Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
13,461 - 13,480 of 32,000 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jun 25

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY do you think you have the right to demand ANYONE justify to YOU?
Do you think you are God or something?
That is just tacky and tasteless.
Will you get over it?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
See, when you accuse anyone of something you have no proof of to use to prove your accuization, you're resorting to being an ignorant, pathetic, moronic excuse for a human.
Mormon historians don't agree with you and never will. They have ideas and that is as they state them to be polite and articulate in their writings.
Show me a Mormon historian that says they have proof of source(s) Smith used (beside the Bible) and I'll show you a liar. There are no known sources for where Smith got inspiration from to write the BOM.
The reason there are no known sources is because Smith and others who said they were witnesses of where the info came from, claimed he was reading from gold plates. None of them ever claimed he was reading from any other source of information while telling them what to write. They never claimed he had a pile of books or manuscripts he'd had put together earlier from books to read from.
Thus according to your theory of his having got his information from "other sources" it would set him with a gift of remembering everything he read. With that gift according to your theory, he read everyone eles's works, rememberer everthing anyone had said of natives be ing Hebrews, then forged a stack of gold plated plates he let some see and heft. Then behind his curtain he'd pretend to read from the gold plated plates. But according to your theory what he was really doing, was pulling all he'd memorized from his mind and constructed one of the most perfectly made up fictional stories that any one had accomplished for thousands of years, all by his mighty mind of memory.
And then after all that fine memorizing, he couldn't remember to keep the first vision correct each and every time...lol.
As I tell you over and over, you don't think about what you say when you say it and it's far reaching complications.
This scenerio is more believable than the prophet line.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

A bad day Smith Translating:

Alma 23:
16 And now it came to pass that the king and those who were converted were desirous that they might have a name, that thereby they might be distinguished from their brethren; therefore the king consulted with Aaron and many of their priests, concerning the name that they should take upon them, that they might be distinguished.

17 And it came to pass that they called their names Anti-Nephi-Lehies; and they were called by this name and were no more called Lamanites.

18 And they began to be a very aindustrious people; yea, and they were friendly with the Nephites; therefore, they did open a correspondence with them, and the curse of God did no more follow them.

Alma 24:
1 And it came to pass that the Amalekites and the Amulonites and the Lamanites who were in the land of aAmulon, and also in the land of bHelam, and who were in the land of cJerusalem, and in fine, in all the land round about, who had not been converted and had not taken upon them the name of dAnti-Nephi-Lehi, were stirred up by the Amalekites and by the Amulonites to anger against their brethren.

2 And their hatred became exceedingly sore against them, even insomuch that they began to rebel against their king, insomuch that they would not that he should be their king; therefore, they took up arms against the people of Anti-Nephi-Lehi.

3 Now the king conferred the kingdom upon his son, and he called his name Anti-Nephi-Lehi.

The king called his son "Anti-Nephi-Lehi". Why would they be "Anti-Nephi-Lehi's" if they were friendly with the Nephites? How are they "Anti" and pro Nephites at the same time?

Nooooo, Joseph Smith couldn't have made that up.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you get over it?
Nope, I don't think I will. Stop whining... cry baby!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Fact is...

mrs dane roberts

addresses factual information (so he implies), that can't be factual because it's obtained from:

1) non official Mormon sites...

2) ex-communicated Mormons... because of inappropriate or unauthorized abuses...

3) copy-paste opinions (that he doesn't even read)

---he debates "Mormonism" on these evidences...

---plays bait and hook games to attack people or send them on erroneous missions that he never addresses, nor intends to address...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

---mrs dane roberts is a fraud who has demonstarted over and over his true intentions...

---it's impractical to even fathom any logical factual thoughts flowing out of his mouth...

---HE HAS PROVEN THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN...

---Always:
.fetishing peoples underclothes,
.using filthy vulgarity,
.endless turning of every possible moment of life into perverted, and hate filled, twisted, rambling...

---Never:
.addressing people respectfully… like he had truth on his side,

---Logical? or, Pathetic? You decide.

He is here out of vengence and spite...
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to embrace fantasies just to please a phony religion that only wants to run every detail of my life without giving me anything in return. Sorry, that's not going to happen.
No response to the rest. It was just all BS.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

mrs dane roberts...

You remind me of Cain... so jealous of his brother Able that he killed him.

YOU have a hidden agenda.

You are here to cause as much chaos as you can and be as destructive as you can because you were jealous that you didn't have what you felt was important to you from the Church.

