Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Blessed on Earth n under It.”

Since: Oct 10

Saudi Arabia

#1 May 2, 2011
JEDDAH: A large crowd attended in Jeddah on Monday the burial of Mashari Abdul Mohsen Al-Siraihi, a 21-year-old who drowned in a lake in Ohio last week after rescuing an American child.

Al-Siraihi, born in 1990, was studying electronic engineering in the University of Akron. His body arrived at King Abdulaziz International Airport on Sunday.

Al-Siraihi and his friend George Raresheid III, 46, of Lake Township drowned in a cold water reservoir in West Branch State Park, Ohio, in a weather-triggered accident on April 17.

Though saddened by the untimely death of the young Saudi man, mourners were proud that he gave his life for another and described him as a real hero.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article373582...
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#2 May 2, 2011
Lifeguards say never try to save a person without taking a flotation device with you. If you don't have a float - tube, styrofoam, what have you, the drowning personis likely to kill you.

Saudi Arabia

#3 May 2, 2011
Good excuse for cowards, but some people are more interested in saving lives than worrying what might happen to them
more truth wrote:
Lifeguards say never try to save a person without taking a flotation device with you. If you don't have a float - tube, styrofoam, what have you, the drowning personis likely to kill you.
Go to Heaven

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#4 May 26, 2011
I am proud beacuse i am from saudi arabia

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 May 26, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
Good excuse for cowards, but some people are more interested in saving lives than worrying what might happen to them ...
"some people" like you? Who are you kidding?
You're too afraid to even post on Topix under your real name!
Go to Heaven wrote:
For this, you can be, but this one act doesn't make up for the murderous actions of the (mostly) saudi national hijackers on 9-11.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#6 May 26, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
Good excuse for cowards, but some people are more interested in saving lives than worrying what might happen to them
<quoted text>
He was a noble soul, but if you go out to save a drowning person, take something with you - a towel, a stick, something the person can grab besides your head.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#7 May 26, 2011
Does it mean you're posting under your real name?? Are you brave enough to show us a picture of you too ?:)
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"some people" like you? Who are you kidding?
You're too afraid to even post on Topix under your real name!
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#8 May 26, 2011
Hey, Scent, have you seen any of these driving ladies? Any men beating them? Any abayas in colors other than black? What's going on over there?

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#9 May 26, 2011
You didn't read the story, did you? he saved the son, but couldn't save the father..they both drowned.
in a critical situation like this, only a coward thinks if he can offer something else not his hand..
more truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a noble soul, but if you go out to save a drowning person, take something with you - a towel, a stick, something the person can grab besides your head.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#10 May 26, 2011
no..all i saw women in black abayas even your western women :)
more truth wrote:
Hey, Scent, have you seen any of these driving ladies? Any men beating them? Any abayas in colors other than black? What's going on over there?

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#11 May 26, 2011
Zulfiqar

Glen Allen, VA

"And this belongs in the Islamic forum because...?"

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TNN...
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#12 May 26, 2011
If you don't have anything to take with you, approach the drowning person from behind and grab him under the chin, turning him on his back.

If you swim up to the front of a drowning person, he is quite likely to drown both of you which is probably what happened here. I am not disputing the heroism of the man.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#13 May 26, 2011
OR the man did everything right, but the drowning person was just too impossible and he was already tired from saving the son.
Always Busy

United States

#14 May 26, 2011
Go to Heaven wrote:
May he rat in peace for hid courage..
Always Busy

United States

#15 May 26, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
no..all i saw women in black abayas even your western women :)
<quoted text>
God Bless him
passerby

London, Canada

#16 May 26, 2011
This gentleman was a real hero. Please keep that in mind

Trying to score some political points out of his death is a really sad commentary on those folks perpetrating those ac

RIP

regards

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#17 May 26, 2011
Scent of Memories wrote:
Does it mean you're posting under your real name??...
Correct, and I see you're not showing a photo either, but everyone knows what a veil looks like.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#18 May 26, 2011
Yes, he was a hero. Just in case anybody here tries the same thing, please carry a floatation or approach the person from behind. No political points going on here. My eldest was a lifeguard.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#19 May 26, 2011
If any of my posts ever saves anyone's life, it would be wonderful.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#20 May 26, 2011
If any posters here manage to change minds bent on destruction and confusion toward peace, life, and prosperity, crazy old Topix will have done a good job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 11 min John Fitzgerald Voxx 52,507
How to to end Islam? Ideas please 12 min Just a guy 228
Germany. 15000 in anti islam march 13 min PITTSCITY ELDERS 18
Five times a day 19 min Just a guy 47
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 20 min bmz 390,988
Why do Hindus worship sexual organs? 24 min PITTSCITY ELDERS 18
Law Ends SS Benefit Checks To Nazi SS.... 37 min PITTSCITY ELDERS 1
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 38 min PeteWaldo 207,272
Non-Muslims have low iq 46 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 190
More from around the web