Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,316)

Showing posts 126,301 - 126,320 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Justa me

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Anyone But Obamma in 2012 !!
Buttered pancakes

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Nobody wrote:
homosexuality/gay marriage is being pushed by people who's history where homosexuality and child love were the norm.(the Greeks and the Romans) Gay marriage now........in 20 yrs it will be child love laws. Why do you think they are so lenient on child molesters and once they are released they have all types of resources for them (halfways houses and such) Most of your child molesters are white (men/women) teachers, preists, coaches and club leaders. Go to any sexual molester/offender list and you see who the number one offender is. Notice how they keep that real quiet though. Gay marriage is just the beginning of an agenda (tip of the iceberg)
Some free education.

Non one, gay or straight, outside of men raping their own daughters and Father Phonies making moves on the altar boy is really keen abuot pedophiles.

Hence the term.

So if you're against little kiddy grabbing monsters thinking 7 year olds make for the best dates you've got a lot of company including gays so it that's truly your angst let me tell you it's shared and by bashing gays you're shitting on potential allies in the fight against Chesters.
Buttered pancakes

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Gotta go to sleep. Night peeps. Be good. Don't steal, pee on your neighbors daisies, scare old ladies into wetting their Depends or cheat on your taxes. For more than 4 years in a row. God loves us all.
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Justa me wrote:
Anyone But Obamma in 2012 !!
And anybody but you troll boy,any time!LOL, As far as Obama goes,and although I'm not a big Obama fan it will be the very same outcome as 2008! You're an idiot if you don't see the writing on the wall,same as SSM,it's coming also! I guess we'll really hear you sniveling and whining come November! Perhaps you should slither away now? Maybe save a little face perhaps and not sound like such a LYING blow hard? LOL
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Buttered pancakes wrote:
Gotta go to sleep. Night peeps. Be good. Don't steal, pee on your neighbors daisies, scare old ladies into wetting their Depends or cheat on your taxes. For more than 4 years in a row. God loves us all.
Good night John boy! LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
If we'd held a ballot for Civil Rights in Alabama in, say, 1962, would the majority of the citizens have voted yes or no?
If we'd held a ballot for Black's Rights after the Civil War, would the majority of the South have voted yes or no?
Discriminated cultures gaining rights has never come from putting things to a ballot. We are a representative republic, and we choose who represents us.
You're an idiot. It doesn't matter how they would have voted. We are not subservient to the Federal Government, the Federal Government derives its power from the State and the People. The States are and always have been free to leave the Union, many of them wrote that directly into their ratification's, that is why we have the Bill of Rights.

You really need to learn some history. Good ole Abe didn't give a damn about the slaves, he just didn't want the Union to be dissolved, and he abused his power left and right to ensure that didn't happen.

But hey, if you want to keep living the fantasy of what your teacher told you, rather than educate yourself, that is your choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not reading.
I'm defending what I write and you are stuck on my humorous exploitation of a typo.
To put it in your words:
<quoted text>
Yes, you defend your opinion with your opinion.

I prefer to use facts and the actual words of those who drafted the document. You prefer to live in your fantasy world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Buttered pancakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot??
Friend....what else do you have to say???
You've been in here for what....YEARS????
LOL!!!
Is that your best attempt? Sad really.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Buttered pancakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually ten countries currently allow gay marriage.
You are free to move to one of them.
George

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

I'll tell ya dude.

We (people of colored minorities) have won by "Occupation".

We have mingled with your children.

They are now ours. We marry your daughters and sons. They have Our children. Then "WE" teach them to accept "US". We win again.

When "they" your children accept us, they also what we teach them. We win again.

Gringos are so "STUPID", they don't even know when they have lost their Country !

Your Government. Pays, Us billions of dollars to Occupy America. An "IT" your Government buys "US" groceries.

Your government pays "US" retirement,

Not only "THAT", "IT" (your Government) pays "US" Billions of dollars in a seperate Program for free medical, while "WE" (the minority) "Occupy",(your Land).

It is "Clear" the "Caucasions" (a group identified as white Humans) have "Lost".

We win again.

Problem "IS", "They" (the Caucasions) are so stupid "THEY" have not figured out,

that,

"THEY" have lost their "COUNTRY"...

