Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,321

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#138852 Apr 30, 2012
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Better check your facts. A preponderance of southerners did not own slaves or condone slavery. I am certain you are aware there were blacks that owned and traded slaves. The civil war was fought in-part to facilitate the South in breaking away from the Union and payment of taxes to the Norths leaders in Washington. An off-chute of the Souths defeat was the abolition of slavery by President Lincoln.
Enough of this revisionist history B.S..
They might not have all owned slaves but they sure as hell did condone it! At least the majority did! How about the first national popular opinion poll that was in favor of inter-racial marriages didn't swing in favor of them until 1971! That is a fact! And now,lo and behold the first national opinion polls are coming out where the majority for the first time are in favor of Same sex marriage! So yes indeed so much for your revisionist history! LOL

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#138853 May 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
So true......we don't want to insult those who may be slow, but have a lot more heart than that particular person could EVER hope to have!!!
I would never call a slow or developmentally challenged person a retard, I have far more respect for them than that. It's more a word I reserve for those who are willingly retarded.

Location hidden

#138854 May 1, 2012
Though maybe I SHOULD feel more sorry for these people. Some do seem pretty slow themselves. Sometimes it's hard to tell those that are seriously just incapable of "getting it" because they don't have the brainpower from those who are just stubbornly ignorant.

“"Swift Boats R 4 Water Skiing"”

Since: Mar 09

"Equality" = Constitution"

#138855 May 1, 2012
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never call a slow or developmentally challenged person a retard, I have far more respect for them than that. It's more a word I reserve for those who are willingly retarded.
And nor would I my friend! And that's exactly how I meant it! If it didn't come off that way,my apology! It was more than obvious the imbecile was acting "retarded" willingly! ;)

Location hidden

#138856 May 1, 2012
OldSwiftBoater wrote:
<quoted text>
And nor would I my friend! And that's exactly how I meant it! If it didn't come off that way,my apology! It was more than obvious the imbecile was acting "retarded" willingly! ;)
No I got what you meant, I was agreeing with you. It's just late, didn't notice it until after I posted how it sounded, lol.
Asshole23

Kingsburg, CA

#138857 May 1, 2012
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>....said one knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Neanderthal bigot to another. We'll take that for what it's worth. You certainly live down to your user name.
Stop being so sensitive you cry baby
Asshole23

Kingsburg, CA

#138862 May 1, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
Hey Asshole23...you tell 'em, they keep cryin' and takin' everything so personal too!

You seem like a decent person in my book!

F#$K 'em if they can't take a joke...f@#k "em if they can't take a joke...f!$k 'em if they cant' take a poke...
Thank you sir
Love

Botany, Australia

#138863 May 1, 2012
Love conquers all.

Let's learn to love everyone and forgive everyone....

http://suing-the-devil-movie-review.com/

“Think,does it help or hurt?”

Since: Jul 09

" Because logic tells us so "

#138864 May 1, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut yer pie hole retard!
Say the imbecile! LOL

“Think,does it help or hurt?”

Since: Jul 09

" Because logic tells us so "

#138865 May 1, 2012
Asshole23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sir
Says one retarded fuguetard to the other fuquetarded imbecile! Geez,you guys must be charter members of MENSA? Or perhaps Physicists at MIT? Such intelligent and meaningful posts! Don't take everything so personal now! LOLLOLOLOL

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138866 May 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep claiming this "DIFFERENCE" and none truly exists EXCEPT where you choose to make them different!!!
Are you blonde???

After two people, you have a diverse gendered couple vs a redumdant gendered couple. It keeps going on from there.

All you have to do is list the similarities...

Location hidden

#138867 May 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
HOWEVER today, those that you considered where "OTHER" relationships......are NOW legal marriages!!!
You mean those imposter relationships?

Location hidden

#138868 May 1, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>didn't that poster leave out arranged marriages, bought wives, concubines, multiple wives, women treated as property, etc.?
Should we list the variations of all relationships?

Location hidden

#138869 May 1, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>you have no right to dictate the rights of others.
Go live in Iran.
Let's visit Iran together!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#138873 May 1, 2012
rwb wrote:
21. David M. Hall, author of Allies at Work: Creating a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Inclusive Work Environment, who speaks to corporate audiences across the country and is the co-founder of Out & Equal Philadelphia.
Listen,kid: stop posting your homework in my forum.

