Powerful Sharapova Among Global Elite - Forbes

May 17, 2012 Full story: RIA Novosti 13

World No. 2 tennis player Maria Sharapova's star has risen even further over the past year to make her the world's 71st most powerful celebrity, Forbes magazine said Thursday.

Full Story
nancy

Fort Wayne, IN

#1 May 17, 2012
people are you really surprise! They give her all the endorsements because she is white. She gets the easy draw in tennis matches. Like someone said on the espn forum she get the cupcakes players. How many endoresment have Serena and Venus received.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#2 Jun 30, 2012
nancy wrote:
people are you really surprise! They give her all the endorsements because she is white. She gets the easy draw in tennis matches. Like someone said on the espn forum she get the cupcakes players. How many endoresment have Serena and Venus received.
I love responding to idiots like you Nancy. Why do you think the " BRAT " sisters haven't got any endorsements? It is because of their behaviour both on and off the court. I would say it has more to do with Serena, however, they are both idiots!!!! Neither one would be considered a role model. How many run-ins has Serena had with both players and officials. Do you remember when she threatened an oriental official a couple of years ago against Clijsters? And why do you think they still live together? It's because no man in their right mind would live with either one of them. And now it has been revealed that Richard Williams married a lady 37 years younger than him. What an all-around classless family!!!!!!!!!!
john

Euless, TX

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I love responding to idiots like you Nancy. Why do you think the " BRAT " sisters haven't got any endorsements? It is because of their behaviour both on and off the court. I would say it has more to do with Serena, however, they are both idiots!!!! Neither one would be considered a role model. How many run-ins has Serena had with both players and officials. Do you remember when she threatened an oriental official a couple of years ago against Clijsters? And why do you think they still live together? It's because no man in their right mind would live with either one of them. And now it has been revealed that Richard Williams married a lady 37 years younger than him. What an all-around classless family!!!!!!!!!!
Men been marrying younger women for years but he is classless for being a man? Paszek yelled and threw her father out of her tennis match I bet you think she's a great role model. All of these athletes besides Roger are not married and have girlfriend or boyfriend none of them are role models. Dokovich is a party animal has a lot of friends who are rappers. So what is your ideal of a role model? Anyone who is not black?
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#4 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Men been marrying younger women for years but he is classless for being a man? Paszek yelled and threw her father out of her tennis match I bet you think she's a great role model. All of these athletes besides Roger are not married and have girlfriend or boyfriend none of them are role models. Dokovich is a party animal has a lot of friends who are rappers. So what is your ideal of a role model? Anyone who is not black?
I can only assume now that you are black or you wouldn't have accused me of being a racist. Like I said before I don't have a racist bone in my body which I will say for the last time. I don't care what Djokovic does in his spare time. Good for him that he is a party animal. He has grown up a lot over the last few years since some stupid comments at the US Open 2 or 3 years ago. Roger is the ultimate role model and has done more for tennis thn anyone else in a long time. I guess you will disagree with that as well?????????? Does anything other than your opinion matter?????????
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#5 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised you didn't respond to my comments to Nancy who asked why Serena and Venus don't get endorsements? That is one of the easiest questions to answer. Because NOBODY wants to have those 2 represent their product!!!!!!! Why do you think Rogers is endorsed by Rolex, Mercedes and other top brand names? Because he is a class act, a great role model and ambassador for the sport. If Serena had even 1% of the class as Roger, which she doesn't, she could get the lucrative endorsements as well. Too bad she will never change!!!!!!!!!!
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#6 Jul 4, 2012
nancy wrote:
That is a bunch of BS. She gets the endorsements because she knows how to behave herself on and off the court, something Serena and Venus have yet to learn. And whether she gets the easy draws or not, she has to eventually beat all the best players to win and has won 4 Grand Slams.

If you have seen some of Serena's post-match interviews, this would partly explain why nobody wants to endorse her. For example, when she threatened the line judge at the US Open semi-final against Clijsters in 2009, she said she didn't really remember what she said and that her fans thought she was cool????? Need I say anything more on why she will be remembered just as much for her off court behaviour as her great play on the court. She has nobody to blame but herself!!!!!!!!!!

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#7 Jul 4, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised you didn't respond to my comments to Nancy who asked why Serena and Venus don't get endorsements? That is one of the easiest questions to answer. Because NOBODY wants to have those 2 represent their product!!!!!!! Why do you think Rogers is endorsed by Rolex, Mercedes and other top brand names? Because he is a class act, a great role model and ambassador for the sport. If Serena had even 1% of the class as Roger, which she doesn't, she could get the lucrative endorsements as well. Too bad she will never change!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know where you get your information from, but you're dead wrong.

In addition to winning over $35 million in prize money over her career, Serena Williams currently has high-profile endorsements worth over $112 million with:
Nike
Tampax
Nabisco
Gatorade
Ford
OPI/Glam Slam
OPI

Not to mention her own line of clothing which she wears to red carpet events and some tennis tournaments.

