Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Love

Botany, Australia

#138863 May 1, 2012
Love conquers all.

Let's learn to love everyone and forgive everyone....

http://suing-the-devil-movie-review.com/

“Think,does it help or hurt?”

Since: Jul 09

" Because logic tells us so "

#138864 May 1, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut yer pie hole retard!
Say the imbecile! LOL

“Think,does it help or hurt?”

Since: Jul 09

" Because logic tells us so "

#138865 May 1, 2012
Asshole23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sir
Says one retarded fuguetard to the other fuquetarded imbecile! Geez,you guys must be charter members of MENSA? Or perhaps Physicists at MIT? Such intelligent and meaningful posts! Don't take everything so personal now! LOLLOLOLOL

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138866 May 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep claiming this "DIFFERENCE" and none truly exists EXCEPT where you choose to make them different!!!
Are you blonde???

After two people, you have a diverse gendered couple vs a redumdant gendered couple. It keeps going on from there.

All you have to do is list the similarities...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138867 May 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
HOWEVER today, those that you considered where "OTHER" relationships......are NOW legal marriages!!!
You mean those imposter relationships?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138868 May 1, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>didn't that poster leave out arranged marriages, bought wives, concubines, multiple wives, women treated as property, etc.?
Should we list the variations of all relationships?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138869 May 1, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>you have no right to dictate the rights of others.
Go live in Iran.
Let's visit Iran together!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#138873 May 1, 2012
rwb wrote:
21. David M. Hall, author of Allies at Work: Creating a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Inclusive Work Environment, who speaks to corporate audiences across the country and is the co-founder of Out & Equal Philadelphia.
Listen,kid: stop posting your homework in my forum.

And if your gay teacher has a problem with that, tell him to log on and I'll help him resolve it.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#138874 May 1, 2012
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you use slippery slope as if it were fact and not the logical fallacy it is.
When you fellows go marching down Main Street it used to be the rainbow flag that was your banner; now it's the erect penis.

On the front cover of your "Little Black Book" the first thing readers see is your erect penis symbol, not the rainbow flag.

In other words you've changed from a civil rights organization to a full-fledged sex cult that worships the erect cock.

If you disagree with this interpretation, tell us why ALL of your parades use giant erect cocks as their rallying symbol.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#138877 May 1, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm trying to do is point out to some of the straights who support same-sex marriage that supporting the LGBT is a slippery slope -- that although the LGBT drapes itself in noble words like "Equality, Tolerance, Diversity" it is little more than a sex cult, and a notoriously degenerate one at that.
Indeed, this is why the LGBT has no visible leaders -- the men behind the scene are men who march in front of Pride parades in penis suits leading their half-nude lovers behinds in with dog leashes. They want to stay anonymous so they can continue wearing their penis suits.
Straights who support you don't grasp this. They believe the average gay male has been in a monogamous relationship for 10 years and would be shocked and appalled by the sexual practices in The Little Black Book.
But The Little Black Book was a joint effort by the most educated and progressive gay males of today -- Boston area gay males.
Pee-play, fisting, rimming, is what gay males do. If you become a gay male it will be what you do. If a child decides to become gay base on your promotion of it as normal, safe, and wholesome as mom's apple pie, it's what he'll end up doing.
He really doesn't have much of a choice.
Anal sex is just not enough so the gay male tries other things -- anything to achieve something he can never have: truly satisfying sex.
The HIV-AIDS epidemic exploded on the scene right after the APA removed homosexuality from its list of mental disorders.
This is what happens when science bends to political pressure.
Not so fast Proffesor Fundie. You come here and spread a lot of bull excrement day after day. You make wild azz claims and never back them up, always changing your tactic.

Now where were we oh yes. So Professor Fundie, tell me how it is that a Pagan does not have the same rights and privileges as a fundie freak like you. I am sure it must be in the US Constitution somewhere that states only God Fearing Fundamentalist Christians are entitled to the rights as stated in the Constitution. Surly a list is given that disallows Buddhist's, Muslims, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans and atheists the rights that are given to all citizens of this country both natural born and naturalized.

What are the laws that have been past that demand you marry someone of the same sex.

What law has been passed that requires you to have sex with someone of the the sex.

Please show the statutes and the states where these laws have been passed.

Please show me any law or reason that disqualifies a Homosexual or Transsexuals from being a teacher.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#138878 May 1, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Civil unions are contracts; marriage is a public event. If you change the rules for one, the rules change for all.
I'm for keeping marriage as is, between husband and wife. That's the centrist, mainstream moderate approach. The extremists want to change the definition of marriage or make homosexual behavior criminal.
Both are a contract. Yet do not always carry the same results. Over 50% of the nation disagree with you, they feel that Gays have the same rights to be married as a straight couple. Now please post a link to provide insight to the extremists view that you alluded to.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#138879 May 1, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
Oh I'm feelin' the love now!
Paco turn off the lights, your mom cant afford to light the basement. Go back to sleep, come see us when you grow up.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#138880 May 1, 2012
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Get out of the gay forum then retard.
This is NOT a GAY forum, it is "Topix" where many differnt topics are talked about like SSM, by the public. The gay people in here turned into what you reffer to as a "GAY" forum, so you are the one that should get out. You need to look for a GAY forum.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#138881 May 1, 2012
OldSwiftBoater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed,you are disgusting and vile! Good take on yourself! Now seeing how it's just about cock roach curfew time how about you put down the mirror,quit looking at your cock roach self and get back under that favorite rock of yours! If you don't like same sex marriage and our Constitution don't get one and move to Iran where there are NO gays as per their great leader! Yup,no gays in IRAN? LOL
Talking the way you do proves you are a second class person. So anything you have to say will be taken like a grain of salt.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#138882 May 1, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast Proffesor Fundie. You come here and spread a lot of bull excrement day after day. You make wild azz claims and never back them up, always changing your tactic.
Now where were we oh yes. So Professor Fundie, tell me how it is that a Pagan does not have the same rights and privileges as a fundie freak like you. I am sure it must be in the US Constitution somewhere that states only God Fearing Fundamentalist Christians are entitled to the rights as stated in the Constitution. Surly a list is given that disallows Buddhist's, Muslims, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans and atheists the rights that are given to all citizens of this country both natural born and naturalized.
What are the laws that have been past that demand you marry someone of the same sex.
What law has been passed that requires you to have sex with someone of the the sex.
Please show the statutes and the states where these laws have been passed.
Please show me any law or reason that disqualifies a Homosexual or Transsexuals from being a teacher.
You need to stop hiding behind the Constitution; that's not what this discussion is about -- although you want it to be about the Constitution and only the Constitution.

Young men who embrace the homosexual lifestyle end up degenerates; that's what this conversation is about.

You want us to believe all gays have been in monogamous relationships lasting 10 years or more and there are even some stupid straights who believe this claptrap, but the core truth of the matter is the gay lifestyle is a celebration of degeneracy, not the 10 dollar words you like to throw around describing who you are and what you do.

Homosexual sex leads to degeneracy, nothing else explains the excesses we see in your lifestyle, nothing else explains the proliferation of erect penises in all your "pride" parades and literature.

You want us to believe anal sex is as sacred and holy as the act of procreation but the jury is in on that -- anal sex is a morbidly unhealthy practice that leads to disease, anal dysfunction and virtually every degenerate sex act on the books, including, "pee play", "rimming", "fisting", public worship of the erect penis, etc.

The jury is in, as I say.

Your horseshit has been revealed for what it is -- bullshit.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#138883 May 1, 2012
Rageoholic wrote:
Though maybe I SHOULD feel more sorry for these people. Some do seem pretty slow themselves. Sometimes it's hard to tell those that are seriously just incapable of "getting it" because they don't have the brainpower from those who are just stubbornly ignorant.
Your sarcasm proves why you and your gay friends are second class people.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Arm the internet

#138884 May 1, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Civil unions are contracts; marriage is a public event. If you change the rules for one, the rules change for all.
I'm for keeping marriage as is, between husband and wife. That's the centrist, mainstream moderate approach. The extremists want to change the definition of marriage or make homosexual behavior criminal.
Exactly....
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#138885 May 1, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are a contract. Yet do not always carry the same results. Over 50% of the nation disagree with you, they feel that Gays have the same rights to be married as a straight couple. Now please post a link to provide insight to the extremists view that you alluded to.
lol, 50% of the nation didn't even care enough to give an opinion. What makes you think everyone participated in your stupid survey. The only way to find this out is to explain all the attached B.S. that goes along with your rediculous outcry to be part of a normal society.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#138886 May 1, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop hiding behind the Constitution; that's not what this discussion is about -- although you want it to be about the Constitution and only the Constitution.
Young men who embrace the homosexual lifestyle end up degenerates; that's what this conversation is about.
You want us to believe all gays have been in monogamous relationships lasting 10 years or more and there are even some stupid straights who believe this claptrap, but the core truth of the matter is the gay lifestyle is a celebration of degeneracy, not the 10 dollar words you like to throw around describing who you are and what you do.
Homosexual sex leads to degeneracy, nothing else explains the excesses we see in your lifestyle, nothing else explains the proliferation of erect penises in all your "pride" parades and literature.
You want us to believe anal sex is as sacred and holy as the act of procreation but the jury is in on that -- anal sex is a morbidly unhealthy practice that leads to disease, anal dysfunction and virtually every degenerate sex act on the books, including, "pee play", "rimming", "fisting", public worship of the erect penis, etc.
The jury is in, as I say.
Your horseshit has been revealed for what it is -- bullshit.
Here let me help you pull your head from your arse.

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage


A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Now as you can plainly see, the law and the US Constitution are what the discussion is about. Now due tell me why pagans do not have the same rights as friggin fundies do.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#138887 May 1, 2012
To the gay people in this topix forum, you are acting like the cildren in a school yard, teasing and taunting everyone. Just girlyboy up, you are not what society was meant to be period ..
We don't care if you want to be odd, just don't push your lifestyle on us, if you want to start your own Gay pride schools go for it but don't ask the public who oppose it support it. Do like private institutions do to promote their way of thinking, use your own money to support your lifestlye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) 3 hr LeGeeshaDellaFondue 5,321
Trans Pacific Trade Deal 5 hr Fred5764 37
Capitol to Move to Modoc County : AUSTERITY Mon Joe Petrocelli 7
News Faculty union: CSU needs more tenure Sun Ronald 3
Open Borders for Traffic Crimes in Our Open Bor... May 24 Culture Auditor 1
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) May 23 Hamilton MT Micro... 6,800
News At the mercy of the climate jihadists May 22 California Bound 15
More from around the web

Sacramento People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]