And if your gay teacher has a problem with that, tell him to log on and I'll help him resolve it.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#138874 May 1, 2012
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you use slippery slope as if it were fact and not the logical fallacy it is.
When you fellows go marching down Main Street it used to be the rainbow flag that was your banner; now it's the erect penis.

On the front cover of your "Little Black Book" the first thing readers see is your erect penis symbol, not the rainbow flag.

In other words you've changed from a civil rights organization to a full-fledged sex cult that worships the erect cock.

If you disagree with this interpretation, tell us why ALL of your parades use giant erect cocks as their rallying symbol.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#138877 May 1, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm trying to do is point out to some of the straights who support same-sex marriage that supporting the LGBT is a slippery slope -- that although the LGBT drapes itself in noble words like "Equality, Tolerance, Diversity" it is little more than a sex cult, and a notoriously degenerate one at that.
Indeed, this is why the LGBT has no visible leaders -- the men behind the scene are men who march in front of Pride parades in penis suits leading their half-nude lovers behinds in with dog leashes. They want to stay anonymous so they can continue wearing their penis suits.
Straights who support you don't grasp this. They believe the average gay male has been in a monogamous relationship for 10 years and would be shocked and appalled by the sexual practices in The Little Black Book.
But The Little Black Book was a joint effort by the most educated and progressive gay males of today -- Boston area gay males.
Pee-play, fisting, rimming, is what gay males do. If you become a gay male it will be what you do. If a child decides to become gay base on your promotion of it as normal, safe, and wholesome as mom's apple pie, it's what he'll end up doing.
He really doesn't have much of a choice.
Anal sex is just not enough so the gay male tries other things -- anything to achieve something he can never have: truly satisfying sex.
The HIV-AIDS epidemic exploded on the scene right after the APA removed homosexuality from its list of mental disorders.
This is what happens when science bends to political pressure.
Not so fast Proffesor Fundie. You come here and spread a lot of bull excrement day after day. You make wild azz claims and never back them up, always changing your tactic.

Now where were we oh yes. So Professor Fundie, tell me how it is that a Pagan does not have the same rights and privileges as a fundie freak like you. I am sure it must be in the US Constitution somewhere that states only God Fearing Fundamentalist Christians are entitled to the rights as stated in the Constitution. Surly a list is given that disallows Buddhist's, Muslims, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans and atheists the rights that are given to all citizens of this country both natural born and naturalized.

What are the laws that have been past that demand you marry someone of the same sex.

What law has been passed that requires you to have sex with someone of the the sex.

Please show the statutes and the states where these laws have been passed.

Please show me any law or reason that disqualifies a Homosexual or Transsexuals from being a teacher.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#138878 May 1, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Civil unions are contracts; marriage is a public event. If you change the rules for one, the rules change for all.
I'm for keeping marriage as is, between husband and wife. That's the centrist, mainstream moderate approach. The extremists want to change the definition of marriage or make homosexual behavior criminal.
Both are a contract. Yet do not always carry the same results. Over 50% of the nation disagree with you, they feel that Gays have the same rights to be married as a straight couple. Now please post a link to provide insight to the extremists view that you alluded to.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#138879 May 1, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
Oh I'm feelin' the love now!
Paco turn off the lights, your mom cant afford to light the basement. Go back to sleep, come see us when you grow up.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#138880 May 1, 2012
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Get out of the gay forum then retard.
This is NOT a GAY forum, it is "Topix" where many differnt topics are talked about like SSM, by the public. The gay people in here turned into what you reffer to as a "GAY" forum, so you are the one that should get out. You need to look for a GAY forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State to Look Closer at Caffeine for Possible P... (Dec '07) 4 hr Eugene Dean 22
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) 15 hr Fqyobith 5,282
Arden-area neighbors lob more conflict-of-inter... 21 hr Anne Hart 1
Inmate found dead at Sacramento main jail (Oct '08) 21 hr Karma 40
Day Care Closed After Pacifier Taped to Infant'... (Sep '07) Wed Leadpipe 12
SkyMedicus - Amy Holcomb - Mark Reder Wed Leadpipe 2
Suspected con man sought in reported paving scam (Apr '09) Wed Casey Stacey 60
Sacramento Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sacramento People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]