Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins at Michigan, snaps 143-race skid

Jun 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: USA Today

Earnhardt rallied from a pit stop on lap 11 that dropped his No. 88 Chevrolet to 37th.

Comments
21 - 40 of 172 Comments Last updated Jul 4, 2012
smoke fan

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, Jr. pulled away from Tony. But, to date, Tony has won championships and more races compared to Jr.
the cars got out of Jr's way when he was coming, but they gave Tony more of a fight. Ton griped about that so I would say that is why Jr opened up his lead.
smoke fan

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

LooksLikeMe wrote:
In April at Richmond, Jimmie Johnson came to pit road & was penalized for a tire violation on his pit stop. One of his crewmen rolled an unattended tire toward the pit wall. Johnson had to restart from the tail end of the field. At Michigan this past Sunday, during Dale Earnhardt, Jr's lap 154 pit stop, a crew member rolled a tire from the right front corner of Jr's car unattended to the wall. No violation was called. I saw this while seated in the grandstand in plain view of Jr's pit. The first thing I did after returning from MIS was search the DVR recording of the race to confirm my suspicions. No doubt about it. Anyone in doubt, check a recording of the race.
in all honesty, the ONLY reason Jimmie had to pay that penalty was because Menards team saw it and made SURE the official penalized them, they would have gotten away with it if it had not been for Menards team. THIS is why NASCAR is a joke.
smoke fan

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

AND another reason NASCAR is a joke is that today the radio talking heads who care more about ratings than if a race is good are saying this is so good for NASCAR that Jr finally won... why is it good if jr wins but they can find invisible debris when they think Tony should not get yet another win as early as Richmond of this year>?? NASCAR needs to QUIT manipulating races.. entirely... it is absurd that they make calls to favor some teams and to hurt other teams for ANY REASON..
today the idiots on radio are bad mouthing Tony for what he said about it being a national holiday yesterday... they do not realize it is THEY that Tony jabs with such comments... How does Jr feel when it is treated like a national holiday, a MIRACLE, when he finally wins due to his greedy creep teamate being put to the back for an engine??? ALLLLLLL hendrick has oto do is quit letting Chad CHEAT... then all the rest of the drivers would get plenty of WINS.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

smoke fan wrote:
<quoted text>the cars got out of Jr's way when he was coming, but they gave Tony more of a fight. Ton griped about that so I would say that is why Jr opened up his lead.
Tony knows it's a fraud, but like Dale Sr did towards the end, he sold his integrity to NASCAR and joined the big scam for the big bucks.
Yawn

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

OK... So Earnhardt doesn't win a race in 4 years and it's OK. If Danika Patrick doesn't win it's "Stupid b*tch BIMBO can't drive worth a sh*t!". At least she's good looking when she's not winning.

“Psalms 51”

Since: Jun 12

Maggie Valley NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

95 Thunderbird wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats to little Dale for winning once every four years. good job.
Jr. has sure been showing those Fords who has been the fastest for the past few years, hasn't he. By the way a Ford was the fastest during qualifying and I believe little Dale wasn't driving it.
Yep, its bad those Fords werent fastest at the checked flag where it counts the most. Better luck next time 95 Thunderbird, Fords are having a good run this season, good luck to Kenseth and Biffle, clearly the class of the Fords this year!!

“Psalms 51”

Maggie Valley NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

smoke fan wrote:
<quoted text>the cars got out of Jr's way when he was coming, but they gave Tony more of a fight. Ton griped about that so I would say that is why Jr opened up his lead.
What a whiney butt you and Smoke are. Jr was 5 seconds ahead of Smoke at the finish because Jr had a much faster and better setup car than Smoke. But in your blindness you cant see that you just want to make excuses for Smokes ineptness and bash Jr and his team. Always something to take away from anything Jr does thats positive. Tony gripes about anything and everything, NASCARs biggest cry baby is Smoke!!

“Psalms 51”

Maggie Valley NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

WWE CRASHCAR 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony knows it's a fraud, but like Dale Sr did towards the end, he sold his integrity to NASCAR and joined the big scam for the big bucks.
So opinionated and so biased. If you dont like NASCAR why do you even bother to watch or comment?? Just a lil ol crybaby lookin for anything and everything to cry about. Typical comment from anyone who doesnt like Jr or the Earnhardt name. A fraud??? LOL, you guys are so pathetic, its just stockcar racing, calm down and open your eyes and see reality. No need to make stuff up and make yourself look unintelligent post after post!!!
Carolyn

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Uncle John Duckett wrote:
<quoted text>What a whiney butt you and Smoke are. Jr was 5 seconds ahead of Smoke at the finish because Jr had a much faster and better setup car than Smoke. But in your blindness you cant see that you just want to make excuses for Smokes ineptness and bash Jr and his team. Always something to take away from anything Jr does thats positive. Tony gripes about anything and everything, NASCARs biggest cry baby is Smoke!!
Might be a cry baby, but a hell of a lot better racer. You can't tell me if Tony had been leading that a caution would have been called for a booger on the track.
smoke fan

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

<quoted text>What a whiney butt you and Smoke are. Jr was 5 seconds ahead of Smoke at the finish because Jr had a much faster and better setup car than Smoke. But in your blindness you cant see that you just want to make excuses for Smokes ineptness and bash Jr and his team. Always something to take away from anything Jr does thats positive. Tony gripes about anything and everything, NASCARs biggest cry baby is Smoke!!
ironically, Tony is one of Jr best friends.. so.. I am sure BOTH of them laugh together at how the media has fans hoping and waiting for jr to be given the opportunity to win.. as I have said.. IF Rick Hendrick did not sign Jr and then give him CRAP for a team, JR would have been sucessful anywhere else.. Rick Hendrick sucked the life out of Jr.. all you Jr fans should HATE that Jr drives for that vampire, the CHEATING scum bag vampire. but no... you want to be mad at the only driver who tells the TRUTH about the spectacle of NASCAR
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text> So opinionated and so biased. If you dont like NASCAR why do you even bother to watch or comment?? Just a lil ol crybaby lookin for anything and everything to cry about. Typical comment from anyone who doesnt like Jr or the Earnhardt name. A fraud??? LOL, you guys are so pathetic, its just stockcar racing, calm down and open your eyes and see reality. No need to make stuff up and make yourself look unintelligent post after post!!!
Are you related to Sam Drucker?
smoke fan

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

I, as Tony, was waiting for june bug to run out of GAS.. as his teamate Jimmie did and Jr pitted the lap after Jimmie along with Smoke who if Jr ran out of gas, which he was so worried about a few weeks ago that he gave up great track position, would have won the race...
How did the guy mashing the gas pedal NOT run out of gas??? interesting question.. my guess is that Rick Hendrick got NASCAR to let Jr have a modified fuel tank... since Jr should have needed a caution to not run DRY...
But AGAIN... I am NOT a Jr hater... but when his fans come on here and badmouth his best friend Smoke... they cause me to bring up a few FACTS.
How do I WISH to GOD that Rick Hendrick would tell chad to stop cheating??? and actually let some of his other drivers have a shot at winning????> that is my biggest wish in all the world... Rick Hendrick,, do the "sport" of NASCAR a FAVOR and pull the cheaters in and tell them... "guys,, you are only average without cheating and I am not paying NASCAR for any more favors.. so,,, Jimmie,, in traffic,, you can cause spectacular crashes to entertain the fans because your spotter gets no more walking around money to pay off all the competition to let you go by... the gig is UP"
smoke fan

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

<quoted text> So opinionated and so biased. If you dont like NASCAR why do you even bother to watch or comment?? Just a lil ol crybaby lookin for anything and everything to cry about. Typical comment from anyone who doesnt like Jr or the Earnhardt name. A fraud??? LOL, you guys are so pathetic, its just stockcar racing, calm down and open your eyes and see reality. No need to make stuff up and make yourself look unintelligent post after post!!!
so, you honestly believe that jimmie has been a champ for 5 of the last 6 years???? do you sell moonshine?
izzie

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

I love Dale Jr and his way with the media, he's not fake or fancy, he's just generally a nice guy. I wish all driver's could see that its not that hard to just answer a few questions. If Jr who is scrutinized more than any other driver can do it... so can everyone else. Just a thought...

