Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments (Page 162)

Showing posts 3,221 - 3,240 of12,672
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already explained empathy in an earlier post: it is a highly useful trait that all social animals have, in order to facilitate social behavior.
Humans, as individuals, are weak (as compared to other animal predators)-- and with our oversized brains (again, as compared to other animals) we are forced to eat meat occasionally to maintain the energy-level the brain demands.
By cooperating, humans can not only bring down larger animals-- but entire groups of larger animals.
Empathy enables this social cooperation.
There is no justification for a god, here.
<quoted text>
I would not burn a house of worship-- ADULTS are free to do whatever they please, in the privacy of their own social clubs.
But I >>would<< eliminate all tax support for all religions-- it is high time religion started paying it's own way, instead of leeching off the backs of taxpayers.
Tax exemption for religion is unconstitutional too.
...Well said "Bob of Q-F" and you didn't even call me pathetic or rant about the size of my ego...

..on your last point ...even you have to admit that religious institutions ...give a lot of aid to the poor...tax monies well spent...

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

<quoted text>
Deep convictions?
So what.
Hitler had deep convictions. Look how he ended up.
A visit to your local insane asylum is proof that deep convictions are not a useful indicator of what is real.
Dear:Godless heathens ,

Any of you who have been exposed to the Bible...knows it gives a "green" light ...to) wipe away a people
..sacrifice a child
..have sexual relations within the family unit
..kill witches
..kill gay people
..own slaves
..beat those said slaves
..mutilate others ..(eye for an eye)
..mutilate ourselves...i.e.gouge out our eyes if they cause us to sin.

but, when pressed ..Which is the Greatest Commandment.?..Answer )Love God and the Second Love your neighbor..

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Since: Sep 09

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nobody worships an UN-defined god.
Says who?
Why not?
Is there a rule book?
ANYONE can worship WHATEVER they wish:)
...it doesn't matter what you think.
<quoted text>
Any god that IS defined? Can be proven myth.
...yet we are talking about the ones that can NOT be defined.
<quoted text>
It really is that simple-- and you are acting the zealot.
It really >is< that simple...you're acting like an idiot:)

P.S. your opinion mean NOTHING when it comes to what people believe:)

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
NOBODY worships an undefined deity-- NOBODY.
Are you really trying to speak for EVERYONE???
WOW
lol
Sorry, you failed at convincing me:)
<quoted text>
The definitions they use may be nebulous, or silly, or not well thought out-- but these definitions exist.
...that may be for SOME...but not all:)
<quoted text>
Once a definition or attribute is applied? These can be tested-- and proven false.
...yet we are talking about the UNKNOWN....the ones that CAN NOT be tested...and can NOT be appiled...DUH!
Just read a Dawkins book...and LEARN something.
Do you really think you're smarter than Dawkins? lol
giggles
<quoted text>
Proving the now-defined deity false as well.
...but I am referring to the the unknown.
<quoted text>
My point stands-- your point (if you had one) is without merit.
Your point is about "Gods" supposedly in the bible or myth.
My point is the unknown.....that can not be tested, and no one knows.
Try to keep up!

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Agree-- I find myself scanning her posts, in search of...
... meaning? Some content? Something worthy of comment, at least..
... and failing to find either.
I thought you said you didn't read my posts?
Why are you such a liar?

