Quotes from guru Granth sahib praising hindu GODS

Posted in the Hindu Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of255
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rudhraksh

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 29, 2007
 

Judged:

1

www.hindusikh.org
Quotes from the Guru Granth Sahib
http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php...
Generally, historians have their own personal views, agendas, spin and interpretations on things, I will therefore quote from the Primary, original sources only.
I present to you quotes, with page references from the GURU GRANTH SAHIB, written by the seven Sikh Gurus, eighteen Hindu saints and two Muslim Sufis. I will also provide quotes from the Dasam Granth, written by Guru Govind Singh Ji himself, and despite what some may say, the authenticity of this work has been proved BEYOND a shadow of a doubt, as the gurus work. The most damning proof being the fact that the original still lies in the Akhal Thakt to this day.
The Guru Granth Sahib contains around 15,028 of references to Hindu concepts and the names of Hindu gods.
A near-exact count is given in K.P. Agrawala: Adi Shrî Gurû Granth Sâhib kî Mahimâ(Hindi:“The greatness of the original sacred Guru scripture”), p.2, and in Ram Swarup:“Hindu roots of Sikhism”, Indian Express,
The name of the Hindu god Shri Ram, is recited 2,400 times,(the gods name whose constant repetition leads to salvation).
Hari (Vishnu) over 8,300 times, 630 times by Guru Nanak alone,
Parabrahman, 550 times, Omkara,(the primeval sound of OM) 400 times.
Please note the names of countless other Hindu gods are also mentioned and are one and the same.
In contrast the name Mohammed is never mentioned and the name allah is used but a couple of times, merely as an example. It is interesting to note that the Granth itself contains banis from seven of the sikh gurus, two muslim Sufis, but EIGHTEEN Hindu saints and pandits.
The religious source of Sikhism is Hinduism, Sikhism is a tradition developed within Hinduism. Guru Granth Sahib reflect Vedantic philosophy, the Vedanta of Rishi Vedvyas who wrote the Mahabharat. The Japji Sahib is based on Upanishads.
Guru Nanak Ji wrote in the Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Malaar, Pa.1279 thus:
‘BRAHMA, VISHNU, MAHESH [SHIVA] the three demigods were expanded into [by God].
He gave BRAHMA the VEDAS and involved them in it’s worship.
Ten Avatars did king RAMA [VISHNU] take.
He attacked and killed demons but all in accordance with God’s command.
God did SHIVA serve but he too did not find his limits.
Attaining true value he created his [heavenly] throne.
He has set the world to task and concealed himself.
He makes all function this Karma is divinely ordained.’
(‘Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Malaar, Pa.1279)
This is entirley reminiscent of what is stated in the Mahabharata, where it was written by Rishi Vedvyas Ji that God who is referred to as Omkar or Parbrahma, converted Himself into Lord Vishnu. Out of Lord Vishnu's navel came Lord Brahma and from His forehead came the Akal Pursh (otherwise known as Akal or Lord Shiva ).
rudhraksh

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 29, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

When Vishnu, Brahma and Akal combined their powers, or shaktis, to create the image of the Mother goddess it was Durga who came forth. Durga is also known as Shiva, Devi, Mata, Parvati, Chamunda, and Jwaladevi. Guru Govind Singh was a great devotee of Durga Mata, and wrote the prayer known as Chandi Ki Vaar in her praise.
Guru Nanak spoke to a Vaishnav Hindu (‘Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Thiti Gauri, Pa.300) thus :
‘He who focuses his mind on God is a Vaisnu [follower of VISHNU] He is a man of great knowledge.
He is a warrior of a high clan who worships Bhagwant [God/VISHNU].
Be they Khatri, Shudar, Vaise or a Chandal [Four castes of Hinduism] by contemplating God they are saved from vice.
They who ever have acknowledged God, Nanak asks for the dust of their feet.
(‘Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Thiti Gauri, Pa.300)
The third Sikh Guru Amardas said of a true Sanatan Brahmin (‘Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Gujri, Pa.512) thus:
‘He who appreciates BRAHM [God] call him a Brahmin, he day and night stays absorbed in Har [God].
He lives in accordance within the will of the true Guru, truth and Sanjam [self-restraint] he practices thus his ailment of ego flees.’(‘Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Gujri, Pa.512)
rudhraksh

