Endless LGBT Summer Fun in San Francisco

Jun 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

As a true gay Mecca, San Francisco can sometimes overwhelm visitors with its vast number of activities which appeal to the LGBT community.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2012

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Jul 1, 2012
And in the desert here in Arizona, the temperature has plunged all the way down to 98 degrees !

:)

“Dont reelect useless politicos”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 1, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
And in the desert here in Arizona, the temperature has plunged all the way down to 98 degrees !
:)
I have never been there but love the desert wildlife and would love to hear coyotes.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Jul 1, 2012
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been there but love the desert wildlife and would love to hear coyotes.
I have 4 cats. I live in the desert about 10 miles north of teh center of Tucson. I have been cautioned by many here NOT to let any of my cats outside because of the local wildlife. I am told that we have coyotes, bobcats, and javelina right here in the neighborhood and tey WILL kill cats. Unfortunately I have neot seen any of those animals. The only animals I've really seen here are geckos and bats. And contrary to what I thought geckos looked like, they are NOT green like on the tv commercials, but rather brown, very small and very fast.

I hope to move out of this apartment and into a house this August or September. My house in New York is presently in contract, but the closing has not taken place yet.

So my biggest cat, who's also a long-haired cat, and is named "Grayson" (from "Tom Dooley") is always very unhappy and very vocal about wanting to go outside. But I've been told by people here it's too dangerous to let him outside.

“Dont reelect useless politicos”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 1, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 4 cats. I live in the desert about 10 miles north of teh center of Tucson. I have been cautioned by many here NOT to let any of my cats outside because of the local wildlife. I am told that we have coyotes, bobcats, and javelina right here in the neighborhood and tey WILL kill cats. Unfortunately I have neot seen any of those animals. The only animals I've really seen here are geckos and bats. And contrary to what I thought geckos looked like, they are NOT green like on the tv commercials, but rather brown, very small and very fast.
I hope to move out of this apartment and into a house this August or September. My house in New York is presently in contract, but the closing has not taken place yet.
So my biggest cat, who's also a long-haired cat, and is named "Grayson" (from "Tom Dooley") is always very unhappy and very vocal about wanting to go outside. But I've been told by people here it's too dangerous to let him outside.
We have the common arboreal house gecko here which is what you have but in the desert you have several types of little land dwelling geckos .

We do have the green types which are African day geckos ,introduced exotic species mostly found in Key west.

" I have been cautioned by many here NOT to let any of my cats outside because of the local wildlife. I am told that we have coyotes, bobcats, and javelina right here in the neighborhood and tey WILL kill cats"

Eventually you will see or hear them and imagine few snakes.

A friend lives in Nevada and his neighbors cat was killed by a bobcat , they know it was not a coyote because it would have carried it away and eaten it.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Jul 1, 2012
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the common arboreal house gecko here which is what you have but in the desert you have several types of little land dwelling geckos .
We do have the green types which are African day geckos ,introduced exotic species mostly found in Key west.
" I have been cautioned by many here NOT to let any of my cats outside because of the local wildlife. I am told that we have coyotes, bobcats, and javelina right here in the neighborhood and tey WILL kill cats"
Eventually you will see or hear them and imagine few snakes.
A friend lives in Nevada and his neighbors cat was killed by a bobcat , they know it was not a coyote because it would have carried it away and eaten it.
I've only lived here 6 months. I lived upstate New York the past 2 years. Back in 2010, while putting food out for the numerous stray cats near my house, I regualrly had a group of foxes stop by a few times aweek at night and eat the leftover catfood I put out. They are extremely cute, but VERY timid creatures. My sister lived about 5 miles from me, with a bib piece of property, and she would often see coyotes, wolves and deer on her property.

I live in Oro Valley, about 10 miles north of the center of Tucson, and I have read in the Tucson newspaper, that even within the city limites, coyotes have been killing a large amount of cats in the city.

Manhattan and The Bronx has had coyotes for quite a few years now. A few years ago, The Daily News published a photo of a coyote sitting on the corner of 5th Avenue & 42nd Street, with busy New Yorkers walking by it, not realizing it was a coyote.

How the deer get to Fire Island is a mystery to me. I have always heard that they swim across Great South Bay to get to Fire Island, but I've always foudn taht hard to believe. The last time I went to Fire Island was Memorial Day, 1990. After the death of my fiancee, I never went back.

“Dont reelect useless politicos”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Jul 1, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've only lived here 6 months. I lived upstate New York the past 2 years. Back in 2010, while putting food out for the numerous stray cats near my house, I regualrly had a group of foxes stop by a few times aweek at night and eat the leftover catfood I put out. They are extremely cute, but VERY timid creatures. My sister lived about 5 miles from me, with a bib piece of property, and she would often see coyotes, wolves and deer on her property.
I live in Oro Valley, about 10 miles north of the center of Tucson, and I have read in the Tucson newspaper, that even within the city limites, coyotes have been killing a large amount of cats in the city.
Manhattan and The Bronx has had coyotes for quite a few years now. A few years ago, The Daily News published a photo of a coyote sitting on the corner of 5th Avenue & 42nd Street, with busy New Yorkers walking by it, not realizing it was a coyote.
How the deer get to Fire Island is a mystery to me. I have always heard that they swim across Great South Bay to get to Fire Island, but I've always foudn taht hard to believe. The last time I went to Fire Island was Memorial Day, 1990. After the death of my fiancee, I never went back.
I have seen some stunning gray foxes here but never saw any in NY , Bayside, Queens.
Did see coyotes crossing the cross island pkwy late at night once in awhile.
Had no idea that wolves in upstate NY.

I love NY but hate the cold. I do think that in a year or two will be back unless move to Key west but work there is limited , love the heat in Miami but most of the people here I can do without.
I am not going further north in the state.

"After the death of my fiancee, I never went back."

My condolences.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Jul 1, 2012
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen some stunning gray foxes here but never saw any in NY , Bayside, Queens.
Did see coyotes crossing the cross island pkwy late at night once in awhile.
Had no idea that wolves in upstate NY.
I love NY but hate the cold. I do think that in a year or two will be back unless move to Key west but work there is limited , love the heat in Miami but most of the people here I can do without.
I am not going further north in the state.
"After the death of my fiancee, I never went back."
My condolences.
I'm born in Brooklyn and lived in New York more than 50 years. I moved from New York 1 year ago this month. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was the awful winter and spring we had upstate New York (I lived on Long Island for 50+ years) in 2010 - 2011. After that winter, I decided to move to warmer climes.

I first moved to Albuquerque and lived there for 5 months, but the winter proved to cold and snowy for me. So I moved here to Oro Valley, Arizona (about 10 miles north of the center of Tucson) on December 30, 2011. Weather has been BEAUTIFUL here nearly every single day I been here. And only an inch of rain so far all year. Temperature is 80 degrees here now.:) Lot of bats here though. LOL

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Jul 1, 2012
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen some stunning gray foxes here but never saw any in NY , Bayside, Queens.
Did see coyotes crossing the cross island pkwy late at night once in awhile.
Had no idea that wolves in upstate NY.
I love NY but hate the cold. I do think that in a year or two will be back unless move to Key west but work there is limited , love the heat in Miami but most of the people here I can do without.
I am not going further north in the state.
"After the death of my fiancee, I never went back."
My condolences.
By chance, when i was planning to move form upstate New York to the American couthwest last years, my sister, who lived 5 miles from me, sold her house and decided to move to Florida. She lives just north of Tampa now. She wanted me to move near her, but for a number of reasons, I decided to move 2100 miles southwest to Arizona.

Florida has too many hurricanes amongst other reasons. Here in the desert, the weather is always nice, and dry, and haven't heard of ANY bad storms, or fires (like in Colorado now) at all here. And for the first time in my life, I live in a place that has Palm trees lining the streets.:)

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#9 Jul 1, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
By chance, when i was planning to move form upstate New York to the American couthwest last years, my sister, who lived 5 miles from me, sold her house and decided to move to Florida. She lives just north of Tampa now. She wanted me to move near her, but for a number of reasons, I decided to move 2100 miles southwest to Arizona.
Florida has too many hurricanes amongst other reasons. Here in the desert, the weather is always nice, and dry, and haven't heard of ANY bad storms, or fires (like in Colorado now) at all here. And for the first time in my life, I live in a place that has Palm trees lining the streets.:)
looks like you're sister is the smart one in the 29 years I lived just north of Tampa seen 3 hurricanes that left less impact than tropical storm Debbie's 14 inches of rain did

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Jul 1, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like you're sister is the smart one in the 29 years I lived just north of Tampa seen 3 hurricanes that left less impact than tropical storm Debbie's 14 inches of rain did
That tropical storm dumped a lot of rain and caused a lot of flooding near her. She moved to Land O' Lakes.

I prefer Arizona to Florida.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#11 Jul 1, 2012
Like I said your sister is smarter than you

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#12 Jul 1, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm born in Brooklyn and lived in New York more than 50 years. I moved from New York 1 year ago this month. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back was the awful winter and spring we had upstate New York (I lived on Long Island for 50+ years) in 2010 - 2011. After that winter, I decided to move to warmer climes.
I first moved to Albuquerque and lived there for 5 months, but the winter proved to cold and snowy for me. So I moved here to Oro Valley, Arizona (about 10 miles north of the center of Tucson) on December 30, 2011. Weather has been BEAUTIFUL here nearly every single day I been here. And only an inch of rain so far all year. Temperature is 80 degrees here now.:) Lot of bats here though. LOL
All right, we GET it, there a lot of bats in your neighborhood, good lord can you rant and rave any MORE on some tedious topic or not?

I find the fact that you are so worried about bats very telling, so are you worried about them interbreeding with the bats in your BELFRY?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 min RiccardoFire 200,667
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 21 min Helms-enator 55,131
IoE: Internet of Earthquakes? 2 hr biz 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr papersup 15,974
20 years pass since Long Beach Unifieda s histo... 6 hr Seth Ashford 1
Banned film resurfaces 90 years after San Franc... (Aug '11) 7 hr hollyweird zion 2
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr memo maddnes 5,020
•••

San Francisco News Video

•••
San Francisco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Francisco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Francisco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

San Francisco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Francisco
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••