Marc Bergevin and the Montreal Canadiens: Why Bold Is Better

May 14, 2012 Full story: BleacherReport 38

Marc Bergevin has been handed the wheel of a once mighty ship, adrift and listless.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“HEISENBERG”

Since: Apr 09

MONTREAL

#23 May 27, 2012
me neither i am tired of it it's just so very dumb that it has all gone on this long for no reason that makes any sense at all.
Lakota

Saskatoon, Canada

#24 May 27, 2012
spartacus are all our players gone in our pool,or does someone have a player or two left. Im pretty sure i didnt pick any devils or kings so i know im done !
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

#25 May 27, 2012
I believe I have Parise left from NJ....I could be wrong though.....

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#26 May 28, 2012
I have 2...I have Kovalchuk and Elias!...and I haven't checked since the last time you asked and I made an update and no one went into it yet again...but I think I am ahead of all of you by 30 pts at least right now !!!
Lakota

Saskatoon, Canada

#27 May 28, 2012
Spartacus1962 wrote:
I have 2...I have Kovalchuk and Elias!...and I haven't checked since the last time you asked and I made an update and no one went into it yet again...but I think I am ahead of all of you by 30 pts at least right now !!!
If you are up 30 points im declaring you the winner.!
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

#28 May 28, 2012
I concede to you sir!!
Who would of thought these two teams would be in this.
I pick New Jersey in 6. Be icing on the cake for Brodeur

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#29 May 28, 2012
I gave them a chance form the beginning that's why the 2 NJY piks!

If NJY wins He'll retire fo sho and these kinds of players often have their best year at the end of their career.

It would be cool to see, but I'm voting for LA
Ryan w

Toronto, Canada

#30 May 29, 2012
You're both retarded . Look at the number over the last 2 seasons,if vezina and cups don't count . Price is right up there in the top 10 in all categories . So if we shouldn't judge on awards or stats , then what should we be judging one ? The opinion of 2 retards ?

Hey habs organization . Even though all the hockey experts and fans know that Carey price is a great goalie , trade him now , because spartacus and lakota don't think he is very good . Go get a goalie who has won nothing and below average numbers just because Spartacus and lakota say these things mean nothing with goaltending . lol You guys are a sad bunch . Have fun watching Carey Price for the next 10 years . Go Carey Go .
Lakota

Saskatoon, Canada

#31 May 29, 2012
A friendly discussion amongst friends,suddenly got viscious. who expected the sudden attact?
pureplay

AOL

#32 May 29, 2012
I haven't missed much have I......Price bashing again I see.

I don't hear you guys talking about the biggest underachiever and overrated goalie of all time .....MR. ROBERTO LUONGO. If you want to talk about a goalie being the sole reason a team has not done anything in the playoffs....then look at Vancouver. A great team...other than the goalie. Luongo is the sole reason why Vancouver has not won a cup. This fact cannot be disputed.

If you want to evaluate Price, then evaluate and compare his performance for the year to the other goalies in the league. Don't evaluate within a team that finished dead last because its easy to say its Prices fault when you look at it that way.
Lakota

Saskatoon, Canada

#33 May 29, 2012
Pureplay,if you are realistic about price you would see that he is not the guy who can lead us to the promise land. great one night,stumbling and deflecting pucks into his own net the next. Just not the guy we need at his pay scale. the money can be spent better in other places

“HEISENBERG”

MONTREAL

#34 May 29, 2012
Price Bashing..?...

LMFAO

He is a Massive Failure and You BOTH are Living in complete and Utter Denial the exact same as you were 5 years ago, all that's changed, is you look more like fools for it to day than you did 5 years ago.

He is a Child Cowboy wanna be and this team needs size down the middle and a Man in goal and not a Child of any kind in any position such as Price!

He is a Disgrace to this Franchise and to it's History and top this city and represents everything that is 100% still wrong in the Habs from office!

