Cost of reaching for solar power will soar

Dec 26, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

As California Gov. Jerry Brown participated in a Capitol menorah-lighting ceremony last week to mark the onset of the Jewish holiday Hanukkah, he uttered a secular prayer for a miracle that would make California a model of carbon-free energy.

Comments (Page 48)

Showing posts 941 - 960 of1,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#975
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you forgot the subject???
Your antique TRS that you claims is as good as a modern tablet..........ROTFLMAO
Your TRS will not even began to open up spreadsheets that I open on a daily basis with a tablet.........LOL
Yes both have a motor and your antique and my tablet both have processors......
Your antique will turn on and so will a Volkswagen......
But what one will get the job done quicker??
My Porsche will do everything and more than your Volkswagen does.
But your Volkswagen will not do 99% of what my Porsche will do......
Will the volkswagen tow my boat?
NOPE
Will it drive on the sand like my Porsche?
NOPE
Will it drive a 150 miles per hour like my Porsche?
NOPE
Will it hold 7 people like my porsche?
NOPE
Yes you have proven yourself to be a ignorantly spouting moron but there is a huge difference in the performance and that is what I was talking about......
I have yet to see a Porsche that can hold sevn people, haul, a boat or drive in the sand. Then again the only ones I have seen are sports cars. As for the sand, Saw a VW Bug handle driving on a Naples Italy Beach with no problem. It was light and the sand was packed. Actually I remember how popular the old VW was with those who did kit cars. They could take the old VW and turn it into something like a sport car. With the exception of speed the old VW could do everything that the porsche could do. And do it cuter.

As for the contest between a tablet and the Model 100, can your table program a micro controller with a RS 232C port. They still make them and use them in modern industry. I also run models on a deskop that would cause your tablet to crash. The point being that like tools, that different tools are useful for different situations. You would not use a screwdriver to tighten a bolt or a cresent wrench to tighten a screw.

http://www.google.com/search...

http://www.porsche.com/

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#976
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again..........ROTFLMAO
There are over 100 columns and 150 rows
And each row has a picture as the spreadsheets are converted into both online and desk top calculators.......
I see you are so stupid you don't even understand that you can even buy a charger for your phone that uses AA batteries...
Or that you can buy a rechargeable power supply that will recharge your phone, tablet or even laptop..........LOL
Here Durecell even makes one..........LOL
www.duracell.com/en-US/category/power-reserve...
So far you have stuck your hooves in your mouth with every post........
Lets see your next one........LOL
Like I said, spreadsheet by a pro would not be that large. Since with every change of a single cell in it would cause a cascade of changes. A single error would cause the entire thing to be worthless.

Oh, I knew that you could buy a charger for your phone. Yet they never seem to work as advertised. I have tried a few out. Even found one that came with a USB jack so that you could plug your USB charging cable into it and charge any device that could be charged with a USB plug. I sure you could show me more ads and yet I somehow have to wonder how much is hype.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#977
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Earthling-1 wrote:
One is a hoof, ya goof.
It took a little while to puzzle out what he was trying to say. Then again, I bet he thinks I am Satan or a demon. After all, if alarmism is a religion then people he would consider people like me to be a demon.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#978
Aug 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
It took a little while to puzzle out what he was trying to say. Then again, I bet he thinks I am Satan or a demon. After all, if alarmism is a religion then people he would consider people like me to be a demon.
Deflate that big head. You couldn't be anything you mentioned above. Less than a Box of Rocks and a product of one child left behind program couldn't be any of the above.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#979
Aug 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to see a Porsche that can hold sevn people, haul, a boat or drive in the sand. Then again the only ones I have seen are sports cars. As for the sand, Saw a VW Bug handle driving on a Naples Italy Beach with no problem. It was light and the sand was packed. Actually I remember how popular the old VW was with those who did kit cars. They could take the old VW and turn it into something like a sport car. With the exception of speed the old VW could do everything that the porsche could do. And do it cuter.
As for the contest between a tablet and the Model 100, can your table program a micro controller with a RS 232C port. They still make them and use them in modern industry. I also run models on a deskop that would cause your tablet to crash. The point being that like tools, that different tools are useful for different situations. You would not use a screwdriver to tighten a bolt or a cresent wrench to tighten a screw.
http://www.google.com/search...
http://www.porsche.com/
Once again you spout off ignorantly..........ROTFLMAO

The Cayenne is actually rated at 5 but we have two small kids so we get 7 in it all of the time.
Yes it tows a boat fine......
4x4 will smoke that VW in soft sand every time......And blow its doors of everywhere else.......
How does that VW handle at 145 mph?????

But you are queen of the ignorant comments.........

You are comparing a dinosaur to the modern world.......

Only a complete moron would even go there.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#980
Aug 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, spreadsheet by a pro would not be that large. Since with every change of a single cell in it would cause a cascade of changes. A single error would cause the entire thing to be worthless.
Oh, I knew that you could buy a charger for your phone. Yet they never seem to work as advertised. I have tried a few out. Even found one that came with a USB jack so that you could plug your USB charging cable into it and charge any device that could be charged with a USB plug. I sure you could show me more ads and yet I somehow have to wonder how much is hype.
Once again the queen of ignorant response proves she is the queen.......

When a spread sheet is used to calculate insurance rates on a 100 million dollar yacht it will be many gigs.......

And once again you do your best to prove how ignorant you are.....

These batteries are as good as any rechargeable battery
Yes you can buy junk ones but if someone was less ignorant than you they would understand how to get the right battery.

Every profesional videographers uses them as do many photographer

If you plug your computer into a UPS it will work when the power goes out.....
That is the same thing......
If you owned a modern laptop or tablet you would also know that it comes with a rechargeable battery as do most phones.....

Does that battery work???

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#981
Aug 10, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
It took a little while to puzzle out what he was trying to say. Then again, I bet he thinks I am Satan or a demon. After all, if alarmism is a religion then people he would consider people like me to be a demon.
And again you show how ignorant you are........

I am far from a alarmist and if you would read before you posted you would see that I have exposed more wrong doings with the warmers than you will ever do......

But you are so ignorant that you thinks anyone that understands solar would also believe fat gore and his lies.........

How did you like the solar water heaters that work below ZERO and still produce hot water like you said could not happen???????

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#982
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you spout off ignorantly..........ROTFLMAO
The Cayenne is actually rated at 5 but we have two small kids so we get 7 in it all of the time.
Yes it tows a boat fine......
4x4 will smoke that VW in soft sand every time......And blow its doors of everywhere else.......
How does that VW handle at 145 mph?????
But you are queen of the ignorant comments.........
You are comparing a dinosaur to the modern world.......
Only a complete moron would even go there.
I can not really say since I have never driven any car that fast. Then again, how many roads in the US have a speed limit over a hundred MPH. On the other hand it seems to handle 65 MPH just fine. And guess what, I saw a VW towing a small boat yesterday. I wished I could of whipped out my phone faster so I could of gotton a picture. Then again I saw someone moving boats and campers around with a lawn tractor. So it should not be that surprising that a VW could do it as well.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#983
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again the queen of ignorant response proves she is the queen.......
When a spread sheet is used to calculate insurance rates on a 100 million dollar yacht it will be many gigs.......
And once again you do your best to prove how ignorant you are.....
These batteries are as good as any rechargeable battery
Yes you can buy junk ones but if someone was less ignorant than you they would understand how to get the right battery.
Every profesional videographers uses them as do many photographer
If you plug your computer into a UPS it will work when the power goes out.....
That is the same thing......
If you owned a modern laptop or tablet you would also know that it comes with a rechargeable battery as do most phones.....
Does that battery work???
I could if necessary put together a spread sheeet that could do it under a gig. Of course I would just gen up a program in SQL that would do it just as quick and have a far smaller footprint.

As for plugging a computer into a UPS, how long will it work. The average UPS is only intended to allow you to shut the computer down not continue working.

And yes, I know most laptops and phones come with recharagable batteries that are removable so that you can switch a drained battery with a fully charged one. Yet, you could walk into a shop in the third world and buy AA batteries. You may not be able to find a charger for your phone or laptop.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#984
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And again you show how ignorant you are........
I am far from a alarmist and if you would read before you posted you would see that I have exposed more wrong doings with the warmers than you will ever do......
But you are so ignorant that you thinks anyone that understands solar would also believe fat gore and his lies.........
How did you like the solar water heaters that work below ZERO and still produce hot water like you said could not happen???????
You mean why would I think that anyone who forgot that water freezes when the temperatures fall below thirty and those solar hot water heaters are blanketed in snow would believe Al Gore.
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#985
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean why would I think that anyone who forgot that water freezes when the temperatures fall below thirty and those solar hot water heaters are blanketed in snow would believe Al Gore.
There you have it folks the LESS THAN BOX OF ROCKS dosen't know when water freezes. Water freezes above 30 Deg. See why you need to go back to school and start at Pre K level.
Here Is One

Uruapan, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#986
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>I can not really say since I have never driven any car that fast. Then again, how many roads in the US have a speed limit over a hundred MPH. On the other hand it seems to handle 65 MPH just fine. And guess what, I saw a VW towing a small boat yesterday. I wished I could of whipped out my phone faster so I could of gotton a picture. Then again I saw someone moving boats and campers around with a lawn tractor. So it should not be that surprising that a VW could do it as well.
At least this time you admitted that you are ignorant about a subject

Why do you spout off if you know you are ignorant about a subject?
Here Is One

Uruapan, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#987
Aug 11, 2012
 
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>I could if necessary put together a spread sheeet that could do it under a gig. Of course I would just gen up a program in SQL that would do it just as quick and have a far smaller footprint.

As for plugging a computer into a UPS, how long will it work. The average UPS is only intended to allow you to shut the computer down not continue working.

And yes, I know most laptops and phones come with recharagable batteries that are removable so that you can switch a drained battery with a fully charged one. Yet, you could walk into a shop in the third world and buy AA batteries. You may not be able to find a charger for your phone or laptop.
200 columns and a 100 rows all with photos ..........ROTFLMAO

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Uruapan, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#988
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>I could if necessary put together a spread sheeet that could do it under a gig. Of course I would just gen up a program in SQL that would do it just as quick and have a far smaller footprint.

As for plugging a computer into a UPS, how long will it work. The average UPS is only intended to allow you to shut the computer down not continue working.

And yes, I know most laptops and phones come with recharagable batteries that are removable so that you can switch a drained battery with a fully charged one. Yet, you could walk into a shop in the third world and buy AA batteries. You may not be able to find a charger for your phone or laptop.
again
My ups in my office will run my servers an desktops for days
My whole house runs on a ups here because of the power fluctuations

Once again you show how ignorant you are
What I was talking about is a extra battery that you just plug in

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Uruapan, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#989
Aug 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>You mean why would I think that anyone who forgot that water freezes when the temperatures fall below thirty and those solar hot water heaters are blanketed in snow would believe Al Gore.
There are thousands of them in Alaska alone but someone like you would not know what a evac system is or how insulation and triple pane windows work

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Uruapan, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#990
Aug 11, 2012
 
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>There you have it folks the LESS THAN BOX OF ROCKS dosen't know when water freezes. Water freezes above 30 Deg. See why you need to go back to school and start at Pre K level.
have you ever meet a dumber person that just keeps opening there mouth and cramming in all four hooves??!
PHD

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#991
Aug 12, 2012
 
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever meet a dumber person that just keeps opening there mouth and cramming in all four hooves??!
Ah no never. See why itís a Less than a Box of Rocks. I made a mistake and called it a box of rocks but a box of rocks does have a purpose. See why itís Less than a Box of Rocks.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#992
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
At least this time you admitted that you are ignorant about a subject
Why do you spout off if you know you are ignorant about a subject?
Of driving twice the speed limit, yes. But feel free to tell the next law enforement officer you meet that you were going 145 mph on public roads.

And I have not spouted off about speeding. If you think I have then please provide the proof about the speeding claim.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#993
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
200 columns and a 100 rows all with photos ..........ROTFLMAO
Using a spread sheet for tracking photos instead of a database is something a expert would not do.

You really should hire someone who knows what they are doing to help you out. They could write you a program that would be on tenth of the size, twice as fast, and far easier to use.

It also explains how you could get the ROI so wrong. Your solution is like trying to use a screwdriver to tighten a nut.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#994
Aug 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
again
My ups in my office will run my servers an desktops for days
My whole house runs on a ups here because of the power fluctuations
Once again you show how ignorant you are
What I was talking about is a extra battery that you just plug in
Of course you have power fluctuations. You have solar power and need something to compensate for all the power fluctuations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 941 - 960 of1,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••