Bar fight results in charges against local man

Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

A local man has been charged with aggravated battery after allegedly bludgeoning another man with a beer bottle at a local bar.
Comments
41 - 46 of 46 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sancho

Carlsbad, NM

#44 Feb 19, 2010
pmp wrote:
<quoted text>
What did he take?
he took your ruca vavoso, havent you noticed?
Bob Lee Swagger

Carlsbad, NM

#46 Feb 19, 2010
sancho wrote:
<quoted text>no but i do know your mamasita and she is like they say of campbells soup, hmmmmmm hmmmmmmm gooooooood
Yea yea to bad you are a ****.
Bob Lee Swagger

Carlsbad, NM

#47 Feb 19, 2010
mar-icon
cbadder

United States

#48 Feb 21, 2010
Cupcake wrote:
We are all supposed to be adults and be responsible for our actions. The bartenders and waitresses are not babysitters and yet who is to blame when YOU cannot handle your liquor. Who is the first to get blamed for "over serving"? Why don't we limit all alcohol intake to three drinks per person per night so those who cannot drink responsibily can be limited, yet the rest of you will have to be punished as well. I don't know about you, I have a mother and I don't need another one. I am very capable of making my own judgment call, don't need outside help.
One further statement....when I grew up and had a beef with someone, we took care of it without involving WEAPONS or calling in friends and family to fight a fight for or with us. Hands down, I am for a good One on One fight, if that is what it boils down to. One is going to come out on top and the other short handed but that was the end to it. Those who have to use a weapon of choice and/or attack someone from behind or when their back is turned, that's pretty low. That is exactly what happened here and the cards were not stacked evenly.
CUPCAKE IS THE SHIZNITTLE!!! MATHIS FOR MAYOR!!!!!!!!!!
smiles

United States

#49 Feb 21, 2010
I am sure that guys didnt deserve all that the other guys was a crazy jealous **** boyfriend that saw them talking. hell there probley related anyway half of carlsbad is or he was a x boyfriend so he went crazy cuz they were talking.. Everybody is with everybodies ex up in that town.They all hang out at the same bars and that is why **** happens!
Wanda Chavez

United States

#51 Feb 25, 2010
If anyone has seen the woman involved in this incident, you would wonder why the victim wanted to hold her hand in the first place.
And if I were bartender, the beer bottle basher would not have walked out...he would have been shot in the knee and knocked unconscious until the police arrived.
With New Mexico's liquor laws what they are, we who run drinking establishments are at a whole different place than tolerating drunks or violence.
Carlsbad's bars need to take this approach. It will end the problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
March to FLETC in support of undocumented immig... 12 hr Cricket 23 227
Carlsbad teacher charged with touching female s... Mon becky 70
Equipment worth $40k stolen from Carlsbad work ... Mon pre meditated 4
Coach allegedly molested teen Sun beaner 68
Joan Rivers stops breathing during throat surgery Aug 29 Melissa 1
Carlsbad: Mistrial declared in Curtis Jones case (Feb '13) Aug 27 Pfaffy 9
Snake sightings on the rise, including more ven... Aug 27 Pfaffy 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••