Roane County elementary school students return to class Monday in new school

Aug 7, 2012 Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville

Nashville police say they are investigating the death of a 5-month-old baby found in a minivan outside a church in Donelson.

Full Story
Sara

AOL

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Starting way too early. Right in the dog days of Summer. The children should still be spending thier days playing and cooling off in the lake. Ask the teachers. They don't really have the childrens full attention until it cools off, long after school has started. So much could be saved in fuel and energy cost and applied to learning materials. Do the research. Finland is number 2 in the world when it comes to education. They don't even start thier children in school intil they are 7. They have shorter school days and years, yet they are ranked second in the world in education. South Korea is ranked first, but they begin education at a very young age,allow the children no free time and dedicate all time to education. They have very high sucicide rates among middle and high schoolers. Children have to grow up soon enough. Give them a nice long Summer to enjoy just being children.
Loving Grandmother

Oak Ridge, TN

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Speaking of school starting....The new Dillis Springs in Oliver Springs is a beautiful school but it is a nightmare!!! The traffic on the first day of school was the worst thing I've ever seen! I've had four children and a grandchild in the Oak Ridge School system and there has never been the issue with traffice like I've witnessed in that new school area! NEVER! I have two grandson's in that area school..one is still at the old middle school. I help by picking the children up for my daughter while she works and I'm telling you someone did not think this through. Poor parents and others who do the pick up at the new school! This should have been addressed way before they moved students there..What was the rush???
Just wonder...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 121,040
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min NTRPRNR1 270,309
Sec. of State John Kerry: Climate Change Causes... 54 min Mujahid 2
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... 2 hr Solarman 32
Rowan Atkinson's Cumbria hometown is best place... 3 hr K in Bristol 1
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr My socks 203,482
Two cigar shaped UFOs appear near the Internati... 4 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1

Science People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE