Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

I am also a victim of JW molesters and had to leave the WTBTS because of their abuse. I could blame our Heavenly Father. It would be easy but He continues to answer my prayers and reminds me of His loving arrangement. Keep on praying and He will strengthen you.

Words Israel will say.......
14 "Elders are gone from the gate,Young men from their music."

15 "The joy of our hearts has ceased;Our dancing has been turned into mourning."

16 "The crown has fallen from our head;Woe to us, for we have sinned!"

17 "Because of this our heart is faint,Because of these things our eyes are dim;...."

18 "Because of Mount Zion which lies desolate,Foxes prowl in it."

Lamentations 5:14-18
New American Standard Bible

~~~~~~~~~~

Words our Heavenly Father is saying:

5 "They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and they became food for every beast of the field and were scattered."

6 "My flock wandered through all the mountains and on every high hill; My flock was scattered over all the surface of the earth, and there was no one to search or seek for them."

7 "Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:....."

8 "As I live,” declares the Lord GOD,“surely because My flock has become a prey, My flock has even become food for all the beasts of the field for lack of a shepherd, and My shepherds did not search for My flock, but rather the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock;...."

9 "...therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:...."

10 "....Thus says the Lord GOD,“Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will demand My sheep from them and make them cease from feeding sheep. So the shepherds will not feed themselves anymore, but I will deliver My flock from their mouth, so that they will not be food for them."

Ezekiel 334:5-10

The Holy Bible is the Word of God. All scriptures are inspired by Him.

comeuppance

Gasconade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Nope, most of my digging was from my husband's huge library of Watchtower Society literature dating back to dang near a hundred years. I did adopt the use of WTS so because I saw it and it was so much easier to type than Watchtower Society. It takes an instant, and everyone here knows what it means. Simple explanation.
comeuppance

Gasconade, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Sure Paul, Peter, and all the rest struggled with imperfection, as does the GB now. But they didn't make mistakes in direction and then change their minds in the scriptures. This is the thing, the Bible writers were all imperfect men, but they didn't have to change the story as they went along.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text> given you use the term "WTS" then it sounds like most of your digging was from the apostate sites?
Most apostate arguments can be boiled down to imperfection of men arguements. They cannot accept the fallibility of the governing body when the bible clearly shows Paul, Peter and all the others struggled with this too.
. What is not exceptable. is the lack of support to those that have become Victims.. The WTS.. declares new light on all kinds of things.. Yet they sit like the Sanhedin and train the Elders to cover their butt.. Knowing full well how other churches were being exposed..it wasn't as if they couldn't have made drastic changes..And yet.. They sat as a Queen... Taking God for granted.. That they would not be exposed.. SO! why do you suspose He exposed them???
james r

South Dartmouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

brothers and sisters Dont speak to apostates dont even respond to them at all. Let them say whatever they please their thoughts are unprofitable and they only want to provoke a response from us dont give whats holy to dogs or throw your pearls to swine
Corinthian

Crestview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
ERA=Ebrams Electronic Clinic
http://www.seanet.com/~raines/goodrich.html
Ty!

“Houston, TX”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

The title of this is false. Jehovah controls the WTBTS and would never allow child abuse. EVER!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

james r wrote:
brothers and sisters Dont speak to apostates dont even respond to them at all. Let them say whatever they please their thoughts are unprofitable and they only want to provoke a response from us dont give whats holy to dogs or throw your pearls to swine
. REflect that these people are allowed to come into your churches.... Sit amonst your people and the Elders often know what they did... Pearls before swine... They don't even listen to.. that scripture..
dee lightful

Pelzer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Why wrote:
<quoted text> given you use the term "WTS" then it sounds like most of your digging was from the apostate sites?
Most apostate arguments can be boiled down to imperfection of men arguements. They cannot accept the fallibility of the governing body when the bible clearly shows Paul, Peter and all the others struggled with this too.
LOL
To say they are fallible and out of the other side of the mouth say you must believe what they says is from God and if you don't believe then you are an apostate and will be disf.
Don't you see how foolish it is to believe such double talk ?
What has happened is that people have gotten into the very same habit that politicians get caught up in - using words only to their own advantage. Words no longer have distinct meaning. Instead, everything now is only meant to impress the hearer, and not to convey any real information. The goal is pure manipulation!
These are hypocrites of the grandest sort! Hypocrites who only USE words for their own advantage. This use of God's word is like a wolf using sheep's clothing - to get the sheep!
People begin to regard the Bible only as a TOOL of religion, and no longer as the words of God that can deliver the soul from hell! This leads to people by the droves turning over their Bibles to a select group of so-called theological intellectuals.
. Read your bible alone without men's bias opinions esp the WTS who lie, teach false doctrines and are false prophets. Find the true God/Jesus in the scriptures themselves not from other men.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Self Righteous wrote:
The title of this is false. Jehovah controls the WTBTS and would never allow child abuse. EVER!
. Controls them... like he did the Israelites??? IF that was a factual statement then how is it..that they.. fell out of favor???

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

So you let the actions of one warped individual sour you on the rest of the WTBTS. Sad.
Lordylordy9111 wrote:
I am also a victim of JW molesters and had to leave the WTBTS because of their abuse. I could blame our Heavenly Father. It would be easy but He continues to answer my prayers and reminds me of His loving arrangement. Keep on praying and He will strengthen you.
Words Israel will say.......
14 "Elders are gone from the gate,Young men from their music."
15 "The joy of our hearts has ceased;Our dancing has been turned into mourning."
16 "The crown has fallen from our head;Woe to us, for we have sinned!"
17 "Because of this our heart is faint,Because of these things our eyes are dim;...."
18 "Because of Mount Zion which lies desolate,Foxes prowl in it."
Lamentations 5:14-18
~~~~~~~~~~
Words our Heavenly Father is saying:
5 "They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and they became food for every beast of the field and were scattered."
6 "My flock wandered through all the mountains and on every high hill; My flock was scattered over all the surface of the earth, and there was no one to search or seek for them."
7 "Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:....."
8 "As I live,” declares the Lord GOD,“surely because My flock has become a prey, My flock has even become food for all the beasts of the field for lack of a shepherd, and My shepherds did not search for My flock, but rather the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock;...."
9 "...therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:...."
10 "....Thus says the Lord GOD,“Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will demand My sheep from them and make them cease from feeding sheep. So the shepherds will not feed themselves anymore, but I will deliver My flock from their mouth, so that they will not be food for them."
Ezekiel 334:5-10
The Holy Bible is the Word of God. All scriptures are inspired by Him.