Nothing, will EVER change for the better until THIS chages!
Ryan W

Toronto, Canada

#36 May 30, 2012
I can honestly say you , Lakota and Dev are the only 2 people i have ever heard say that about Carey Price . So from my point of view Sparty , you 2 are the ones living in denial . Every article , every analyst says Carey Price is a top goalie and will only get better . Every person i know even non Hab fans say the same . Its only you that thinks this way . The stats and achievements speak for them self and i have said to numerous of times , lets just agree to disagree and move on . You are the one continually writing this non sense even after we agree to be civil . If you want to keep posting it , the you should be prepared to defend it something other the you're OWN OPINION , because last time i checked , your opinion means squat in the world of hockey .
Lakota

Saskatoon, Canada

#37 May 30, 2012
Price has to go in order for this team to go forward. he is so inconsistant that it demoralizes the team in front of them. Cant build confidence when you just dont know who is going to show up in net. Mr. cowboy clown or tretiak ? Big down the middle and stable in net will turn this franchise around. Until price is gone its just not going to happen. sorry ryan but we must agree to disagree on this player.
Labatts

Peterborough, Canada

#38 May 30, 2012
Dont get me wrong...im not a big Luongo fan....but it seems when VAncouver gets into the playoffs they forget how to score......Now that can be hard on a goalie.

Montreal has many problems also...one just happens to the inablity to score on a regular basis. They have their moments..but not consistent.

Price shows moments of greatness...and then other times you have to wonder what he was thinking....it was like the puck went right through him...
I dont have the answer on his weak play at times, but I only hope that this new management can turn him into a more mature, consitently goalie.......
Lakota

Saskatoon, Canada

#40 Jun 1, 2012
Labatts wrote:
Dont get me wrong...im not a big Luongo fan....but it seems when VAncouver gets into the playoffs they forget how to score......Now that can be hard on a goalie.
Montreal has many problems also...one just happens to the inablity to score on a regular basis. They have their moments..but not consistent.
Price shows moments of greatness...and then other times you have to wonder what he was thinking....it was like the puck went right through him...
I dont have the answer on his weak play at times, but I only hope that this new management can turn him into a more mature, consitently goalie.......
Well put labatts.I agree with your assessment of luongo too. Sedins just dont play the same game in the playoffs as they do in the regular season. Price could straighten out and become more consistant,then he would be a real gem,but im thinking he has had enough time in the league to be way more consistant than he has been..who knows next year may be his coming out party..
pureplay

AOL

#41 Jun 2, 2012
Like I said before, compare his stats to the others in the league .
Is Price the best? No.
Does he need to do more? Yes I agree he could be better.

Is he the disaster and ultimate disgrace that you two sisters make his out to be? NO far from it. Listen Fric and Frac.......the team has a lot more problems to solve before they get to the goal tending.
labatts

Peterborough, Canada

#42 Jun 3, 2012
I think we all agree on most issues with this team except the goalie in net....
I think Molson has taken a huge step with cleaning up the front office and bringing in some proven people.....

But thats just the start....
Next will be player evaluation.
Its not a matter of just getting rid of players but who can they bring in to help improve the other players on the team.

There are some really good players on this team...but because of the last management...there was a huge lack of direction and forsight by management to find that piece to the puzzle that makes good teams....great teams!!

Look whos in playing for the cup.....two needs I would never of came close to in choosing....
Jersey didnt even make the playoffs last year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward's Aunt Says Tony Stewart Grand Jury Put 'W... 1 hr Die Ton Stewart D... 96
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Brew In 27,920
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's tough fight again... 3 hr liberals are heros 2
Evan Mathis practices Wednesday: Eagles guard s... 4 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
a I am a Liberian, not a virus.a Campaign fight... 6 hr DangerousRiteWing... 1
Raiders confession 7 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 2
Possible Raiders coaching candidates 7 hr Flatulence Fred 50

Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE