Confusion reigns over fireworks

Jun 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

With just seven days left until July 4th festivities, fireworks vendors outside the city limits are open for business.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Jul 2, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jun 28, 2012
Okay, is confusion news?

Just checking.
_Aristotle_

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Jun 28, 2012
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
Okay, is confusion news?
Just checking.
Apparently you have been paying attention to Faux News over the past decade.
A VETERAN

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jun 28, 2012
meant to read national guard
A very lovely Person

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jun 28, 2012
Oh my, I hope this does not cause any fires in the state. Little boys have been shooting rockets all over on my street.
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jun 28, 2012
Non sequitur much?
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you have been paying attention to Faux News over the past decade.
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jun 28, 2012
The legality or illegality of fireworks never seems to make much difference in the extent of setting off fireworks here.

Anyway, there is so much dry and dead stuff in NM that it is kind of inevitable that it will burn. All those dead pinons are a good example.
A very lovely Person wrote:
Oh my, I hope this does not cause any fires in the state. Little boys have been shooting rockets all over on my street.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Jun 29, 2012
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
Non sequitur much?
<quoted text>
The clown you were responding to would not understand non sequitur if he had 10 lifetimes to try and grasp the concept. My suggestion is to leave him be and try not to feed the trolls.

Pro nonnullus of pallens mens in hic es ultra salus
DISLIKES FIREWORKS

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Jun 29, 2012
ALL FIREWORKS SHOULD BE OUTLAWED , THIS FREAKIN HYPOCRITES THAT MAKE THE LAWS SAYS ITS ILLEGAL TO FIRE , GUNS IN THE AIR AT MIDNITE ON NEW YEARS DAY,BECAUSE IT CAN FALL ON SOMEONES HEAD AND KILL THEM, WELL HAVE THE IDIOTS EVER GIVEN IT CONSIDERATION AND THOUGHT, THATS A FIREWORKS CAN FALL ON SOMEONES EYE AND BLIND HIM,OR HER, OR FALL ON SOMEONES ROOF AND BURN THE HOUSE WHILE THE PEOPLE ARE ASLEEP, OF FALL ON SOMEONES YARD THAT HAS WEEDS AND START A FIRE,IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE FIRE WORKS GO TO THE BEACH, WHERE THEY HAVE WELL TRAINED PEOPLE THAT HANDLE THEM PROPERLY,I HOPE TO SEE ONE OF THIS DAYS HOPEFULLY SOME ONE WILL GET SUED ROYALLY AND SET AND EXAMPLE.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jun 29, 2012
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein
_Aristotle_

Hobbs, NM

#11 Jun 29, 2012
The latter however I know all too well.
Pyro Technocus

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Jun 29, 2012
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The clown you were responding to would not understand non sequitur if he had 10 lifetimes to try and grasp the concept. My suggestion is to leave him be and try not to feed the trolls.
Pro nonnullus of pallens mens in hic es ultra salus
Well now, Aristotle has been pretty much discredited on everything he ever had to say about anything! And to try and substitute a poorly framed Latin phrase for erudition is really … well, let me say where I went to school the nuns would have beat me silly with a yardstick for putting an “of” in my homework! Yikes! And Aristotle was Greek! OMG! Now – go to the corner and pull down your pants for punishment – use the passive paraphrastic for this construction! You dolt! Expose your wet and windy priest hole for the impediments of the the sacrament! Cast out your demons! Learn Greek like the elite Romans did! And you too, Brutus! You dirty boy you!

“Carlsbad, NM”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 29, 2012
Pyro Technocus wrote:
<quoted text>
Now – go to the corner and pull down your pants for punishment – Expose your wet and windy priest hole for the impediments of the the sacrament! You dirty boy you!
Now why did you have to go and get Ol' KBR all hot and bothered? I'll "catch" if you want to "pitch".(blushing)

Ol' KBR's a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad boi!

Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

S.A.D.(I know I do)

NEXT!!