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Nomi wrote:
<quoted text>So you let the actions of one warped individual sour you on the rest of the WTBTS. Sad.
You really think its this one incident?

Since: Apr 12

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

array wrote:
<quoted text>think about those whos faith was also shattered, they would be thinking how could this happen in Gods organization! and why is those who are put in shepherding positions appointed by holy spirit refusing me justice! I can't blame some for becoming athiests, or losing complete trust in JW organization, when we have always been told we are in this spiritual paradise and are protected within the walls of the KH.
People forget that not only did these ones lose their innocence many self harmed some commited suicide and many were stumbled out, as with parents and those that knew about it. While many of the perps are forgiven and continue blistfully as JW in field service and unbeknown to most in the KH they have their respect, but the poor victims those that have left are deserters of Gods organization and worthy of death, some told they are liars, and betrayers of their brothers, some Jw even standing up in court to defend the accused even when they have admitted wrong.
Shame on all those so called Christian witnesses of Jehovah, I would hate to be in their shows and any on here that tries to belittle or make light of all this as if these kids don't matter, accusing them again of lying or they are to blame are just as guilty.
I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE... IT ABSOLUTELY MAKES ME SICK TO SEE GODS NAME DRAGGED THROUGH THE MUD BECAUSE ELDERS DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLY OR TELL THE VICTIM TO KEEP QUIET.

Many JWs forget what it actually means when an elder is pointed by holy spirit. They seem to think it is in some way like penticost when there were outward signs of God spirit that people could see.

They forget that it is only that they "appear on the outside" to meet the qualifications of an elder as set out in 1Ti 3:1-7. that they are said to be appointed by holy spirit. The person on the inside they do not see.

From personal experience I have only ever meet a couple of elders I would trust after watching them at meetings and in their personal life.

For stumbling a person a person this text always comforts me Matthew 18:6 "But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who put faith in me, it is more beneficial for him to have hung around his neck a millstone such as is turned by an ass and to be sunk in the wide, open sea."

