People Not So Pumped about Nazareth Powerhouse Gym

Full story: WFMZ

Instead of the burn, customers at Nazareth Powerhouse Gym say they've burned. This, after the gym recently moved into a much smaller place, in a different location.
Comments
1 - 20 of 99 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2009
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
legal action

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 17, 2009

Is anyone working with a lawyer at this point?
Since Leone never responds to requests for call/emails back, I'm ready to take futher action.
mtn

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

There many small gyms that fly by the seat of their pants.This will be the start of a trend in gyms.There was a gym in palmerton that had the same thing happen in december.Next maybe the one in walnutport,hellertown,and those in allentown.Choose who you pay and what gym you choose
worked for free

Palmerton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

I'm happy this is on the news and hopefully no one will ever trust this man again!
Fed up

Nazareth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

Can anyone point me in the right direciton to receive a response from Mr. Leone? I would like to cease the drafts taken out of my account since March and am not getting a response. I believe I too may have to take legal action if not conacted.
legal action

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

I wish I could point you in the right direction. I have requested, through email, for a response and get ignored. The phone calls are never picked up. I think it is time for a lawyer, maybe we should all unite for a class action suite.
Billy Bones

Nazareth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

Maybe you guys should back pay all your employees...The word is you owe lots..
Your a bunch of CLOWNS.
NAZ Wrestler

Nazareth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

Not happy with this group.
Legal Smack Down

Nazareth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

How can Mr. Leone open open another fitness center when owes Tom McDonald thousands and also members tons of $$$$$$$?
mber

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

The new place in Bath is a joke. My husband & I joined in Jan. 2009, paid for our year in advance, worked out for 2 months... now what?!? This guy seemed shady to begin with. Now I guess we see his true character. If he can't pay his employees their min. wage for work performed, then how will he repay the many members looking for refunds???
kathy65

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

is this the same gym that was in Tatamy before Nazareth? I thought now he had moved to a place on 191 near 22, not bath...where in Bath?

Maybe you all should turn this over to the State Attorney General, Tom Corbett's office....
Theft Victim

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

You can find Mr. Leone at 6700-B West Main St (Rt 248) in Bath. His "satellite" gym is the old Curves location. I asked for a refund without a cancellation fee, and he threatened to call the police on me. I called the state police instead to report theft & fraud. The police informed me that I would need to file a civil lawsuit.

To date, I have not received a penny for the refund on my pre-paid membership.
Nazareth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

Why were the Bethlehem Township police involved? The gym in Lowere Nazareth is in the Colonial Regional jurisdiction, and is some 5 miles from Behtlehem Township.
KD Paint

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 18, 2009

Tom Macdonald deserves to get paid for all his hard work in that gym, I also helped tom in that gym, he paid me out of his own business, He's very deserving of being paid without him bending over backwards this gym would of never exsisted. Members think of just whats owed to him yours is miner but you also deserve to be paid back, fight back join together make him acountable for his actions.
Tom you do great work in the Nazareth area keep it up all these people will back you up 100 percent

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 19, 2009

kathy65 wrote:
is this the same gym that was in Tatamy before Nazareth? I thought now he had moved to a place on 191 near 22, not bath...where in Bath?
Maybe you all should turn this over to the State Attorney General, Tom Corbett's office....
You are right you all should contact Atty General Tom Corbett's office. Check out his website first it might lead you in the right direction. Also I would imagine like "Theft Victim" was told to file a civil lawsuit. But first check out Tom Corbett's site and even speak to someone in his office. Good luck. Don't let anyone rip you off, especially now with the economy the way it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 19, 2009

KD Paint wrote:
Tom Macdonald deserves to get paid for all his hard work in that gym, I also helped tom in that gym, he paid me out of his own business, He's very deserving of being paid without him bending over backwards this gym would of never exsisted. Members think of just whats owed to him yours is miner but you also deserve to be paid back, fight back join together make him acountable for his actions.
Tom you do great work in the Nazareth area keep it up all these people will back you up 100 percent
Your post doesn't make sense. Sounds like "Tom" ripped you off. Don't you realize that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 19, 2009

Nazareth wrote:
Why were the Bethlehem Township police involved? The gym in Lowere Nazareth is in the Colonial Regional jurisdiction, and is some 5 miles from Behtlehem Township.
That's a good question. I went back and read the article again and the 2 filing cabinets were left outside of the business in Nazareth.

Not unless it was a typo or someone walked away with the cabinets and the Beth. Twsp. Police found them.
disgusted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 19, 2009

This guy makes me sick! I am glad this was on the news and that it is out to the public what this gym owner did to his customers. He sold a product that he no longer provides and wants to charge you to cancel? He then is so careless with people's personal and financial information! He is a scum bag and should be sued for all the money he stole. He made ppl buy into a THREE YEAR plan! And that is while KNOWING that he was about to terminate his lease! Please someone sue this **** for everything he has!
disgusted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 19, 2009

Customers files were left in cabinets outside the location they were going to move into across from the 48 hr video in Bethlehem Township.
Kudos

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 19, 2009

It is DEFINITELY time for the State Attorney General to step in. Start calling and emailing your concerns.
L A Vandever

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Apr 19, 2009

Before I bought a membership I asked about the unfinished rooms. I was told he was having a problem with the contractor but it would work out. I bought a 2 year memebership. I only found out about the gym closing from a friend. Mike Leone never called me about the gym. But they did call my office asking if my company would like to join. Hey Mike look on your files my membership tells you i own the business you called tryi to screw me out of more monwy.

I am mplanning on going after him legally. One of the new places is in the back of a small chriorpractor's office. But I was told that was for personal training only. Beleive mw thew plce is not even big enough for that. I joined the gym because it is only a few blocks from my home. Now I have to drive almost 10 miles to get to the gyme in Bath.

This Mike Leone is a ripoff artist and it is time for the members to join up and go after him.

Sincerely,
Larry Vandever

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Allentown Conditions

(updated 43 min ago)

Weather
Partly Sunny 70°F
Hi: 76°F
Lo: 53°F
Feels like: 70°F
Visibility: 10 mi

See Tomorrow's Forecast »