The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ArmchairGM

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Comments
45,681 - 45,700 of 49,265 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 14

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47097
Aug 18, 2012
 
My dark horse in the B1G conference this year is Northwestern. They beat Nebraska last year and are very good at driving other teams crazy.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47098
Aug 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

The DAWGS are coming!!!!!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47099
Aug 19, 2012
 
Fear the TIDE

Since: Aug 12

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47100
Aug 19, 2012
 
Sec rules
fightfan

Prospect, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47101
Aug 19, 2012
 
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I remember MSU 49-7 Boise is 1-4 vs SEC!!!!!!! We could see 7 natl champs in a row by the SEC!!!!!!!! never has been done... the best is 6 you guessed it
THE SEC....
Despite all the symbolic disciplinary actions throughout the newly aligned conferences, the SEC is still the only conference that remains “self-regulating.” That is, they discovered long ago that you only get caught and penalized if you turn yourself in and they aren’t going to do that. Then, they make fun of those teams that do. Hence Trent Richardson's mother
fightfan

Prospect, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47102
Aug 19, 2012
 
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I remember MSU 49-7 Boise is 1-4 vs SEC!!!!!!! We could see 7 natl champs in a row by the SEC!!!!!!!! never has been done... the best is 6 you guessed it
THE SEC....
Bcs. Lets not forget. lsu playing in there backyard for both. Scam Newton and both Alabama's with the Trent Richardson thing.
fightfan

Prospect, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47103
Aug 19, 2012
 
Did the new saftey there Landon Collins's girlfriend start her new job in Saban's staff yet?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47104
Aug 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

fightfan wrote:
Did the new saftey there Landon Collins's girlfriend start her new job in Saban's staff yet?
she's doing a hellva job!!!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47105
Aug 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

coolblue12000 wrote:
Sec rules
With the lack of wording after your comment, does that mean you are implying there are no rules in the SEC? Just asking fella :)

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47106
Aug 19, 2012
 
s.e.c.
No doubt about it
To win the PAC USC will have to beat an Oregon team that can't Find the word defense in a dictionary. And a rebuilt Stanford
Tide will have to beat LSU Arkansas Auburn South Carolina
And the dawgs....
UGA1......
About the opener
Bo Oliver and Khalil Mack will both play for pay
After that....it gets depressing....
See you at the opener....

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47107
Aug 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Defense wins games especially creating turn overs and scoring without the offense
Except when opponents play USC because we will be one of the most prolific scoring machines ever witnessed this coming season. With 5 to 6 first round players constantly touching the ball on offense this year, we will outscore everyone on our way to the National Championship!

USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO PLAY!

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47108
Aug 20, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Except when opponents play USC because we will be one of the most prolific scoring machines ever witnessed this coming season. With 5 to 6 first round players constantly touching the ball on offense this year, we will outscore everyone on our way to the National Championship!
USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO PLAY!
The point is USC is the only PAC team that would have a winning record if they were SEC
Half dozen SEC team would be able to win the PAC

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47109
Aug 20, 2012
 
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is USC is the only PAC team that would have a winning record if they were SEC
Half dozen SEC team would be able to win the PAC
You dont know that for sure. The media hypes the defense of the darling SEC so when they all play eachother with their lackluster offenses, no deficiencies are witnessed. The only proof would be head-to-head play. I guess that wont be realized until USC plays Alabama in the National Championship game. HaHa

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47110
Aug 20, 2012
 
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is USC is the only PAC team that would have a winning record if they were SEC
By the way, from Buffalo NY? Ouch, my condolences... Hey do they still have that great custard shop on the American side of the falls still?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47111
Aug 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is USC is the only PAC team that would have a winning record if they were SEC
Half dozen SEC team would be able to win the PAC
And if it accounts for anything, I bet we Bruins could take Vanderbuilt and not finish at the bottom of the SEC.

Go Bruins, continue to Play Fair!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47112
Aug 20, 2012
 
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is USC is the only PAC team that would have a winning record if they were SEC
Half dozen SEC team would be able to win the PAC
Who are those 6 teams, I can come up with 5 in a good year but can only come up with 4 this year. Now if the SEC is going to play those 4 patsy out of conference teams like most of them do and only have to win 3 games in conference, you're argument is probably correct from the SEC stand point but there are 4 PAC? teams that would have a winning record in the SEC easily this year and more if they would schedule the way the SEC does. You can of course disagree but it won't change the fact that you're wrong here.
bill

Snowflake, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47113
Aug 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO CHEAT!

Have a nice day, pal!

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47114
Aug 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, from Buffalo NY? Ouch, my condolences... Hey do they still have that great custard shop on the American side of the falls still?
Mr traveler cheap shots at Buffalos expense...
No imagination shown there......

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47115
Aug 20, 2012
 
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr traveler cheap shots at Buffalos expense...
No imagination shown there......
I see you are referring to those USC fans as Mister too? I guess for me, a life long UCLA Bruin, we finally have to give credit where do.

So what gives with the custerd talk? Is that anything like you calling yourself Buffalo and Custerd's last stand? I don't get it.

I guess we Bruins don't get out too much from our cushy Westwood neighborhood ;)

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47116
Aug 20, 2012
 

Judged:

1

BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are those 6 teams, I can come up with 5 in a good year but can only come up with 4 this year. Now if the SEC is going to play those 4 patsy out of conference teams like most of them do and only have to win 3 games in conference, you're argument is probably correct from the SEC stand point but there are 4 PAC? teams that would have a winning record in the SEC easily this year and more if they would schedule the way the SEC does. You can of course disagree but it won't change the fact that you're wrong here.
SEC plays four out of conference teams that are Patsy's
Is that a shot at Georgia for putting Buffalo on thier slate

Oregon has Tenn. Tech my alma mata might be favored there
Stanford bravely put San Jose and Duke on thier slate
California vs. So. Utah Utah vs. No. Colorado
Everyone has a cupcake or two

SEC teams that could take the PAC
Tide LSU Georgia The Hogs So.Carolina are gimmies
in a given year
Florida Auburn Maybe even Missouri
Even if it s only 4 like you said still proves SEC KING

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••