Be careful with higher I-49 speeds

Apr 24, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Shrevport Times

Louisiana's response to a three-year decline in highway carnage? Drive faster. Actually, the state highway department says raising the speed limit to 75 mph on rural portions of Interstate 49 will improve safety.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
fastandfurious

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

With the rising cost of fuel we should be slowing down. And with the number of poor divers out there we definitely need to take it easy. This is a stupid move on the part of lawmakers. Who makes these ignorant decisions anyway?
SpeedyGonzales

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Everybody does 75 anyway. Slowing down does save gas either.

You either go faster, get where you're going quicker, and burn more gas or slow down, take longer to get there, and burn more gas.
LA360_Dot_net

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

speedy,

You're right, everyone does 75mph anyways. They did a year long study and found out 85% of drivers on i49 drove at 75mph. That's largely how they decided what to raise it to.

-Brad
http://LA360.net
SpeedyGonzales

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Doesn't** save gas either. Sorry for the type-o.
Amazed

Opelousas, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Now people are driving 85mph!! Go figure the logic in that!
nobodyimportant

Pineville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

You do save gas by driving at slower speeds even if you take longer to get there. Try it by checking your mileage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••