“Psalms 51”

Maggie Valley NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>Might be a cry baby, but a hell of a lot better racer. You can't tell me if Tony had been leading that a caution would have been called for a booger on the track.
Smokes resume does indicate he is a better racer than Jr. Smoke is the present NASCAR champ and that alone makes him the best right now. I have the utmost respect for Smoke and his accomplishments. He has done very well being the owner and operator of his own team and has had a great career in many different venues of racing. And no, your right, I cant tell you that a caution would have been thrown if there was a booger on the track while Smoke was leading, I do not posess a crystal ball like others on this forum. I wish he had got a caution while he was leading then you or him wouldnt have nothing to whine about at this point. Point being, we can dream up every scenerio as to why or why not our favorite driver didnt win, but the fact remains that Jr simply had the better car Sunday and it won the race. As anytime Jr will win a race or have positive results there is going to be every reason imagined as to why another driver was dissed in any way to allow Jr to win or have success. Strangely, this is Jrs first win in a longtime so somebodys plans to have him in Victory Lane has not been working as you biased folks dream up. Jr was due a win and got it, cant you dissers just say congratulations or good job and let it go at that?? Why all the biased opinions, and thats all they are, opinions, I have never seen any evidence to prove otherwise, just vain babbling from disgruntled fans cause the driver they like didnt win.
smoke fan

Dundalk, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

what a lovely discussion we are having. I appreciate that Jr raced his tail off and that is very commendable and I hope from here on out, no matter who is in the lead, there are ZERO phantom debris cautions for any of them in the last 50 laps... only REAL cautions for wrecks or cars losing power, that sort of thing.. no more PHANTOM DEBRIS!!! but... I do hope that no matter who wins next week, you people who came here to have a discussion about racing will return because we Tony fans LOVE to discuss racing.
thank you for a grown up discussion.
and congratulations June Bug!!!! Hope YOU get all the rest of HMS' WINS!

“Psalms 51”

Maggie Valley NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

smoke fan wrote:
<quoted text>so, you honestly believe that jimmie has been a champ for 5 of the last 6 years???? do you sell moonshine?
Nope, dont drink or do drugs except what the VA gives me for a couple minor ailments. And yes, JJ was the champ 5 times before Smoke won it out of a tie from Carl cause Smoke had more wins. I was glad to see Smoke win it cause I detest Ford and their product.And still scratch my head as to why Toyota is even represented in stockcar racing. Dodge is ok just not my favorite. Chevy man here all the way, so if a Chevrolet is in victory lane, its a win for me no matter who the driver is. I know thats pretty old school train of thought but thats how it is with me personally. Im proud Smoke drives a Chevy!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>A small fact you missed, Brianiac. Being fast in practice and qualifying doesn't win the race. Being fast in the race, wins the race and Jr. was FAST in the race. DROVE BY all those fast fords and won the race, which is the objective of being there.
Thank you!!! Glad I read all before I responded. I was gonna say almost the same thing...

“Psalms 51”

Maggie Valley NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

smoke fan wrote:
I, as Tony, was waiting for june bug to run out of GAS.. as his teamate Jimmie did and Jr pitted the lap after Jimmie along with Smoke who if Jr ran out of gas, which he was so worried about a few weeks ago that he gave up great track position, would have won the race...
How did the guy mashing the gas pedal NOT run out of gas??? interesting question.. my guess is that Rick Hendrick got NASCAR to let Jr have a modified fuel tank... since Jr should have needed a caution to not run DRY...
But AGAIN... I am NOT a Jr hater... but when his fans come on here and badmouth his best friend Smoke... they cause me to bring up a few FACTS.
How do I WISH to GOD that Rick Hendrick would tell chad to stop cheating??? and actually let some of his other drivers have a shot at winning????> that is my biggest wish in all the world... Rick Hendrick,, do the "sport" of NASCAR a FAVOR and pull the cheaters in and tell them... "guys,, you are only average without cheating and I am not paying NASCAR for any more favors.. so,,, Jimmie,, in traffic,, you can cause spectacular crashes to entertain the fans because your spotter gets no more walking around money to pay off all the competition to let you go by... the gig is UP"
A modified fuel cell????? Cmon smoke fan, you know better than that, Jr won the race outright and you know it. No tricks or special treatment from NASCAR or Mr Hendrick. This type of posting is what aggravates me the most, pure speculation on your part and not FACTS at all. Cmon man, be real!!!
smoke fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

<quoted text>A modified fuel cell????? Cmon smoke fan, you know better than that, Jr won the race outright and you know it. No tricks or special treatment from NASCAR or Mr Hendrick. This type of posting is what aggravates me the most, pure speculation on your part and not FACTS at all. Cmon man, be real!!!
why did he not run out of gas when his lead stretched out to 5 seconds?? just saying.
. Jimmie said HE ran out of gas and everyone saw that he was actually going backwards there......
but.. I am glad he finally won and I honestly HOPE HE gets all the rest of the HMS wins forever from here on out!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••