California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments (Page 168)

Showing posts 3,341 - 3,360 of4,559
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Black momma

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Trust me the earth is fine try out social theories on the streets of Compton watts any poor hood drugs and thugs trying to survive. xo do not care about the lost cat lost dog poor hiker poor me don't want to eat poor kids being bullied Solve problem keep the dog cat husband in the house take the no eating Missy to madea house wait until that who keeps bullying your kid like I did threaten him hold his throat while you speak to him (in a pee wee herman voice) have a nice dAy
Bazooka Joe

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Ooops aother plastic bag off the streets.
Calipo

Brazil, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

you mean I would have to use my on bag for free popcorn at Rural King? man u gays are sick...
SLO

Arroyo Grande, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Calipo wrote:
you mean I would have to use my on bag for free popcorn at Rural King? man u gays are sick...
Here we have an example of the type of folks in the flyover states who support Mitt Romney!! Be afraid, be very very afraid!!

Yank yank yank!!
DumbBar

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Just like the previous posts by the lost souls, who haven't understood the meaning
john r davidson

Fresno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

This should be funny. In 1990, my 4 year old daughter, used her ventilation, LAUGHED, and verbally spoke to me about it, as I visited her that weekend. A few days later, my 95 year old grandmother, did the SAME thing. Her too, LAUGHING out LOUD, about it. The difference, between the two types, is a WOMB. between the WOMBman, and a man, is the WOMB. When the Womb dries up, the body is the SAME. When the Nocturnal urge arises, the target is the Pinkeyed Rosebug. From a 4 year old, to the 95 year old. It will not wear out, and that is the only target, that men want. After spending HUNDREDS of USD at Macy's or Gottchocks, ALL of the money, was spent on the WRAPPERS. NOT the RED eyed CANDY, hehe.
QUOTE who ARIZONA WE LOVE YOU Just another way of reaching into my overly stretched butt hole in hopes taking a few more tax DOLLARS !!
They wont ban these bags but they are sure to attached a "Fee" aka TAX
It's a lot like the $8.00 additional Fee you play when purchasing a LCD Screen. They say its a recycling charge but the last I knew there was no redemption centers to get your money back when the stupid thing dies.
I say start dumpling your plastic bags into the ocean. Lets the sea life consume it. Fish love getting stuck in it like a mini-vacation
PROBLEM SOLVED CALIFORNIA.QUOTE
DumbBar

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

What is needed here is a plastic container.
for lorre

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

ji
DumbBar

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

How does this happen here with all the ignorant posting going on?

It should be illegal to text while stupid.
Lomez

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

DumbBar wrote:
How does this happen here with all the ignorant posting going on?
It should be illegal to text while stupid.
Calling the kettle black
DumbBar

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Not in the least, yet there is always hope.

“cudahy”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

DumbBar wrote:
Not in the least, yet there is always hope.
always !!
Pale Dago

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Now here is a law that needs to be nation wide. Don't the ass clowns in Calif have anything better to do?
BrandX

Adelanto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

George Clooney is queer
Zimba

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

What ever the bobble-heads say is all right for them, in the land of "them" it's OK too!

Them count a lot on their own echoes.
Edward Cervantes

Atwater, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

i lived in long beach Ca and i had to buy every bag i used if i didn't then i had to pay 10 cents per bag... i think it time that we are american start getting with it the rest of the world uses reusable shopping bags and dont bitch why can Americans.... there is a plus side to it .. if you only have a few bags you know what it cost to fill them up so it help on money ..
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Edward Cervantes wrote:
i lived in long beach Ca and i had to buy every bag i used if i didn't then i had to pay 10 cents per bag... i think it time that we are american start getting with it the rest of the world uses reusable shopping bags and dont bitch why can Americans.... there is a plus side to it .. if you only have a few bags you know what it cost to fill them up so it help on money ..
Edward Cervantes.

Yes. You are exactly right. Like all the silly schemes the revolutionary ruling political element cooks up, the Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax proponents conceal half the truth. For example the Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax that revolutionary Long Beach Council imposes on the mostly poor residents of the city helps the bottom line of their pals, the greedy unionized grocery moguls.

Revolutionary Council would have us believe Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax will save an occasional fish who - unlike his more intelligent fellows - doesn't have enough sense to avoid dining on secondhand tree-saving plastic grocery bags. Like all "Forward!" schemes the revolutionaries,*(now in power)* come up with, once the Lowenthal harassment tax is accepted by increasingly impoverished minority of city residents who do not pay for their groceries with taxpayer funded food stamps, the next step will be to criminalize competitive orientated non-unionized grocers who offer free paper grocery bags to their customers.

Then, the object of the revolutionaries' will come into focus. "REUSABLE" grocery bags which are promoted by greedy unionized grocers are subject to the burdensome California sales tax, a heavy tax burden that high priced unionized grocery moguls are more than happy to collect for their politician buddies. Of course, this does not even scratch the surface. How much oil based fertilizer will be needed to replenish the land that is being depleted in order to grow the cotton that is used to manufacture those "reusable" and heavily taxed disease spreading grocery bags? How much baby killing CO2 will spewn into the atmosphere as a result?

Source: http://tinyurl.com/7njcwqf

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9uvfzmc

Source: http://tinyurl.com/27rrzcv

Ronald
FlyingHorse

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Watch out for the soft rocks fallingon your head from the flyingHorse. There might be plastic bags mixed in with the soft rocks.
JustSayin

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Does anybody remember when the grocery stores use to recycle their boxes by putting your groceries in them? Thus "box boys". Now who couldn't use a box over and over again. Costco is kinda good about that, and I always like it when I get a really good box!
FlyingHorse

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Flying horse apples.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,341 - 3,360 of4,559
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

San Mateo News Video

•••
•••

San Mateo Jobs

•••
•••
•••

San Mateo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••