school while they appeal their suspensions. via KALB-TV Alexandria

Comments
1 - 20 of 368 Comments Last updated Dec 10, 2013
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
skewe4life

Livonia, LA

#1 Apr 27, 2008
I think that the time has come for all undergraduate chapters of Alpha Kappa Alpha to be dissolved. The reason for my comment is I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and several law suits have been filed in the past. This is very costly to the sorority as a whole. We are paying for undergraduate mistakes.
Panhell member

Hammond, LA

#2 Apr 27, 2008
I think sororities need more protection against people like that who are angry at members. We have no rights as far as an organization and we are subject to anyone's hazing allegations. Clearly this little girl is lying. The article states she was angry at one of the members about not being able to attend the party and this has blown up to a level where the students education is at stake. This is not fair to those students. That individual named Arieal Ellis needs some punishment. She should not be able to just say things of this nature because she is angry. Something needs to be done.
Former SLU student

Hammond, LA

#3 Apr 27, 2008
skewe4life wrote:
I think that the time has come for all undergraduate chapters of Alpha Kappa Alpha to be dissolved. The reason for my comment is I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and several law suits have been filed in the past. This is very costly to the sorority as a whole. We are paying for undergraduate mistakes.
This is ridiculus that you do not support your own undergraduates it is plain to see the young lady in the article is not telling the truth since she recanted her story and said she made it up out of anger. It looks as if your sorority sisters are the victims here. I am glad I do not have this type of support from my graduate sorors becuase with grad chapters like yours, who needs enemies!
ARIEAL ELLIS

Hammond, LA

#4 Apr 28, 2008
First of all, to you ladies who accuse me of lying obviously are not aware of the entire story. Yes, I did make a mistake in recanting my statement because Cassandra Boyd, president of the Lamba Omicron Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc asked me to. She got me when I was at my most vulnerable, being that I recanted my story only two days after I was hazed. There was never any party that I was supposed to attend!!! She, Ravae, Jhade, and the rest of the gang ennjoyed their time at their part while I was locked in a back room for three hours!! I didn't call Cassandra, she called me during my Christmas break asking me if I wanted to be a part of the sorority. So before you are quick to assume who's right or what you think happened, get the full story!! This report was bias. My side of the story was not even asked for. I am a victim of hazing and it is about time that people know that it still is occurring. For those ladies who are reading this and who have been hazed, I am hear to tell you: Don't be ashamed. You stand up tall and let your voice be heard.
skewe4life

Livonia, LA

#6 Apr 28, 2008
The comment that I made was once stated by the national office. That one day undergraduate chapters may be dissolved due to numerous costly lawsuits. I am not here to argue with anyone or make nasty comments. Thanks
Former SLU student wrote:
<quoted text>
This is ridiculus that you do not support your own undergraduates it is plain to see the young lady in the article is not telling the truth since she recanted her story and said she made it up out of anger. It looks as if your sorority sisters are the victims here. I am glad I do not have this type of support from my graduate sorors becuase with grad chapters like yours, who needs enemies!
a real woman

Trenton, NJ

#7 Apr 28, 2008
That individual named Arieal Ellis is telling the truth.You AKA s always in trouble for hazing. You should get use of going to court and getting off. Your organization is fake! Your founding mothers should be rolling in their grave! You lie about sisterhood. You all fake and wanna be`s. You kiss each other friend yet backstab each other. So Arieal if u see this. Go join a real organization. They did u a favor cause you do not want to be reoconized as trash !
Realistic

Gheens, LA

#8 Apr 28, 2008
First of all is easy for everybody to put their two cents in but nobody actually knows what really happened but the people that were involved. But I will say this, the events that night may not have been as extreme as it is being handled but something happened. I don't believe that girl would just lie on those girls for nothing especially when she wanted to be one of them. The administration had to have some kind of evidence to suspend those girls..I mean let's be realistic. And when you think about it everybody is saying she is just mad because she wasn't allowed to come to a party but they only had one party(The Candyland party) and if one of the members told her that she couldn't come then that is HAZING!!! That story is not making the AKAs look any better. I think that she made a bad decision in recanting her story but I can understand why she did it because dealing with grades, peer pressure, social things, and etc. while in college can be very stressful not to mention fighting for justice against a sorority. From what I hear all sororities and fraternities and gets (at least a little maybe not physically but mentally hazed but their mistake was just picking one person. If they would have done it to a group of girls and they were on a actual line she may not have felt as victimized as she do now. But like I said no one really knows what happened. But if they did do those things to her although they may be upset because they can't graduate and they are suspended or whatever, they need to be a grown woman about it and face the consequences and let it go. God knows what happened, you might try to get over and lie to man, bu you can't lie to him.
wow