Personally I see a lot of widowed elders wives after armagedon 

Does that make me cynical? Probably. Have I lost confidence in Jehovah? NO. What about his organisation? To me the organisation is NOT the WTBTS it is the earth wide brotherhood of JWs. No I have not lost confidence in the organisation. Have I lost confidence in the GB? YES at this time.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

james r wrote:
shouldn't you be saying b/s (not that their are many here) do not come on forums where apostates are, take your GB council and leave, they don't even endorse sites where only active JW are like JWtalk, but you see most don't want to go their is no fun for them, and they can't dish out hatred there.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

I have been thru a very, very trying situation that involved Elders. AND it hurt me grieviously. However, I made my Vow to my Creator, not people. We should not allow such matters to rob us of the opportunity for Eternal Life. If we do, it is our loss.
Hoodwinked

Murrieta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows better! The facts are crystal clear and no matter how hard they try to ignore those facts they are still there! The Watchtower Bible tract society of new York was found guilty of Malice and ordered to pay over 20 million to Ms.Conti for the abuse she endured by a known child molester.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that she only refecting on one.. In your case.. It seems that the fact that we are privy to many who have gone through this and were treat pretty much the same way..doen't seem to register..
They don't exist because it was not made public.. Amazing how loud silence can become.. Once it begins to speak .. We have only to reflect on the lonnnnnnnnnng list EE was so fanatical about in her exposer of other churches as to how the WTS.. can be hit with this.. more and more will step forward..WHY? because the members are in denial.. and the truth has to be made known.. IN appealing..they are the ones that are setting the presidence.Which does not put them in a good light.. Vindictive is not becoming.
red blood relative

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

ben57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE... IT ABSOLUTELY MAKES ME SICK TO SEE GODS NAME DRAGGED THROUGH THE MUD BECAUSE ELDERS DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS PROPERLY OR TELL THE VICTIM TO KEEP QUIET.
ben, the courts just awarded conti 28 million in damages because the jw elders DID follow the instructions from headquarters.....yup, the instructions to allow the pedophile to continue to opperate, and to silence the victim came from headquarters.... that is what all the ruckes is about.

you jw pr reps keep trying to claim is was just a small error on the part of an elder who didn't follow proceedure...... nope, the elders followed the instructions from the jw legal team, who work for the jw gov body, who don't care about victims...... they only care about sweeping it successfully under the carpet....... if victims won't shut up, they get disfellowshipped.

your written policy means nothing.... its just a patsy.... discussing it is a waste of time, since it has nothing to do with what the jw elders really do after the jw legal team takes over.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Self Righteous wrote:
well sadly it has happened and many have been abused and they did not handle things in the best interest of the victims, that's not Jehovah's is it, but those representing him.

Was it Jehovah's fault that the Isrealite nation threw their children into the fire to false Gods, no!!

Men do bad things even in Gods organzation, it just now depends on if they are willing to come forward and admit it.

had they have handled these problems in a God like way of showing mercy and care for his sheep which they have been entrusted with then their would have been far less abuse and they would not be in this position today.

This is why the bible says when Christ returns to settle accounts with his slave their will be wicked ones that did not tenderly care for his sheep.

Since: Jun 11

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

ben57 wrote:
<quoted text>

From personal experience I have only ever meet a couple of elders I would trust after watching them at meetings and in their personal life.

Have I lost confidence in Jehovah? NO. What about his organisation? To me the organisation is NOT the WTBTS it is the earth wide brotherhood of JWs. No I have not lost confidence in the organisation. Have I lost confidence in the GB? YES at this time.
I was starting to wonder where you stood after some of the things you have written and it is refreshing to see that you do not have complete devotion to the GB.

I have to agree with you about your statement in regards to elders. I have been fortunate to know some elders who have been such sincere, wholehearted and good people. Ones that you could trust for good advice and advice that they themselves would try to live by. Of course, it hasn't just been elders, there are some very wonderful Jehovah's Witnesses as well.

To me, the organization is the GB as they are in charge and when my father asked if I had considered returning to the organisation I explained to him that I couldn't because I could not accept the GB as my leader. He didn't say to much but I think he understood. He reminded me that they were imperfect men. I had expected him to suggest that I needed to be more humble and not let pride hold me back but he didn't. He was a very faithful elder, who loved God with his whole heart and soul.

I wish you all the best in the continuance of your service if you continue to be a JW but I am happy to hear that your trust isn't with a bunch of men but where it belongs, with God and Jesus.

I feel worried for those that have too much trust and blind faith in the GB and the direction that the GB has been taking of late. JWs will keep telling me that the GB has softened it's stance over the years but I see the opposite, they are demanding more and more obediance (to them) and devotion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••