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 29, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Guru Angad Dev said to a Brahmin (Guru Granth Sahib’, Sukhmani Sahib, Pa.274-275):
‘He is a true Pundit [Brahmin] who awakens his mind.
And searches for the Naam [ineffable name of] RAAM [God] in himself.
From the teachings of such a Pundit all beings find [spiritual] life.
He transplants the story of Har in their hearts.
Such a Pundit then never again is born.
He appreciates the fundamental truth [God] of the VEDAS, PURAANAS and SIMIRITIA [Hindu religious texts].
He appreciates the subtle/sublime within the great expansive World.
He instructs the four castes [without discrimination].
Such a Pundit say’s Nanak I always salute.’
(Guru Granth Sahib’, Sukhmani Sahib, Pa.274-275)
In the entire Guru Granth Sahib, the Vedas are respected and referred to as sacred.
Guru Nanak Ji said (Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Kanra, Pa.1309):
‘All ways be humble before the Bhagats being humble you will attain merit.
A evil person who slanders the Bhagats will be destroyed like Harnyaksh.
BRAHMA, son of a lotus [BRAHMA emerged from a lotus symbol of order out of chaos] VYAS [One of the greatest of Sanatan sages to whom were revealed the Sanatan scriptures VEDAS and Mahabharat epic with Bhagvad GITA. VYAS is also credited with the authorship of the oldest extent commentary on the source book of Hatha Yoga,‘Pantanjali’s Yoga Sutra’, the,‘Yoga-Bhashya’. In the Mahabharat he is recognised as the foremost master and expert on Yoga.] Born of a fish [Symbol of agitated mind] by devotion of highest God they themselves were worshiped.
Whoever are Bhagats respect them your great doubts and fears will thus flee.
Do not consider the cast of a Bhagat Sukdev [A Brahmin] grasping the feet of Jank [A Khashatriya king father of Sita hence lower cast than Sukdev] as Guru worshiped highest God.
Janak who sat on a throne on seeing the nine [Vedic] holy sages himself fell at their feet [Because they were Bhagats of highest God].
Say’s Nanak bless me oh bless me master [Va-eh Guru] make me the servant of your servants [The Bhagats such as PRAHLAD, BRAHMA, VYAS, SUKHDEV, JANK, nine sages etc.]
(Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Kanra, Pa.1309)
Guru Ramdas ( wore the Vaishnav tilak) spoke of the Gurmukhs of the past thus:
‘The Sidhas [Holy Sanatan sages] meditated and contemplated [God] Sadik and Muni [both aforementioned are Sanatan holy men] contemplated [God].
Men of penance, sexual restraint and contentment contemplated [God] demigods such as INDRA [King of demigods] contemplated [God].
The Gurmukh who seeking God’s protection contemplates him attains salvation.
Oh my mind by contemplation of Gods Naam one is saved.
Dhanna a Jatt [Farming clan of northern India] and Balmikh [Composer of RAMAYANA] a highwayman becoming a Gurmukh was saved.
The demigods, Gan [Followers of Shiva], Gandarb [Beings between demigods and men who are believed to sing for the Indian demigods] contemplate [God] as well as even the poor Dharmraj [demigod who judges dead for God according to Indian religions].
SHIVA, BRAHMA all demigods contemplated with their mouths the name Har Har.
They who have been absorbed in God's name those Gurmukh attained salvation.’
(‘Guru Granth Sahib’, Raag Maru, Pa.995)
Shabads on Hanuman Ji inside Guru Granth Sahib Ji here is one. This shabad is by Bhagat Kabeer Ji in
Raag Basant on Pannaa 1193
PMIFQ JN MWQY PIV@ PURWN ] PA(N)DDITH JAN MAATHAE PARRIH PURAAN ||
the pandits, the hindu religious scholars, are intoxicated, reading the puraanas.
JOGI MWQY JOG IDAWN ] JOGEE MAATHAE JOG DHHIAAN ||
the yogis are intoxicated in yoga and meditation.
SMINAWSI MWQY AHMMYV ] SA(N)NIAASEE MAATHAE AHA(N)MAEV ||
rudhraksh

