The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
91,021 - 91,040 of 244,106 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The Real Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Really is all you do copy and paste stuff all day and nite?
I know, right! It's so much more important and informative to trade insults, talk about who manipulates the silly "Judge Its", and who has had their account banned.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Inmates get help preparing for release
Facing an influx of inmates from state prisons, San Francisco authorities are taking steps to help convicts being transferred under California's realignment program return to the community.
Release more: http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Inmates-g...
The only help an illegal should get upon release is a one way bus or plane ticket back to where they came from.
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The White House Court Jesters of Sequester
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2013

Traffic alert: There’s a massive clown car pileup in the Beltway. And with the White House court jesters of sequester behind the wheel, no one is safe. Fiscal sanity, of course, is the ultimate victim.

President Obama has been warning America that if Congress allows mandatory spending “cuts” of a piddly-widdly 2 percent to go into effect this week, the sky will fall. The manufactured crisis of “sequestration” was Obama’s idea in the first place.

But that hasn’t stopped the Chicken Little in Chief from surrounding himself with every last teacher, senior citizen and emergency responder who will be catastrophically victimized by hardhearted Republicans. Curses on those meanie Republicans! How dare they acquiesce to the very plan for “cuts”— or rather, negligible reductions in the explosive rate of federal spending growth — that Obama himself hatched?

Remove spaces in link cuz Topix hates Michelle Malkin:http://michellemalkin.c om/2013/02/27/the-white-house- court-jesters-of-sequester/
Snake Eyes

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
The only help an illegal should get upon release is a one way bus or plane ticket back to where they came from.
Texas farmers roll the dice with spring planting

When I drive out in the country this time of year I think of Vegas, where the high rollers gamble their stake for a winning bet.

No bright lights, rustling crowds and the whir of slot machines in Central Texas. Instead, I see red and green tractors and a variety of farm equipment. It’s a different kind of gambling and farmers have anted up all winter, developing their game plan, preparing the land and laying down fertilizer. Now it’s time to go all-in and the rumble of high-powered machinery could be heard this weekend as farmers dropped seed into the ground.

Seed more: http://www.agprofessional.com/news/Commentary...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I know we're not exactly friends or anything, but I just sent a PM to your account.
If you get the notification of that message in your email click on it and see if it takes you to your account here on Topix.
Unless Topix has some kind of problem with the email address/provider you've been using I don't know what the problem could be.
You might check the status of your email account too. The problem could be on that end.
That's about all I can think of.
Very nice of you Jax.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

BOB WOODWARD: Obama Is Showing 'A Kind Of Madness I Haven't Seen In A Long Time'

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-o...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I almost hate to do this considering the fact that this is as close to a reasonable exchange the two of us have had in weeks, but I have one real problem with the plans they are discussing.
Both the president's proposals and those of the republican senators include a path to citizenship and I am opposed to that idea.
Opposed in all situations or specific ones?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Obama is endangering American citizens by releasing criminals to make a political point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Apparently the last 2 years have gone right down the memory-hole for Democrat strategist and NPR favorite Donna Brazile.

The Tea Party rallies, the protests, the revised and then revised again CBO reports warning about the unforseen costs of Obamacare, and the dirth of studies detailing the impact the unwanted legislation on insurance premiums and employment hours.

Brazile tweeted this:

Just got off the phone with my health care provider asking them to explain why my premium jumped up. No good answer!

No good answer? How about this: Obamacare blows. She probably believed Obamacare would lower her premiums while paying for itself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
BOB WOODWARD: Obama Is Showing 'A Kind Of Madness I Haven't Seen In A Long Time'
Unbelievable!!!!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Opposed in all situations or specific ones?
Most.

I don't have a problem with the younger illegal immigrants that were brought here as children, have grown up here and know America as their only home, but most of the adults did not come here looking for citizenship, they came here for economic reasons and they did it illegally.

I can understand the need for adjusted status, we are simply not going to deport millions of foreign nationals and if they are going to be here they need to be brought into the system, pay taxes and all of that, but citizenship seems like a step too far.

Whatever solution we come up with has to include measures to prevent the next wave of illegal immigration. Border security is part of that, but we need to make it clear that if you ignore our laws and come here illegally you will not become a citizen.

I still see that as privilege that should only be extended to those who see it for the honor that it is and are willing to do what the law requires to attain it.

