Skeletal remains identified as missing Carlsbad man

Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

Skeletal remains found by hunters east of Carlsbad on Thanksgiving Day in 2005 have been officially identified as those of Eddy Mack Gorby, a Carlsbad man missing since May of 2003.
Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Apr 7, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jul 31, 2008
the remains were sent to the state Office of the Medical Investigator in November of 2005, shortly after they were found by quail hunters about five miles east of Carlsbad off U.S. Highway 62/180

LOL....they have it backwards...I dont think they found the remains AFTER they were sent to the OMI!!!

“NM: The Underground State”

Since: Dec 07

Carlsbad, New Mexico

#2 Jul 31, 2008
ok.. Where exactly IS the confusion there.. They were sent to the ME after they were found by hunters.. Maybe I'm the blonde here, but I understood what was said.. It's your post that confused me.
Hal

Denver, CO

#3 Jul 31, 2008
Read the post again... sent the body before they found the body.

I also cant read the story from the forum... Hmm.
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jul 31, 2008
Click photo to enlargeSubmitted to the Current-Argus Eddy Mack Gorby (Submitted to the Current-Argus )«1»CARLSBAD — Skeletal remains found by hunters east of Carlsbad on Thanksgiving Day in 2005 have been officially identified as those of Eddy Mack Gorby, a Carlsbad man missing since May of 2003.
According to Capt. Jim Ballard of the Eddy County Sheriff's Department, the remains were sent to the state Office of the Medical Investigator in November of 2005, shortly after they were found by quail hunters about five miles east of Carlsbad off U.S. Highway 62/180, near the landfill.

This is what they wrote...it is how they wrote it. It seems they should have put shortly AFTER they found the remains they were sent to the OMI. If it is read fast and there should be a comma after shortly I believe.
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jul 31, 2008
Yeah, I see what I read it a different way...damn dyslexia.
body

Monument, NM

#6 Jul 31, 2008
none of the comments even pertain to the subject. How did he die, i wonder?
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Jul 31, 2008
body wrote:
none of the comments even pertain to the subject. How did he die, i wonder?
actually, it does pertain to the subject. I was talking as to how the article was wrote and the finding of his body.
Hal

Denver, CO

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Michele wrote:
It takes a while to by pass that dyslexia... Mine is reading to fast and thinking faster than I type.

I too would like to know the cause of death, something on this one is really fishy. The wallet the body and the locations of the car are all very strange... like someone decided to get a ride killed him and then tried to ditch him the wallet and the car in different places.

Worse they brought the car back to town and walked away.
Concerned Resident

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Aug 1, 2008
Michele wrote:
More like OPD... go away and get a life ****. Quit trying to be such a know-it-all genius...

(for the rest of the real world, OPD is Obnoxious Personality Disorder, this **** has it baaaad!)
Shocker

Loving, NM

#10 Aug 1, 2008
HAHAHHAAAA OPD.....yeah she does...she needs to get a job and quit posting messages all day!!
Mean Mr Mustard

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Aug 1, 2008
Michele wrote:
the remains were sent to the state Office of the Medical Investigator in November of 2005, shortly after they were found by quail hunters about five miles east of Carlsbad off U.S. Highway 62/180
LOL....they have it backwards...I dont think they found the remains AFTER they were sent to the OMI!!!
"Shortly after they were found"...what is so confusing about that. And I guess we won;tknow for sure. The story has already been eradicated from the archives, unless you want to pay a fee to search. Big Brother censoring stories here that might ambarrass the SO?
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Aug 1, 2008
I read it to fast and being tired. I forgot about this story after reading it a while back. I feel bad for this man no matter what has happened to him as well as his family. I hope they have some closure. But it all sounds suspicious to me. RIP and God Bless you and your family.

Hey shocker, I just moved back to this hell hole as soon as I can.

Concerned Resident I hope someone kicks your **** cause you need it...oh wait..that is why you attack on the net so you won't get your **** kicked cause it has been kicked too many times! damn P***Y!
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Aug 1, 2008
Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
More like OPD... go away and get a life ****. Quit trying to be such a know-it-all genius...
(for the rest of the real world, OPD is Obnoxious Personality Disorder, this **** has it baaaad!)
Oh look a want to be dr! wow...of ignorance, stupidity, and no self control. You get a life!

You need to be kicked off. Or arrested for you keep calling me a **** on here. Just get a life and leave me alone...you worthless human being!
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Aug 1, 2008
Shocker wrote:
HAHAHHAAAA OPD.....yeah she does...she needs to get a job and quit posting messages all day!!
You are a worthless human being also...you and Concerned Resident are wasting a new born's oxygen you piece of crap!
Shocker

Loving, NM

#15 Aug 1, 2008
HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!! What do you do just sit and read the same post over and over, then respond...then think of other things to say and make another post. Get a freakin life lady!!

“Correlation is not causation.”

Since: Jul 08

C-Bad, New Mexico

#16 Aug 1, 2008
Socker, Concerned Res., you both are being dicks and you know it.
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#17 Aug 1, 2008
Shocker wrote:
HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!! What do you do just sit and read the same post over and over, then respond...then think of other things to say and make another post. Get a freakin life lady!!
I have a life for one and for two it does not consist of being a **** and attacking you for no reason. Now, this is the last time I am going to respond to you for you are wasting my time. If this is your life of coming on here and attacking me or whomever then so be it. That is your problem and a pathetic way of life. Have a good afternoon...
Mean Mr Mustard

Carlsbad, NM

#18 Aug 1, 2008
All of this bickering has what to do with Gorby?
Michele

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Aug 1, 2008
Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
All of this bickering has what to do with Gorby?
Don't ask me. I write concerning what I read with the article and I was attacked out of no where. Hal and I were just fine having made a couple of comments of what I wrote. The other two think they need to attack if something is not their way or dont like reading what does not pertain to them.
Hal

Denver, CO

#20 Aug 1, 2008
That pretty much sums it up...

So people around here are afraid of anyone that can think for themselves... It might mean they can fix the problems theses people create and send them packing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach allegedly molested teen 40 min beaner 68
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 13 hr betrayed 223
Joan Rivers stops breathing during throat surgery Aug 29 Melissa 1
Equipment worth $40k stolen from Carlsbad work ... Aug 28 Yeah Right 3
Carlsbad: Mistrial declared in Curtis Jones case (Feb '13) Aug 27 Pfaffy 9
Snake sightings on the rise, including more ven... Aug 27 Pfaffy 6
Carlsbad teacher charged with touching female s... Aug 26 Earl Pitts 69
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••