Comments
1 - 20 of 70 Comments Last updated May 1, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sitka

Sitka, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 10, 2010
 
Did Jesus eat pigs and establish Sunday keeping churches?

If Jesus changed his sabbath day from saturday to sunday, and made it okay for us to eat pigs by his death on the cross we should find him saying something about this during his last 40 days on earth before going back to heaven.

Please show me where Jesus opened a Sunday keeping church and taught his disciples to eat pigs in it during those 40 days.

Since: Jul 10

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 10, 2010
 
sitka wrote:
Did Jesus eat pigs and establish Sunday keeping churches?
If Jesus changed his sabbath day from saturday to sunday, and made it okay for us to eat pigs by his death on the cross we should find him saying something about this during his last 40 days on earth before going back to heaven.
Please show me where Jesus opened a Sunday keeping church and taught his disciples to eat pigs in it during those 40 days.
Sitka.

You have more than ONE question in your opening post. I am NOT afraid to ANSWER ANY SPIRITUAL or BIBLICAL QUESTION!! unlike some of your friends on here!

1. EGW silly jesus who entered the THRONE of GOD in 22 Oct 1844 is a filthy stinking guy who eats anything that was CREATED by GOD even PAUL agrees with me in > 1st Tim 4: 4-5

2. EGW silly jesus could NOT even open the DOOR in the apartment he was in UNTIL 22 OCT 1844!! His apartment must have stank because he did NOT go out until 1844! Nort even to get cleaning stuff! So, he could NOT have the BRAINS to ESTABLISH any CHURCH!!

3. JESUS of the BIBLE is a different story!! He entered HEAVEN and SAT at the THRONE of GOD before STEPHEN DIED [NO apartment] ACTs 7: 55 , Heb 8: 1-3 , Heb 6: 19-20
His church has the 10 commands including the SABBATH!! He said the SABBATH was made for man!! inother words for MANKIND ie HUMANS ONLY!!

4. On pigs: He did NOT come to change the LAWS of MOSES Matt 5: 17-20 Moses said pigs are NOT for HUMAN CONSUMPTION!! Notice i said "HUMAN" so, if you are NOT HUMAN it is OK to EAT everything on this planet including Ex-Pastor KOOT TESTICALS and his supporters and the SPLINTER groups too! WITH thanks giving!!
1st Tim 4: 4-5

Dan

Since: Jul 10

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 10, 2010
 
Delicious BARBEQUED TESTICALS by UNCLE BARBIE on a picnic. > http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Everything can be eaten with THANKS GIVING FIRST!
A Voice In The Wilderness

Vineland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 10, 2010
 
Dan, I hope you realize that you talk more about Ellen White than any SDA that I've ever seen.

Isn't it marvelous how God works friends?
Jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 10, 2010
 
What is this "sunday keeping churches" stuff? Dont know any Christian who "keeps" Sunday. They go to church on Sunday because it is the Lords Day. We are to esteem all days alike. No I dont recall our Lord telling anyone to eat pork. However Peter did recieve a vision that all things are clean and to be taken with thanks. There is a clear command in the New Testement to abstain from blood. And I have heard that EGW enjoyed oysters and imbibed quite often. Fishy ay.
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 11, 2010
 
Poster asks: Did Jesus eat pigs?

Answer: NO!

CB

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 11, 2010
 
Crazy Baptist wrote:
Poster asks: Did Jesus eat pigs?
Answer: NO!
CB
Why not?

:-)
KoalaGums

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It doesn't say so anywhere in the NT, but I seriously doubt Jesus did eat pigs. He was Jewish, after all.
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 11, 2010
 
CINDERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
:-)
Jesus was a Jew.

He wasn't permitted to eat the things that His Father said was unlean to the Jews.

Blessings, CB
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 11, 2010
 
CINDERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
:-)
Jesus was a Jew.

He wasn't permitted to eat the things that His Father said was unlean to the Jews.