There may be exceptions if we get into the details, but I am still opposed to extending citizenship for most of the people that came here illegally.
whatthehey

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
Why Are Democrats Worried About Sequestration Hurting Our Economy?
Don't they remember this?
Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs
Talking to reporters, the House speaker was defending a jobless benefits extension against those who say it gives recipients little incentive to work. By her reasoning, those checks are helping give somebody a job.
"It injects demand into the economy," Pelosi said, arguing that when families have money to spend it keeps the economy churning. "It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name."
Pelosi said the aid has the "double benefit" of helping those who lost their jobs and acting as a "job creator" on the side.
There you have it, folks. The self-proclaimed brilliance of the political left.
Exactly...therein lies so many wrong policies and regulations with, THAT mentality!
Liberals Own It

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Gleefully Admits To Using Edited Video To Smear GOP

By Jeffrey Meyer | February 27, 2013 | 12:27
MSNBC’s propensity to selectively edit video to smear conservatives has reached a new low. Speaking on her self-titled show on February 21, host Rachel Maddow openly admitted to playing edited footage of Senator John McCain to smear the Arizona Republican.

Speaking last week, Maddow aired footage of McCain addressing a constituent whose son was killed last year at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, who spoke to Senator McCain about her belief that “These assault weapons allow a shooter to fire many rounds without having to reload. These weapons do not belong on our streets.”[See video after jump. MP3 audio here.]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/20...
whatthehey

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

QUOTE OF THE DECADE - wrote:
The Quote of the Decade:
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that,'the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Thank you sir for that brilliant piece or oratory, so why don't you practise what you preach, hmmm? Instead of traveling the country in your constant campaign mode for harboreging fear for political expediency -- with vacations and golf sprinkled in for good measure.
We've got a debt crises of 17 TRILLION DOLLARS, with over 4 BILLION added each and every day. Not to mention, SPENDING A TRILLION DOLLARS more than we take in each year!!!
Emperor 'Zero'- Rome is burning, while you fiddle....
...TOO many will not see it until TOO late! Almost there now- UNLESS...??
Conservative American

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
I guess my question is: why do we need to send the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf in the first place?

Is America in imminent danger if we don't?
Or is just more media hype that will do nothing but further place a wedge between us Americans?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

In the partial government shutdown during his presidency, Bill Clinton and his officials told some tall tales and sketched dark scenarios that didn't come to pass, though some might have if the crisis had lasted weeks or months longer. The shutdown played out over two installments totaling 26 days from mid-November 1995 to early January 1996.

National park properties closed (yes, even the Washington Monument), passport and federal mortgage insurance processing were disrupted and toxic waste cleanup stalled as hundreds of thousands of federal workers went idle, paid retroactively later. But states, communities and private groups stepped up to tide over the neediest, keeping Meals on Wheels rolling with their own resources, for example, until Clinton found emergency money to cover the costs. Warnings that Medicare treatment would be withheld proved unfounded, and veterans got their care.

Contractors, who perform many key services for government, kept working for IOUs. A claim by the government that deportations "have virtually ended" was not so.

The Justice Department told the story of a Florida gas station rejecting the government-issued credit card of a drug-enforcement agent to illustrate the indignity of it all.

But the reality was humdrum: The card had merely expired.

http://news.yahoo.com/spin-meter-dubious-list...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

reacharoundrose wrote:
<quoted text>
The important thing is for the big banks to do well, don't you agree?
Major bank profits up 37% to $34.7 billion in 4Q, aren't you libs proud of how Obama is keeping the banks afloat with 0% money? Our money?
The fact that our financial system was not allowed to collapse is (overall) a good thing, but I've been pretty clear about the fact that I didn't like the way most of it was done.

You're so busy assigning labels and trying to place everybody on one side or the other that you've lost all perspective.
wraparoundjack

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

sun wrote:
<quoted text>I'll I stop bug ya jaxxon,this good old boy has 8 pugs,got go do some shit pickin.lol
Wrap around jack knows all about being buggered.
wraparoundrose

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a hummer. You don't have a v8 anything. You're a pathetic sickly coward trying to salvage any kind of self esteem you can muster by trolling people on Topix.
See if you can extract your own head from your rear, with your Upright hoover vaccum cleaner. Now that may be a possibility.
Rose won't sleep with you, repair your blow up doll. It's your only hope for gratification..
wraparoundrose

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>John C. Goodman is a libertarian economist and proponent of "for profit" health care. I don't support his views.
Morning, Janet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Science Forum right now

Search the Science Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 2 min Fat virgin loser 398
Boys & Girls Club teens use their first harvest... 1 hr Clinton 4
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Tinka 112,852
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr Shamma 199,646
'Back to the Stone Age' 6 hr SpaceBlues 1
The Climate Horse Race is a Statistical Tie 7 hr ApePeeD 1
Oxfam Joins The Global Warming Shakedown 18 hr SpaceBlues 1
•••
•••