You personally stated this...
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to embrace fantasies just to please a phony religion that only wants to run every detail of my life without giving me anything in return. Sorry, that's not going to happen.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

The Bible also testifies of Jospeh Smith,
Isaiah 29:11-12
Malachi 3:1
Ezekiel 37:16-20

YOU can't fraudulantly deny the artifacts... the evidence in Meso-America...

So you never address it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step_pyramid

DENY THAT... LOOK AT THE SIMULARITIES IN THE STEPS OF THE PYRAMIDS...

https://www.google.com/search...

hmmm...

YOU CAN'T Snap your fingers and make them disappear...

ADDRESS the facts...

ADDRESS the scriptions testifying of Joseph Smith...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

TheSanduskyDoctrine wrote:
<quoted text>
///
Your histrionic 'may' and 'coulda' VAPORIZED
WHEN YOU DIDN'T PRODUCE A SINGLE SWORN STATEMENT FROM ANYONE SAYING JOSEPH SMITH SPENT HIS TIME TEACHING HIMSELF FULL LITERACY.

You IGNORANT HICK,

YOU ALREADY SHOT YOUR BEFUDDLE-BOAT IN HALF WHEN YOU WENT TO GREAT PAINS EXPLAINING HOW SMITH WAS ALWAYS BUSY HERE, THERE, WORKING FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND LOST ESTATES AND TREASURE where THEY THOUGHT MEN had BURIED IT.

You CAN ONLY OBJECT a CERTAIN NUMBER of TIMES BEFORE YOUR OBJECTIONS BEGIN TO CONFLICT IN E.V.E.R.Y. MAJOR PARTICULAR.

HE CAN'T have HAD ACCESS to the BOOKS in a CHARACTER SUCH AS HIS LIFE, and NO ONE TESTIFY THEY KNEW IT.

Your WITCHCRAFT COMPETENCY FORENSICS bore even the SOPHOMORIC.

You're a queer, you got caught molesting.

You're out.

Whatever happens to you I fully endorse and I know several people who personally feel the same way. Those little boys were innocent and YOU - not Joseph Smith or your wife, YOU did what you did to them,

and you're not getting back in.

End of story until they catch you in whatever church you've moved on to "teach" in.
WOW

TheSanduskyDoctrine Dude said a mouthful of truth!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

THIS IS HOW MRS DANE ROBERTS RESPONDS TO POSTS
POST 12906
---
HE can't take the entire post and quote it because "He Doesn't Get ANYTHING In Return"
---
He REFUSES to "EMBRACE" ANY FACTUAL evidence HE chooses to EVADE if it doesn't suit HIM and HIS "fantasies"
---
He is only here for vengeance against the Church... because "HE doesn't get ANYTHING in RETURN"
---
I don't think Jesus sought return when he was on the cross paying for our sins... along with everyone else’s
DID HE DANE?
---

Here are the posts he refuses to respond to regarding that post:

---

POSTS about artifacts (he can't deny their existence so he doesn't address them)

When in Fact HE typically doesn’t respond to FACTUAL information in them

because HE just wants to argue

NOT research FACTUAL information if it doesn't suit HIM and HIS OPINIONS.

RIGHT DANE?

because in reality Dane's opinions are all that matter to him... RIGHT?

ISNT THAT RIGHT Mrs Dane Commander of the UNIVERSE?

Creator of WHAT HE CHOOSES TO ACCEPT AS TRUTH...

not ALL of it... only what you wants to ACCEPT...

BECAUSE
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Christ set up his Church "The Church of Jesus Christ" during his ministry. Money, power, and evil changed it.

That cannot be denied... it is documented... it's factual history.

Christ turned around and re-established his Church... "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"

... do you get it? The LDS Church is Christs Church

... you are trying to bring down Christs Church with your insults and vulgar attempts of running 1 person away here and there

... the LDS Church is the TRUE Church of Christ...

http://mormon.org/jesus-christ ...

But what do we mean when we say He is the Savior of the world? The Redeemer? Each of these titles point to the truth that Jesus Christ is the only way by which we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. Jesus suffered and was crucified for the sins of the world, giving each of God’s children the gift of repentance and forgiveness. Only by His mercy and grace can anyone be saved. His subsequent resurrection prepared the way for every person to overcome physical death as well. These events are called the Atonement. In short, Jesus Christ saves us from sin and death. For that, he is very literally our Savior and Redeemer. In the future Jesus Christ will return to reign on earth in peace for a thousand years. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and He will be our Lord forever.