On topix This "TRUTH" is not their cup of Tea...
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
He thinks it's just about the sex.....and it's not!!!
I would really like to spend some time in your household to see if what you claim is really true !! I'll sleep on a cott in your bedroom ok ???
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I truly don't believe you do.......and yes, Same-Sex Couples who are legally married are EXACTLY the same as any other legally married couple......THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY REASONING.......the ability to procreate is truly irrelevant.
NOT!!... Does your wife constantly tell you to put the toilet seat down ???? LMAO
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife guards my heart more than their her own and I like wise do the same for her:-)
We both are there through the good times and the bad, we don't make excuses for anything and we are constantly there for each other.
We have made a lifelong commitment again throughout our very life existence and because we are soul mates, our spirits are very much in tune with each other.
My wife is certainly very familiar with my soul's secrets as she has intimate knowledge of them through out our very existences.......we are soul mates and have vowed to be with each other through this lifetime and beyond.
The rest of your post will find the same response as the ones I've already made comments to........and yes, a "REAL" Marriage is not about my needs being met or fulfilled, but that we each are able to meet and fulfill the other's needs.....and we do.
Again, just because we are 2 women, we still have our own uniqueness and we still must learn what makes the other tick in order to take care all of the things that our spouse needs from us.
You believe that only a man and a woman have special uniqueness that the other doesn't have, but that is also just a small portion of what makes a marriage a marriage.
In my opinion one of the most important aspect of a marriage is to NEVER TAKE YOUR SPOUSE FOR GRANTED OR THE RELATIONSHIP......obviously that happens way to much in an opposite-sex marriage........possibly why the divorce rate is so high.
Oh and another thing.......many people search a lifetime for their soul mate......I was lucky enough to find mine and have the opportunity to marry her and make her my wife:-)
Your marriage is very unique; it sounds like a fairy tale. I believe even SSM has a high divorce rate or as equal to a heterosexual one. After such a nice story, yours is still NOT the same,and America sees it too, but keep on thinking it. What ever makes you happy
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Buttered pancakes wrote:
<quoted text>
Real good.
Broke & working my ass off and scratching lottery tickets when I can find a dollar in change but good.
You too - I'll have to call.
Do you serve Buttered pancakes some where in "old Sac" ?? It must be tough depending on tips from cheap ass politicians huh ??
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Buttered pancakes wrote:
KiMare is sleeping.
SSSSHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
It took his momma this long to get enough cherry flavored Nyquil in the boy and under his Star Wars quilt to get the little man to stop ranting about why stop signs should be square, cat hair makes the best swaeaters and why gays should not blow kisses to each other.
It sounds like the butter went to your head
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Buttered pancakes wrote:
And the people in here thing you are just being funny, you think you are just being funny, but in reality you are being honest about yourself, we see right through you. Hide in plain sight. If you can afford it go seek some medical help you need it

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
So you're saying that marriage's purpose is to reproduce? OKAY. Just a question, though. After taking a couple minutes to look on [URL deleted], I still have yet to find where they describe in explicit detail that reproduction is the main purpose of marriage. Can you find it? Because I sure can't.(Also, why can sterile people get married then?)
Not just reproduce, marriage also helps raise children.

How would Ed stop sterile people from getting married?

The left is just full of bad ideas.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
....yet, you tell me that my marriage is different from their based STRICTLY on their supposed ability to procreate....
Really? Where did I say that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is quite nice. It also describes the relationship between the two ladies living next door.
It is clear you missed the essence of 'one'.

You thought I was referring to the other member of a marriage.

There was a moment in time when male and female first appeared from genderless life forms. Marriage models that earliest evolutionary existence, that pre-gender life form. The return to 'one' by a male and female.

A SS couple never can.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife guards my heart more than their her own and I like wise do the same for her:-)
We both are there through the good times and the bad, we don't make excuses for anything and we are constantly there for each other.
We have made a lifelong commitment again throughout our very life existence and because we are soul mates, our spirits are very much in tune with each other.
My wife is certainly very familiar with my soul's secrets as she has intimate knowledge of them through out our very existences.......we are soul mates and have vowed to be with each other through this lifetime and beyond.
The rest of your post will find the same response as the ones I've already made comments to........and yes, a "REAL" Marriage is not about my needs being met or fulfilled, but that we each are able to meet and fulfill the other's needs.....and we do.
Again, just because we are 2 women, we still have our own uniqueness and we still must learn what makes the other tick in order to take care all of the things that our spouse needs from us.
You believe that only a man and a woman have special uniqueness that the other doesn't have, but that is also just a small portion of what makes a marriage a marriage.
In my opinion one of the most important aspect of a marriage is to NEVER TAKE YOUR SPOUSE FOR GRANTED OR THE RELATIONSHIP......obviously that happens way to much in an opposite-sex marriage........possibly why the divorce rate is so high.
Oh and another thing.......many people search a lifetime for their soul mate......I was lucky enough to find mine and have the opportunity to marry her and make her my wife:-)
Read my response to Winston.

A SS couple can never achieve the complexity and diversity of 'oneness' that a marriage creates. There is no comparison with any other relationship.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 126,301 - 126,320 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the San Jose Forum right now

Search the San Jose Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 min Bag itts 4,553
Just Sayin 2 hr guest 28
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr Activity 15,657
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
Immigration reform protest snarls downtown SF, ... Apr 13 Jose 35
San Jose man, Santa Cruz lawyer arrested in S.F... (Mar '10) Apr 13 -GraduateSchoolReporter- 14
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••

San Jose News Video

•••
•••

San Jose Jobs

•••
•••
•••

San Jose People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••