Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201808 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142059 May 22, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keeping it on yer level Frank. I try not to use big werds cause it makes yer pour head hurt.
Now fer the hard question Frank, have you ever met Mona? Oh one more thing, just because you deny your sexuality does not change it. YUK YUK YUK
There is nothing wrong with being gay, in fact it looks like fun. If I were gay I'd celebrate it and enjoy it. You on the other hand seem to be having trouble coming out. It's too bad, it makes you mean and nasty. Not to mention uneducated and a very poor speller.

No, I have never met Mona Lott aka Aida Lott aka Sue Wee. I've seen him in his YouTube videos though:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist...
David

San Rafael, CA

#142062 May 22, 2012
The Constitution protects against the tyranny of the majority. If not women would not vote and slaves would not be free. Not comparing the issues just pointing out the value of and our obligation to abide by the Constitution.
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#142063 May 22, 2012
David wrote:
The Constitution protects against the tyranny of the majority. If not women would not vote and slaves would not be free. Not comparing the issues just pointing out the value of and our obligation to abide by the Constitution.
<quoted text>
correction: Tyranny of the Minority.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142064 May 22, 2012
Buttered pancakes wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
She's right.
Look at the elements of marriage. Mututal love, attraction and a willingness to commit to the institution of marriage.
Gays can do this.
Yeah the pedophiles & polygamists say the exact same thing about their sick lifestyles, & look what happened! The children they molest end up despising them. But that's not enough. You pervs have to create a child molestation organization that "promotes" pedophilia, called NAMBLA. I even heard the female faggots have a pedophilia organization of their own. AIDS spread like a wildfire in the 80s due to the homos' "Mututal love, attraction and a willingness to commit" to one another.

See what happens when you lack good morals & "tolerate" bad behavior? People die!!!!

Look at any dictionary, marriage is clearly defined as a union between a MAN and a WOMAN.

Also, let me just add - there have been thousands of civilizations and nations over the period of known human history. If homosexuality was normal, there would be at least someplace where it thrived and was widely accepted - and not as a brief, elitist fashion either, but as basic part of the culture. I know of none.

Modern secularists think they will create some kind of new society. They're absolutely wrong - its all been tried before, with the same results.

Queers destroy society
CA The Epitome of Stupid

AOL

#142065 May 22, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>correction: Tyranny of the Minority.
I beg to differ. Many liberal judges overturn what the "MAJORITY" of voters want and find "for" the minority.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142066 May 22, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, so why should we deny two mutually loving people of reasonable age the right to that foundational relationship?
Me & my dog have been together for over 5 years. We both love each other very much. We have been thinking about starting a family of our own despite our having different genes. But it's ok, because homos think "love has no gender", so I'm sure they will also approve "love has no species" or "love has no age" (aka pedophilia). And according to the State, as long as there's "love" I can marry whomever (or whatever) I want. Me & my dog are going to create a organization called BGSA (Bestiality-Gay-Straight Alliance) to push our agenda & we will be teaching the kids who "love" their pets are "born that way" & that there is a "bestiality gene" for those attracted to animals. The LGBT said they will fully support "love with no boundaries", so they will support our bestiality agenda

/sarcasm

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#142068 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
Me & my dog have been together for over 5 years. We both love each other very much. We have been thinking about starting a family of our own despite our having different genes. But it's ok, because homos think "love has no gender", so I'm sure they will also approve "love has no species" or "love has no age" (aka pedophilia). And according to the State, as long as there's "love" I can marry whomever (or whatever) I want. Me & my dog are going to create a organization called BGSA (Bestiality-Gay-Straight Alliance) to push our agenda & we will be teaching the kids who "love" their pets are "born that way" & that there is a "bestiality gene" for those attracted to animals. The LGBT said they will fully support "love with no boundaries", so they will support our bestiality agenda
/sarcasm
Of course, your dog is incapable of granting legal consent or entering into a legal contract. So, if you thought this was clever, you were wrong.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142070 May 22, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have any of those species recorded that opposite sex marriage is a right?
Honestly, do you people even bother to think about the droves of stupidty that you post?
Oh look another pervert!

Sorry but your "marriage" is a SHAM. You lack procreation, so you can't reproduce, so you lack the foundation of a true marriage. Most kids raised in a homosexual environment end up being homosexuals, & you're trying to tell us that's "normal"? What a joke.

Here's my defintion of a homosexual marriage:
Male faggot union: a household with a father, a step-father, & a surrogant mother who is never to be mentioned.

Female faggot union: a household with a mother, a step-mother, & a father who is never to mentioned.

You're kids are going to end up depraved & confused because the REAL parent isn't in your household, only your "partner". Wouldn't at all be surprised if your morals were twisted too, so I feel sorry for the "kids" you're going to have.

