Former Spanish River student gets two years prison for 2006 cra...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Accident killed 1 of 7 teens in car Lidia Baldo , mother of Narayana Gaspar, is hugged by Megan Minotti, who had been friends with Narayana since third grade.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
observer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

I do not believe that Natasha Rodriguez will make it through the first year of her probation without getting into some form of trouble. I believe that Judge Labarga was fair and just in his judgement, and we will most likely see Rodriguez back in the news and back in prison before long. I hope Lidia Baldo can now sleep a full night without sadness and nightmares, and have some peace and satisfaction with this outcome.
Markey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Didn't two older punks whose street racing KILLED people just get off with probation? Too bad that judge wasn't one of their victims.
hop

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

She deserved the max just for her lack of compassion and failing to admit guilt. But not to worry, she will break probation rules within a very short period of time and do her full 13 years on top of the 2. And have fun in club fed, Natasha. Remember, accidents happen and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with your girlfriends in the slammer!!
Vigilante

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Thats the only hope we have for justice is that she will violate probation and get a real sentence. What a joke you kill someone out of neglence and you get two years and out of that she will serve a little over a year.

“The Cat that saw you Naked”

Since: Feb 08

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Vigilante wrote:
Thats the only hope we have for justice is that she will violate probation and get a real sentence. What a joke you kill someone out of neglence and you get two years and out of that she will serve a little over a year.
She will have to service 85% of her prison term. That was enacted some years ago in the state of Florida. Just thought you should know that.
LFO

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

It seems that the problem today is that young people do not want to bear responsibility for their acts. They have to know that there is a punishment but that should first come from their parents. Most parents seem to always side with their child which teaches the wrong lesson. Now it is up to her to stay out of jail afte a just sentence.

“The Cat that saw you Naked”

Since: Feb 08

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

"serve" my bad typing before I finish my first cup of coffee.
Boca Driver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Good! That's one less idiot off the road!
HHMMMM

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Lets see at sixteen you barely get your room clean. Parents beg them to get they're homework done. And they get punished for coming in late. At sixteen you just don't get it...!!!
How is it that the courts ponder long and hard about charging someone that age as an adult for all other crimes but a kid who was with 5 other girls that night all drinking all in no position to make a responsible decision gets hung out to dry. Forget that she has no remorse cause thats not her crime.

I don't know this girl and maybe she's not a very nice person, I still feel she wasn't the only one there that night, the rest let her drive, why.......

Community service allowing her to see where her action plays out seems to me would have taught her more than hanging out with drug sealers and prostitute while wasting valuable education years.

I disagree with this decision....sorry
Simple minded

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Rodriguez, 16 at the time of the crash, got behind the wheel of a Ford Taurus packed with six other teens despite not having a driver's license. The driver had a migraine, her lawyer argued, and in Rodriguez's mind she was helping a friend.

Upon hearing that Rodriguez shifted the blame to the girl with a migraine, Roberts said had she known that, she would have sought the maximum sentence.

The two above paragraphs are taken from the story. Maybe it is just too early for me, but Rodriguez "got behind the wheel", which would imply Rodriguez was the driver, correct? If the driver had the migraine and the driver was Rodriguez, how was Rodriguez shifting the blame to the girl with the migraine?

According to what I have read, that would mean she was shifting the blame to herself?

Could someone please help me with this? And I do agree with what has been writtn previously...Rodriguez is irresponsible and will continue that type of behavior when she is released. It is simply a matter of time...
Ollie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Anybody who gets behind the wheel of a car and does not have a drivers license knows they are committing a criminal act. In this case someone died as a result of her committing a criminal act. She deserves much more jail time than she got.
Kenani

Sudan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Only two years! she better behave during that probation period.
Go Sox

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Thankfully, we are reading this story before "Concerned One" has had a chance to read it. We will be constantly inundated with idiotic ramblings about how this story should convionce us all to go back to the horse and buggy days.

Unfortunately, due to the price of gasoline, those days might not be that far off. Maybe the Amish are on to something!
Green Sweep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Tax payers will be paying for this bitc*h for life. She just earned her seat in the criminal justice lifelong career program. She will receive her advanced training in the can and then will be on to bigger and better crimes. Hmm, which department do I want to work in? Stay in theft? Not that good at it. Let's try drugs, lots of coin in that division, no fear of recession forced layoffs. I can get a great mentor in the joint, I'm a cute little tater tot, I will love being some carpet scrubber for Butch Betty.
I personally think the sentence was too harsh and should/will be appealed. But no doubt she is a junior thugitta. Vote Nader. It will count, promise.
dirty harrys cousin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

incredible bad judgment" resulting in a 2006 car crash that killed her friend, She had not called or written the family to apologize.
Gaspar, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the car and killed.It a ford tarus people does it have 6 seatbelts?

Some friend then she gets caught stealing what a piece of crap
Mom of High schooler

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Go Sox wrote:
Thankfully, we are reading this story before "Concerned One" has had a chance to read it. We will be constantly inundated with idiotic ramblings about how this story should convionce us all to go back to the horse and buggy days.
Unfortunately, due to the price of gasoline, those days might not be that far off. Maybe the Amish are on to something!
Your comment is to funny! I love it.
Ray Towers

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Boca Driver wrote:
Good! That's one less idiot off the road!
I think you mean "one less idiot ON the road"
NEW ATTITUDE

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Sounds like another one of those spoiled, high mainenance, wanna-be-famous brats that doesn't think anything she does will have any real repercussions in her life. Well wake up honey, and Mommy too. The minute you got behind the wheel you failed. Then you decided to go 30 miles faster than the spped limit after you and 6 other passengers that had been partying all night. Best part is the lame excuse that the girl that held a license "had a migrane" and you were helping her out. Grow up! The judge could have, and should have, been harder on you. Hope this teaches all you spoiled punks, who think you know it all, a lession.
Satan

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

This fat spanish swine should have been put away for alot longer. She
is not going to learn anything in prison anyway except how to break the law and avoid getting caught. Now we have to feed and care for this murderer until her release. Shame on her parents for not putting down the Corona and teaching her to drive or get a driver license.

OLE'
Pete

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

Judged:

Simple minded wrote:
Rodriguez, 16 at the time of the crash, got behind the wheel of a Ford Taurus packed with six other teens despite not having a driver's license. The driver had a migraine, her lawyer argued, and in Rodriguez's mind she was helping a friend.
Upon hearing that Rodriguez shifted the blame to the girl with a migraine, Roberts said had she known that, she would have sought the maximum sentence.
The two above paragraphs are taken from the story. Maybe it is just too early for me, but Rodriguez "got behind the wheel", which would imply Rodriguez was the driver, correct? If the driver had the migraine and the driver was Rodriguez, how was Rodriguez shifting the blame to the girl with the migraine?
According to what I have read, that would mean she was shifting the blame to herself?
Could someone please help me with this? And I do agree with what has been writtn previously...Rodriguez is irresponsible and will continue that type of behavior when she is released. It is simply a matter of time...
It's not you: it's the editor. The kid who was supposed to be driving had the migraine, and hurt too much to drive. Apparently, if you're 16, that makes it OK to drive drunk, without a license, recklessly above the speed limit.

In another story, the mother of the fake cub scout got 23 months for scamming $69. Too bad that judge wasn't available to address these parents' failings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of59
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••