Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 Full story: Kansas.com 27,699

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Full Story
kal

West Richland, WA

#25744 Aug 9, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen liberal who could talk your ears off and whose conversations were always against. Against Talk Radio, Big Oil, Big Coal, Big whatever is the latest in thing to rant about. Of course they are not against everything, they always seem to be for bigger government, spending more on failed ideas, and whining about how the right will not work with them which usually means do everything they want how they want to do it.
You want to talk about pathetic; you should look at how pathetic the democrats have been. Even more pathetic that the GOP.
oh my 'tina', california, has opted themselves out of the ability to live like the rest of the united states. california, always being the first to make laws against laws on just about anything`has now painted themselves into the corner once again. this time however, all of their feel good, warm fuzzy feeling crap is, when they need it most, guess what?

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/08/09/wind-po...
texsT

Perryville, MO

#25745 Aug 9, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh my 'tina', california, has opted themselves out of the ability to live like the rest of the united states. california, always being the first to make laws against laws on just about anything`has now painted themselves into the corner once again. this time however, all of their feel good, warm fuzzy feeling crap is, when they need it most, guess what?
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/08/09/wind-po...
Even with the nuclear and coal fired plants running they still issue alerts on heavy usage days. Nothing unusual about that but i am sure you can come up with something to explain it away.
kal

West Richland, WA

#25746 Aug 9, 2012
texsT wrote:
<quoted text>Even with the nuclear and coal fired plants running they still issue alerts on heavy usage days. Nothing unusual about that but i am sure you can come up with something to explain it away.
oh but 'tex', if you had read the article, the nuclear plant is shut down, probable never to restart. coal is taboo in the great state of california. no 'tex', they made their bed. there is nothing sane people can do for the poor bastards.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#25747 Aug 10, 2012
texsT wrote:
<quoted text>Even with the nuclear and coal fired plants running they still issue alerts on heavy usage days. Nothing unusual about that but i am sure you can come up with something to explain it away.
And of course they believe that catalytic converters were communist inspired.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#25748 Aug 10, 2012
Bozo wrote:
And of course they believe that catalytic converters were communist inspired.
Your comments are getting more pathetic by the day, grandpaw.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#25749 Aug 10, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your comments are getting more pathetic by the day, grandpaw.
Another pitiful comment from a brown recluse.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#25750 Aug 11, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh my 'tina', california, has opted themselves out of the ability to live like the rest of the united states. california, always being the first to make laws against laws on just about anything`has now painted themselves into the corner once again. this time however, all of their feel good, warm fuzzy feeling crap is, when they need it most, guess what?
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/08/09/wind-po...
Not even surprised. Add to that the fact that more of California's power comes from out of state and you had a ready made energy crisis.

Now they have an energy and an economic crisis.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#25751 Aug 11, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course they believe that catalytic converters were communist inspired.
Why, enviromentalist or capitalist would make sense. The enviromentalist because it would have the dual effect of cleaning up the air and making cars more expensive and capitalist because they could make tons of cash off them.

Of course thinking things out has never been your strong area.
PHD

Houston, TX

#25752 Aug 11, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, enviromentalist or capitalist would make sense. The enviromentalist because it would have the dual effect of cleaning up the air and making cars more expensive and capitalist because they could make tons of cash off them.
Of course thinking things out has never been your strong area.
Thinking maY not be a strong area for some. You couldn't think your LESS THAN A BOX OF ROCKS.
kal

West Richland, WA

#25753 Aug 11, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even surprised. Add to that the fact that more of California's power comes from out of state and you had a ready made energy crisis.
Now they have an energy and an economic crisis.
oh my 'tina', they need to have their power lines cut off, all of their power needs to come from their harebrained ideas. only then can they say solar or wind is better. do you know whose coaled fired powered powerplants run california?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#25754 Aug 12, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh my 'tina', they need to have their power lines cut off, all of their power needs to come from their harebrained ideas. only then can they say solar or wind is better. do you know whose coaled fired powered powerplants run california?
Pitiful.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#25755 Aug 12, 2012
kal wrote:
<quoted text>oh my 'tina', they need to have their power lines cut off, all of their power needs to come from their harebrained ideas. only then can they say solar or wind is better. do you know whose coaled fired powered powerplants run california?
Actually ENRON did just that and they had brownouts and blackouts. As for California sources of power. They receive it from several states and even Mexico and Canada. Just cutting off all coal produced electricity would be enough to place Califronia in the dark. Not to mention the higher cost of solar and wind would push many californian business out of the state or out of business.
PHD

Houston, TX

#25756 Aug 12, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually ENRON did just that and they had brownouts and blackouts. As for California sources of power. They receive it from several states and even Mexico and Canada. Just cutting off all coal produced electricity would be enough to place Califronia in the dark. Not to mention the higher cost of solar and wind would push many californian business out of the state or out of business.
Well now if coal was cut off than 60% of America would go in the dark. Again you don't have a clue. Do you live in this Great Country of ours or you on loan here? Well I think that your as many say a Less than a Box of rocks. Do post what one child lrft behind program you attended maybe we could get you a refund.

Since: Aug 12

Savannah, TN

#25757 Aug 12, 2012
The planet is in no trouble. But give them money so they shut up about it.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#25758 Aug 12, 2012
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
"This won't be an even and predictable event."
Wow, you just made a valid argument AGAINST the GW theory. If it's not predictable, how the heck did it become a theory?
You Zeplin is going down in a blaze of glory, all brain cells lost.
A good article in the WSJ. It is time to take global warming seriously. We need to take reasonable steps to approach the problem.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087239639...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#25759 Aug 12, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually ENRON did just that ..
Enron shut down power plants for 'maintenance' to 'game' the 'spot market'. It worked exactly like the greed and power model of the fossil fool mega-corporations but not quite as subtle.
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
and they had brownouts and blackouts.
Exactly as you would expect if you put private greed in control. The only ones that didn't have blackouts and brownouts (to up the price of power) were cities that held on to their public utility generation capacity.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#25760 Aug 12, 2012
kal wrote:
james hansen...... spearheaded the new ice age scare of the 70's.
After you go thru enough scientists, you might find the right one. However, your topix AGW denier ganghood has made errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 3 million TIMES, 500 million TIMES, 4.13 billion TIMES, & even a thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand TIMES. So, you might NOT guess.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#25762 Aug 13, 2012
DumBozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never been to Wyoming, why would you think I live there?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#25763 Aug 13, 2012
litesout wrote:
After you go thru enough scientists, you might find the right one. However, your topix AGW denier ganghood has made errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 3 million TIMES, 500 million TIMES, 4.13 billion TIMES, & even a thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand TIMES. So, you might NOT guess.
Hmmm, is that an example of the 'higher level' maths you keep rambling on about?

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#25764 Aug 13, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been to Wyoming, why would you think I live there?
Ok, I'll bite. What does Wyoming have to do with what I posted? Or is this just another senior moment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) Tue The Kangaroo 6,017
Kansas prisons face staffing shortages Nov 24 Go Blue Forever 1
Report: Kansas ranks high on taxpayer 'return o... Nov 22 Elise Gingerich 1
Water agreement still leaves issues for Kansas,... Nov 22 Go Blue Forever 1
Kansas fracking and earthquakes Nov 20 Go Blue Forever 11
Kansas Unemployment (Nov '09) Nov 19 McCain 565
Who are you voting for in the Kansas Governor r... Nov 19 Dale 38

Kansas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE