PREP FOOTBALL: Alleged hazing rocks St. Paul

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

St. Paul High School principal Kate Aceves suspended the varsity football coaching staff Thursday, and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles launched an investigation Friday into an alleged hazing incident involving players at the school last weekend.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2012
todd marinovichs ghost

Morro Bay, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 21, 2010
 
I wish the archdiocese was this stringent when investigating its pedophile priest- a lot of whom have resided at the parish house on the st. paul campus. Sylvester Ryan use to keep that under the covers back in the day! but instead the morons at the diocese want to punish a few seniors- for throwing some wet towels around- unreal
Sofa King Smart

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 21, 2010
 
todd marinovichs ghost wrote:
I wish the archdiocese was this stringent when investigating its pedophile priest- a lot of whom have resided at the parish house on the st. paul campus. Sylvester Ryan use to keep that under the covers back in the day! but instead the morons at the diocese want to punish a few seniors- for throwing some wet towels around- unreal
Wanna buy some Quaaludes Todd?
Former Swordsman

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 22, 2010
 
This stuff has been going on for YEARS at St. Paul. They just happened to get caught this time.
Amat Parent

Lakewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 22, 2010
 
This is the exact reason I sent my son to Amat. Plus I love our pre-game drinking party! Go Lancers!
ANCICH SUPPORTER

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 23, 2010
 
THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL! WOOS!!!
I Heart Amat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 23, 2010
 
Amat Parent wrote:
This is the exact reason I sent my son to Amat. Plus I love our pre-game drinking party! Go Lancers!
Me too! I love getting plastered with all my alumni who never moved out of the area because we love La Puente! Then we stumble over to the In N Out truck and slap hands with all the other folks who can't afford to send the children to a more respectable school like Loyola or Servite. You see, if the tuition was lower at St. Paul, I could afford to send my child there. Fortunately, i make enough to not have to send them to Cantwell. But since I was never really ambitious enough, I can't send my child to those more expensive schools and get to party with my lower middle-class folk at Amat!
Go Lancers!
Allways a Swordsman

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 23, 2010
 
I Heart Amat wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! I love getting plastered with all my alumni who never moved out of the area because we love La Puente! Then we stumble over to the In N Out truck and slap hands with all the other folks who can't afford to send the children to a more respectable school like Loyola or Servite. You see, if the tuition was lower at St. Paul, I could afford to send my child there. Fortunately, i make enough to not have to send them to Cantwell. But since I was never really ambitious enough, I can't send my child to those more expensive schools and get to party with my lower middle-class folk at Amat!
Go Lancers!
Obviously a St. Paul parent or alumni that can't stand the sight of seeing St. Paul go down the tubes.
I Heart Amat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 23, 2010
 
I don't have a vested interest in either one. I just want to make sure you guys stay true to history and come on here flinging mud on yourselves while the rest of the general public sit back and watch how all the catholic schools are a "United Front" and slander each other. You guys make some great entertainment. Everyone will prove me right by coming on here and slamming each other from their respective schools.... Watch...
Sofa King Smart

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 23, 2010
 
I say, you Mackerel snappers act as if there's a difference between your cultic schools. You chumps should come correct and free yourselves from your Papist chains. Oh, only a fool would "love" La Poo!
Chiefs

Garden Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 23, 2010
 
I Heart Amat wrote:
I don't have a vested interest in either one. I just want to make sure you guys stay true to history and come on here flinging mud on yourselves while the rest of the general public sit back and watch how all the catholic schools are a "United Front" and slander each other. You guys make some great entertainment. Everyone will prove me right by coming on here and slamming each other from their respective schools.... Watch...
Well, I don't see any of that. I have friends that have gone to St. Paul, St. John Bosco, and Damien. All are respectable schools and aside from sports rivalries there is no attempt to attack the reputations of Catholic schools by other Catholic schools.
isjaojsfoa

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 23, 2010
 
you know its funny! you parents think its just at st. paul, its every where!! its a part of a sport and just because your kids don't tell you about them doesn't mean it isn't happening. I've heard stories from you lancer people as well. so good luck with that!
Ouch

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 23, 2010
 
Why u crying?
Piratefan-the Real SP

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 23, 2010
 
There is no time or reason for HAZING of any kind!!!! The coaches'are responsible for supervision PERIOD!!!! Wasn't sp 3&7 last year??? There is way more teaching that needs to be done and if the kids have that much energy to screw around they need more PT!
Papa John

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 27, 2010
 
Father McFeelie caught with smoking stink finger in St. Paul Prostate Caper. Reassignment to St. Cornholio's Parish of West Hollywood is imminent
Salt and Pepper

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 2, 2010
 
I Heart Amat wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! I love getting plastered with all my alumni who never moved out of the area because we love La Puente! Then we stumble over to the In N Out truck and slap hands with all the other folks who can't afford to send the children to a more respectable school like Loyola or Servite. You see, if the tuition was lower at St. Paul, I could afford to send my child there. Fortunately, i make enough to not have to send them to Cantwell. But since I was never really ambitious enough, I can't send my child to those more expensive schools and get to party with my lower middle-class folk at Amat!
Go Lancers!
Sounds like all of you are a bunch of drunks! And are proud of it. Cantwell is not a football school but you do get a good education out of it. My brother is a graduate from Cantwell and is now in law school. So your point is? Again there are better things in life than high school sports and slamming other schools. You must of not been privileged to attend a private school. And you as an adult should get your head out of the gutter and try and teach your kids how to respect others and how not to be a drunk like you. That is sad!!! Maybe if you stop blowing your money on garbage you would have enough to send your kids to a better school. DRUNK!!!!
Salt and Pepper

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 2, 2010
 
isjaojsfoa wrote:
you know its funny! you parents think its just at st. paul, its every where!! its a part of a sport and just because your kids don't tell you about them doesn't mean it isn't happening. I've heard stories from you lancer people as well. so good luck with that!
I have heard stories too, sounds like the lancer dads seem to only care about getting drunk and acting stupid, what example are they showing there kids, hey lets get drunk at a high school football game.
you just never know

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 10, 2010
 
I'm glas St. Paul finally got busted. What they were doing was disgusting. It was not a simple swat, it was an act referred to "tea bagging". St. Paul sports in general are bad sports and full of cheap shots. Yes, people get drunk at Amat, but they also get drunk at St. Paul, Servite, Mater Dei, etc.

I want to know why the news of the prior St. Paul principal, Lori Barr, escaped the media hounds. She got caught stealing money from the school.

St. Paul is nothing but a ghetto high school, why do you thing the enrollment is only 600. Dont say economy, Amat enrollment is well over 1200 and its in the ghetto too.
sweet karma

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 27, 2012
 
Lori Barr is now a convicted theef. She plead guilty to stealing almost $65,000 from SPHS from July 2008 to May 2010. The entire time she was there she was stealing. The judge felt sorry for her because she told him that she was a single mom who needed to provide necessities for her kids. She also told him that she was remorseful and turned herself in because she couldn't live with the guilt. All lies. She wants to do community service and not go to jail. Don't criminals go to jail? Judge said she needs to keep her teaching credential because she is a good teacher. Does any of this make sense? A white woman who steals $65,000 to buy luxury items, has a degree, and pays its back, then lies about why she stole and how she got caught. She gets off with a misdemanor and gets to keep her credential. Does this have to do with behind the scenes scandals with the church. Something is not right that she got a deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sports Etc. Discussions

Search the Sports Etc. Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hanks hires boys basketball coach (Aug '09) 18 hr bonkers 54
I-Team Special Report: Who Owns Baker Lane? Jul 25 sorry for shameful people 7
Preppers double up Wreckers Jul 25 Dollar General rules 2
Less tailgating, more cops for country music sh... Jul 24 Da Old Fool trolls on 4
20 Years Later, It's Still the O.J. Show Jul 23 molodye 1
Want to play soccer in Canada ?? (Jun '08) Jul 22 joe vega 189
Gomez honored by hometown, signs pro contract Jul 22 erica g 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••