Grainger man faces charges in fatal DUI crash

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Knoxville News Sentinel 104

A 41-year-old Rutledge man will be arraigned Thursday on several charges, including vehicular homicide, after a Tuesday crash that killed one person in Grainger County.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2012
this is sad
TheQueen

AOL

#2 Apr 26, 2012
What is really sad about this is that there is property destruction and a life lost, and there is likely no insurance coverage to compensate for either the property damage or to compensate the family of the dead man.
Both names in the report sounded hispanic, and it is common for illegal aliens (if they are) to drive without licenses or insurance. I don't know if this is the case here, but I've been involved in an accident where the other driver was hispanic, and they just drove away.
The officer who came to the wreck said that they were probably without license and insurance, and likely had substances in their truck or in themselves, so they didn't want to be there when the police showed up.
It is the law in the state of Tennessee that all drivers of motor vehicles have insurance, but is common in this county (and likely others) for people to drive for years without insurance.
If you're a property owner, you realise the importance of being protected from damage costs, should you be at fault or if you are found guilty of being at fault.
But if you're not a property owner or are not affluent, you have little to lose. Your license might be suspended, but otherwize, there's little penalty.
I see drivers every day that can not speak conversational English, so I'd say it's safe to assume that they cannot pass a driver's exam.
So they likely do not have a license to drive, thus they have no insurance coverage. If you get into an accident with these people, you're out of luck when it comes to collection for damages.
There are also American born, English speaking people who are in the same category, but they are not obvious.
It's sad that this man is dead, and it's sad that the man who he trusted with his life cut and run when he was injured or killed on the spot.
It's also sad to know that there is likely no consequences for the driver of the car.
Our legal system will likely only deport him back to Mexico (if that's where he's from, and he's illegal), and he'll likely beat the deportation officers back home.
Then he will drive again.
Michelle

Dandridge, TN

#3 Apr 26, 2012
How awful!
Grainger Mom

Atlanta, GA

#4 Apr 26, 2012
TheQueen wrote:
What is really sad about this is that there is property destruction and a life lost, and there is likely no insurance coverage to compensate for either the property damage or to compensate the family of the dead man.
Both names in the report sounded hispanic, and it is common for illegal aliens (if they are) to drive without licenses or insurance. I don't know if this is the case here, but I've been involved in an accident where the other driver was hispanic, and they just drove away.
The officer who came to the wreck said that they were probably without license and insurance, and likely had substances in their truck or in themselves, so they didn't want to be there when the police showed up.
It is the law in the state of Tennessee that all drivers of motor vehicles have insurance, but is common in this county (and likely others) for people to drive for years without insurance.
If you're a property owner, you realise the importance of being protected from damage costs, should you be at fault or if you are found guilty of being at fault.
But if you're not a property owner or are not affluent, you have little to lose. Your license might be suspended, but otherwize, there's little penalty.
I see drivers every day that can not speak conversational English, so I'd say it's safe to assume that they cannot pass a driver's exam.
So they likely do not have a license to drive, thus they have no insurance coverage. If you get into an accident with these people, you're out of luck when it comes to collection for damages.
There are also American born, English speaking people who are in the same category, but they are not obvious.
It's sad that this man is dead, and it's sad that the man who he trusted with his life cut and run when he was injured or killed on the spot.
It's also sad to know that there is likely no consequences for the driver of the car.
Our legal system will likely only deport him back to Mexico (if that's where he's from, and he's illegal), and he'll likely beat the deportation officers back home.
Normally I would agree with you completely but, in the article linked above, the name of the person charged in no way sounds Hispanic.
facts

Orlando, FL

#5 Apr 26, 2012
refering to what the queen stated above you do not have any facts. the one that was killed was a hispanic male and the alleged drunk driver was white in this case the hispanics was not at fault and it is sad that there was someone killed by another drunk driver dui kills and is one of the most irresponsible things a human can do just like in most cases the innocent person always suffers and the drunk goes uninjured
Stupid

Powell, TN

#6 Apr 26, 2012
TheQueen wrote:
Cool your heels! This time it was whitey that killed the innocent hispanic. Stop looking at race. It blinds you more than you can already afford!
achmed

United States

#7 Apr 26, 2012
Damn didn't know queen was a racist have to say that's a new side to her many personalities lmao how do you feel about sand coons :)
redneck

Rutledge, TN

#8 Apr 27, 2012
If they were not here illegal he would still be alive.
Mike

Kabul, Afghanistan

#9 Apr 27, 2012
This drunk loser was on his way to pick my daughter up from school. My X wife left me for this drunk while I have been working in Afghanistan. She did not like me not letting her drink because she has a problem. She just recieved a DUI with in the last month also. I will be heading home to take custody and save my little girls life!
Anonymous

