Jason March Sentenced 5-years For Hit-And-Run

Full story: Cbs13.com 130
Former Sacramento Police Officer Jason March has been sentenced to 5 years in prison for the hit-and-run murder of 13-year-old Michael Ramirez of Elk Grove. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
leslie from atlanta

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2006
this guy is a senseless bastard. i could not believe that he did't ever say sorry. what an animal!!!!
Michelle

Duvall, WA

#2 Aug 15, 2006
5yrs THATS IT??????
Nameless

Elk Grove, CA

#3 Dec 19, 2006
THIS MAN KILLED MY FRIEND....he can never be forgiven.....
Outraged in Sacramento

Sacramento, CA

#4 Dec 29, 2006
I know a lot of details about this accident having interned at a County office in Sacramento. Its one thing to hit a kid and kill him. Its quite another to:
be drunk
be a cop
make the DECISION to drive home drunk
speed
take off after an accident
plea bargain into a pussy deal

kid was in the wrong for darting out in traffic but cop was at fault for taking off after killing a 13 year old boy.
DSNTSLP

United States

#5 Jan 29, 2007
Nameless wrote:
THIS MAN KILLED MY FRIEND....he can never be forgiven.....
I am so sorry about your friend. I feel even worse that the officer only got 5 yrs. I hope to God that we see more justice than that in our case here in FL. Google the name "Michael Alayon' and you will see what I am talking about. Rick Nye was a family member of mine. I am trying to find info/statistics on the sentences of cops compared to civilians in hit and runs. I am trying to prove they never get as much time.
Jim

United States

#6 May 14, 2007
I would love to see Jason March when he gets out of prison. He is the biggest piece of crap that has ever walked the streets of Sacramento. 5 years in prison for everything he did is a joke. How does a guy do what he did and walk away with 5 years. There is somthing wrong with our justice system. He should have done 12 to 15 years minimum and been placed in general population. I would love to smack him in the face and show him how I really feel about him. I am so sorry for the familes loss. I have a 2 year old son and do not know what I would do if anything ever happened to him. RIP little guy...
not happy

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 May 16, 2007
What is wrong with the law? This Police officer Jason should of been sentenced to more then 5 years in prison. He hitand run with murder this child he did not even stay to see if he was a live he just might of been. Also if he had not be drinking that day Michael Ramirez would be a live to day. If this would of been a cop in no way there would of been such little time.

“Have you helped today?”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8 Oct 10, 2007
One year ago today:
Ryland (Rick) James Nye received his
"angel wings".

We miss you Rick!
Jessica

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2007
I feel police officers should get double the penalty for their crimes. They are the people who are supposed to enforce the law. Everyday they have weapons and power that the everyday joe cannot access, and when they abuse the law it should be far more then a slap on the wrist.
Justice What Justice

Manteca, CA

#11 Dec 30, 2007
my friend ACCIDENTLY backed up her van because her boyfriend was beating the crap out of her and his grandmother was standing behind the van, well she ran over her and she died, yes my friend was intoxicated and they gave her 13 to life... GO FIGURE...
All those that enforce the law in this area will ALL BE JUDGED according to their actions when they meet their makers and they won't have eachother to help get there stories straight, one on one they will all be judged...
Give a person a badge, gun and a title and they think they were just anointed by GOD...
Don't get me wrong there are some that are all about the people but sadly there just isn't enough of them....
I am pretty sure Jason is having a miserable time, especially being an ex-cop... I am sure he has become some guys boy toy...
Punisher

Grass Valley, CA

#12 Jan 3, 2008
Outraged in Sacramento wrote:
I know a lot of details about this accident having interned at a County office in Sacramento. Its one thing to hit a kid and kill him. Its quite another to:
be drunk
be a cop
make the DECISION to drive home drunk
speed
take off after an accident
plea bargain into a pussy deal
kid was in the wrong for darting out in traffic but cop was at fault for taking off after killing a 13 year old boy.
so why did you say he killed the kid then. i thought you said it was the kids fault, which it was. had he not run he probably would have only lost his job. i am sorry for the families loss but they need to see that the poor child was at fault. the Officer is and always will be a p.o.s for driving while intoxicated and for running after the boy accidently killed himself by running in front of him.
people need to realize he wasn't charged with murder or manslaughter because the death of the child was the childs fault. P.O.S march was probably only charged with d.u.i and felony hit and run, he actually got a pretty long sentence. an average joe would have only got 3-4yrs best.

Example: citizen on grantline road had one drink of alcohol was .08 bac, legally drunk on his way home a car came into his lane and the cars passenger died. The the other driver was driving without ever being issued a license and should be at fault right? wrong. one sip of alcohol makes you at fault even if the other driver should be. this citizen is doing 3years as we speak and it wasn't even his fault.

I know everyone is angry at march and everyone is blaming him for the childs death but the reality is he was not at fault. Him being an officer has nothing to do with his sentencing. He gave officers a black eye but he definitly is gatting what he deserved.