Hammond, LA

#9 Apr 28, 2008
i never imagined this would make the news nor would it be on websites.....this is crazy!!!! can we all say juicy gossip!!!
i know thats childish but thats just what it is!!! i know i will spread the word.....lmao
hope she gets justice if it did indeed happen..hope the AKAs gets justice if it didnt
Realistic

Gheens, LA

#10 Apr 28, 2008
I just watched the news again and they presented some new information. They stated that only 7 out of 8 of the AKAs are challenging the decision. The fact that only 7 out of the 8 are actually challenging the decision is really going to hurt them. Because its going to make everybody think that "if they are really innocent why isn't "that one girl" fighting for her justice. I know if I was wrongfully accused of something and it affected my education, I know I would be fighting.
someone close

Tickfaw, LA

#11 Apr 28, 2008
I hope this gets resolved because this is a hot mess! AND someone hit the nail just right, "God will know what happened" and you can't lie to him.
not shocked

Dayton, OH

#12 Apr 28, 2008
the girls have been getting away with it for a long time...
BE TRUE

Hammond, LA

#13 Apr 28, 2008
Lets get some understanding right now, anyone that wants to join an organization is NOT going to lie about them!Be real with yourself, anybody in their RIGHT mind would not want to JEOPARDIZE their chances.
There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the (8)AKAs did what they did! At Southeastern, I know they have good ones or bad ones(scandalous). I feel that the way they treated this girl was very DEVILISH!Some of them could probably tell you that they never went through HAZING a day in their life to become an AKA.
So the question is, "WHY?" They were already found GUILTY but want to keep their PRIDE and decide to get an appeal. But once again, "WHY?"
Each one of you were woman enough to do that to an innocent, so be woman enough and take your punishment! Because honestly, yall deserve more than a suspension! NOW WHO NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED???
Now we can go on and on about whats right and wrong but KNOW THAT GOD SEE'S ALL THINGS!
greek4life

Dayton, OH

#14 Apr 28, 2008
to the young lady, i am sorry you had to endure the situation. i wish you the best, i know your lawyer will advise you on whats best and what to do next.
to the accused you all should be ashamed, you are caught and should be women and deal with it.
crazy sh_t

Hammond, LA

#15 Apr 28, 2008
this is ridiculous...i hope the truth comes out with this situation!!! I hope that girl dont go to southeastern no more....the stares and grins she will get is going to be PRICELESS!
greekmember wanna be

Hammond, LA

#16 Apr 28, 2008
i heard them alphas omegas and deltas be hazing too at southeastern! im glad i go to LSU ya heard me!!!
oh NOOOO

Hammond, LA

#17 Apr 28, 2008
what is really going on?!!! i hate that greekmember wanna be is putting people on blast and does not even go to Southeastern.... plz stop accusing organizations
A Pedestrian

Hammond, LA

#18 Apr 28, 2008
All I can say is DAMN!!! I hope the truth comes out in due time God knows all and sees all too!!! So if you know you lied get ready for that guilty conscience!!!!!!!!!!Piece!!!!
Drving By

Hammond, LA

#19 Apr 28, 2008
Ohhh!!!! I can't believe it I thought people with sense were better than that!!!Guess NOT!!
IMsoPROUD

Plattenville, LA

#21 Apr 28, 2008
Ariel you are so strong to stand up for yourself. HAZING is a crime. You did it, you know you did it, so now you're going to pay for it. I'm so glad Ariel wasn't worried about what others think. In the end...it's all about justice baby. She will get her justice cause God sees everything.
MCMggrl

Plattenville, LA

#22 Apr 28, 2008
She recanted it out of fear and not lies. WHY would she lie? I would be pretty scared if I was in her shoes. It's one person against those 8, PLUS the sorority as a whole ANDDDD many others. I'm supporting you and your courage Ariel Ellis. I hope and pray you seek justice. Pay for your mistakes, girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min deutscher Nationa... 115,369
Renee Stringer: Jonesboro's issues being ignored (Jun '12) 1 hr Well 27
Jimmy Swaggart Ministries Faces New Scandal (Aug '11) 13 hr NellHard 338
Is Rev. Gabriel Swaggart Teaching False Things? 20 hr NellHard 3
sammyboy Aug 30 Lim 1
Alexandria sting results in 17 arrests on solic... Aug 29 Hahahaha 21
Former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards: Yester... Aug 29 hang them rats 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••