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I do not know there is no god.
Absolutely!
Thanks for finally admitting it:)
<quoted text>
But I do know that there is, so far, zero reason to think that there is:
What you "think" is not important in the REAL world...it's what we KNOW that is important:)
I know, so far, there is ZERO reason to think there isn't:)
It can go both ways.
<quoted text>
All gods presented so far (that people are willing to change their lives over, and worship) have proven to be myth.
If there really is a "God"...I assure you, it has not been "presented" yet, and will not be by mere humans in myth form.
You seem to take the fact that idiots worship a "myth like God", and attribute that to there being NO God whatsoever...in any form.
Warped logic.
<quoted text>
And that is more than sufficient reason to act accordingly.
Not really:)
Ask Dawkins...I assure you, he is smarter than you!
I'll take his views over yours any day:)
<quoted text>
Pascal was a genius-- but most folk totally miss his actual message-- and fail to get it-- they fall for his humorous nature instead.
(see Pascal's Wager)
Pascal thought that theism and atheism were equally likely....that is, we cannot know which of the philosophies is correct.
So what Pascal's wager basically says that "If you believe in God, you will believe that you gain from worshipping him". Not a very convincing argument for atheists.
Pascal was a mathematical genius that lived hundreds of years ago:)
Pascal's reasoning was that since nothing is known for certainity, the christian faith may be as good as any other belief, and since the possible gain from belief is so much greater than the possible gain from unbelief, christianity was the bet that gave the highest gain. This is what is referred to as Pascal's wager.
...so are you saying we should all be Christain?
WOW!
lol!!!!!
Another popular version of the wager is that if you are wrong, you will not lose anything from being a theist, while atheists who are wrong will go to hell.

The main problem with Pascal's wager is that it suffers from the fallacy of bifurcation. It only calculates with two options when there are, in fact, at least four alternatives: The christian God and afterlife, some other god and afterlife, atheism with afterlife, and atheism without afterlife. Therefore Pascal's wager is invalid as an argument1

I can't believe you agree with that!
HA!

The argument is based on the false assumption that atheists don't gain anything efter they die. Most atheists don't believe that they do, but there are other possibilities than just going to heaven vs ceasing to exist, such as progression to a better plane, or hanging around as ghosts. Neither of those require the existance of gods to be possibilities.

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bunny. I have thought about this for a while...
It's time to show you the ignorance of your belief. I know, I know, you claim not to have belief, but rather doubt. Am I right so far? You don't "Believe" in a god or an afterlife, but rather insist that no one can know. Is that correct?
(And yes, whether you like it or not, I'm going to take your position apart and demonstrate how you are a believer))
I see the silly rabbit is afraid to respond. I thought she was tougher than that.

Ho-hum, scamper away like a frightened bunny. I understand.
truth will set you free

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely!
Thanks for finally admitting it:)
<quoted text>What you "think" is not important in the REAL world...it's what we KNOW that is important:)
I know, so far, there is ZERO reason to think there isn't:)
It can go both ways.
<quoted text>If there really is a "God"...I assure you, it has not been "presented" yet, and will not be by mere humans in myth form.
You seem to take the fact that idiots worship a "myth like God", and attribute that to there being NO God whatsoever...in any form.
Warped logic.
<quoted text>Not really:)
Ask Dawkins...I assure you, he is smarter than you!
I'll take his views over yours any day:)
<quoted text>Pascal thought that theism and atheism were equally likely....that is, we cannot know which of the philosophies is correct.
So what Pascal's wager basically says that "If you believe in God, you will believe that you gain from worshipping him". Not a very convincing argument for atheists.
Pascal was a mathematical genius that lived hundreds of years ago:)
Pascal's reasoning was that since nothing is known for certainity, the christian faith may be as good as any other belief, and since the possible gain from belief is so much greater than the possible gain from unbelief, christianity was the bet that gave the highest gain. This is what is referred to as Pascal's wager.
...so are you saying we should all be Christain?
WOW!
lol!!!!!
Another popular version of the wager is that if you are wrong, you will not lose anything from being a theist, while atheists who are wrong will go to hell.
The main problem with Pascal's wager is that it suffers from the fallacy of bifurcation. It only calculates with two options when there are, in fact, at least four alternatives: The christian God and afterlife, some other god and afterlife, atheism with afterlife, and atheism without afterlife. Therefore Pascal's wager is invalid as an argument1
I can't believe you agree with that!
HA!
The argument is based on the false assumption that atheists don't gain anything efter they die. Most atheists don't believe that they do, but there are other possibilities than just going to heaven vs ceasing to exist, such as progression to a better plane, or hanging around as ghosts. Neither of those require the existance of gods to be possibilities.
what are these "planes" where do they exist and "hangin" with ghosts seems like a waste of time are you planning on spending an eternity "hangin" with ghosts or just a shorter period of time like a couple centuries

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
...but I am referring to the the unknown.