It was a terrible accident and my prayers go out to the family for their loss. I know i may upset some of you but these are the facts of the case wrong or right in your view they are still the facts. And yes one fact remains March is a P.O.S
OUT RAGED

United States

#13 Jan 26, 2008
he killed my friend and who ever gave that [beeeep] jus 5 years prolly dnt care either
its all guud... michaels nt 4gotten....
unknown

Elk Grove, CA

#14 Feb 15, 2008
Outraged in Sacramento wrote:
I know a lot of details about this accident having interned at a County office in Sacramento. Its one thing to hit a kid and kill him. Its quite another to:
be drunk
be a cop
make the DECISION to drive home drunk
speed
take off after an accident
plea bargain into a pussy deal
kid was in the wrong for darting out in traffic but cop was at fault for taking off after killing a 13 year old boy.
He never darted out in the first place, so, he really wasnt at fault for anything except for being in the street at the wrong time trying to get his skooter.
unknown

Elk Grove, CA

#15 Feb 15, 2008
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>so why did you say he killed the kid then. i thought you said it was the kids fault, which it was. had he not run he probably would have only lost his job. i am sorry for the families loss but they need to see that the poor child was at fault. the Officer is and always will be a p.o.s for driving while intoxicated and for running after the boy accidently killed himself by running in front of him.
people need to realize he wasn't charged with murder or manslaughter because the death of the child was the childs fault. P.O.S march was probably only charged with d.u.i and felony hit and run, he actually got a pretty long sentence. an average joe would have only got 3-4yrs best.
Example: citizen on grantline road had one drink of alcohol was .08 bac, legally drunk on his way home a car came into his lane and the cars passenger died. The the other driver was driving without ever being issued a license and should be at fault right? wrong. one sip of alcohol makes you at fault even if the other driver should be. this citizen is doing 3years as we speak and it wasn't even his fault.
I know everyone is angry at march and everyone is blaming him for the childs death but the reality is he was not at fault. Him being an officer has nothing to do with his sentencing. He gave officers a black eye but he definitly is gatting what he deserved.
It was a terrible accident and my prayers go out to the family for their loss. I know i may upset some of you but these are the facts of the case wrong or right in your view they are still the facts. And yes one fact remains March is a P.O.S
you ignorant bastard!!!!!!!!!1
one question for you....
Were you there? Did YOU SEE Michael run out in the street. He didn't dart out like an idiot. he looked and there was no car, then when he went out to cross the street to get his skooter, out of the blue this cop hits him! Get your facts straight dumb ass.
Punisher

Elk Grove, CA

#16 Feb 15, 2008
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
you ignorant bastard!!!!!!!!!1
one question for you....
Were you there? Did YOU SEE Michael run out in the street. He didn't dart out like an idiot. he looked and there was no car, then when he went out to cross the street to get his skooter, out of the blue this cop hits him! Get your facts straight dumb ass.
I do have the facts straight. I'm sorry you let your emotions cloud your judgement but the fact is the poor boy ran out into a street where a vehicle has the right away. You need to research before you post a quote.
SteveMusco

United States

#17 Mar 26, 2008
I agree with Jessica, and i hope his partners in prison know he was a cop! Don't drop the soap, Jason.
No Win

Sacramento, CA

#19 Mar 27, 2008
Many of you make some good points, but the fact remains that this was an accident. It could have happened to any one of you. An otherwise law abiding - law enforcing citizen is in jail while a young boy lost his life. No win.

Mr. March had no intent to kill Michael - you should all keep that in mind. March had no prior record and was the victim of very poor split second judgement after an ACCIDENT.
SteveMusco

United States

#20 Mar 31, 2008
to "No Win" How many times did March get away with driving drunk? you think this is just his first time driving drunk?? What should we do, award those that do a crime but had no intent? March had intent to drink and then drive. Of all ppl he knew the law, drop the soap Jason!
SteveMusco

United States

#21 Mar 31, 2008
to "No Win" and the rest of u cops. March knew what he was doing, that is why he ran. That one reason is enough that he should have gotten 20 years.
punisher

United States

#22 Apr 8, 2008
SteveMusco wrote:
to "No Win" and the rest of u cops. March knew what he was doing, that is why he ran. That one reason is enough that he should have gotten 20 years.
Thats very ignorant to say. So what should someone get for a traffic ticket 5 years. no intent is the key like no win said. March did not murder anyone. He simply put was involved in a traffic colision while drunk and then ran off. I am guessing he was probably charged with D.U.I, and felony hit an run. Most felonies carry a 3yr sentence ao he basically got an extra 2 yrs added on. Anyone in the same situation and not an Officer would most likely received less time. I am very sorry for the families loss but people we can't just hand out any old sentence because we take things personally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) 11 hr Trinity 5,267
Jennifer Miller 19 hr Ha Ha 3
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) Wed Nero 6,698
Victor Lopez Jr. sold METH (Nov '09) Nov 24 Homer is here 14
California man shot in head for resisting carja... Nov 24 Jeff Davis for Pr... 10
O'Reilly Asks Why Deported Illegal Aliens Who R... Nov 23 Earl 13
Former sheriff john mcginnis is a hypocrite. (Apr '12) Nov 23 RiccardoFire 18
Sacramento Dating
Find my Match

Sacramento People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sacramento News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sacramento

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:42 am PST