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 29, 2007
 
the sannyaasees are intoxicated in egotism.
QPSI MWQY QP KY BYV ]1] THAPASEE MAATHAE THAP KAI BHAEV ||1||
the penitents are intoxicated with the mystery of penance.
||1|| SB MD MWQY KOAU N JWG ] SABH MADH MAATHAE KOOO N JAAG ||
all are intoxicated with the wine of maya; no one is awake and aware.
SMG HI COR GRU MUSN LWG ]1] RHWAU ] SA(N)G HEE CHOR GHAR MUSAN LAAG ||1|| REHAAO ||
the thieves are with them, plundering their homes.
rudhraksh

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 29, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Summary : IN 1500 , Guru Nanak Dev Ji ( 1469-1538 ad.), went to bathe in a stream and was missing for three days.His first statement when he came out was “neti, neti " (neither here, nor there from the Upanishads-Vedas) na koi hindu, na koi turkh, kudrat keh hain sab bandey".
...three days is a short time if you want to free yourself from acquired physics and start a new religion... the insight with which he came back with after three days retreat, as quoted by Khushwant Singh was entirely within Hindu tradition:
" their is no muslim, no hindu" it does not mean that I Nanak, am neither hindu or muslim, it means that the self ( atma , timeless indweller, the object of this mystical experience) is beyond worldly divisions....
”the self is neither black nor white, neither hindu nor muslim, neither this nor that : neti, neti ,” is the Upanishadic phrase from the Vedas, is as typically Hindu as you can get’’
Guru Nanak Dev Ji, continued the bhakti methods of the saints before him, starting with the oral repetition of the name "Rama Nama'
If Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s discovery " neither hindu nor muslim" had meant a positive conclusion, wouldn’t he have said: "neither Hindu, nor Muslim , sab Sikh?
It is strange that the statement used by many to say, he founded a new religion does not even mention this new religion?
Ek Om Kar, was already there in the Vedas - Hindu text, it is still there today. Ek = single OM = supreme being KAR= sound. Guru Nanak merely emphasised that particular path. Ek Om Kar is originally a Hindu concept. some Sikh separatists like to say EK ‘ON’KAR! what does ‘on’ mean?
Guru Angad was a devoted worshipper of the Goddess Durga. Every year he used to lead a group of devotees from Khadur Sahib, where he had settled, to the temple of Jwalamukhi in the lower Himalayas. In 1532 ad he met Guru Nanak at Kartarpur (pakistan) on his way to Jwalamukhi and became his disciple. Guru Nanak was most impressed with the devotion and selfless services of Lehna, that he proclaimed him as his successor guru in ad1539. As Nanak had previously embraced him, and because of the touch with his body e.g. "ang", he changed the name of Lehna to Angad, Guru Angad made Khadur sahib his headquarters. Humayun, the Mughal emperor called on him here and paid him homage.
Sikhs were always known as a sect of Hinduism, which is why they continued celebrating traditional Hindu festivals such as Rakhri, Diwali, Lohri, Vaisakhi, Dusshera and Holi. Unlike the Hindus who became known as muslims and started celebrating muslim festivals. If indeed the Gurus wanted to create a new religion, would they not have created religious festivals to coincide and mark this new religions separate? Instead, All ten Gurus marriages were conducted by Hindu pandits and they were married within Hindu rituals, as were other Sikhs until the Anand Karaj Act was passed in 1909.
Hindus and the Hindus who later became known as Sikhs, would worship together at Hari(Vishnu)-mandir Sahib, aptly named by the fourth guru Ram Dass,(1574-1581), it housed murtis of Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu and the 6th Guru Harigobind until 1906 and is today known as the golden temple.
Some closed minded bigots refer to Hindus as Idol worshippers, but Idol worshiping is truly something that we do not do, we worship with great vigor, with heart and soul.
Idol-worshipping is an offensive and derogatory term used by the British during the British Raj through shear ignorance to degrade our ancient religion. We use Murtis to help us worship we do not specifically worship these images, we use these as focal points to help us worship god.[/b
harish