Your point is about "Gods" supposedly in the bible or myth.
My point is the unknown.....that can not be tested, and no one knows.
Try to keep up!
..Okay....I'm beginning ..to understand you are 100 percent positive ...that it is "impossible" to "know" for sure what happens after death...but, we can "not" be 100 percent positive ...."only" you can be 100 percent positive, that we don't know ...that's not fair...giggles..."Snow Bunny" ...How come only you can be right all the time ...????...you topix nazi.!!!..giggles ...

If there is or is not a God ....why can "not" anyone be positive ..???..Why do we have to be like your Grandfather...???

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Okay....I'm beginning ..to understand you are 100 percent positive ...that it is "impossible" to "know" for sure what happens after death...but, we can "not" be 100 percent positive ...."only" you can be 100 percent positive, that we don't know ...that's not fair...giggles..."Snow Bunny" ...How come only you can be right all the time ...????...you topix nazi.!!!..giggles ...
If there is or is not a God ....why can "not" anyone be positive ..???..Why do we have to be like your Grandfather...???
That 100% business is a mere technicality. Look at the available data, make a decision, stick to your guns ... it's the best we can do.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>If there really is a "God"...I assure you, it has not been "presented" yet, and will not be by mere humans in myth form.
Warped logic.
..Oh my Stars and Garters...!!."Snow Bunnies" you are making a pretty assertive statement ...you argument is flawed ...

If ,It is as you say ...Mankind can "never" know with a 100 percent certainty .......this can only mean ..that God does exist ...but,wishes to remain hidden ....Well, He is God and can do what he wants .....but, this is absurd ..

Someday medical science will find the chemical reactions of the mind that cause belief or disbelief ...if this can be manipulated ...ie..turned off or on ..this would be proof that the Godless Heathens were right the whole time ...

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

truth will set you free wrote:
<quoted text>
what are these "planes" where do they exist and "hangin" with ghosts seems like a waste of time are you planning on spending an eternity "hangin" with ghosts or just a shorter period of time like a couple centuries
...I see my post went right over your head:)

Ghosts, Planes, another dimension, nothing, ashes, dust...it doesn't MATTER!
All of the above very well may NOT exist...but the TRUTH is that NONE OF US NO FOR SURE!

That was the point:)

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Oh my Stars and Garters...!!."Snow Bunnies" you are making a pretty assertive statement ...you argument is flawed ...
If ,It is as you say ...Mankind can "never" know with a 100 percent certainty .......this can only mean ..that God does exist ...but,wishes to remain hidden ....Well, He is God and can do what he wants .....but, this is absurd ..
Someday medical science will find the chemical reactions of the mind that cause belief or disbelief ...if this can be manipulated ...ie..turned off or on ..this would be proof that the Godless Heathens were right the whole time ...
1. My statement is NOT flawed.
You are very confused...and that is what is "flawed".

2. I did NOT say man kind could "never" know....I simply say we do NOT know at this time:)
I do believe we are capable of knowing. We are just not able to at this time.

3. Why would "ONLY mean that God does exist, and wants to remain hidden"???
huh?
It seems to me that you are under the impression God is "man", and something you can relate to...my guess would be...it is NOT!
He who creates God in their own image is the height of arrogance.

4. Do you really think it takes a "chemical reaction" in the mind, that allows us to believe or disbelieve? WOW...lol, if you say so:)
Keep waiting on that one!

5. So are you saying: since science has NOT found a "chemical reaction" that can be turned off like a switch...that God is real?
I mean, if it works against there being a God, then it should also work for there being a God as well...eh?

6. If the only way to PROVE there is NOT a God, is to "manipulate the mind"...then I feel sorry for you:(

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Okay....I'm beginning ..to understand
Finally!
:)
number four wrote:
<quoted text>you are 100 percent positive ...that it is "impossible" to "know" for sure what happens after death...
It is a FACT...in SCIENCE and with 100% accuracy, that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH!
Do you know?....NO!
Can you name ANYONE that knows?...NO!
That would be 100% positive!
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...but, we can "not" be 100 percent positive ....
WRONG!
You can absolutely be 100% positive that no one knows what happens after death!
Think I'M WRONG?
PROVE ME WRONG:...simply find someone that irrefutably knows what happens after death, and tell us!!!!????
number four wrote:
...."only" you can be 100 percent positive,
I never said that.
We can ALL be positive that no one knows what happens after death:)
Are you claiming to know someone that KNOWS what happens after death?
*Not what someone "thinks" happens after death...but someone that >knows< what happens after death?
number four wrote:
<quoted text> that we don't know ...that's not fair...giggles...
Oh, I assure you.....you DO know:)
I am sure that you KNOW that NO ONE knows what happens after death.
You are simply being intellectually dishonest if you claim otherwise:)
YET, if your entire argument depends on you acting as though you DO know what happens after death, then I understand...but not sure what is worse:
Pretending to not know no one knows what happens after death...OR, really not knowing that no one knows what happens after death.
I'm not sure which is worse:)
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...How come only you can be right all the time ...????
It's called common sense. Not being "right"...lol
lol
number four wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is or is not a God ....why can "not" anyone be positive ..???.
...because nothing has been proven.....it's really not that hard:)
yikes...aye aye aye...can you get that yet?
NO ONE KNOWS IF THERE IS A GOD OR WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH.....that's why NO ONE (including me) can be positive about that!
...we ALL can use FACTS, and AGREE that NOTHING has been PROVEN!!!!!!!
That is where the 100% positive that "no one knows" comes in...try to keep up!
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Why do we have to be like your Grandfather...???
No one ever said you have to be like my grandfather:)
BUT, I do suggest you stay in the REAL WORLD......and admit that no one knows:)
Mostly...why do I or others have to "be like you"?
I mean, you are the one that gets angry when I don't comply to your thoughts....
Think about that:)

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That 100% business is a mere technicality. Look at the available data, make a decision, stick to your guns ... it's the best we can do.
It is a FACT...in SCIENCE and with 100% accuracy, that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH!
Do you know?....NO!
That would be 100% positive!!
Think I'M WRONG?
PROVE ME WRONG:...simply find someone that irrefutably knows what happens after death, and tell us!!!!????

*not what someone "thinks" happens after death...but can explain in detail exactly what happens when we die*

I'll be waiting.....
Mikko

Södertälje, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

SCIENCE isn't about what happens after death or afterlife or god or satan or allah or what ever diety people believes exist

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Mikko wrote:
SCIENCE isn't about what happens after death or afterlife or god or satan or allah or what ever diety people believes exist
Then why are there SCIENTIFIC STUDIES that try to dispute, and refute if there is a God, and life after death?
Science is about DISCOVERY.
...and finding out what happens after death, or if there is a God would be an ASTOUNDING discovery...eh?
IMO...science has EVERYTHING to do with it.
BUT, to each his own:)

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>Finally!
:)
Think I'M WRONG?
PROVE ME WRONG:...
...just because there is "no" empirical proof ...does not stop me ..........from believing ...

“Imaginez tous les gens”

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

number four wrote:
<quoted text>...just because there is "no" empirical proof ...does not stop me ..........from believing ...
Absolutely!
Fair enough...I agree with that!

Key words here "believing"!

It is when you take that thought or "belief" and try to proclaim it as certainty.

EXAMPLE:
You should NOT say: "it's a fact there is no God", or "there is no God", or "there is no after life".
You SHOULD say: I BELIEVE there is no God.

There is a difference ya know:)
Glad to see you are creeping closer to the truth:)

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know?....NO!
That would be 100% positive!!
Think I'M WRONG?
*not what someone "thinks" happens after death...but can explain in detail exactly what happens when we die*
I'll be waiting.....
To me, that kind of phraseology suggests that since nobody knows, anything is possible. That's not the case. All indications point to ... nothing. Nothing happens. Reality as described, measured and certified by our modern instrumentality is a pretty all-inclusive and very interesting place. It's certainly good enough for me. You could spend several lifetimes studying it and still only barely scratch the surface. You've misunderstood me if you think I "believe" in any kind of non-corporeal existence. I'm like 99.999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999% sure. Not 100% but pretty dang close.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,221 - 3,240 of12,672
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••