Alabama law leaves immigrants on edge

Feb 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBIR-TV

When Alabama's immigration law went into effect in September, it sent shock waves throughout Hispanic communities within the state.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of97
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
G l o r i A

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> It is in the article, you didn't read the article?
Backpedaling or tap dancing, vato?
Moliner

El Centro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Bazinga wrote:
Funny nobody mention the big elephant in the room. This law is costing $10.800'000.000,oo a year to Alabamans. Woooooow.
Can't say much for your reading comprehension there, Skippy.

The article says it "could cost" the state $10 Billion.

The 80,000 illegals that live and work in the state suck more taxpayer services than they pay for in taxes.

Arizona's bill for defending their immigration bill is only slightly more than $2 Million. If the Supreme Court rules for Arizona, Alabama will be home free on their law.

And lastly, since the law was passed here, Alabama's unemployment rate has nosedived below the national average. Americans are jumping into the jobs the illegals left.

How's that "Woooooow" ya'?

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> You may not consider the University of Alabama a non partisan resource?
Unless you just slipped under the fence in the last month,you can't possibly be too dense to know that universities are classic bastions of liberalism.
Foreign students paying full out-of-state tuition are cash cows for universities,so understandably any alteration in immigration laws make the denizens of the ivory towers nervous.
Bazinga

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

1

Moliner wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't say much for your reading comprehension there, Skippy.
The article says it "could cost" the state $10 Billion.
The 80,000 illegals that live and work in the state suck more taxpayer services than they pay for in taxes.
Arizona's bill for defending their immigration bill is only slightly more than $2 Million. If the Supreme Court rules for Arizona, Alabama will be home free on their law.
And lastly, since the law was passed here, Alabama's unemployment rate has nosedived below the national average. Americans are jumping into the jobs the illegals left.
How's that "Woooooow" ya'?
And you think i have a comprehension problem? Of course the report sayys "could cost". This is a proyection, the law has not been in application for a year yet. My dear lord!!!!!!!!!! Bwesides i guess (and i am only guessing) that this amount include the cost of services to undocumented immigrants. I really doubt that 120,000 undocumented immigrants in Alabama could cost 10 billion.
Bazinga

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

copperpossum wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you just slipped under the fence in the last month,you can't possibly be too dense to know that universities are classic bastions of liberalism.
Foreign students paying full out-of-state tuition are cash cows for universities,so understandably any alteration in immigration laws make the denizens of the ivory towers nervous.
Of course, the Uuniveersities report have not validity. The only reports with any value are those from Fair, numbeerusa y cis.
G l o r i A

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, the Uuniveersities report have not validity. The only reports with any value are those from Fair, numbeerusa y cis.
Do you have legal doucments to be in the USA? Yes or No?
G l o r i A

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> And you think i have a comprehension problem? Of course the report sayys "could cost". This is a proyection, the law has not been in application for a year yet. My dear lord!!!!!!!!!! Bwesides i guess (and i am only guessing) that this amount include the cost of services to undocumented immigrants. I really doubt that 120,000 undocumented immigrants in Alabama could cost 10 billion.
YOu confuse opinions with facts, vato!
Moliner

El Centro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> And you think i have a comprehension problem? Of course the report sayys "could cost". This is a proyection, the law has not been in application for a year yet. My dear lord!!!!!!!!!! Bwesides i guess (and i am only guessing) that this amount include the cost of services to undocumented immigrants. I really doubt that 120,000 undocumented immigrants in Alabama could cost 10 billion.
If you paid for that ESL course, you should demand your money back.
magadala

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> It is in the article, you didn't read the article?
Yes, I did read the article. I just wrote this one off as another pro illegal alien argument, not from an objective source.

There has, as far as I know, been NOT ONE state/city/community that has been devastated because illegal aliens have left. Let me qualify that, everything continues with business as usualwith the exception of mexican businesses.

Places like AL have experienced a severe decrease in unemployment of citizens. This means people are being paid more, therefore, more money available to spend as opposed to illegal aliens who earn submiminal wages,gives remittances to mexico, and lives here on what's left...and still scam us for welfare!
Facts R Fun

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 22, 2012
 
magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did read the article. I just wrote this one off as another pro illegal alien argument, not from an objective source.
There has, as far as I know, been NOT ONE state/city/community that has been devastated because illegal aliens have left. Let me qualify that, everything continues with business as usualwith the exception of mexican businesses.
Places like AL have experienced a severe decrease in unemployment of citizens. This means people are being paid more, therefore, more money available to spend as opposed to illegal aliens who earn submiminal wages,gives remittances to mexico, and lives here on what's left...and still scam us for welfare!
Apparently your post made too much sense for him/her to reply? lol
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> You may not consider the University of Alabama a non partisan resource?
Actually, I read the study you're referring to. It's as full of holes as swiss cheese. Most of the 'assumptions' made are admitted, then glossed over as if they didn't exist, when it came time to do the calculations.

The reality is, nobody knows the *true* impact of the laws yet, but liberals fear they'll be helpful, so they're fighting them tooth and nail. Liberals are deathly fearful of quantification on this issue, as they know that once people see the numbers, a $hitstorm will ensue.
Bazinga

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did read the article. I just wrote this one off as another pro illegal alien argument, not from an objective source.
There has, as far as I know, been NOT ONE state/city/community that has been devastated because illegal aliens have left. Let me qualify that, everything continues with business as usualwith the exception of mexican businesses.
Places like AL have experienced a severe decrease in unemployment of citizens. This means people are being paid more, therefore, more money available to spend as opposed to illegal aliens who earn submiminal wages,gives remittances to mexico, and lives here on what's left...and still scam us for welfare!
Of courrse, the University of Alabama is a pro illegal, not objective source, right? I am pretty sure that in your mind hate groups liike Fair or numberusa are reliiable sources? Do some research about Postville, a broken city after hispanics (documented or not) left after the 2005 raids.
Bazinga

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Free is free wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I read the study you're referring to. It's as full of holes as swiss cheese. Most of the 'assumptions' made are admitted, then glossed over as if they didn't exist, when it came time to do the calculations.
The reality is, nobody knows the *true* impact of the laws yet, but liberals fear they'll be helpful, so they're fighting them tooth and nail. Liberals are deathly fearful of quantification on this issue, as they know that once people see the numbers, a $hitstorm will ensue.
i have not read it, but I wiill and I will get back to you with my comments.
Fernando

Lima, Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Michael shabani es un abogado de immigracion que reside en Alabama http://michaelshabani.com/
G l o r i A

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> Of courrse, the University of Alabama is a pro illegal, not objective source, right? I am pretty sure that in your mind hate groups liike Fair or numberusa are reliiable sources? Do some research about Postville, a broken city after hispanics (documented or not) left after the 2005 raids.
2005?

How is Pottsville doing in 2012?

What is their crime rate without the "Hispanics?"
CNBC Postville

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> Of courrse, the University of Alabama is a pro illegal, not objective source, right? I am pretty sure that in your mind hate groups liike Fair or numberusa are reliiable sources? Do some research about Postville, a broken city after hispanics (documented or not) left after the 2005 raids.
Seems to me it's YOU who's confused. Postville, IA wasn't raided in 2005. Anyone supporting what was going on in Postville, IA clearly supports children having been raped, people living in conditions not suitable for chickens, a city council only named as it's law, the CEO of Agriprocessors with $20 grand and his children's passports hidden in his closet, financial fraud, etc. Look for a CNBC documentary on Postville, where Federal Agents were interviewed if you want to know the truth or live in your fantasy world!
Bazinga

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CNBC Postville wrote:
<quoted text> Seems to me it's YOU who's confused. Postville, IA wasn't raided in 2005. Anyone supporting what was going on in Postville, IA clearly supports children having been raped, people living in conditions not suitable for chickens, a city council only named as it's law, the CEO of Agriprocessors with $20 grand and his children's passports hidden in his closet, financial fraud, etc. Look for a CNBC documentary on Postville, where Federal Agents were interviewed if you want to know the truth or live in your fantasy world!
You are right, it happened in 2008, myy memory just failed me. Agreeing with you that there were many crimes and irregularities in that company, it doesn't change the final results. The company declared bankrupty after all the legal problems they had. In the meantime, they try with Americans workers from Minnesota first, they quit, then they brought somalie refugees, they quit. A litlle while later the.com pany opened with a diferent name and administration, and rhey are operating at their minimum capacity because the lack of workers. A couple years ago, the council asked President Obama to declare Postville an economic emergency area. Again, agreeing with you that undocumented workers where not the only problem this company had, once the legal problems were resolved, the new company can't operate properly because half of the popultion (hispanics) left the city and there are not enough hard workers to do the job. Btw, after the raids, the salaries went up, and still the new workers quit.
CNBC Postville

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 22, 2012
 
It wasn't just Hispanics in Postville.
G l o r i A

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CNBC Postville wrote:
It wasn't just Hispanics in Postville.
Bazinga is very ethnic centered. In his dream world only "Hispanics" exist.
G l o r i A

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text> You are right, it happened in 2008, myy memory just failed me. Agreeing with you that there were many crimes and irregularities in that company, it doesn't change the final results. The company declared bankrupty after all the legal problems they had. In the meantime, they try with Americans workers from Minnesota first, they quit, then they brought somalie refugees, they quit. A litlle while later the.com pany opened with a diferent name and administration, and rhey are operating at their minimum capacity because the lack of workers. A couple years ago, the council asked President Obama to declare Postville an economic emergency area. Again, agreeing with you that undocumented workers where not the only problem this company had, once the legal problems were resolved, the new company can't operate properly because half of the popultion (hispanics) left the city and there are not enough hard workers to do the job. Btw, after the raids, the salaries went up, and still the new workers quit.
If "Hispanics" are such "hard workers," why is Mexico a model of a failed nation?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of97
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••