Deuteronomy 14:1-2 You are the children of the Lord your God. Do not cut yourselves or shave the front of your heads for the dead, 2for you are a people holy to the Lord your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the Lord has chosen you to be his treasured possession.

Leviticus 10:10 You must distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean,

Leviticus 20:25 "'You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground--those which I have set apart as unclean for you.

Blessings, CB
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Jonebgood wrote:
What is this "sunday keeping churches" stuff? Dont know any Christian who "keeps" Sunday. They go to church on Sunday because it is the Lords Day. We are to esteem all days alike. No I dont recall our Lord telling anyone to eat pork. However Peter did recieve a vision that all things are clean and to be taken with thanks. There is a clear command in the New Testement to abstain from blood. And I have heard that EGW enjoyed oysters and imbibed quite often. Fishy ay.
Please provide verses that show Jesus made sunday his day during his last 40 days on earth?

Please show verses where Jesus "esteemed" all days alike?

Please show where Jesus, Peter, or any of the other disciples ate pigs?

We are not talking about EGW, we are talking about what Jesus did and did not do.
Geniac

Nettie, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 11, 2010
 
Don't get tripped up on 1 Tim. chapter four. The Koine Greek word rendered meat is "broma". It is generic and can be understood as an 'orderly arrangement' of food that just might, but not always, mean flesh food. Another word appearing in that text is 'creature' which includes human creatures. I don't think Paul was promoting cannibalism.
Paul from California

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

sitka wrote:
Did Jesus eat pigs and establish Sunday keeping churches?
If Jesus changed his sabbath day from saturday to sunday, and made it okay for us to eat pigs by his death on the cross we should find him saying something about this during his last 40 days on earth before going back to heaven.
Please show me where Jesus opened a Sunday keeping church and taught his disciples to eat pigs in it during those 40 days.
Jesus did not change the Israeli Sabbath He kept Gal 4:4

He did away with it by means of a New Covenant Heb 8

Jesus also went to several barbeques in which He ate

steak at one and fish at another.

He hung out with Johnny B who ate locusts.
Paul from California

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Sitka, forbidding to abstain from certian food is demonic

Every creature of God is GOOD.....NOW

and NOTHING is to be refused.....Now

IF..........IF it is RECEIVED with THANKSGIVING

why......?

Because it is sanctified by Gods Word
----------
But Sitka, if Cinders ever likes me again and we decide to have lunch and shake hands,

I would not order and eat, steak, hamburger, shrimp, oyters,clams,crab,lobster, porkchops, bacon, hordogs,etc, for it would hurt her, and I would not want to upset her while she watched me eat these things she believes to be unclean.

I Love the Lord and will keep His commandments.

Therefore, I would order, some grains of rice, with
a peice of bread and a grape and maybe a carrot,and
maybe a celery stick and maybe some broth....

The Law of Love

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e]is acceptable to God and approved by men.
Rom 14
SamBee

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 11, 2010
 
Paul from California wrote:
Sitka, forbidding to abstain from certian food is demonic
Every creature of God is GOOD.....NOW
and NOTHING is to be refused.....Now
IF..........IF it is RECEIVED with THANKSGIVING
why......?
Because it is sanctified by Gods Word
----------
But Sitka, if Cinders ever likes me again and we decide to have lunch and shake hands,
I would not order and eat, steak, hamburger, shrimp, oyters,clams,crab,lobster, porkchops, bacon, hordogs,etc, for it would hurt her, and I would not want to upset her while she watched me eat these things she believes to be unclean.
I Love the Lord and will keep His commandments.
Therefore, I would order, some grains of rice, with
a peice of bread and a grape and maybe a carrot,and
maybe a celery stick and maybe some broth....
The Law of Love
14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e]is acceptable to God and approved by men.
Rom 14
Shalom,

Isaiah 66:15-17

15For, behold, Yahweh will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16For by fire and by his sword will Yahweh plead with all flesh: and the slain of Yahweh shall be many.