---

You see Dana...

God will always win in the end.

Be truthful, research and report truthfully, prosper... and win.

Degrade yourself and others and be seen as an evil filthy rat... and loose.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

The Bible testifies of of The Book of Mormon,

John 10:15-16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Isaiah 29:11-14

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

statements...

I gave the facts...
I gave the source...
Your statement only backs up what I said...

Just because you wish to act like a fool... and wish to stay closed minded... doesn't mean that everyone does.

I will not do as you say or wish. I do not take orders from you or your kind.

Lol... I TYPE TOO MUCH when I give factual supported evidence... Then you turn around and verify what the document I provided says in your post...

you are truly lame!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

HE can't take the entire post and quote it because "He Doesn't Get ANYTHING In Return"
---
He REFUSES to "EMBRACE" ANY FACTUAL evidence HE chooses to EVADE if it doesn't suit HIM and HIS "fantasies"
---
He is only here for vengeance against the Church... because "HE doesn't get ANYTHING in RETURN"
---
I don't think Jesus sought return when he was on the cross paying for our sins... along with everyone else’s
DID HE DANE?
---

Here are the posts he refuses to respond to regarding that post:
POST # 12876

POST # 12877

POST # 12878

POST # 12879

POST # 12880

POST # 12881

POST #12882
---
When in Fact HE typically doesn’t respond to FACTUAL information in them

because HE just wants to argue

NOT research FACTUAL information if it doesn't suit HIM and HIS OPINIONS.

RIGHT DANE?

because in reality Dane's opinions are all that matter to him... RIGHT?

ISNT THAT RIGHT Mrs Dane Commander of the UNIVERSE?

Creator of WHAT HE CHOOSES TO ACCEPT AS TRUTH...

not ALL of it... only what you wants to ACCEPT...

BECAUSE
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you get over it?
Deaconess!!!!

Lol...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

What was mrs. dane roberts saying about archeology in south america? What was that? Oh yes he said there's NO archeology.

Except those IDENTICALLY MATHEMATICALLY STRUCTURED STEPPED PYRAMIDS. That's the sound of mrs dane roberts is so stupid he missed ENTIRE PYRAMID COMPLEXES during his SEARCH for RIDICULING l.d.s. people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step_pyramid

DENY THE SIMULARITIES IN THE STEPS OF THE PYRAMIDS...

https://www.google.com/search ...

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

oh...

I still won't be going away... it's still not my time yet...

Heavenly Father has protected me from trash like you all through my life... and guess what I'm still here to defend the tremendous blessings he has givin me.

No, you will never win...
Cause... GOD WINS!

You do not even act like a Christian, you loose!

“Duty is a Privilege! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Just tacky and tasteless... that's all it is Deaconess!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

piratefighting wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY do you think you have the right to demand ANYONE justify to YOU?
Do you think you are God or something?
That is just tacky and tasteless.
You hit the nail on the head!

After all, the fellow lambastes the LDS Church for it's stance on homosexuality, but is himself a proud member of the Salvation Army, a church which has the same, identical stance on homosexuality as does the LDS church.

When challenged on this, he merely waves off criticism with his usual "holier than thou" attitude, believing he is so much more enlightened than any church, and believing that he's going to change his church's belief system from within.

No church should change it's perception of biblical principle in order to cater to a tiny minority of members who don't agree with those principles. I would be disappointed with the Salvation Army if they do so.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head!
After all, the fellow lambastes the LDS Church for it's stance on homosexuality, but is himself a proud member of the Salvation Army, a church which has the same, identical stance on homosexuality as does the LDS church.
When challenged on this, he merely waves off criticism with his usual "holier than thou" attitude, believing he is so much more enlightened than any church, and believing that he's going to change his church's belief system from within.
No church should change it's perception of biblical principle in order to cater to a tiny minority of members who don't agree with those principles. I would be disappointed with the Salvation Army if they do so.
That's Mormons for you. They make the most outrageous, ignorant claims, refuse to see the facts, then when put to the test, cry like little baby's "We don't have to justify to you!".

And who is on of the loudest cry babies? The smoking, drinking Mormon who can't even keep the most basic of the church's commandments. The church is sooooo true, he can't be bothered to do what they say. You want to know how to tell these 2 assclowns are lying? Their mouths are open. they would make perfect Mormon leaders.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••