Newport, TN

#10 Apr 27, 2012
I don't care if the one killed was illegal or not. NO ONE deserves to die especially at the hands of a drunk driver who didn't even stick around to see if anyone was hurt! He deserves every charge they can give him! May the gentleman killed rest in peace and God be with his family!
Newark, NJ

#11 Apr 28, 2012
Good for you mike sounds like your daughter needs you
redneck

Rutledge, TN

#12 Apr 28, 2012
yeah its said,that a illegal criminal,is the victim of a legal citizen unto proven guilty in our courts. so lets see....if he was not here illegal he would not be dead and there would not be any murder trial. hmmm..hope we dont waste alot tax paying money on this....
someone who knows

Powell, TN

#13 Apr 28, 2012
these guys had been working all day picking tomato's, mexican, legal or not these drunk driver's need to be stopped. and i know they were good ,decent ppl. it was a father and son.the man that hit them was a white man ,did'nt even stop to see if any one was hurt, this is a shame,he took a man's life and was placed on a $35000.00 bond.
Disgusted

Powell, TN

#14 Apr 28, 2012
redneck wrote:
yeah its said,that a illegal criminal,is the victim of a legal citizen unto proven guilty in our courts. so lets see....if he was not here illegal he would not be dead and there would not be any murder trial. hmmm..hope we dont waste alot tax paying money on this....
OMG! You are so SICK! Too bad you weren't the victim of this legal drunk driving citizen!!! This county would be a much better place without ignorant rednecks like you!
redneck

Rutledge, TN

#15 Apr 29, 2012
a illegal criminal,got killed by a drunk U.S. citizen,both are criminals,and the fact is that if the illegal criminal was not here he might be alive,but also the drunk guy could have hit someone else.Whats so sick about that?
Stupid

Powell, TN

#16 Apr 29, 2012
redneck wrote:
a illegal criminal,got killed by a drunk U.S. citizen,both are criminals,and the fact is that if the illegal criminal was not here he might be alive,but also the drunk guy could have hit someone else.Whats so sick about that?
If you've got proof he was illegal you can talk about it somewhere that it matters like at a ignorant redneck's anonymous meeting. No one deserves to be killed by a drunk driver. It was probably your friend that did it coming back from a meeting huh? Even if he was illegal, he had more of a right to be here than the drunk that risked countless lives driving drunk how many unknown times. I hope he gets a good lengthy sentence and you deserve to be handcuffed right next to him if you think this is justice you ignorant hillbilly.
redneck

Rutledge, TN

#17 Apr 29, 2012
I never said it was right or wrong,it is my opinion if he was not here illegal this man could be alive today,and the last time i looked freedom of speech is the first amendment,and the cops said the man and the other one driving were illegals,im sure the drunk will go to jail,but why would u have me handcuffed next to him,i dont get that one,i didnt do anything.
whaTEVER

Rutledge, TN

#18 Apr 29, 2012
O GOSH U NEED TO B CONCERED ON OTHER THINGS THEN BEING RACIST CANT WAIT TILL THE DAY COMES WHEN U PEOPLE HAVE TO PAY FOR JUDING OTHERES THERE A SOME VERY GOOD HISPANICS N BADS ONES THERE IS BAD AMERICAN N GOOD ONES THERE IS GOOD N BAD OF EVERY KIND SO DNT JUDGE THEM ]
Newark, NJ

#19 Apr 30, 2012
Any one know if the Drunk went to jail or is going to jail???
searching

Mount Juliet, TN

#20 Apr 30, 2012
These migrant workers are here to work, and be it legal or not when they come to this area they do work. Simply the white man today would rather sit on his ass than do an honest days work. Without these workers many farmers would be up the creek. You can hire white help and they never show up. You can't depend on them now days.. Sad Sad what a state our own nation has become. Basically a Lazy society. Sad But True

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward's Aunt Says Tony Stewart Grand Jury Put 'W... 6 min Hilton Head 97
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin For Life 27,924
FBI Raids Sommet Group In Cool Springs - NewsCh... (Jul '10) 10 hr ccainhood 1,328
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's tough fight again... 14 hr liberals are heros 2
Evan Mathis practices Wednesday: Eagles guard s... 14 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
a I am a Liberian, not a virus.a Campaign fight... 16 hr DangerousRiteWing... 1
Raiders confession 17 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 2

Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE