Gangs Invade Livermore For New Suburban Turf

Full story: cbs5.com 242
An outbreak of gang-related crimes in the once peaceful suburb of Livermore has police concerned the city's gang problem could be getting worse before it gets better."We're concerned that there's an escalation ... Full Story
dav510

United States

#241 May 17, 2010
livertmore PD is a joke. they need to stop harassing inocent people and start getting the real criminals. just because a person isnt a rich white person u automaticlly get pulled over for no reason. i got pulled over in front of my own house coming home from work. When i asked why he pulled me over he didnt answer. i gave him my info. he checked my shit and then asked me where i was going. I said home cant u see its on my information. i tell him " i hope u have something better to do then just harrass people because im not white" he replied "i hope u have something better to do" i said whats better then coming home from work." after that he took off cause he knew he f##ked up. im a hard working person i dont get in to trouble and i get harassed by these pigs WTF. ive been harassed about 5 times already and im getting sick of it. if i get harassed one more time im going to do something about it. they wont want to find out.
Livermore Person

United States

#242 May 18, 2010
Awww, poor baby. Sounds like you had a rough day at work and the wittle powice man made you all angwy!

Did you ever stop and think that you may have met some description of someone the police were looking for? Perhaps your car met a description? Let me guess: dark hair, brown skin, dark eyes, not too tall, probably Hispanic. If nothing happened and the police just check you out, what is the big deal? I hope you get "harassed" one more time so we can see what you are going to do about. I bet you sit there and take it like the French. Stop crying and be happy the police are in your neighborhood keeping it safe.
Anon

Dublin, CA

#243 May 18, 2010
dav510 wrote:
livertmore PD is a joke. they need to stop harassing inocent people and start getting the real criminals. just because a person isnt a rich white person u automaticlly get pulled over for no reason. i got pulled over in front of my own house coming home from work. When i asked why he pulled me over he didnt answer. i gave him my info. he checked my shit and then asked me where i was going. I said home cant u see its on my information. i tell him " i hope u have something better to do then just harrass people because im not white" he replied "i hope u have something better to do" i said whats better then coming home from work." after that he took off cause he knew he f##ked up. im a hard working person i dont get in to trouble and i get harassed by these pigs WTF. ive been harassed about 5 times already and im getting sick of it. if i get harassed one more time im going to do something about it. they wont want to find out.
What kind of car? Do you have a criminal record? Any gang involvement, even in the past? Maybe you just fit the profile or perhaps there was something wrong with the car, or like someone else said maybe they were looking for a suspect matching your description.

I would say that if you've been pulled over 5 times, you are probably doing *something*(behavior, appearance, car-related) to attract police attention. I'm a white guy but I've been pulled over plenty of times just because the cops want to write a ticket over something minor, like tint or no front plate or seatbelt or miscellaneous BS. Or, they see a fast modified car and want to stop it. I don't have that car anymore, but it sure got a lot of police attention when I did.(it became a car popular with the street racing community).

I assume none of these stops have resulted in citations?

If so, here is what I recommend that you do. Schedule an appt with LPD, one of the captains or the chief, to discuss this issue. They keep records of all contacts. Explain your concern and advise them if this continues you will have to seek a legal remedy.

I suspect though, that you aren't just being harassed and that instead there is something that you could do, to change this situation. I don't know what it is.
wayne

Livermore, CA

#244 May 18, 2010
criminals don't look like criminals, like look like everyone else. The police stop people to talk and run checks, without doing that, they would not know who the bad guys are. Don't bitch one second about the police not doing anything, and then bitch the next moment when you get stopped and checked out. Bad guys don't look like bad guys in the movies, you can't tell who the bad guys are. Dav510, you are the joke.
BoB

Newark, CA

#245 May 18, 2010
Send the gangs over to Arrowhead where they can all bunk at the temple. The way those folks dress, no one will be able to seperate out the reds from the blues from the..........

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#246 May 19, 2010
BoB wrote:
Send the gangs over to Arrowhead where they can all bunk at the temple. The way those folks dress, no one will be able to seperate out the reds from the blues from the..........
lol love it
Been harassed myself

