Be careful with higher I-49 speeds

Apr 24, 2011 Full story: Shrevport Times 6

Louisiana's response to a three-year decline in highway carnage? Drive faster. Actually, the state highway department says raising the speed limit to 75 mph on rural portions of Interstate 49 will improve safety.

Full Story
fastandfurious

Ville Platte, LA

#1 Apr 25, 2011
With the rising cost of fuel we should be slowing down. And with the number of poor divers out there we definitely need to take it easy. This is a stupid move on the part of lawmakers. Who makes these ignorant decisions anyway?
SpeedyGonzales

United States

#2 Apr 27, 2011
Everybody does 75 anyway. Slowing down does save gas either.

You either go faster, get where you're going quicker, and burn more gas or slow down, take longer to get there, and burn more gas.
LA360_Dot_net

Alexandria, LA

#3 May 1, 2011
speedy,

You're right, everyone does 75mph anyways. They did a year long study and found out 85% of drivers on i49 drove at 75mph. That's largely how they decided what to raise it to.

-Brad
http://LA360.net
SpeedyGonzales

United States

#4 May 1, 2011
Doesn't** save gas either. Sorry for the type-o.
Amazed

Opelousas, LA

#5 Jun 24, 2011
Now people are driving 85mph!! Go figure the logic in that!
nobodyimportant

Pineville, LA

#6 Jun 25, 2011
You do save gas by driving at slower speeds even if you take longer to get there. Try it by checking your mileage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisiana On The Lookout For Voter Suppression ... Dec 6 Ace McMillan 3
GOP group seizes on Landrieu's 'I did not vote ... Dec 6 Ace McMillan 1
'Go vote again tomorrow': Video shows Louisiana... Dec 2 Ace McMillan 5
Fight for U.S. Senate control may not end on El... Nov '14 barefoot2626 57
Louisiana May Force Women To Read A Pamphlet Ab... (Apr '14) May '14 godless by choice 47
How To Remove Florida Arrest.org And a Dui Mug ... (Jun '11) May '14 WebJustice 135
Senate holds global warming all-nighter: Why 4 ... (Mar '14) Apr '14 litesong 57
More from around the web