Hayes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 29, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

1

BRILLIANT POST
Sumit

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 22, 2007
 

Judged:

2

hi guys listen to this very carefully.if u have any problem regarding Sikhism plz ask me .Don't blame others for this.Why do u say Hindu Gods Hindu Festivals.God is not hindu nor muslim nor sikh.What do u know about Sikhism i thing nothing.You know the word 'Sikh'means.Sikh means 'shishya a learner'.Shishya of Waheguru.Got it everybody.
Want to be Hindu

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 22, 2007
 
Thank You One and all good info
Arvind Singh

Port Dover, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 25, 2007
 

Judged:

2

Various are the names of God, yet the reality is One. The Lord is One without another.

A person can be called parent, spouse, child, friend, lover, worker and many other names by different people. Yet the one person even with these different roles is nevertheless the same person. Likewise the Divine can be called Ram, Allah, Yahweh and various other names, yet the reality behind these names is One and the same.

The Guru Granth Sahib starts with Ik Onkar i.e. "1 OM Creator." By attaching the numeral 1 to OM Guru Nanak gives clarity that in his vision of the Divine separation and division into separate gods and goddesses does not exist, since all are rooted in the One Supreme Being, the Source of all creation.

When we read any text, we need to be careful to examine it within context and not to try to superimpose our own judgments on it.

Peace & blessings,
Arvind Singh
Co-author of "NEXUS: A Neo Novel"
niranjan

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 26, 2007
 
Arvind Singh wrote:
Various are the names of God, yet the reality is One. The Lord is One without another.
A person can be called parent, spouse, child, friend, lover, worker and many other names by different people. Yet the one person even with these different roles is nevertheless the same person. Likewise the Divine can be called Ram, Allah, Yahweh and various other names, yet the reality behind these names is One and the same.
The Guru Granth Sahib starts with Ik Onkar i.e. "1 OM Creator." By attaching the numeral 1 to OM Guru Nanak gives clarity that in his vision of the Divine separation and division into separate gods and goddesses does not exist, since all are rooted in the One Supreme Being, the Source of all creation.
When we read any text, we need to be careful to examine it within context and not to try to superimpose our own judgments on it.
Peace & blessings,
Arvind Singh
Co-author of "NEXUS: A Neo Novel"
Yes , OM which represents Brahman, is God.
Singh

Lancaster, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 24, 2007
 
LoL Brahma is God Niranjan??
U din get wot niranjan just said.....
Its written ...
ik sansari ik bhandari ik lae diban!!
The God is one and the ultimate creater and powerful almighty has instructed vishnu brahma and mahesh for these works!!
Niranjan

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 25, 2007
 
Singh wrote:
LoL Brahma is God Niranjan??
Not Brahma the creator or member of the trinity, but BRAHMAN , the supreme Lord, of whom Brahma, vishnu and Shiva are aspects or manifestations of.
Sonu

North Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 28, 2007
 
Hi..everyone..Let me clear this one for you..Ekonkar is Ek + onkar which mean one creator...it's that simple dont give ur opinion on something u dont even know about..if you do then make sure you say that this is wut u think...otherwise ppl get influnced wrong. And Guru Nanak said clearly...there's neither Hindu nor Muslim which science agrees with..cuz these religions dont satisfy science...but however Sikhism does...that's why i m now interested in this religion and pretty sure that i will soon accept it fully..do you know Guru granth sahib ji tells about the bing bang and the evolution process...i mean damn..
natim