17They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith Yahweh.

Those that eat swines flesh will be consumed (destroyed) by Yahweh.I don't care how much you pray over swines flesh it is stil unclean and Yahweh said that you shouldn't even touch its flesh.
Crazy Baptist

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 11, 2010
 
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom,
Isaiah 66:15-17
15For, behold, Yahweh will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16For by fire and by his sword will Yahweh plead with all flesh: and the slain of Yahweh shall be many.
17They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith Yahweh.
Those that eat swines flesh will be consumed (destroyed) by Yahweh.I don't care how much you pray over swines flesh it is stil unclean and Yahweh said that you shouldn't even touch its flesh.
WRONG and you know it.

PROOF?? Leviticus!!

CB
Paul from California

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 11, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom,
Isaiah 66:15-17
15For, behold, Yahweh will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16For by fire and by his sword will Yahweh plead with all flesh: and the slain of Yahweh shall be many.
17They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith Yahweh.
Those that eat swines flesh will be consumed (destroyed) by Yahweh.I don't care how much you pray over swines flesh it is stil unclean and Yahweh said that you shouldn't even touch its flesh.
Remember, the OT has become obsolete Heb 8

There is a New Covenat which IS NOT ACCORDING to the Old

moreover God is not the author of confusion...

Peter’s Vision

9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour. 10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance 11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him,“Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
14 But Peter said,“Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time,“What God has cleansed you must not call common.” 16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.

God stated, He has cleansed the things common or unclean in regards to food.

and sure enough

God provided the Christ follower in the Gospel with supporting scriptures 1Tim 4 :4 Rom 14:14

All TRUTH IS PARALLEL

Now we have those who do not care and preach their own gospel.
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 12, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Paul from California wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not change the Israeli Sabbath He kept Gal 4:4
He did away with it by means of a New Covenant Heb 8
Jesus also went to several barbeques in which He ate
steak at one and fish at another.
He hung out with Johnny B who ate locusts.
If you are correct just show me the verses where Jesus ate pigs after the cross, and started up sunday churches after the cross.
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 12, 2010
 
Paul from California wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, the OT has become obsolete Heb 8
There is a New Covenat which IS NOT ACCORDING to the Old
moreover God is not the author of confusion...
Peter’s Vision
9 The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour. 10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance 11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him,“Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
14 But Peter said,“Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time,“What God has cleansed you must not call common.” 16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.
God stated, He has cleansed the things common or unclean in regards to food.
and sure enough
God provided the Christ follower in the Gospel with supporting scriptures 1Tim 4 :4 Rom 14:14
All TRUTH IS PARALLEL
Now we have those who do not care and preach their own gospel.
"And a voice came to him,“Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” But Peter said,“Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”

If Jesus did away with everything at the cross as you claim, why wasn't Peter eating pigs up intil this point?

Show me where it says he ate pigs because of this vision?

Show me where Peter told anyone to eat pigs?
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 12, 2010
 
Paul from California wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, the OT has become obsolete Heb 8
So Jesus displaced God, his heavenly Father, destorying him, his kingdom, and all of his silly laws and commandments?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Seventh-day Adventist Forum right now

Search the Seventh-day Adventist Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
THE SWEET LIE by SATAN THAT CANNOT BE REJECTED ... (Dec '13) 27 min Shane Rohrich 147
The FIRST time a Sabbath was made Known (Jan '14) 29 min Eyeswideopenq 1,791
...The number OF A MAN 38 min Shane Rohrich 222
The Investigative Judgment - Why it is necessary (Sep '12) 51 min Shane Rohrich 383
Is there anyone that has in depth studies on th... 2 hr Walt50 262
The False Doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved'. 2 hr Professional Troll 766
Lay Worker (Mar '11) 3 hr CINDERS 15
Ten Commandments were not given to Adam and Eve (Jul '13) 8 hr DANNO 2,391
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••