Man suing Pacifica to force notification to residents of trash fee increases

May 16, 2010 Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel 7

A Pacifica man is suing the city to prevent officials from voting to raise trash fees without notifying residents, which he says would violate the California Constitution.

Read more

Since: Mar 08

Alameda, CA

#1 May 16, 2010
The new service is great! I'd gladly pay the extra fee to continue service as it is. Ask away!
Danielle

Pacifica, CA

#2 Jun 23, 2010
Good for you! I wish more people would step up like you are. Recology is damaging our city--from higher rates, to a raise in unemployment (they laid off most of the Coastside employees, yet they are providing FAR less services for MORE MONEY!)

GOOD LUCK- I hope you win in court.
Danielle

Pacifica, CA

#3 Jun 23, 2010
ptboat527 wrote:
The new service is great! I'd gladly pay the extra fee to continue service as it is. Ask away!
Great service?! What are you talking about. My trash doesn't get picked up until 5pm sometimes now. I am paying more for lower quality and less services.

Since: Mar 08

Daly City, CA

#4 Jul 5, 2010
What difference does the time of pickup make? 7*24 hours = 7 * 24 hrs.

As for cost, the mini can is pretty darn cheap...and I have yet to fill it in a week. Most goes in the big 'free' cans.

Recology...part of the SOLUTION...not the PROBLEM.
Danielle wrote:
<quoted text>
Great service?! What are you talking about. My trash doesn't get picked up until 5pm sometimes now. I am paying more for lower quality and less services.

Since: May 12

Brisbane, CA

#5 May 17, 2012
ptboat527 wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does the time of pickup make? 7*24 hours = 7 * 24 hrs.

As for cost, the mini can is pretty darn cheap...and I have yet to fill it in a week. Most goes in the big 'free' cans.

Recology...part of the SOLUTION...not the PROBLEM.
wow no it is not. We are pretty high compared to the bay area an our rates are scheduled to increase (indefinite) without a stop to the rate process with NorCal (the real name of NorCal) remember they were the crooked company who cheated SJ and got a mayor kicked out of office. Seriously think before u talk. The company came into Pacifica by buying a dying company with only two years left on a contract that the city was questioning to put out to bid. But that never happened and the company just got a long contract. Suspisous as that is usually done through bribes. Why else wouldn't the city try to get new or better service or cheaper same service!

Since: May 12

Brisbane, CA

#6 May 17, 2012
ptboat527 wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does the time of pickup make? 7*24 hours = 7 * 24 hrs.

As for cost, the mini can is pretty darn cheap...and I have yet to fill it in a week. Most goes in the big 'free' cans.

Recology...part of the SOLUTION...not the PROBLEM.
NorCal is the PROBLEM not the Solution!!!!

Since: Mar 08

Sunnyvale, CA

#7 May 26, 2012
We're talking PEANUTS here. In fact, our sewer bills just went up again...and I sure don't like to use a shovel.

The way some people scoff at the cost of basic services makes me wonder just how grounded in reality they really are. We live in the most expensive region of America.

Shell it out...or grab a shovel.
New2theonliething57 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow no it is not. We are pretty high compared to the bay area an our rates are scheduled to increase (indefinite) without a stop to the rate process with NorCal (the real name of NorCal) remember they were the crooked company who cheated SJ and got a mayor kicked out of office. Seriously think before u talk. The company came into Pacifica by buying a dying company with only two years left on a contract that the city was questioning to put out to bid. But that never happened and the company just got a long contract. Suspisous as that is usually done through bribes. Why else wouldn't the city try to get new or better service or cheaper same service!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone need a good dog walker (May '07) Mar 25 chicagodawg 46
Review: Cathy Jean Shoes (Jan '09) Mar 23 Shoe Collector 84
Clash of clans Feb 27 Clash of Clans Forum 1
News Tesla gearing up for release of batteries for t... Feb 26 Solarman 1
Black Seadevil caught on camera at depths of 1,... Feb '15 MR BEN 1
Review: Add Behavioral Medical Clinic - Harry D... (Oct '09) Feb '15 timotan 18
An idea for keeping the adult school where it is Feb '15 perfect fuckker79 2
San Mateo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

San Mateo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]