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 1, 2007
 

Judged:

1

To the previous post.....pleased do not be deluded by the scientific content of any holy books. the quran, guru granth sahibji, and vedas. the important content is that of promoting the love of God. the big bang stuff, quantum mechanics, evolution process (being a Hindu and from my knowledge) is contained in the vedas in great detail and has chapters specifically devoted to science. however this is just one of many. the ones i feel people need to realise and study in further depth are the ones about discovering the true self (atman). these are the only ones beneficial for mankind and are encouraged by learned souls, sages, gurus and saints alike.

people nowadays are wooed by science and convert to religeon for these purposes, feeling scientific correctness is the clincher in selttling for a religeion, not realising that religeon itself is a set of regulative principles to condition a person in order to acquire the truth (God). Not meaning to insult Islam, but the some people misinterpreting the quran is a good example of boasting science and predictions in order to gain followers, completely missing the point of re-kindling love for God. Some Gurbani and Vedas pupils are not much different.

Bottom line: don't follow a religeon for the benefit of how scientifically correct it is, but by how far it can take you to the doorstep of the lord. the last step will transcends ALL religeons
Skeptic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 1, 2007
 
No religions are scientific. The very nature of religion is that it is a belief in the unproven.
Niranjan

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 1, 2007
 
Skeptic wrote:
No religions are scientific. The very nature of religion is that it is a belief in the unproven.
And what do you have to say about this fool....

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
--Buddha

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

--Buddha

“ I Am She SaHum”

Since: Apr 07

World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 1, 2007
 
Skeptic wrote:
No religions are scientific. The very nature of religion is that it is a belief in the unproven.
I dont know about that it seems to me the Lord Buddha went about ending suffering in a very scientific way. And the experiment has been done over and over again for the last 2500 years.
Skeptic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 5, 2007
 
Niranjan wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you have to say about this fool....
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
--Buddha

Firstly I am not a fool and secondly, I believe in things if they are presented to me with ample evidence. The more outlandish the concept, the more accurate evidence I need to believe it.

[QUOTE who="Niranjan"]<q uoted text>
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”
--Buddha
Yes, but I do feel this is rather obvious.
Skeptic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 5, 2007
 
Want to be Hindu wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know about that it seems to me the Lord Buddha went about ending suffering in a very scientific way. And the experiment has been done over and over again for the last 2500 years.
In what way was it scientific? He didnt make any measurements - he simply observed qualitatively and not quantitatively. If he ended suffering, then why does it still exist? I think these are important questions we should be asking.
you should know better

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 6, 2007
 

Judged:

1

ram, har, hari, allah, god, a bunch of other names for the One Lord are mentioned in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji because they are all names for the One Formless Infinite Lord, you can give the lord different names but there still is only one GOD!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of255
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

875 Users are viewing the Hindu Forum right now

Search the Hindu Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
O9999.573019 CaLL,Gir&#120027;s in Gurgaon DiPi... 6 min kunal 1
O9999.573019 CaLL,Gir&#120027;s in Gurgaon DiPi... 7 min kunal 1
O9999.573019 CaLL,Gir&#120027;s in Gurgaon DiPi... 8 min kunal 1
mom and sis 9 min arun 10
O9999.573019 CaLL,Gir&#120027;s in Gurgaon DiPi... 10 min kunal 1
O9999.573019 CaLL,Gir&#120027;s in Gurgaon DiPi... 11 min kunal 1
O9999.573019 CaLL,Gir&#120027;s in Gurgaon DiPi... 11 min kunal 1
fakt marathi zavazavi (Jun '12) 24 min Nitin 204,523
ek ladki ko jaldi garam karne ke liye kaya kare? (Feb '12) 33 min salman 10,838
Girls ke number yha se le or de (Mar '12) 38 min yogesh pune call boy 230,843
Delhi gay sex (Dec '12) 49 min Sagar 46,722
Bangalore gay sex (Mar '13) 1 hr good day 16,792
•••
•••
•••
•••