Lawmakers want 'made in China' U.S. Olympic uniforms burned

Jul 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS11

Lawmakers were outraged Thursday after an ABC World News report revealed that the U.S. Olympic team's opening ceremony outfits are made in China.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2012
Lucifer

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

The lawmakers are worried about outfits...

LOL!!
Lucifer

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

ronnie the rat wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi that US Olympic uniforms should be AMERICAN made.
They haven't been in the past,what makes this year any different?
Or are they just bored up there in big ol D.C

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

ronnie the rat wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi that US Olympic uniforms should be AMERICAN made.
I agree also.Im pretty sure they could've found a garment maker here who would've been proud to make their clothes.I try as much as i can to shop local and support small business around here.
Lucifer

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

How can someone disagree with me,now I ask all of you,how long have we been playing in the Olympics? And how long have we been wearing outfits that where manufactured overseas?? Now all of a sudden this is a big freaking deal to them...gimme a break!
Lucifer

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree also.Im pretty sure they could've found a garment maker here who would've been proud to make their clothes.I try as much as i can to shop local and support small business around here.
They've been wearing foreign made clothes for centuries....Hello is anybody in there!!
Lucifer

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

I swear,your all's stupidity is giving me an aneurysm!

“Hi there”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Lucifer wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been wearing foreign made clothes for centuries....Hello is anybody in there!!
Centuries? I would hazard a guess that is wrong,but your entitled to your opinion.This is only topix,but on other message boards and via the news,people are outraged by this.Many people everywhere agree that our athletes should wear uniforms made here in america.Now....if you want to use topix to insult me on friday the 13th thats your choice,but i will not argue back with you ;).I commented on it,and wont any further.

“ ∆ Queen Astarte ∆ ”

Since: Sep 09

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Careful Lucifer,she's known to report people who disagree with her.

“ ∆ Queen Astarte ∆ ”

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>if you want to use topix to insult me on friday the 13th thats your choice,but i will not argue back with you ;).I commented on it,and wont any further.
Where did he insult you miss prissy?
Get off your high horse,he stated his opinion and you got butt hurt about it,that's all.Now if you want to argue with me here I am!

“Hi there”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Astarte wrote:
Careful Lucifer,she's known to report people who disagree with her.
Really? And what proof do you have of that? So...instead of commenting on the article,you come here to start an argument? If thats what your trying to do,you wont get that here from me or anyone else.

“Hi there”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Astarte wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did he insult you miss prissy?
Get off your high horse,he stated his opinion and you got butt hurt about it,that's all.Now if you want to argue with me here I am!
Argue? No,i dont use topix to argue.If you want that,you'll have to go somewhere else.Like i said to him,i commented on the story and have no need to comment anymore to him.If thats not good enough for you,theres plenty of other cities for you to find someone to argue with.

“ ∆ Queen Astarte ∆ ”

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>Really? And what proof do you have of that? So...instead of commenting on the article,you come here to start an argument? If thats what your trying to do,you wont get that here from me or anyone else.
That's because you don't have a leg to stand on in this topic!

“ ∆ Queen Astarte ∆ ”

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

sandy63 wrote:
<quoted text>Argue? No,i dont use topix to argue.If you want that,you'll have to go somewhere else.Like i said to him,i commented on the story and have no need to comment anymore to him.If thats not good enough for you,theres plenty of other cities for you to find someone to argue with.
So you don't like debate,difference of opinions..you would rather come on here an play topix's silly game for points and not have any form of negative interactions?Not everyone in the world agrees all the time and sooner or later there will be friction,the best medicine for that is debating on it,whether it get ugly or not that's the fun of it.
unbelievable

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

I think people didn't know about the uniforms being made in some foreign land. I didn't. I do think they should be american made and I also think the berets need to be explained as far as the military hats some of our units use as a uniform.

“Hi there”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

unbelievable wrote:
I think people didn't know about the uniforms being made in some foreign land. I didn't. I do think they should be american made and I also think the berets need to be explained as far as the military hats some of our units use as a uniform.
I agree,and whats up with those berets? I read on one message board,that there are many clothiers who would have jumped at the chance to make their clothes and they choose the cheap route and have them made in china.I try to buy made in usa when i can,but its hard to do at times.I know a lot of items now are made over there,but our athletes should be wearing uniforms made here.Oh well what can ya do....

“ ∆ Queen Astarte ∆ ”

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

unbelievable wrote:
So thousands of American athletes have been suiting up for these games and not once did one glimpse a made in china tag and question it?? And regarding "special forces" wearing the beret,do some research and you'll be informed.
unbelievable

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Astarte wrote:
<quoted text>
So thousands of American athletes have been suiting up for these games and not once did one glimpse a made in china tag and question it?? And regarding "special forces" wearing the beret,do some research and you'll be informed.
why don't you same me a lot of time and trouble and just tell me since i get the feeling you already have this knowledge.

“ ∆ Queen Astarte ∆ ”

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you same me a lot of time and trouble and just tell me since i get the feeling you already have this knowledge.
Well I didn't til I looked it up myself lol.

But here it goes

When visiting the Special Forces at Fort Bragg on 12 October 1961, President John F. Kennedy asked Brigadier General William P. Yarborough to make sure that the men under his command wore green berets for the visit. Later that day, Kennedy sent a memorandum which included the line: "I am sure that the green beret will be a mark of distinction in the trying times ahead." By America's entry into the Vietnam War, the green beret had become a symbol of excellence throughout the US Army. On 11 April 1962 in a White House memorandum to the United States Army, President Kennedy reiterated his view: "The green beret is a symbol of excellence, a badge of courage, a mark of distinction in the fight for freedom." Previously, both Yarborough and Edson Raff had petitioned the Pentagon to allow wearing of the green beret, to no avail.
James Taylor

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

I care less where they are made. I care more about the debt all these idiot politicians are creating.

“ ∆ Queen Astarte ∆ ”

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Just another thing to make you think..
Why is Michael Phelps still allowed to participate in the Olympics? Wasn't he caught smoking dope?

Were gonna overlook a criminal act and focus on uniforms?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••