Gay marriage supporters take fight to courts

May 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chicago Tribune

Carlos Briones, left, and Richard Rykhus, of Evanston, are plaintiffs in the ACLU suit.

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 200 of221
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway you cut it in 50 years same sex marriage will be legal..
WILL YOUR KINDS LIFE AND MARRIAGES END THEN????? Or will it just go on like it is today.....?
Don't worry. I will not gloat when you are found to be wrong...
NEW

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry. I will not gloat when you are found to be wrong...
Your kind was worng on many things.

slavery
womens rights
blacks rights

way back

flat earth sun rotateing around earth
math and science being evil
the list goes on and on that you religous nazi fascist have fought.

WILL YOU SHUT UP AND LIVE WITH IT WHEN YOUR EVIL DEMONIC NAZI FASCIST BANS ARE STRUCK DOWN??????????BECAUSE THEY WILL I BET MY LIFE AND THAT OF MY FAMILY ON IT......FACT IS FACT HITLER BOY...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind was worng on many things.
slavery
womens rights
blacks rights
way back
flat earth sun rotateing around earth
math and science being evil
the list goes on and on that you religous nazi fascist have fought.
WILL YOU SHUT UP AND LIVE WITH IT WHEN YOUR EVIL DEMONIC NAZI FASCIST BANS ARE STRUCK DOWN??????????BECAUSE THEY WILL I BET MY LIFE AND THAT OF MY FAMILY ON IT......FACT IS FACT HITLER BOY...
...you attribute these things to me how????
NEW

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Religous hate filled fascist fought againt all these things....ANYTIME SOMEONE IS FIGHTING AGAINT FREEDOM OR CIVIL RIGHTS IT IS SOMEONE LIKE YOU DOING THE FIGHTING.....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
Religous hate filled fascist fought againt all these things....ANYTIME SOMEONE IS FIGHTING AGAINT FREEDOM OR CIVIL RIGHTS IT IS SOMEONE LIKE YOU DOING THE FIGHTING.....
As usual, you are incorrect....

MLK and the civil rights leaders were all Christians. Most of the protesters of the 60's initiated their protests in the church...that is why 'non violence' was such a huge issue....

As far as the women's movement went...most of them were Christians too....
NEW

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you are incorrect....
MLK and the civil rights leaders were all Christians. Most of the protesters of the 60's initiated their protests in the church...that is why 'non violence' was such a huge issue....
As far as the women's movement went...most of them were Christians too....
LOL>>>.yes the blacks were christains...BUT THE KKK FIGHTING AGAINT THEM WERE WHITE CHRISTAINS..........Please try facts and real history ok hitler boy......

Please tell me this...HOW DOES LETTING GAYS HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS PERSONALLY EFFECT YOU????????? Why do you fight againt there rights so hard for?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL>>>.yes the blacks were christains...BUT THE KKK FIGHTING AGAINT THEM WERE WHITE CHRISTAINS..........Please try facts and real history ok hitler boy......
Please tell me this...HOW DOES LETTING GAYS HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS PERSONALLY EFFECT YOU????????? Why do you fight againt there rights so hard for?
The kkk is an 'extremist' group, that called themselves Christian, but no Christian churches teach the kind of hatred that fill them.

It's like Islam and Al Quada.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
The kkk is an 'extremist' group, that called themselves Christian, but no Christian churches teach the kind of hatred that fill them.
That is some serious bs. Many churches openly advocates for murdering/killing people. Churches do nothing but promote hate, bigotry, intolerant, racism, homophobic, sexism, war mongering, etc.
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Really... so the church that wants to gather all homos up and fence them off... isnt like the kkk.....
The churches that protests at fallen soldiers funerals... are not like the kkk
The churches who protest out side abortion clinics, hasseling women who have made a hard decision... calling them names... are not like the kkk...

The list of KKK esq things churches have done in the name of religion goes on and on..... Started back with the inquistions and goes on today.
Yes they are not a violent as early kkk, but just as radical, just as filled with hate.... only they swear it is love of their fellow people...

Funny I never heard "love" defined like that

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery was fully supported in its day and professed in southern christian churchs and christians of the day used countless biblical passages to justify and support it as an institution just as you use the bible today to justify your christian dislike of gays.... Like I have said a million times on here the christian is not content unless they are judging and persecuting someone...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery was fully supported in its day and professed in southern christian churchs and christians of the day used countless biblical passages to justify and support it as an institution just as you use the bible today to justify your christian dislike of gays.... Like I have said a million times on here the christian is not content unless they are judging and persecuting someone...
Yes, it was...as a matter of fact, the abolition of slaver was 'removed' from the Declaration of Independence in order to keep the south from seceding the union, howevery, the northern Christians (remember them??) were against it, and so began the civil war. The rest is history.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some serious bs. Many churches openly advocates for murdering/killing people. Churches do nothing but promote hate, bigotry, intolerant, racism, homophobic, sexism, war mongering, etc.
I have attended churches around this country and around the world..not one called for that..

The media focuses in on the radicals and passes them off as the mainstream, which they of course are not.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
There were plenty of non black Christians that walked marched with them.
NEW

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
There were plenty of non black Christians that walked marched with them.
Well my Dad was down there walking and fighting...And all thsoe fighting againt black civil rights were carrying buybulls and saying how god had made white man his chosen people......Now I know you will spew more lies....BUT MY FACTS WILL ALWAYS TRUMP YOUR NAZI FASCIST KKK CRAP!!!!!!!!!!You cant hide who you are.....Cloth your hate and bigotry in the buybull and religion wont change that your EVIL!!!!!!!!!! Lucky we have the constitution to protect us from your kind..

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my Dad was down there walking and fighting...And all thsoe fighting againt black civil rights were carrying buybulls and saying how god had made white man his chosen people......Now I know you will spew more lies....BUT MY FACTS WILL ALWAYS TRUMP YOUR NAZI FASCIST KKK CRAP!!!!!!!!!!You cant hide who you are.....Cloth your hate and bigotry in the buybull and religion wont change that your EVIL!!!!!!!!!! Lucky we have the constitution to protect us from your kind..
I don't doubt that some Christians believed the Bible to subjegate African Americans, most did not. That is the point.
NEW

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt that some Christians believed the Bible to subjegate African Americans, most did not. That is the point.
Over the last thousand years or so christains have used there religion to HAMMER AND SMASH AND TORTURE PEOPLE ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sick of your kind trying to control peoples private lives........IF YOU DONT STOP WAR IS COMING........
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your arguments have been used in the past to justify these things.

It's always you, and people like you.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
Over the last thousand years or so christains have used there religion to HAMMER AND SMASH AND TORTURE PEOPLE ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sick of your kind trying to control peoples private lives........IF YOU DONT STOP WAR IS COMING........
First your hitler fantasies...now war fantasies....tell me, do you see your 'army' forming up from your barred hospital window????
Mawwiage

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Marriage is a civil right per the U.S. Supreme Court, but that doesn't mean any relationship can call itself "marriage" and invoke that right upon itself. For example, just because my family prays at dinner, doesn't mean I can demand my household to be recognized as a "church" with all the benefits that go with that classification. Marriage was not created by religion or government. Marriage is a special bond which protects and benefits one man and one woman through whom there is no other way to perpetuate the human race. Because only the union of one man and one woman can keep society going, and that relationship is the basic unit of civilization, it should be entitled to special legal protection not afforded to any other. In the business world, certain types of contracts apply only to "merchants" under the law. Just because two parties want to take advantage of the laws by calling themselves merchants doesn't mean they are.
no big O

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Mawwiage wrote:
Marriage is a civil right per the U.S. Supreme Court, but that doesn't mean any relationship can call itself "marriage" and invoke that right upon itself. For example, just because my family prays at dinner, doesn't mean I can demand my household to be recognized as a "church" with all the benefits that go with that classification. Marriage was not created by religion or government. Marriage is a special bond which protects and benefits one man and one woman through whom there is no other way to perpetuate the human race. Because only the union of one man and one woman can keep society going, and that relationship is the basic unit of civilization, it should be entitled to special legal protection not afforded to any other. In the business world, certain types of contracts apply only to "merchants" under the law. Just because two parties want to take advantage of the laws by calling themselves merchants doesn't mean they are.
Marriage is a special bond which protects and benefits one man and one woman through whom there is no other way to perpetuate the human race. Because only the union of one man and one woman can keep society going, and that relationship is the basic unit of civilization, it should be entitled to special legal protection not afforded to any other.

Ok... so if a man an woman can not "perpetuate" the human race... they can not marry?.... If the man had a vasectomy, women post menopausal, one of them is sterile?..... Going by your "contract" theory, they would not be able to meet the terms of the contract so one can not exist. Is that what you are saying... deny marriage to anyone who will not breed?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of221
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••