Pleasanton, CA

#247 Dec 9, 2010
God forbid that a neighbor makes a complaint for any reason. I was all for Livermore police and even had some favorite officers. Robbins being one. Then while I was picking up my younger children from their dads my older son (17) was in my backyard lighting cap gun rolls on my glass table. They make a popping sound. I got a call from the neighbor. so I called my son and told him to stop, that the neighbor didn't realize what he was doing. Son stopped and I thought the incident was finished. Get home to cops swarming all over my yard. Still not a problem.. The problem came when I began getting cited for things. I was cited because my trashcan was left on the curb for two days. Then I was cited for my car being parked on my gravel parking strip. Seems it is okay for the neighbor on both sides to do this but not me. Then my registration tag was stolen and I was sited twice in the space of two days for that. I was cited for a trashbag full of clothing that was left on my porch that was meant for charity.
Livermore disbanded their gang unit, and my son was severely beaten while walking with his girlfriend through a nice park by two gang members. Seems the the LPD can find time and man power to harass a citizen but cannot find the man power to protect innocent children from a gang. My son required a hospital visit and stitches.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#248 Dec 10, 2010
Been harassed myself wrote:
God forbid that a neighbor makes a complaint for any reason. I was all for Livermore police and even had some favorite officers. Robbins being one. Then while I was picking up my younger children from their dads my older son (17) was in my backyard lighting cap gun rolls on my glass table. They make a popping sound. I got a call from the neighbor. so I called my son and told him to stop, that the neighbor didn't realize what he was doing. Son stopped and I thought the incident was finished. Get home to cops swarming all over my yard. Still not a problem.. The problem came when I began getting cited for things. I was cited because my trashcan was left on the curb for two days. Then I was cited for my car being parked on my gravel parking strip. Seems it is okay for the neighbor on both sides to do this but not me. Then my registration tag was stolen and I was sited twice in the space of two days for that. I was cited for a trashbag full of clothing that was left on my porch that was meant for charity.
Livermore disbanded their gang unit, and my son was severely beaten while walking with his girlfriend through a nice park by two gang members. Seems the the LPD can find time and man power to harass a citizen but cannot find the man power to protect innocent children from a gang. My son required a hospital visit and stitches.
I hear you regarding the harassment for meaningless crap. Did you fight any of these code enforcement violations? Curious to know how you can be cited for a bag of clothes on your porch.

BTW, if your tag was stolen you are not liable for the citation - its a fixit ticket - you only have to present proof that you had been issued a tag that would have been valid at the time of the citation. And they can't cite you twice for the same thing in the span of a week. I hope you contested these tickets.
ogogog

Tracy, CA

#249 Sep 13, 2012
EL.VE.EME.NORTE/L.V.M.XIV VARRIO HAS BEEN IN LIVERMORE FOR OVER 35 YEARS. WHITE PEOPLE IN LIVERMORE ARE THE NEW COMERS, DRINKING THERE WINE ON FIRST ST./DOWNTOWN. SO NEXT TIME YOU LOOK AT A MEXICAN PERIOD. YOU BETTER NOT STARE TO HARD. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ADD TO A LONG LIST OF VICTIMS.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#250 Sep 14, 2012
Been harassed myself wrote:
God forbid that a neighbor makes a complaint for any reason. I was all for Livermore police and even had some favorite officers. Robbins being one. Then while I was picking up my younger children from their dads my older son (17) was in my backyard lighting cap gun rolls on my glass table. They make a popping sound. I got a call from the neighbor. so I called my son and told him to stop, that the neighbor didn't realize what he was doing. Son stopped and I thought the incident was finished. Get home to cops swarming all over my yard. Still not a problem.. The problem came when I began getting cited for things. I was cited because my trashcan was left on the curb for two days. Then I was cited for my car being parked on my gravel parking strip. Seems it is okay for the neighbor on both sides to do this but not me. Then my registration tag was stolen and I was sited twice in the space of two days for that. I was cited for a trashbag full of clothing that was left on my porch that was meant for charity.
Livermore disbanded their gang unit, and my son was severely beaten while walking with his girlfriend through a nice park by two gang members. Seems the the LPD can find time and man power to harass a citizen but cannot find the man power to protect innocent children from a gang. My son required a hospital visit and stitches.
Yeah I do agree Livermore has become petty..there is really no sense of community there anymore...definitely not the same town I was born and raised in. Seems like all these people care about is drinking wine..shopping and oh heaven forbid there be a basketball hoop in the street!!! Heaven forbid the children go outside to play instead of sitting on their asses playing video games and getting fat!!! And oh my god how dare you park your ugly car in front of my house! lol

Yeah.....
DCA

Tracy, CA

#251 Sep 14, 2012
ogogog wrote:
EL.VE.EME.NORTE/L.V.M.XIV VARRIO HAS BEEN IN LIVERMORE FOR OVER 35 YEARS. WHITE PEOPLE IN LIVERMORE ARE THE NEW COMERS, DRINKING THERE WINE ON FIRST ST./DOWNTOWN. SO NEXT TIME YOU LOOK AT A MEXICAN PERIOD. YOU BETTER NOT STARE TO HARD. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ADD TO A LONG LIST OF VICTIMS.
Yes this is true they have been here that long...but what is your point exactly? It sounds like you are implying there is a race war going on...
Guest

Livermore, CA

#252 Sep 14, 2012
ogogog wrote:
EL.VE.EME.NORTE/L.V.M.XIV VARRIO HAS BEEN IN LIVERMORE FOR OVER 35 YEARS. WHITE PEOPLE IN LIVERMORE ARE THE NEW COMERS, DRINKING THERE WINE ON FIRST ST./DOWNTOWN. SO NEXT TIME YOU LOOK AT A MEXICAN PERIOD. YOU BETTER NOT STARE TO HARD. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ADD TO A LONG LIST OF VICTIMS.
Do you really think Livermore has only been around for 35 years? My grandma has been here longer than you. YOU BETTER NOT STARE AT HER TO HARD. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ADD TO HER LONG LIST OF VICTIMS.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#253 Sep 14, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think Livermore has only been around for 35 years? My grandma has been here longer than you. YOU BETTER NOT STARE AT HER TO HARD. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ADD TO HER LONG LIST OF VICTIMS.
They didn't say Livermore they said the gangs have been around Livermore for 35 years....
Guest

