Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
132,581 - 132,600 of 200,004 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138683
Jun 30, 2012
 
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes god is great and greater in jealousy, death punishment, homophoby, whorephoby, killing, revenge.
Can be possible to believe that such a god can be the creator of the universe? Your god is a joke of nature.
Not really. Yet when a person is jealous, etc., or a country goes to war and the devotees of that person or country are all for it, that is ok, isn't it? As a matter of fact, people can enjoy football, soccer, and such games, even going along with the fact that they are competitive, encourage gambling for some, and some people get seriously hurt, sometimes get brain concussions and so forth. You are saying then it is wrong for a husband or wife to be unhappy (jealous even) when the mate takes a shine or moreso to another person? My next question is for you to think about since you think it's just awful that God would inflict a punishment such as death -- do you mind dying or would you rather not die? I hope these don't sound like ridiculous questions to you, but frankly I can't understand why you would think it's wrong to be jealous under certain cicumstances, and we can go by the other situations you bring up as an indictment against God, if you will.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138684
Jun 30, 2012
 
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes god is great and greater in jealousy, death punishment, homophoby, whorephoby, killing, revenge.
Can be possible to believe that such a god can be the creator of the universe? Your god is a joke of nature.
I meant that God is great, and greater than I am. Therefore, whatever I cannot do (and that's plenty), He can do.
skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138685
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have come back to your circular and rhetoric style.
Such posts need no answer and show how meaningless is to to discuss any thing reasonably and logically with persons like you.
There is nothing to discuss.
Mohammed was no prophet, and to promote Mohammed's lies is a sin against God.

Jesus volunteered to be under the law in order to fulfill the law,
so that being under the law He could redeem us from the curse of the law.
Now those that believe in Jesus are not under the curse of the law, but live by faith instead of the by the works of the law.
In other words God made it mandatory to believe in Jesus or live under the law like Jews and Muslims have put them self under and now must face the consequence of breaking the law, which constitutes committing sin under the law.
In which there is no more animal sacrifice for the atonement of sin, which means Jews and Muslims will die in their sins, and be judged by God and face damnation for their sins, since there is no more animal sacrifice for the atonement of their sins.
For as God put it is the blood sacrificed that brought atonement, and the only blood sacrifice now that brings atonement is the precious blood of Jesus shed on the cross, which of course the Jews and Muslims reject.
LOL!
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138686
Jun 30, 2012
 
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know?
My main point was that consciousness is awareness.
Your fucked up Sri Sri Thakur Anukulchandra, Gurus and Yogis churned out balderdash, junk and stuff, which is based on mysticism and myths, not reality.
Now, tell me fool, how can consciousness be related to Energy and force?
I have also told you that force does not descend, it acts. Have you ever studied Mathematics?
LOL.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138687
Jun 30, 2012
 
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. Yet when a person is jealous, etc., or a country goes to war and the devotees of that person or country are all for it, that is ok, isn't it? As a matter of fact, people can enjoy football, soccer, and such games, even going along with the fact that they are competitive, encourage gambling for some, and some people get seriously hurt, sometimes get brain concussions and so forth. You are saying then it is wrong for a husband or wife to be unhappy (jealous even) when the mate takes a shine or moreso to another person? My next question is for you to think about since you think it's just awful that God would inflict a punishment such as death -- do you mind dying or would you rather not die? I hope these don't sound like ridiculous questions to you, but frankly I can't understand why you would think it's wrong to be jealous under certain cicumstances, and we can go by the other situations you bring up as an indictment against God, if you will.
You are equating god and man. Doesn't it sound silly? According to your reasoning if man needs oxygen, water, and food to live then I gotta find normal if god sayd it does too?
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138688
Jun 30, 2012
 
Spain v/s Italy - Euro 2012 Football Final.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138689
Jun 30, 2012
 
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>I meant that God is great, and greater than I am. Therefore, whatever I cannot do (and that's plenty), He can do.
Would you like to be like your god?
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138690
Jun 30, 2012
 
Shabbat = Shabby Butt. LOL.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138691
Jun 30, 2012
 
I am sure even little YHVH will look at that match while eating animal sacrified for him and cleaning its mouth from the dropped blood that come out of it.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138692
Jun 30, 2012
 
YHVH is a filthy bastard, a high order demon!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138693
Jun 30, 2012
 
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
YHVH is a filthy bastard, a high order demon!
But who is more bastard someone who was recorded to have made and ordered to make bad things or the people who followed its instruction and if you try to point out all the terrible things attribuited to the deity they worship, they deny it or minimize everything?
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138694
Jun 30, 2012
 
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

But who is more bastard someone who was recorded to have made and ordered to make bad things or the people who followed its instruction and if you try to point out all the terrible things attribuited to the deity they worship, they deny it or minimize everything?
It's a case of like attracts like.

If people were sensible, psycho-biologically normal, thoughtful, moral, rational and of good will and devoid of serious personality defects then they'd not have veered towards evils and abominations.

Birds of a feather flock together.
Don

Agra, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138695
Jun 30, 2012
 
Once Muhammad walked in on naked jaynab, who was his daughter in law, and got horny. Right after that Allah spoke to him to tell that Zayed should divorce Jaynab so that she can marry Muhammad.
Enlighten

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138696
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool,
What do names matter when the innate nature and deeds of an entity count for everything?
Will changing the name of YHVH to Aten or whatever convert this Lord of Evil, Murder, Falsehood, Bigotry, Jealousy and Rage into a true and benign God?
LOL.
The only fool here is one that is blind to the truth. There is one creator, there is no evil only created by mankinds own making. As to devil, demons, angels, must be created to exist by a primary creator. For them to play out influences of evil or good would be subject to the creator's direction. If the creator was truely evil you wouldnt exist as you wouldn't be of any value or have a right to exist.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138697
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Enlighten wrote:
<quoted text>
The only fool here is one that is blind to the truth. There is one creator, there is no evil only created by mankinds own making. As to devil, demons, angels, must be created to exist by a primary creator. For them to play out influences of evil or good would be subject to the creator's direction. If the creator was truely evil you wouldnt exist as you wouldn't be of any value or have a right to exist.
Kudos for the most coherent post of the last few weeks.
skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138698
Jun 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Islams love of evil attact and kill innocent people.

QUETTA, PAKISTAN - A terrorist attack has claimed the lives of six Church of Christ members, according to a ministry trainer in the Middle East.

The deadly attack occurred June 11 near Quetta, the capital of Pakistan’s Balochistan province, the British Broadcasting Corp reported.

A bomb planted on a motorbike detonated, destroying a passenger bus. The apparent target of the attack was a bus of pilgrims who follow the Shiite branch of Islam,.

Apparently, the timed device attached to the motorbike detonated too late, missing the bus of pilgrims and instead destroying a passenger bus. Six people died in the blast and at least 40 were injured, the BBC reported.

The number of deaths has since risen to 18, said Philip Ganta, an Indian Christian who oversees the Dubai School of Preaching, a ministry training facility in the Middle Eastern nation of United Arab Emirates. Foreign nationals who come to Dubai for employment study at the school.

Christians from Pakistan and Afghanistan were on the bus, Ganta said, and six of them died. At least 10 more were injured. Some of the Christians had studied at the Dubai School of Preaching and were en route to work with believers in Balochistan, Ganta said.

The school’s students and church members in Dubai collected more than $1,000 to help the victims’ families.

Oasis Outreach, a church-supported ministry that works with the Dubai school, also is collecting funds. The ministry is a work of the Brooks Avenue Church of Christ in Raleigh, N.C.

“Over the coming weeks we are hoping to raise $5,000 in aid for the families of these believers,” said Mike O’Leary, director of Oasis Outreach.“Many of them have lost the only breadwinner in the family.

“Hopefully, we will be able to ease their suffering by showing God’s love to those of his household through those in his kingdom.”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138699
Jun 30, 2012
 
Enlighten wrote:
<quoted text>
The only fool here is one that is blind to the truth. There is one creator, there is no evil only created by mankinds own making.

So you do agree that evil exists. but at man's making, not God's doing.

[QUOTE who="Enlighten"] As to devil, demons, angels, must be created to exist by a primary creator. For them to play out influences of evil or good would be subject to the creator's direction. If the creator s truely evil you wouldnt exist as you wouldn't be of any value or have a right to exist.
Your last point was cogent, mentioning that if the one that created life and mankind were truly evil, he would not allow us to enjoy anything in life, I guess you could say he'd be torturing people right here and now in hellfire. However I'd like to ask you about why you think that devil, demons, were created by a primary creator.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138700
Jun 30, 2012
 
So many, many people do "good works" while spending vast or small fortunes on parties. Yet people are starving in parts of the world.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138701
Jun 30, 2012
 
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You are equating god and man. Doesn't it sound silly? According to your reasoning if man needs oxygen, water, and food to live then I gotta find normal if god sayd it does too?
All right. So I'd like to hear your description of what you think God should be like. Try it as an exercise.:-) I'd like to hear it.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138702
Jun 30, 2012
 
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to be like your god?
I can only answer you right now this way. Genesis 3:20+ "Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living. The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. And the Lord God said,“The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken."

Question: since it seems you believe you are your own god, would you evict a bad and destructive tenant from a beautiful home you built? That's question number 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••