California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Cyan

Concord, CA

#3588 May 26, 2012
The Gloop wrote:
<quoted text>Gloop.
Green, Gloopy, FREAK
Cyan

Union City, CA

#3589 May 26, 2012
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>Can you name this tune??? I can give you some more hints if you need em...
I Love Ricky Rat, xoxo
PushBack

Fairfield, CA

#3590 May 26, 2012
Liberals are constantly trying to legislate control other people's behaviors. Get over yourselves, we don't need a nanny state that can't even pass a balanced budged. If anyone needs nannying and nagging, its our giant liberal government.
PushBack

Fairfield, CA

#3591 May 26, 2012
Paper bags are recyclable, renewable, biodegradable and plentiful. Sounds good, more paper bags please.

On the other hand, plastic bags are also recyclable, cheap, convenient and reusable. Sounds good, more plastic bags please.
Nanny state liberals do need to butt out of my shopping habits and get a life. Its consumers who will decide what they buy and which bags to use, not government. We won't be told by our failed government what bags are acceptable, that's utter nonsense. Now go get your priorities in order and pass a balanced budget before doing *anything* else.
Denise

Barstow, CA

#3592 May 26, 2012
Coming to Yucca Valley, California

Since: Sep 08

#3593 May 26, 2012
Gloop.
Raydot

California City, CA

#3595 May 26, 2012
California should seek to get rid of all the illegal aliens and their anchor baby beaner banger brats, who murder each other all day every day. Oh Sh!t the evening news is on. I need to go now so I can see how many mexicans blew each other away. It's always on the first half hour of Los Angeles Channel 7 Eye Witness News. They even shoot their grand parents, sisters, brothers, babies, aunts, uncles, dog, cats, and bride and groom, oh and all the people attending the funeral. Yes, mexicans do this!! And thats why Americans want them gone. You know, I really never see any mexicans denounce this incredible hellish behavior. Just like their brother and sister muslims who justify deplorable honor killings, you know, spraying lighter fluid on their daughters and setting their face on fire for looking at Donny Osmond. They like what they do and do what they do and nothing will ever change these people from hell. Sure, come to the United States for freedom of religion. Unbelievable!!! Just remember, WHITE is RIGHT and if it's brown flush it down.

#3597 May 26, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf is gloop?? And whats the purpose of typing in randomly out of nowhere?
...gloop...
Raydot

California City, CA

#3598 May 26, 2012
Click on "BORDERLAND BEAT MEXICO" to see dead mexicans. And also videos of mexicans being chopped up. These are mexicans doing it to mexicans. These are mexicans killing their own mothers fathers aunts and uncles and children and grand parents and thinking nothing of it. These are truly the most bazarre and pathetic pigs on earth today. Yes the mexican pig flu came from mexicans fcking pigs. Would you like to talk about the soup man, you know, the mexican that would put mexicans in acid to desolve them. Right next door in TJ. What about the sign posted outside of the Gigante market that tells people to be aware of their suroundings because of the butchering of mexicans by the mexicans. If you like HELL you'l enjoy mexico. It smells like urine almost every where now. Even the beaches all the way to Punta Banda and La Bufadora smell of human waste.

#3601 May 27, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
The high murders of European organize crime of the 1900's in the east coast during the "prohibition era" Remember that?? Does that mean they all turn out to be murderers and savages?
Gloop?
Cyan

San Jose, CA

#3602 May 27, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>The high murders of European organize crime of the 1900's in the east coast during the "prohibition era" Remember that?? Does that mean they all turn out to be murderers and savages?
Geez Mexica you are really reaching. Raydot is discussing what is happening NOW. Get an f-in clue. There is no excuse for you brutal disgusting losers.
The US would be so much better without your ilk, period.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#3603 May 27, 2012
PushBack wrote:
Paper bags are recyclable, renewable, biodegradable and plentiful. Sounds good, more paper bags please.
On the other hand, plastic bags are also recyclable, cheap, convenient and reusable. Sounds good, more plastic bags please.
Nanny state liberals do need to butt out of my shopping habits and get a life. Its consumers who will decide what they buy and which bags to use, not government. We won't be told by our failed government what bags are acceptable, that's utter nonsense. Now go get your priorities in order and pass a balanced budget before doing *anything* else.
PushBack.

Just one more reason to get rid of Obama and his gang of despots.

Ronald
NOBAMA 2012

Downey, CA

#3604 May 27, 2012
VOTE HIS RANCID REGRESSIVE ASS OUT!
ANYONE BUT THE LYING SACK OF SHIT IN CHIEF, LETS DO THIS PEOPLE
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#3605 May 27, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf is gloop?? And whats the purpose of typing in randomly out of nowhere?
mexica.

Be patient. gloop is just a little kid, one of the the products of our failed expensive taxpayer funded Government schools. Considering how challenged are his cohorts, he is "above average". He is doing the best he knows how. Gloop deserves a Government school A +.

Ronald

#3607 May 27, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
mexica.
Be patient. gloop is just a little kid, one of the the products of our failed expensive taxpayer funded Government schools. Considering how challenged are his cohorts, he is "above average". He is doing the best he knows how. Gloop deserves a Government school A +.
Ronald
Gloop!
Raydot

California City, CA

#3608 May 27, 2012
50,000 dead mexicans in just 5 or 6 years is unheard of right next to the United States. It can't be compared to prohibition Pedro. Mexican, the hardest working people my ass. They are the laziest most dispicable inconsiderate scum on earth. They don't even denounce whats's happening in their failed sh!t hole. And that's because they are apart of the corruption. They take money to butcher. They stand with their killers. Even the military was bought and the cops are all bought. What a fcked up mess, and that's why this sleeping Giant is planning a take over to clean your dirty house that you couldn't do, because your all cowards running away from your failed sh!t hole. Your kind are committing the most atrocious crimes on earth today and it's being recorded for people to see a thousand years from now. You should be so proud of your coward scum race. You say the same o'l thing over and over again....Yes, but we are only comming here to work... Se Se but we are only comming here to work ....yes yes, but we are only comming here to work. No your not! Your comming here to take away a legal citizens job and to make him homeless, and to undercut every skilled trade. You are here to corrupt our government and to turn the United States into a Sh!t hole. You will always be hated by Americans, until you stand in line and wait your fuking turn PEDRO. You know what/ we have to many bean dips in our country, we don't want anymore. How about giving other countries a chance to come here. We are a melting pot of all nationalities, we don't want just mexicans. And there are to many of you here, and thats why your being thrown out. It's your own fault that we will take your sorry ass over and do what you wouldn't do COWARD!! Remember, the mexican flag stands for POVERTY COWARDS and CORRUPTION. I guess mexico won't be celebrating Memorial Day. That's for damn sure. Don't compare the United States to your unheard of atrocities, you sided with Hitler. "Nazi communist mexico. It's pay back time.
Cyan

San Jose, CA

#3609 May 27, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, and as I mention is no different than your ancestors. So shut up and stop targeting as if only mexicans deal with these problems. Most mexicans work and better their lives, alot of them go back willingly or get deported! And of course some are criminals lowlifes that nobody wants. But it's obvious that everyone here wants to target mexicans as those criminals and lowlifes..... Get a fuc*** life!
YOU get a F-ing life - preferably back in Mexico! Loser
Raydot

California City, CA

#3612 May 27, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol blah blah blah blah blah lol
Sure it cannot be compare. Mexico has it in big numbers because there is much bigger competition you idiot. And you want to talk about corrupted??? Lmao havent you read what I wrote your stupid ass?? I guess I'll repost it over and over again. It seems that the truth hurts. You only grab what you want and leave out your faults. Are u offended because I compare both countries accurately and it just hurst you that I'm right??? Lol the more you come at me with your stupid retard comments, proves me that it hurts you to your core. You Americans tend to forget how your country was built, and how it is still run. President bush jr.: "Texas is Mexican land" even this idiot knows. Are you stupider than bush jr?
If we are the laziest than why your corporations hire us? That would be unproductive, which results in American corporations and businesses going out of business but they don't!!!!
That just explains your bigotry... Better luck next time. Bring some facts no nonsense.
Fu** your melting pot..this pot Mexican owned! At the end we will prevail here everyone else will return where they came from... Funny how that works. Everyone else leaves elsewhere , we stay here, this is our homeland :). mad much???
Lol
The only reason employers in the United States hire illegal aliens is because they can whip you. They can treat you just like the slaves you have always been because of your cowardice. They can own you like a slave and pay you peanuts. They can never do that with an American citizen. Employers who hire illegal aliens are no better than the illegal garbage they hire. They are the reason for turning our country into a marxist run country. Nothing good comes from hiring illegal aliens. It's wrong and nothing good can come from wrong. You are today's black slaves and the world know's it. Now go pick cotton Julio, and don't forget your donkey and cart.
Pale Dago

Saint Peters, MO

#3613 May 28, 2012
Nice to know so much effort on such a moot point. Typical.
Lupe

Oakland, CA

#3615 May 28, 2012
mexica wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks I'm settle in the beautiful southwest, and my blood will remain here for many generations. Get used to it.
You are disgusting, taco breath....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the Armstrong & Getty radio show sucks (Dec '12) 4 hr Not for long 45
Help keep my topic at NUMBER TWO!! (Jun '08) 9 hr teatotingtick 1,272
America's Most Challenging Issue - Racism 16 hr RiccardoFire 2
News10 Blood Donor Day (Jun '07) Thu jen_mc03 21
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) Thu Runabout 6,706
Lawsuit: Surgical Gowns Let Disease Pass Through Wed PD_Lape 2
H in Sacramento anyone? Dec 17 tommyg13 1
Sacramento Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web