If a union contract means so much to you, then why don't you make a contract for you & your "partner" & have the state deal with your perverted affairs? Quit shoving your sexual retardation down everyone's throat. You ain't "normal" so your "love" is nothing more than an empty void of your hatred for women. Churches don't have to marry you if they don't want to, so just accept it!
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142071 May 22, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>correction: Tyranny of the Minority.
Freudian slip? YUK!YUK!YUK!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142072 May 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, your dog is incapable of granting legal consent or entering into a legal contract. So, if you thought this was clever, you were wrong.
Yes they can, with they're paw!
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142073 May 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that our animal friends cannot enter into a legal contract or give consent. It is also true that we don't need it. YUK!YUK!YUK!

Do you think the steer that provided his flesh for your dining pleasure ever signed a contract? How about those chicken wings? YUK!YUK!YUK!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#142074 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
Yes they can, with they're paw!
No, they cannot, the law does not recognize animals as having rights. in most jurisdictions they are classified as property.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#142075 May 22, 2012
CA The Epitome of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. Many liberal judges overturn what the "MAJORITY" of voters want and find "for" the minority.
beg to differ if you want. That's just the law.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142076 May 22, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My homosexuality is not the cause of any discrimination I experience.
Oh Plu-uezz. You're obviously gay because you hate women. Face it! You scare away all the vagina around you. I bet the only the reason why you are gay (or should I say "sexually confused" lol) is because you don't know how to talk to girls (& by "talk" I mean actually develop some mutual feelings with them). It explains your homosexual behavior perfectly! And gays say they are "born that way". Ha! That's both sad & pathetic
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142077 May 22, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude.
Homosexuality has been recorded in over 1500 species.
Homophobia has only been recorded in one.
Which one seems more logical to you?
The "homophobic" label is a sham

Disgust at the behavior is NOT a “phobia” or “fear”.
Neither is refusal to endorse the lifestyle or behavior a “phobia”.
Neither is it “hate”.

Start referring to liberals as TRUTHophobics!
...as they FEAR the TRUTH.

Race is immutable.
Same sex attraction is NOT.
Homosex is a behavior NOT a race or ethnicity.

The proof of the disorder is in the plumbing!
THAT makes it “unnatural”!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142078 May 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they cannot, the law does not recognize animals as having rights. in most jurisdictions they are classified as property.
My dog has the right to eat dog food whenever he shall please. He just has to place his paw in some stamp ink on a civil union contract.

LOL You don't seem to understand the satire behind these bestaility posts very well LOLOLOLOL

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#142079 May 22, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with being gay, in fact it looks like fun. If I were gay I'd celebrate it and enjoy it. You on the other hand seem to be having trouble coming out. It's too bad, it makes you mean and nasty. Not to mention uneducated and a very poor speller.
No, I have never met Mona Lott aka Aida Lott aka Sue Wee. I've seen him in his YouTube videos though:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist...
Ummm Frank if you have never met Mona, then how do you know its him? I don't think I am mean and nasty.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142080 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the pedophiles & polygamists say the exact same thing about their sick lifestyles, & look what happened! The children they molest end up despising them. But that's not enough. You pervs have to create a child molestation organization that "promotes" pedophilia, called NAMBLA. I even heard the female faggots have a pedophilia organization of their own. AIDS spread like a wildfire in the 80s due to the homos' "Mututal love, attraction and a willingness to commit" to one another.
See what happens when you lack good morals & "tolerate" bad behavior? People die!!!!
Look at any dictionary, marriage is clearly defined as a union between a MAN and a WOMAN.
Also, let me just add - there have been thousands of civilizations and nations over the period of known human history. If homosexuality was normal, there would be at least someplace where it thrived and was widely accepted - and not as a brief, elitist fashion either, but as basic part of the culture. I know of none.
Modern secularists think they will create some kind of new society. They're absolutely wrong - its all been tried before, with the same results.
Queers destroy society
A little clue before you shoot your neighbor's dog thinking it a wolf -

Gays are different than pedophiles, polygamists and those thinking a shaved goat makes for the best Friday night date.

With that one sentence I just shot your ignorant post to shit.

LOL!!!
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142081 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
/sarcasm
Same statements were made when interracial marriages were not allowed.

My wife isn't white by the way and I am.

Had you made this stement to me in person I would have rendered you a cripple but given you're a pussy who chooses to hide behind the safety of the internet it's just your lack of character that you can walk away with.

Good luck in life loser.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142082 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog has the right to eat dog food whenever he shall please. He just has to place his paw in some stamp ink on a civil union contract.
LOL You don't seem to understand the satire behind these bestaility posts very well LOLOLOLOL
They're understood.

They're understood as being immature and stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a lady’s travel guide 8 hr Long Wong 4
News Amgen Tour to bring lot of excitement but few t... 12 hr Reggie 14
That bandage affiliated for an adequate 21 hr FifaCoins 1
With Mad Men now 21 hr FifaCoins 1
Girly Girl With Cute Feet May 19 Don Feducci 6
News Roadshow: Parking in front of a neighbor's hous... (Aug '09) May 16 Suz 209
High Noon May 14 Steven Robinson 10
More from around the web

San Jose People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]