Shots fired at Artesia detective brings response from CPD

Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

Carlsbad Police Department officers aided in taking down two men accused of shooting at an Artesia Police detective in the early morning hours Friday, according to information from Artesia Police.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2012
Call it like I see it

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jun 4, 2011
I believe that if these two buttmonkeys had tried this with our Carlsbad Police or Eddy County Sheriffs, they would both be taking a dirt nap right now.
Zig_Zag

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jun 4, 2011
Call it like I see it wrote:
I believe that if these two buttmonkeys had tried this with our Carlsbad Police or Eddy County Sheriffs, they would both be taking a dirt nap right now.
As they should be.
A few well placed bullets are cheaper then trials and incarceration.
LOBO

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Jun 4, 2011
Does the Artesia PD not have thie own SRT? Seems Artesia is becoming quite a hoodlum town these days. And yes I agree, authorities should just kill these bastards on the spot. Would save tax dollars. They wanna live the thug life, then they should expect to be treated like one. Good job CPD
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jun 4, 2011
Well well... I wonder made these two law abiding pillars of society take up a gun and fire it. Must be the demon guns!
mas ****

Artesia, NM

#5 Jun 4, 2011
I think kids shouldnt b playing with guns. We need to keep the city of champs as safe and clean as possible. Stop the violence already and just knuckle up like a man. Especially if they use a gun.If u pull it u better shoot to kill and not miss cause a inascent by-standard could get shot.
The Man

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jun 4, 2011
How about the parents of the man who barricaded himself in his parents home. Can't they be charged with harboring a fugitive. The parents I believe were home. This young man has been nothing but trouble with the parents always babying him and not disciplining him. This kid and his parents should be locked up for this.

Also the Artesia police department has really lost control of crime in Artesia. Artesia went from being one of the safest towns in America to be crime infested as it were a big city with a hood. Time to maybe make a change at the top of the police department.
dellindo1

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jun 4, 2011
The Man wrote:
How about the parents of the man who barricaded himself in his parents home. Can't they be charged with harboring a fugitive. The parents I believe were home. This young man has been nothing but trouble with the parents always babying him and not disciplining him. This kid and his parents should be locked up for this.
Also the Artesia police department has really lost control of crime in Artesia. Artesia went from being one of the safest towns in America to be crime infested as it were a big city with a hood. Time to maybe make a change at the top of the police department.
Couldn't agree more. This guy has 3 kids with 3 different girls and is already a conviceted felon. That's what happends when you raise a self serving spoiled brat.
Ur guess

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 4, 2011
@the man come on down and give it a shot
@call it like...this officer is the last one that would ever be questioned about whether or not he made the right decision considering his target and what was beyond it
The Man

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jun 4, 2011
UR guess, I work for the government and part of my job is to do crime statistics and look for trends. I grew up in what was the greatest town in America to grow up in, Artesia. I've long since been gone but I do keep up and the stats don't lie. Something needs to be done and maybe it's a change at the top. The drugs, the violence, shootings and such are way up and more so than other communities of it's size. Something has to be done to stop it. There is a trend in the numbers and they coincide with who's running the show. Numbers don't lie.
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jun 4, 2011
[QUOTE who="mas **** "]I think kids shouldnt b playing with guns. We need to keep the city of champs as safe and clean as possible. Stop the violence already and just knuckle up like a man. Especially if they use a gun.If u pull it u better shoot to kill and not miss cause a inascent by-standard could get shot.[/QUOTE]

Well, I believe it was the Artesians and north Eddy county who pushed the vote for Sheriff in favor of "Do nothing Waller". I guess your city enjoyed the extra cash flow due to the drug trade there, which Chunky Click would have made a serious dent in. You got what you wanted, so live with it!
car 54

Washington, DC

#11 Jun 6, 2011
Chunky would have shot everyone of em. The only problem is, he would have shot them with a stolen gun. The Real Truth needs a brain.
Call it like I see it

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Jun 6, 2011
car 54 wrote:
Chunky would have shot everyone of em. The only problem is, he would have shot them with a stolen gun. The Real Truth needs a brain.
Several years ago, I heard this joke:

What sound does a stolen gun make ?
Click, click, click
Good

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Jun 9, 2011
i know the guy from school hes nice, but hes an idiot. he was always in trouble in school. but i believe every PD does what they can its just went shady people start popping up like weeds shady crap definitely follows
The Man

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jun 11, 2011
Well he is now going to have a boyfriend for a while. He should think before he does but his parents never taught him that. They just babied the poor soul.I wonder if his parents are now proud to have a new "son in law?"
STEPHANIE BAKER

Artesia, NM

#15 Feb 18, 2012
WHY DOES EVERYONE ACTNLIKE THEY ARE PERFECT SINT MADE NO MISTAKES SORRY THAT TODAYS SOCIETY AINT AS PERFECT AS YALS OH WAIT THATS B S CAUSE AINT NOONE EVER BEEN PERFECT SO STOP JUDGING OTHERS AND JUGDED URSELF

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16 Feb 18, 2012
STEPHANIE BAKER wrote:
WHY DOES EVERYONE ACTNLIKE THEY ARE PERFECT SINT MADE NO MISTAKES SORRY THAT TODAYS SOCIETY AINT AS PERFECT AS YALS OH WAIT THATS B S CAUSE AINT NOONE EVER BEEN PERFECT SO STOP JUDGING OTHERS AND JUGDED URSELF
Your wisdom is just....gold standard, Stephanie. Top shelf.

Now, while Stephanie returns and wedges herself into a couch full of her illegitimate kids to watch TV and smoke a bong, I will ask the rest of you readers this:

Where in the world did this new generation of citizens get the view that peer-review is bad? That no one is worthy of judging that behavior or decisions are worse than other ones because no one is perfect?

Here's a glimpse into Stephanie's utopia: A high school dropout gets a job as a janitor working along side the Valadictorian. Rape gets you a nickel in Atika - and so does a parking ticket. Some schlub punches the clock every morning 2 minutes early, and that other guy who beltches loudly every hour punches in an hour late every day - yet they both get paid the same hours. O.J. Simpson gets let off with double knife-murders because the jurors are also black. OOps! That actually happened. My goof.
cream

Artesia, NM

#18 Feb 22, 2012
damnnn ha why talk **** online why ccant yall haters just come down to artesia and say it to some ''thugs''
please grow up

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Feb 22, 2012
cream wrote:
damnnn ha why talk **** online why ccant yall haters just come down to artesia and say it to some ''thugs''
Are you willing to give names and addresses so someone can find these "thugs"? LOL! I doubt it!!
Potty-mouthed Pol Pot

Artesia, NM

#20 Feb 23, 2012
That's a term that I hear more nowadays. "Ya'll are haters", or " They be hate-in on them poor Arizona people!" When a ner-do-well gets in a pinch he squeels "Hate" like a pig- like he can cash in some of them 1964 vibes again.

LBJ let you down, Pal. The pendulum is swinging to the right and may you and those in D.C. go swing in the trees in Kenya again where you belong.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#21 Feb 24, 2012
cream wrote:
Why dont you give people your name?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad teacher charged with touching female s... 7 hr becky 70
Equipment worth $40k stolen from Carlsbad work ... 11 hr pre meditated 4
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 18 hr Cricket 23 226
Coach allegedly molested teen 23 hr beaner 68
Joan Rivers stops breathing during throat surgery Aug 29 Melissa 1
Carlsbad: Mistrial declared in Curtis Jones case (Feb '13) Aug 27 Pfaffy 9
Snake sightings on the rise, including more ven... Aug 27 Pfaffy 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••