Comments
1 - 20 of 1,458 Comments Last updated May 16, 2013
First Prev
of 73
Next Last
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

God gave the Law(Mosaic)to Israel and No other Nation or people.

9 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws." Ps 147;19

6 “For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. 7 The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; 8 but because the LORD loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Deut 7
----------

HERE IS ANOTHER REASON WHY HE GAVE JUST THEM, THE SABBATH

15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm;

therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day. Deut 5
----------
The Sabbath Law

12 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying:‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

HERE IS A PERPETUAL COVENANT, JUST BETWEEN GOD AND ISRAEL

16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.
----------
When Jesus stated; The sabbath was made for man, many take this statement out of context,

as Jesus was referring to the Jewish man, since they were the only
ones who were given the sabbath, and the only ones of the family of God, for Christianty did not exist. You were either a Jew or Gentile

moreover, it makes Jesus a liar, for God did not give a Sabbath to the Cannaties or any other pagan nation or people. He did not give it to "mankind" as David Koot stated, Jesus said He gave it to man.

Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’
7 “For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? 8 And what great nation is there that has such statutes and righteous judgments as are in all this law which I set before you this day? Deut 4

Here David Koot reads this scripture below;

9 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws." Ps 147;19

and states;

There is no reference here to any covenant, nor is there any reference to the Sabbath, which was created at Creation, for mankind.

----------

Note: the word "laws" Ps 147:19 in Hebrew means Mosaic Law, which is the Law of Moses, which has the Ten C's which has the Sabbath commandment which God stated he gave to no other nation or people

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

>God gave the Law(Mosaic)to Israel and No other Nation or people.

Then why do we find in over 100 languages that the name of the seventh day of the week is "sabbath"?
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 19, 2011
 
Do you comprehend? If Jesus had said:

The Sabbath was made for "MANKIND" then the Cannatites , Amorites, Kenites and all would be
keeping the Sabbath, would be told this by scriptual revelation.
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Moreover, this is why we do not find God commanding the Christian to keep a Sabbath.
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

djconklin wrote:
>God gave the Law(Mosaic)to Israel and No other Nation or people.
Then why do we find in over 100 languages that the name of the seventh day of the week is "sabbath"?
same reason we find 1.3 billion Muslims
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

And even though God rested the Seventhday and declared it Holy does not mean it was for us.

Many things He declared Holy is not for us.

But what is the Greatest gift of Holiness to keep
is

JESUS CHRIST

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

>God gave the Law(Mosaic)to Israel and No other Nation or people.
Then why do we find in over 100 languages that the name of the seventh day of the week is "sabbath"?
same reason we find 1.3 billion Muslims
Non sequitur and irrelevant.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Shadrach wrote:
Moreover, this is why we do not find God commanding the Christian to keep a Sabbath.
Or Sunday. And yet if your reasoning was true enough then why do we find that most Christians around the Med still keeping the Sabbath even as late as the 5th century? They also kept the Sabbath in India till around the 1540's and in Ethiopia till about 1600

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Shadrach wrote:
God gave the Law(Mosaic)to Israel and No other Nation or people.
9 He has revealed his word to Jacob,
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws." Ps 147;19
6 “For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. 7 The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; 8 but because the LORD loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Deut 7
----------
HERE IS ANOTHER REASON WHY HE GAVE JUST THEM, THE SABBATH
15 And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm;
therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day. Deut 5
----------
The Sabbath Law
12 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying:‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
HERE IS A PERPETUAL COVENANT, JUST BETWEEN GOD AND ISRAEL
16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.
----------
When Jesus stated; The sabbath was made for man, many take this statement out of context,
as Jesus was referring to the Jewish man, since they were the only
ones who were given the sabbath, and the only ones of the family of God, for Christianty did not exist. You were either a Jew or Gentile
moreover, it makes Jesus a liar, for God did not give a Sabbath to the Cannaties or any other pagan nation or people. He did not give it to "mankind" as David Koot stated, Jesus said He gave it to man.
Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.’
7 “For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? 8 And what great nati
his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 He has done this for no other nation;
they do not know his laws." Ps 147;19
and states;
There is no reference here to any covenant, nor is there any reference to the Sabbath, which was created at Creation, for mankind.
----------
Note: the word "laws" Ps 147:19 in Hebrew means Mosaic Law, which is the Law of Moses, which has the Ten C's which has the Sabbath commandment which God stated he gave to no other nation or people
Where does it say in scripture that Jesus is the LORD of Sunday? Where does it say in scripture that Jesus STOPPED being the LORD of the Sabbath? Where does it say in scripture that the Sabbath was given to Israel only? Was Israel around at creation?

What would have happen if sin never entered this world and life as God planned it at Creation carried on for eternity with no sin? What would have happened concerning the 7th day the Sabbath? Would it have being kept as God gave example that very first 7th day through out eternity? Or would it have faded away into nothingness?
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 19, 2011
 
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>Or Sunday. And yet if your reasoning was true enough then why do we find that most Christians around the Med still keeping the Sabbath even as late as the 5th century? They also kept the Sabbath in India till around the 1540's and in Ethiopia till about 1600
It seems to me, the majority of your theological guidance is from outside biblical sources.

Your secular info you just presented is not as true as scripture.

First,it comes from you.
Second, this info came to you by another fallible source
Third, the scriptures rule, I follow His theology

It does not matter, how many people are keeping the Jewish Sabbath.

What matters is following the NT.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Shadrach wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me, the majority of your theological guidance is from outside biblical sources.
Your secular info you just presented is not as true as scripture.
First,it comes from you.
Second, this info came to you by another fallible source
Third, the scriptures rule, I follow His theology
It does not matter, how many people are keeping the Jewish Sabbath.
What matters is following the NT.
Answer these questions....

Where does it say in scripture that Jesus is the LORD of Sunday? Where does it say in scripture that Jesus STOPPED being the LORD of the Sabbath? Where does it say in scripture that the Sabbath was given to Israel only? Was Israel around at creation?

What would have happen if sin never entered this world and life as God planned it at Creation carried on for eternity with no sin? What would have happened concerning the 7th day the Sabbath? Would it have being kept as God gave example that very first 7th day through out eternity? Or would it have faded away into nothingness?
Diane

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anti-AlF -Chick, the Sabbath was given to Israel as a historical fact. We know this is a Biblical fact even if you don't accept it. Also the Sabbath given in the Garden of Eden is not found in the Bible. That is a fact. You can assume it to be so, but that does not make it a fact. The Lord of the Sabbath is Lord of many things. The Lord is the Lord of everything, yes even of everyday of the week. He made it. He still is Lord of all the days, months, years and time forever.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 19, 2011
 
Diane wrote:
Anti-AlF -Chick, the Sabbath was given to Israel as a historical fact. We know this is a Biblical fact even if you don't accept it. Also the Sabbath given in the Garden of Eden is not found in the Bible. That is a fact. You can assume it to be so, but that does not make it a fact. The Lord of the Sabbath is Lord of many things. The Lord is the Lord of everything, yes even of everyday of the week. He made it. He still is Lord of all the days, months, years and time forever.
To put it simply, Jesus is Lord of EVERYTHING, including the sabbath. He's THE BOSS, and has the authority to say who's required to keep what and when and how! He is Lord of Saturday, Sunday, and all the other days. We have the freedom to worship any time we wish, but are not REQUIRED to worship on any specific day, not on Saturday, and not Sunday (which is the day I choose to attend church). Worship every day and any day, just don't judge anyone for the day they have chosen to worship, and we'll do the same for you.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Diane wrote:
Anti-AlF -Chick, the Sabbath was given to Israel as a historical fact. We know this is a Biblical fact even if you don't accept it. Also the Sabbath given in the Garden of Eden is not found in the Bible. That is a fact. You can assume it to be so, but that does not make it a fact. The Lord of the Sabbath is Lord of many things. The Lord is the Lord of everything, yes even of everyday of the week. He made it. He still is Lord of all the days, months, years and time forever.
You say "Also the Sabbath given in the Garden of Eden is not found in the Bible."

Are you saying now that the Sabbath, the 7th day of Creation is not the Sabbath, the 7th day we now have? Where is your scripture for that? When did it change and by whose authority for it was NOT by the authority of God, because He is the Creator of all things including the Sabbath and the days of the weeks?

Show where the Bible says that Jesus is the LORD of any day other then the Sabbath, the 7th day from scripture.

The Bible says the Sabbath was made for man, not the Sabbath was made for Israel. Show where in the scriptures it says that the Sabbath was made for Israel.

Also do you not comprehend what it means when it says "man" ? Does it mean "Israel" Does it mean "women" . Man means all members of the human race, without regard to sex, it means every human being, male, female no what race they belong to, it means a member of the species Homo sapiens.... Man does NOT mean Israel only. So when the bible says the Sabbath was made for man it means for all mankind regardless of sex or race of people. Jesus is the LORD of the Sabbath and the Sabbath was made for ALL of mankind, not just for a few select people.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 19, 2011
 
Diane, I wasn't inferring that you were judging anyone for the day they might choose to worship - I didn't word my post very well, and wanted you to be assured I wasn't referring to you.

Blessings,
GJ
Diane

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 19, 2011
 
GrammyJoanne, that was sweet of you to write back. All is well.
Diane

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 19, 2011
 
GrammyJoanne, thank you for the sweet words. All is well.

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 20, 2011
 
Why is the Sabbath not observed in heaven?

Why do Christians have to keep the Sabbath because Israelites and Jews escaped from Egypt 3000 years ago?

Doug
His4everfriend

Dawson Creek, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 20, 2011
 
Doug Mason wrote:
Why is the Sabbath not observed in heaven?
Why do Christians have to keep the Sabbath because Israelites and Jews escaped from Egypt 3000 years ago?
Doug
Dear Doug

I remember talking to you before. It is good to see you again and may God bless you and yours. You ask some important questions. So why would we observe a day that was kept by ancient Israel ? As I read scripture the answer is we don't have to at all anymore than we have to worship God in the first place. I see no-where in scripture that God uses force too make people do that which they wish not to do. He does say that those who come... He freely accepts.

The inference in the way that your question is clear ... when you say " have to keep " the implication that such a decision would involve heavy drudgery yet in scripture I see exactly the opposite. As we look closer at the question I would have to ask those who are following this thread "Have you fully surrendered your life to God ? " If not then the Sabbath would indeed be heavy drudgery as the Sabbath was made for our delight. We read...

- Isa. 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath,[from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:
58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth,

and

Ps. in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

The whole purpose of the Sabbath is RELATIONSHIP with the living God.

So... does the Sabbath still apply today ? Well the answer is scripture is clear. We read ...

Gal. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

If we look at this passage we see two import facts.

-There is neither Jew nor Gentile in God's eyes. This clearly tells us the there is no Jewish Sabbath and then another Christian Sunday. The two do not exist in God's plan for thei earth.

- We are heirs ... this means that we "Christian's" ARE modern Israel. Many christian's have missed this or even rebel against the idea yet Paul mekes this very clear when he said...

Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

We gentiles are the wild olive tree that was "grafted in" to Israel. If scripture is true... then we are the "Israel of God" ... and... the Jews who believe are "natural" tree unto which we are grafted. And try as many do to make it of no effect... God's word is still true and I would have to ask in all sincerity... who would not want to have a part of the wonderful "heritage" and to be partakers of the root [Jesus] and fatness [His blessings] that "GOD" has so graciously provided.

My prayer for each of you is that you would find delight in a personal relationship with Him who made a special time away from the world and it's cares ...each and every week. Why would anyone want to miss out on that?

His4everfriend

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 20, 2011
 
I don't see how these verses answer my questions, which relate to time, rather than to enforced observance.

Isaiah 58 was written at the time of the Babylonian Captivity and is hence in the context of the punishment of Judah because of its determined disobedience to the prophets (at least that was the explanation being given by the priests and their scribes for their current predicament). One therefore needs to read the whole of the poem and not take the selected verses out of context.

Secondly, Galatians (which was written by Paul) is against certain people, likely from the Jerusalem Sect of the Anointed (Christ) who had followed his foray to the Galatians and were demanding that the new Gentile followers had to religiously follow the Jewish laws and ceremonies, such as having to be circumcised. Paul was always at odds with the Jerusalem sect. His idealistic visionary experience is reflected in these cited verses.

Romans (most of which was written by Paul) must be seen in the context of the times, in which he invokes expressions employed by the Roman emperors to themselves, and also in the fact that at that time, the people of the Anointed (Christ) were still seen by most as a group of people following one of the Jewish splinters. Paul still defended himself as being a Jew. There was a sizeable Jewish population across the Mediterrean region, hence Paul's objective to go to Spain.
----------
But none of this is relevant to my questions.

I still note that the Sabbath is limited to this planet Earth and it is referenced to the (supposed) Exodus from Egypt.

Doug

PS. I haven't been around for a while as I have been occupied with events related to my Mum's 100th birthday.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 73
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the MARRIED COUPLE st TERRILYN & mr LOST WORKER (Aug '13) 17 min Pioneer 51
sT TERRILYN HOLY TONGUE (Mar '13) 21 min Pioneer 21
ACTS 13:44 proves PAUL did not trash sabbath 31 min Pioneer 21
PAUL ABOLISHED THE SABBATH for CHRISTIANS!!! 1 hr DANNO 54
Be Dead to the Law. 2 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 49
Mr. Martinez was right re: Islam. Beheading Ch... 2 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 214
The Blasphemy of Jesus 2 hr birdman 128
Ten Commandments were not given to Adam and Eve (Jul '13) 2 hr Shadrach 2,926
Was Mrs.White Right or Wrong? 3 hr Pioneer 834

Search the Seventh-day Adventist Forum:
•••