Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kansas.com

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Comments (Page 1,143)

Showing posts 22,841 - 22,860 of26,704
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23602
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Knowyostuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha boy your stupid. The suns gravity is pulling us closer dumbass. What your talking about is what proves the moon is receding from earth. FACT! You don't know anything.
The earth's relationship to the sun changes over time.

Approx 14,700 years ago, our earth was as close to our sun as it gets in it's approx 100,000 year eccentric cycle. Since that time the distance has increased.

http://www.eoearth.org/article/Milankovitch_c...
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23603
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Knowyostuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha boy your stupid. The suns gravity is pulling us closer dumbass. What your talking about is what proves the moon is receding from earth. FACT! You don't know anything.
http://www.eoearth.org/article/Milankovitch_c...

Approx 14,700 years ago our earth was as close to the sun as it gets. This is a function of the eccentric cycle as described in the Milankovitch Cycles.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23604
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sorry for the double posts first was delayed.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23605
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

knowknowsnothing wrote:
Ha boy your stupid. The suns gravity is pulling us closer dumbass. What your talking about is what proves the moon is receding from earth. FACT! You don't know anything.
I've presented my ideas of changes of the structure of our Local Galaxy Supercluster to a prominent professional astronomer. Years later, he confided to me, that he dwells on my ideas.

Of course, there are other mechanisms at work other than just orbital tidal interactions.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23606
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Knownostuff wrote:
<quoted text>
The suns gravity is pulling us closer dumbass.
Sure it is.....LOL !!

“Failure Is Not An Option”

Since: Feb 12

Enterprise Al

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23607
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Prove me wrong bitch I've personally seen proof on multiple occasions in different facilities

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23609
Feb 25, 2012
 
Knowyostuff wrote:
Prove me wrong bitch I've personally seen proof on multiple occasions in different facilities
Prove yourself right since I have seen no such proof.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23610
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

knowknowsnothing wrote:
Prove me wrong bitch I've personally seen proof on multiple occasions in different facilities
topix AGW deniers can't tell the difference between science & exxon, oil, energy & business propaganda spread on conservative TV, radio, & internet mediums, can't understand science papers, can't validate science papers, & most certainly have no taps to the latest science information that isn't available to the general public.

"knowknowsnothing" doesn't even know how to bitch.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23611
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Knowyostuff wrote:
Prove me wrong bitch I've personally seen proof on multiple occasions in different facilities
Aren't prisons called facilities in the USA?
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23612
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The-- Terminator wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is.....LOL !!
The Earth is continually falling towards the Sun. That is why we go round and round....

Increasing CO2 in the atmosphere is continually making the Earth warmer. That is why we are going round and round....
Gord

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23613
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Earth is continually falling towards the Sun. That is why we go round and round....
Increasing CO2 in the atmosphere is continually making the Earth warmer. That is why we are going round and round....
I guess we can now add Gravity being affected CO2 and AGW to the already IMMENSE number of things affected by AGW:

A complete list of things caused by AGW.
http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

What a HOOT!
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23614
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Gord wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we can now add Gravity being affected CO2 and AGW to the already IMMENSE number of things affected by AGW:
A complete list of things caused by AGW.
http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm
What a HOOT!
Didn't figure you would understand the paronomasia since you have such difficulty with understanding basic science. The meaning was not that CO2 makes the world go round and round but that it makes us here on the Topix go round and round.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23615
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

we must act fast to remove all HUMANS from this planet to some other so we can start over .
NobodyYouKnow

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23616
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't figure you would understand the paronomasia since you have such difficulty with understanding basic science. The meaning was not that CO2 makes the world go round and round but that it makes us here on the Topix go round and round.
You might find this reference educational. I found it to be a very well done description of the greenhouse effect.

http://tinyurl.com/7rk7p93

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23617
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bozo may also find this educational:
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow wrote:
That CO2 cannot be a 'pollutant'? Wrong. Anything CAN and IS a pollutant in a specific context. In this case, as a greenhouse gas causing 'thermal pollution' of the planet.
-
it is IRRELEVANT to the issue of CO2 as a 'thermal pollutant'. Agreed?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23618
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

NobodyYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
You might find this reference educational. I found it to be a very well done description of the greenhouse effect.
http://tinyurl.com/7rk7p93
Except for the bottle experiment, I agree.
Patriot AKA Bozo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23619
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Earthling-1 wrote:
Bozo may also find this educational:<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
DEPENDS upon how you interpret the definition of a thermal pollutant. CO2 does increase the temperature. That is a thermal event. Since many understand that a hotter atmosphere will become problematic it is not incorrect to say that CO2 is a pollutant because it causes the atmosphere to heat. Thus can we call it a thermal pollutant?

pollutant:

Definition
In general, substance or energy introduced into the environment that has undesired effects, or adversely affects the usefulness of a resource. A pollutant may cause long- or short-term damage by changing the growth rate of plant or animal species, or by interfering with human amenities, comfort, health, or property values. Pollutants may be classified by various criteria:(1) By the origin: whether they are natural or man-made (synthetic).(2) By the effect: on an organ, specie, or an entire ecosystem.(3) By the properties: mobility, persistence, toxicity.(4) By the controllability: ease or difficulty of removal.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23620
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
DEPENDS upon how you interpret the definition of a thermal pollutant. CO2 does increase the temperature. That is a thermal event. Since many understand that a hotter atmosphere will become problematic it is not incorrect to say that CO2 is a pollutant because it causes the atmosphere to heat. Thus can we call it a thermal pollutant?
pollutant:
Definition
In general, substance or energy introduced into the environment that has undesired effects, or adversely affects the usefulness of a resource. A pollutant may cause long- or short-term damage by changing the growth rate of plant or animal species, or by interfering with human amenities, comfort, health, or property values. Pollutants may be classified by various criteria:(1) By the origin: whether they are natural or man-made (synthetic).(2) By the effect: on an organ, specie, or an entire ecosystem.(3) By the properties: mobility, persistence, toxicity.(4) By the controllability: ease or difficulty of removal.
Yes, we can call it "thermal pollutant."

Others have posted similarly.

What "minus one" does not grasp is that science people also invent terms that go into the dictionary.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23621
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

A little crisis is a Harry Potter plotline.

"There are millions of people and their doomed families in the global scientific community and only dozens of climate change protesters. If millions of people had firsthand knowledge of the worst disaster imaginable, hundreds of thousands of them would be marching and ACTING like it was a crisis." –Shylow Escobar

Exaggeration trumps scientific consensus.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23622
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

at home in lynching counties wrote:
we must act fast to remove all HUMANS from this planet......
We must only remove AGW deniers. Since they AREN'T humans, like eart hling (alien has no affinity to Earth), all we have to worry about is the ASPCA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,841 - 22,860 of26,704
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••