Venus Williams has won over $27 million in prize money, and currently has her own high-profile endorsements worth over $100 million with:
Reebok
American Express
Avon
Kraft
Nabisco
Tide
OPI/Glam Slam

She, also, has her own line of clothing which she wears to red carpet events and some tennis tournaments.

Incidently, both are also part owners of the Miami Dolphins and have written best-selling books.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#8 Jul 4, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get your information from, but you're dead wrong.
In addition to winning over $35 million in prize money over her career, Serena Williams currently has high-profile endorsements worth over $112 million with:
Nike
Tampax
Nabisco
Gatorade
Ford
OPI/Glam Slam
OPI
Not to mention her own line of clothing which she wears to red carpet events and some tennis tournaments.
Venus Williams has won over $27 million in prize money, and currently has her own high-profile endorsements worth over $100 million with:
Reebok
American Express
Avon
Kraft
Nabisco
Tide
OPI/Glam Slam
She, also, has her own line of clothing which she wears to red carpet events and some tennis tournaments.
Incidently, both are also part owners of the Miami Dolphins and have written best-selling books.
I have never seen ads for any of these products with Serena or Venus. I guess they don't show them up here in Canada for whatever reason. As far as their own line of clothing, that means nothing. They are simply endorsing themselves. And yes I am aware they are part owners of the Miami Dolphins. What is your point here???? Simply means they have money but are still generally not well liked by many people!!!!!
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#9 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only assume that this 33 year old married Richard Williams because of his money!!!! It certainly can't be his looks or his demeanour. I mean why do you think Serena ended up the way she did. I am sure her parents had something to do with it. I can only imagine what your daughter is like having you as a role model????????
john

Sikeston, MO

#10 Jul 4, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume now that you are black or you wouldn't have accused me of being a racist. Like I said before I don't have a racist bone in my body which I will say for the last time. I don't care what Djokovic does in his spare time. Good for him that he is a party animal. He has grown up a lot over the last few years since some stupid comments at the US Open 2 or 3 years ago. Roger is the ultimate role model and has done more for tennis thn anyone else in a long time. I guess you will disagree with that as well?????????? Does anything other than your opinion matter?????????
See your wrong again I am not black but I do know certain comments are racial. Like calling me black because I don't agree with you. Everyone has an opinion but opinions does not make it the truth.
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#11 Jul 4, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
See your wrong again I am not black but I do know certain comments are racial. Like calling me black because I don't agree with you. Everyone has an opinion but opinions does not make it the truth.
Well, I am not a racist so please just admit you are wrong. Just because I called her an ape doesn't mean I am racist. I was simply stating she resembles an ape because of her manly build. I assumed you were black because I couldn't think of any other reason that you would defend Serena and her family. Trust me there are lots of people who don't like the Williams sisters other than me. Google will prove that very very clearly.
john

Sikeston, MO

#12 Jul 4, 2012
Italain Stallion wrote:
<quoted text>I am surprised you didn't respond to my comments to Nancy who asked why Serena and Venus don't get endorsements? That is one of the easiest questions to answer. Because NOBODY wants to have those 2 represent their product!!!!!!! Why do you think Rogers is endorsed by Rolex, Mercedes and other top brand names? Because he is a class act, a great role model and ambassador for the sport. If Serena had even 1% of the class as Roger, which she doesn't, she could get the lucrative endorsements as well. Too bad she will never change!!!!!!!!!!
So you have class? You call me black even though I am not. You act like you personally know Roger. Serena is not poor, far from it, so I do not think she is losing any sleep. I was only curious why you focus so much negative energy on someone who does not know you exist. I know people have their favorite players but your rants seem extreme. You even try bullying techniques to get your point across. You call people idiots but that show little things make you crazy. Nancy has her right to her opinion and you do also. But when someone question you, you seem to lash out. Can you have a conversation without belittling someone?
Italain Stallion

Kanata, Canada

#13 Jul 5, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have class? You call me black even though I am not. You act like you personally know Roger. Serena is not poor, far from it, so I do not think she is losing any sleep. I was only curious why you focus so much negative energy on someone who does not know you exist. I know people have their favorite players but your rants seem extreme. You even try bullying techniques to get your point across. You call people idiots but that show little things make you crazy. Nancy has her right to her opinion and you do also. But when someone question you, you seem to lash out. Can you have a conversation without belittling someone?
These comments aren't even worth responding to. " I personally act like I know Roger ". Ok what kind of drugs are you on????? When did I say Serena was poor? Where do you get this stuff? Good bye loser!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cristiano Ronaldo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Rooney has 10 million followers on Twitter Oct '14 henryball 1
Champions League: Everything you need to know Sep '14 ucuz nakliyat 1
Liverpool's Steven Gerrard immortalised in oil ... Aug '14 Having a laff 1
Firefighters in Wales set for fresh strikes thi... (May '14) May '14 councillor same r... 1
Cristiano Ronaldo NAKED: Penis Slip Flip Flop!!... (Nov '12) Dec '13 fhdfhsde4567347 2
El Clasico 2013: Barcelona vs. Real Madrid Star... (Oct '13) Oct '13 jose vera 1
Perez Upset Over Unrest Following Ozil's Sale T... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Black Racist 1
More from around the web