Livermore, CA

#255 Sep 14, 2012
DCA wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't say Livermore they said the gangs have been around Livermore for 35 years....
Implying that everyone else is the 'newcomer' because they've been here for 35 years implies that Livermore has only been around for 35 years. If thry were to look at how old Livermore is they would realize that they are the newcomers and have nothing to do with the founding or history of the city.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#256 Sep 15, 2012
ogogog wrote:
EL.VE.EME.NORTE/L.V.M.XIV VARRIO HAS BEEN IN LIVERMORE FOR OVER 35 YEARS. WHITE PEOPLE IN LIVERMORE ARE THE NEW COMERS, DRINKING THERE WINE ON FIRST ST./DOWNTOWN. SO NEXT TIME YOU LOOK AT A MEXICAN PERIOD. YOU BETTER NOT STARE TO HARD. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ADD TO A LONG LIST OF VICTIMS.
If any of these little gang punks ever attack me I'll hide their bodies where nobody will ever find them.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#257 Sep 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Implying that everyone else is the 'newcomer' because they've been here for 35 years implies that Livermore has only been around for 35 years. If thry were to look at how old Livermore is they would realize that they are the newcomers and have nothing to do with the founding or history of the city.
No they said "WHITE PEOPLE" are the newcomers..not everyone else and not Livermore. And no they are not newcomers..Livermore gangs have been around a long time..of course not as long as the town itself but pretty damn close.
Guest

Livermore, CA

#258 Sep 16, 2012
DCA wrote:
<quoted text>
No they said "WHITE PEOPLE" are the newcomers..not everyone else and not Livermore. And no they are not newcomers..Livermore gangs have been around a long time..of course not as long as the town itself but pretty damn close.
I assure you that "WHITE PEOPLE" have been here for much longer than 35 years which is really not very long at all. Definitely not even close to the beginning of Livermore.

William and Mary Mendenhall. Look at these crazy white newcomers just ruining everything.
http://www.elivermore.com/photos/Hist_lvr_men...

Even with the false claim that they were supposedly here for so long, it doesn't give any right for the ridiculously stupid and pointless things they do. I don't think the rest of us would mind it if they all just founded their own town and did their own thing while leaving us alone. We don't want anything to do with them. However, I doubt very much they could make it on their own without the rest of society pulling their weight and engineering their iPhones.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#259 Sep 16, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you that "WHITE PEOPLE" have been here for much longer than 35 years which is really not very long at all. Definitely not even close to the beginning of Livermore.
William and Mary Mendenhall. Look at these crazy white newcomers just ruining everything.
http://www.elivermore.com/photos/Hist_lvr_men...
Even with the false claim that they were supposedly here for so long, it doesn't give any right for the ridiculously stupid and pointless things they do. I don't think the rest of us would mind it if they all just founded their own town and did their own thing while leaving us alone. We don't want anything to do with them. However, I doubt very much they could make it on their own without the rest of society pulling their weight and engineering their iPhones.
Yes I agree..I think anyone who was born and raised in that town know that the people who founded that town were white...

I'm not agreeing with that idiots statements.....just trying to make clear exactly what he was saying.
Tinto Jones

Reno, NV

#260 May 31, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think Livermore has only been around for 35 years? My grandma has been here longer than you. YOU BETTER NOT STARE AT HER TO HARD. YOU JUST MIGHT BE ADD TO HER LONG LIST OF VICTIMS.
we love the nortes, there women love our big johnsons and all tell us, there man are small, the nortes worship us brothers, they do what ever we tell them, they are lie our Mexican slaves, they want to be us and talk like us, we just love turning nortes women out, they love to suck the Johnson, I guess the nortes are to little
Suck it up

Dublin, CA

#261 Jul 14, 2014
GAYngs are for lonely ugly immigrants and poor americans with bad parents. Don't really care about it in my productive day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just Sayin (Mar '14) 9 hr gest 61
Wanna texts horny girls Nov 20 Diego 1
Charge To The Cheapest FFXIV Gil Site Online Nov 20 fifajuly111 1
6 Things I Expect at IDF Nov 20 ray ibrahim 2
Review: Law Office of Roy W. Litherland (Jan '12) Nov 20 James TW 27
acquaintance runs by Fifa Coins Nov 18 fifajuly111 1
Instead of vip fifa 15 Nov 17 fifajuly111 1

San Jose News Video

San Jose Dating
Find my Match

San Jose People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

San Jose News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Jose

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:58PM
Video Highlights from Skins vs. Niners
Bleacher Report 7:11 PM
Grading San Francisco's Positional Units vs. WAS
Bleacher Report 8:24 PM
Grades for Redskins vs. 49ers
NBC Sports 8:35 PM
Will San Francisco make a run in NFC West?
Bleacher Report 8:48 PM
Will Offensive Woes Cost 49ers a Playoff Spot?