Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Not-A-Goat wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason people weren't worshiping tassels when they had them sewn on their garments as a reminder of what God had done.
Seriously, do you people ever read a bible? Ever??
Do you? You fail to understand it.
man711

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> What you believe has been colored by the constant repetition of the men of the WTS.tHE men of the WTS want you to believe something satanic about the cross when it was simply an instrument of death and who and why that death was necessary for you and me.
IT IS ONLY THE WT HAS HAS MADE THE CROSS AN OBJECT OF VENERATION AS THEY REMOVE CHRIST AS THE REASON. They want you to believe the lie so they can hang the moniker of pagan worship of an object on to others and at the same time take the place of jESUS by saying you must belong to their org for salvation. Surely you have seen that lie by now?
Sorry the WBTS dioes make me beleive anything especially about the cross. I see how most, not all, Christians venerate the cross itself , my wife included. It is worship whether to want to understand that or not. Because you don't bow down to it, which I have seen also, doesn't mean you don't worship it. Believe what you want, I'll pray for you.
man711

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

"Sorry the WBTS dioes make me beleive anything especially about the cross. " Should read does not make me believe anything especially about the croos.
man711

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

PaulWroteToMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone~
I'd like to see proof Jesus died on a stake as opposed to a cross.
Corinthian
Look up about Roman history and what they did to people that rebelled against them.
man711

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Undoubtedly they do.. Depending on which thing is being celebrated on the days you go.. Many folks that only go two or 3 times a year.. Go on Easter Sunday.. or some other celebratory day....
Thank you and this is venerating the cross itself.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

man711 wrote:
<quoted text>Look up about Roman history and what they did to people that rebelled against them.
Man~
That wasn't my question. I know what they did. My question regards Jesus dying on a STAKE as opposed to a CROSS. Where is the proof that he died on a stake and not a cross?
Thanks,
Corinthian

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

PaulWroteToMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Man~
That wasn't my question. I know what they did. My question regards Jesus dying on a STAKE as opposed to a CROSS. Where is the proof that he died on a stake and not a cross?
Thanks,
Corinthian
New thread for ya.
An Observer

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

man711 wrote:
<quoted text>" The Watchtower image is part of your worship, " Youi are totallydelusional if you truely think this.
The image of the watchtower is on your publications. It represents Jehovah's witnesses just like the cross represents true followers of Christ. Why are the jw so hung up about the cross? Does it really make a difference? Jesus died for us and the cross symbolizes that sacrifice.

I believe jws thrive on the negativity they bring on themselves.
religion grand master

Northbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

PaulWroteToMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Man~
Thanks,
Corinthian
Ok folks you both are correct.Ya see there were upright poles back then already set in place. The perp would be made to carry a beam strapped to his shoulders and then was hoisted up the pole to form a cross.So jesus did die on a upright pole yet the beam across his shoulders did form a cross.So realy the jehovah witnesses are wrong.Their leaders just wanted to seperate their beliefs from the rest of the world.Its another form of control.Ya see all cults use that tactic. Your Welcome.

Since: Feb 07

RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

man711 wrote:
<quoted text>Look up about Roman history and what they did to people that rebelled against them.
If you look it up you will see that the main method of execution was crucifixion (on a cross and not a stake.)
jackie

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

What does it matter which was used a cross or stake, they both are "Things" used to torture.

What matters is the man placed upon it!

Things don't matter.
religion grand master

Northbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

man711 wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you and this is venerating the cross itself.
Wow!!! Venerate? Thats a big word. Hold on let me get a dixamanery Dah and looks it up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Kevin 321 wrote:
<quoted text>
New thread for ya.
Kevin~

Did you start one?

Yay!

Corinthian
An Observer

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

religion grand master wrote:
<quoted text>Wow!!! Venerate? Thats a big word. Hold on let me get a dixamanery Dah and looks it up.
Dee lightful used it first, lol he's just trying to look SMRT

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

religion grand master wrote:
<quoted text> Ok folks you both are correct.Ya see there were upright poles back then already set in place. The perp would be made to carry a beam strapped to his shoulders and then was hoisted up the pole to form a cross.So jesus did die on a upright pole yet the beam across his shoulders did form a cross.So realy the jehovah witnesses are wrong.Their leaders just wanted to seperate their beliefs from the rest of the world.Its another form of control.Ya see all cults use that tactic. Your Welcome.
RGM~

Thanks....I realize the things you are saying.....but the Witnesses went so far as to change the word "cross" to "torture stake". So, I'd like to see some proof of that.

Kevin said there is a new thread. I'm going to check it out.

Corinthian

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

jackie wrote:
What does it matter which was used a cross or stake, they both are "Things" used to torture.
Things don't matter.
Jackie~

I agree 100%, BUT the Witnesses make such a HUGE deal about it...I'd really like to see some proof.

Off to check out new thread.

Corinthian
jackie

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

jackie wrote:
Things don't matter.
And the reason for Jesus being placed upon it, is what matters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
And the reason for Jesus being placed upon it, is what matters.
Jackie~

I KNOW!!!

I have reasons for asking the question and a new thread has been started.

Corinthian
jackie

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

PaulWroteToMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackie~
I KNOW!!!
I have reasons for asking the question and a new thread has been started.
Corinthian
Topix is slow at showing the post's, I posted that before I had seen the other posts up.
man711

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

PaulWroteToMe wrote:
<quoted text>
Man~
Thanks,
Corinthian
Again if you would have looked up what I told you, you would learn that the Romans used stakes for hanging people during their reign especially in Jesus day. The cross came in the second or third century, if I recall right for executing people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 541 - 560 of1,821
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••