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Jun 29, 2012
Pyro Technocus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, Aristotle has been pretty much discredited on everything he ever had to say about anything! And to try and substitute a poorly framed Latin phrase for erudition is really … well, let me say where I went to school the nuns would have beat me silly with a yardstick for putting an “of” in my homework! Yikes! And Aristotle was Greek! OMG! Now – go to the corner and pull down your pants for punishment – use the passive paraphrastic for this construction! You dolt! Expose your wet and windy priest hole for the impediments of the the sacrament! Cast out your demons! Learn Greek like the elite Romans did! And you too, Brutus! You dirty boy you!
As on-sequiter was brought up I figured that Latin was the direction we were heading. You sure have gone right into the vulgarity. I feel pity for you for having to endure such horrible sexual molestation at the school you attended. I truly hope that you have not allowed it to dominate your life. As for being discredited you will need to show me some examples as so far I have seen none. Have a good night!
_Aristotle_

Hobbs, NM

#15 Jun 29, 2012
Was anyone else smart enough to realize the homonym in the headline?

Your welcome that I'm intelligent enough to point it out for you dolts.
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jun 30, 2012
_Aristotle_ wrote:
Was anyone else smart enough to realize the homonym in the headline?
Your welcome that I'm intelligent enough to point it out for you dolts.
I was kind of shocked they didn't spell it "reins," actually.

Oh, and it's "you're" welcome. This is a contraction of "you are."
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Jun 30, 2012
_Aristotle_ wrote:
<quoted text>
As non-sequiter was brought up I figured that Latin was the direction we were heading. You sure have gone right into the vulgarity. I feel pity for you for having to endure such horrible sexual molestation at the school you attended. I truly hope that you have not allowed it to dominate your life. As for being discredited you will need to show me some examples as so far I have seen none. Have a good night!
Since we're posting quotes, I saw a great one on Twitter this evening (and no, I don't generally read Twitter).

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive. But it is lightning that does all the work." -Mark Twain

I'm a big Twain fan but that one, if correctly attributed, is new to me.
Carlsbad Resident

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Jun 30, 2012
_Aristotle_ wrote:
Was anyone else smart enough to realize the homonym in the headline?
Your welcome that I'm intelligent enough to point it out for you dolts.
Oh, and also, "Aristotle," it's "recognize" the homonym.

It really is a losing game to try to impersonate other users here. We are too few, and too easily recognizable in style.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Jun 30, 2012
Carlsbad Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we're posting quotes, I saw a great one on Twitter this evening (and no, I don't generally read Twitter).
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive. But it is lightning that does all the work." -Mark Twain
I'm a big Twain fan but that one, if correctly attributed, is new to me.
That would be the first I have heard that one also.

Apparently I somehow got under his skin and so he has nothing better to do then to try and trash me. Makes me wonder what I would be doing if I did not have a life either.
_Aristotle_

Hobbs, NM

#20 Jun 30, 2012
Let me just add that I do have a purpose other than spending time on these forums.

I'll let you less gifted try and figure that out without my help.

Since: Apr 12

Carlsbad, NM

#21 Jun 30, 2012
_Aristotle_ wrote:
Let me just add that I do have a purpose other than spending time on these forums.
I'll let you less gifted try and figure that out without my help.
Why exactly are you so offended and threatened by me? You come across as quite immature,..your about 12 years old right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equipment worth $40k stolen from Carlsbad work ... 1 hr pre meditated 4
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 7 hr Cricket 23 226
Coach allegedly molested teen 12 hr beaner 68
Joan Rivers stops breathing during throat surgery Aug 29 Melissa 1
Carlsbad: Mistrial declared in Curtis Jones case (Feb '13) Aug 27 Pfaffy 9
Snake sightings on the rise, including more ven... Aug 27 Pfaffy 6
Carlsbad teacher charged with touching female s... Aug 26 Earl Pitts 69
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••