Field narrowed for city admin hopefuls

Jan 12, 2012 Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus 36

Five candidates made it to the interview stage in the city's search to permanently fill the position of Carlsbad city administrator.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whos that girl

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jan 17, 2012
Anybody know this Lorraine Allen lady? Says she lives in Carlsbad.
Rotundalina

Artesia, NM

#2 Jan 17, 2012
Mi ex-esposo, she say...he say he don know that punta but that she is type O+. Word on the street, anyway. Why you askin' me?(turns to a train of kids following her) Git over here! You too, Ishmael and bring the other 9 with you!
Lost

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2012
Where is information on these canidates?
puline

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jan 17, 2012
Whos that girl wrote:
Anybody know this Lorraine Allen lady? Says she lives in Carlsbad.
she came several years ago (bob forrest time) to CDOD as a grant writter, then she quit cdod and married the Mexican doctor munoz

i think she was the one who wrote the grant to get the brownfield money to clean up the area that is now the cascades
Democratis

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jan 18, 2012
This is a huge joke! You would not believe who made the
short list! My God! This town will be the laughing stock
of the world if certain people end up getting the position! Talk about a cruise ship run aground! This is a
crucial and critical point in this town's history! If the
council and mayor blow it by choosing any current employee or a local, God help Carlsbad, NM!
sir bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jan 19, 2012
Democratis wrote:
of the world if certain people end up getting the position! Talk about a cruise ship run aground! This is a
council and mayor blow it by choosing any current employee or a local, God help Carlsbad, NM!
speaking of jokes....I sure hope john waters and beasley did'nt make the short list!
Resident

Hobbs, NM

#7 Jan 19, 2012
Democratis wrote:
Carlsbad already is a laughing stock of New Mexico it is run by a bunch of corrupt crony good old boys and girls, perfect example look at Canal Street project what a F up job.
Avenging Angel

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Jan 19, 2012
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlsbad already is a laughing stock of New Mexico it is run by a bunch of corrupt crony good old boys and girls, perfect example look at Canal Street project what a F up job.
Canal Street is a construction job funded and overseen by the State of New Mexico. The City of Carlsbad has no say in how it is done, by whom, or what the schedule is.
MLE1

United States

#9 Jan 19, 2012
They should hire my California Cutie.
I love carlsbad

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Jan 19, 2012
Avenging Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Canal Street is a construction job funded and overseen by the State of New Mexico. The City of Carlsbad has no say in how it is done, by whom, or what the schedule is.
You are totally incorrect. Our local GOBs are in involved whether you believe it or not. Are you saying the Forrest family has no influence?
Curious

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Jan 20, 2012
I love carlsbad wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally incorrect. Our local GOBs are in involved whether you believe it or not. Are you saying the Forrest family has no influence?
In the progress of the Canal St project, yes, no influence. Sorry to disturb your fantasy world.
Carlsbad Local

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Jan 20, 2012
I love carlsbad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...stop wearing your behind as a hat.
Carlsbad

Lovington, NM

#13 Jan 20, 2012
Why do you think Harry and Jackie got out of town so fast, he got sick and tired of the corrupt cronies and he didn't want to get tied up with embezzlement charges, that's what's going on.

Canal Street project There's a lot of embezzlement going on soaking it for every penny they can.
Carlsbad Local

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Jan 20, 2012
Carlsbad wrote:
Why do you think Harry and Jackie got out of town so fast, he got sick and tired of the corrupt cronies and he didn't want to get tied up with embezzlement charges, that's what's going on.
Canal Street project There's a lot of embezzlement going on soaking it for every penny they can.
Why don't you go lie down on canal while they repave it.
Carlsbad

Lovington, NM

#15 Jan 20, 2012
I love carlsbad wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm Are you saying the Forrest family has no influence
fact

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Jan 20, 2012
Carlsbad Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go lie down on canal while they repave it.
u must be a CDOD member.
Carlsbad Local

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Jan 21, 2012
fact wrote:
<quoted text>
u must be a CDOD member.
HAHA! Hardly! I JUST DON'T LIKE IDIOTS.
To The Idiot

Artesia, NM

#18 Jan 21, 2012
Carlsbad Local wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA! Hardly! I JUST DON'T LIKE IDIOTS.
HaHa! Just watched an old women make the Canal Street crew clean up tree clippings in front of store front right next to Canal. I was watching out the window when she started berating in on them. They went ahead and did it. If this old lady can do it, then the city or anybody can do it.
I go to Albertson's, then I find out that they have the West bound lane closed off, then you have to exit out back on E Church. Anybody else like this??
Carlsbad

Lovington, NM

#19 Jan 22, 2012
Canal Street crew clean up tree clippings WOW !
puddles

Hobbs, NM

#20 Jan 22, 2012
I go to Albertson's, then I find out that they have the West bound lane closed off, then you have to exit out back on E Church. Anybody else like this??
Even when the streets were in good shape, it's always been impossible to get anywhere in Carlsbad in a hurry.

Just relax, take the back streets, maybe you'll see something new and interesting. There's no reason to use Canal street unless you're going all the way through town, and that's been possible throughout almost all of the construction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad searching for new football coach, Arri... 15 hr Wise guy 5
Meet and greet held for new Caverns leader Dec 15 Ben 5
State police identify Carlsbad Police officers ... (Jun '14) Dec 15 NOYOUsiraretheidiot 44
Police investigating shooting at Tia Maria Apar... (Jun '14) Dec 14 sarabuggkwh 53
Nuts! Korean flight delayed by first class spat Dec 12 Switches 5
Shooting suspect dies after being shot by local... (Dec '09) Dec 12 Slugfest 340
Carlsbad lands 8-screen movie theater; New mult... (May '14) Dec 11 Same Good Ole Boy... 37
More from around the web