Native American 10 Commandments (& other NA thoughts)

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 268
Next Last

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#1 Nov 17, 2010
1.} To treat the Earth, and everything that lives on it, with respect

2.} To remain close to the Great Spirit

3.} To always remember to give thanks

4.} To show great respect for our fellow beings

5.} To work together for the benefit of all Mankind

6.} To do what we know is right

7.} To look after the well-being of our body, mind, and spirit

8.} To dedicate a share of our efforts for the greater good

9.}To be truthful and honest in all things

10.}To take responsibility for our actions

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#2 Nov 17, 2010
I deeply appreciate the Native Wisdom and philosophy in that it isn't riddled with all the "do not's" the "thou shalt nots" and the "you cannots" that we have been so used to feeding on.....ESPECIALLY when it comes to trying to obey all the Watchtower edicts and requirements!

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#3 Nov 17, 2010
"When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." ~ Cherokee expression

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#4 Nov 17, 2010
"When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself."---- Tecumseh, Shawnee, 1768-1813

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#5 Nov 17, 2010
"The wildwood birds sang in concert, without pride, without envy, without jealousy." - Simon Pokagon, Potawatomi, 1830-1899

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#6 Nov 17, 2010
"Since the beginning, Native Peoples lived a life of being in harmony with all that surrounds us. It is a belief that all humankind are related to each other.

Each has a purpose, spirit and sacredness. It is an understanding with the Great Spirit or Creator that we will follow these ways. And in this understanding we believe we are related to all other living species."---Dennis Banks, Indian activist

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#7 Nov 17, 2010
"Silence is the absolute poise or balance of body, mind and spirit. The man who preserves his selfhood is ever calm and unshaken by the storms of existence ... What are the fruits of silence?

They are self-control, true courage or endurance, patience, dignity and reverence. Silence is the cornerstone of character."~~~Ohiyesa, Santee
Bible Jehova laws not GB

Dundalk, MD

#8 Nov 17, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
1.} To treat the Earth, and everything that lives on it, with respect
2.} To remain close to the Great Spirit
3.} To always remember to give thanks
4.} To show great respect for our fellow beings
5.} To work together for the benefit of all Mankind
6.} To do what we know is right
7.} To look after the well-being of our body, mind, and spirit
8.} To dedicate a share of our efforts for the greater good
9.}To be truthful and honest in all things
10.}To take responsibility for our actions
What was first established 10 comandments of Gods law in ancient Izrael? or
10 comanmdents of Native Americans?.
I think 10 comandments of native Americans is pure imitation of 10 comandments of God
but your post is very interesant! and if not only native americans would pay attention to those comandments this country would be more inteligent and more faithfull to God.I know as foreigner 10 comandments of native americans do,nt apply at all worldwide this means variety of mankind mentality
TPMP 35

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

#9 Nov 17, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
1.} To treat the Earth, and everything that lives on it, with respect
2.} To remain close to the Great Spirit
3.} To always remember to give thanks
4.} To show great respect for our fellow beings
5.} To work together for the benefit of all Mankind
6.} To do what we know is right
7.} To look after the well-being of our body, mind, and spirit
8.} To dedicate a share of our efforts for the greater good
9.}To be truthful and honest in all things
10.}To take responsibility for our actions
Thanks for reposting, Nedoba. I appreciate it.

You couldn't find the other thread?... Or did you decide to tinker with the original piece?.

TPMP 35

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#10 Nov 17, 2010
TPMP 35 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for reposting, Nedoba. I appreciate it.
You couldn't find the other thread?... Or did you decide to tinker with the original piece?.
TPMP 35
You're welcome, Tee. No, I spent too much time hunting for the original thread and finally gave up on it.....especially when I knew just where to find the info so I went back and recopied it :o)

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#11 Nov 17, 2010
Bible Jehova laws not GB wrote:
<quoted text>
What was first established 10 comandments of Gods law in ancient Izrael? or
10 comanmdents of Native Americans?.
I think 10 comandments of native Americans is pure imitation of 10 comandments of God
but your post is very interesant! and if not only native americans would pay attention to those comandments this country would be more inteligent and more faithfull to God.I know as foreigner 10 comandments of native americans do,nt apply at all worldwide this means variety of mankind mentality
I'm sorry but I couldn't understand exactly what it was you were asking. I DO know though, that "foreigners" came into the Native American's country.....put up THEIR laws and expected the FIRST Americans to abide by THEIR laws, religions, ways, etc.

But this was not the point of this thread. There is a LOT of fine, gentle, kind, loving, simple, basic and profound wisdom to be found in what Native Americans think, feel and abide by.
Wind Walker

Kelseyville, CA

#12 Nov 18, 2010
Bible Jehova laws not GB wrote:
<quoted text>
What was first established 10 comandments of Gods law in ancient Izrael? or
10 comanmdents of Native Americans?.
I think 10 comandments of native Americans is pure imitation of 10 comandments of God
but your post is very interesant! and if not only native americans would pay attention to those comandments this country would be more inteligent and more faithfull to God.I know as foreigner 10 comandments of native americans do,nt apply at all worldwide this means variety of mankind mentality
If you would read the two side by side you would see that the ten commandments of the nation of Israel reflects the patriarchal mentality of the ancient nation of Israel.

Notice that the rights of women and children are not even addressed other than in consideration of being the property of the MAN. Slavery is condoned showing this list to be in conflict with your Christ who states very clearly in Galatians 3:28, "28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

The ten commandments of the Native Americans shows a sophisticated spirituality far more in keeping with your Christ than the ten commandments of the barbaric patriarchal tribe of Israel and have an origin many thousands of years earlier than your ten commandments.

For example, in # 1, "To treat the Earth, and everything that lives on it with respect"

How can this be done by an organization that teaches that the blood shall run three feet deep at the battle you exalt called Armageddon where 99% of huanity will be ruthlessly slaughtered?

The only two commandments according to your Christ are to love god and to love your neighbor. All just laws should be based on these two as your Christ said.

The ten commandments of the tribe of Israel contradict this with the condoning of slavery and subjugation of women but the ten commandments of the Native Americans reflect the two most important commandments according to your Christ beautifully and fit well with the entirety of life on the planet.

Gandhi said it best when he said "I love your Christ but I don't like your Christians!"

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#13 Nov 18, 2010
Wind Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would read the two side by side you would see that the ten commandments of the nation of Israel reflects the patriarchal mentality of the ancient nation of Israel.
Notice that the rights of women and children are not even addressed other than in consideration of being the property of the MAN. Slavery is condoned showing this list to be in conflict with your Christ who states very clearly in Galatians 3:28, "28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
The ten commandments of the Native Americans shows a sophisticated spirituality far more in keeping with your Christ than the ten commandments of the barbaric patriarchal tribe of Israel and have an origin many thousands of years earlier than your ten commandments.
For example, in # 1, "To treat the Earth, and everything that lives on it with respect"
How can this be done by an organization that teaches that the blood shall run three feet deep at the battle you exalt called Armageddon where 99% of huanity will be ruthlessly slaughtered?
The only two commandments according to your Christ are to love god and to love your neighbor. All just laws should be based on these two as your Christ said.
The ten commandments of the tribe of Israel contradict this with the condoning of slavery and subjugation of women but the ten commandments of the Native Americans reflect the two most important commandments according to your Christ beautifully and fit well with the entirety of life on the planet.
Gandhi said it best when he said "I love your Christ but I don't like your Christians!"
I barely know where to begin so I will just say that I am in total agreement with your post.

The "Two Laws" that Jesus himself admitted that the WHOLE LAWS HUNG UPON.. were the sum and substance of all he taught and instructed for others to follow.

Perhaps there are those who feel the NEED for all those do nots, cannots and thou shalt nots to guide every step of their day.....but those who have already absorbed these principles have moved on and are ready to embrace life devoid of all the negativity. It reminds me of babies who HAVE to be told "do not touch the stove" or "don't throw rocks at people" but as we mature....we realize these things are not acceptable OR approved of....and live our lives accordingly.

This is the point I have reached in my senior years, I no longer FEEL the need to be constantly reminded not to touch the stove....etc. I am ready for a more openly loving, tender, compassionate and age-appropriate set of rules now. Not a ONE of them contradicts the New Testament teachings but seems to enhance them.

I am probably going to get a lot of flak for my viewpoint,(it is no big deal because I faced plenty of resentment when I was following the WTS rules) but I ALSO have plenty of company, found in ALL the wonderful Indigenous brothers and sisters from all over the globe....who believe as I do....or more accurately...that I believe as THEY do.

The WTS has no problem in insisting that THEIR followers use the made up name Jehovah.....so not one JW should have any problem with the names that the Native Americans use for God. I prefer to call him "Creator" until such time I do more in-depth research into the origin of Wakan Tanka and Tanka Shila. He IS MY Creator....I am addressing HIM....HE knows it....and he knows ME....so there IS no problem.

Blessings to all~

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#14 Nov 18, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
1.} To treat the Earth, and everything that lives on it, with respect
Can anyone argue with this commandment?

How much more clear and substantive could this BE? Isn't the heartfelt application of this the embodiment of ALL love?

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#15 Nov 18, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
2.} To remain close to the Great Spirit
Who can argue with this commandment?

Whatever name you choose to call the Creator, the Great Spirit....one's striving to remain close TO him....is an endeavor of all spiritual people everywhere.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#16 Nov 18, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
3.} To always remember to give thanks
Can anyone argue with this commandment?

Shouldn't our hearts always compel us to give thanks to our Creator?

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#17 Nov 18, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
4.} To show great respect for our fellow beings
Can anyone argue with this commandment?

Notice it says "fellow beings" and NOT reserved only for those who worship as we do or attend the same building FOR worship as we do. It's a very important lesson.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#18 Nov 18, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
5.} To work together for the benefit of all Mankind
Can anyone argue with this commandment?

If one, from the heart, is truly working for the benefit of ALL mankind, focusing only on those who worship in the same way,is not accomplishing this goal.

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#19 Nov 18, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
6.} To do what we know is right
Can anyone argue with this commandment?

Our hearts, once again, lead us into doing what we know is the right thing TO do....always taking into consideration how the action or behavior will affect others.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#20 Nov 18, 2010
Nedoba wrote:
1.} To treat the Earth, and everything that lives on it, with respect
2.} To remain close to the Great Spirit
3.} To always remember to give thanks
4.} To show great respect for our fellow beings
5.} To work together for the benefit of all Mankind
6.} To do what we know is right
7.} To look after the well-being of our body, mind, and spirit
8.} To dedicate a share of our efforts for the greater good
9.}To be truthful and honest in all things
10.}To take responsibility for our actions
Just stopped to say, nice post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 268
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How could Jesus be created, if he is the creator? 13 min Billy Bonehead 20
Two Witness Rule ? 22 min hMMMMM 13
The "fear" 40 min jace 435
How Many Modern Jews are Actually Israelites? (Jan '14) 1 hr sidgi 50
How can so many JW be complicit 1 hr God the son 7
WHY the NWT WAS written! 1 hr jace 133
The New Covenant 1 hr UNchained 36
Found this today about Gods name. 1 hr dee lightful 1,588
Jehovah, Yahweh, YHWH, or LORD? 1 hr Kalzyturk 484
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael 1 hr dee lightful 988

Jehovah's Witness People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE