Why there are no TEC heresy trials

Jun 16, 2012 Full story: www.virtueonline.org 184
"Western civilization at the present day is passing through a crisis which is essentially different from anything that has been previously experienced. Other societies in the past have changed their social institutions or their religious beliefs under the influence of external forces or the slow development of internal growth. But none, like our own, has ever consciously faced the prospect of a fundamental alteration of the beliefs and institutions on which the whole fabric of social life rests ..." Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jun 16, 2012
from virtueonline:

"Ross Douthat in his book Bad Religion: How We Became a Nation of Heretics says the biggest threat facing America is not a faltering economy or a spate of books by famed atheists. Rather, the country meets new challenges due to the decline of traditional Christianity.

"One of the leading culprits in that decline is The Episcopal Church, once America's premier denomination that numbers amongst its devoted supporters 11 US presidents ...

"No longer. It is now an aging, shriveling, sexually obsessed church that is foisting a variety of sexual behaviors (LGBTQI) that no church in history has ever done or would have deemed remotely acceptable ..."

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2 Jun 17, 2012
Hey, maybe those new episcopal roman priests can restart a Crusade or two.

I mean, the commandment clearly states to kill all who disagree with you. It's right in Matt. 5:

43 “You have heard that our fathers were told,‘Love your neighbor — and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 Then you will become children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun shine on good and bad people alike, and he sends rain to the righteous and the unrighteous alike. 46 What reward do you get if you love only those who love you? Why, even tax-collectors do that! 47 And if you are friendly only to your friends, are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Even the Goyim do that! 48 Therefore, be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

LOL!

Hersey trials, what are we, doing witch hunts?

LMAO!

Heresy is also called choice, something you romans have never heard of, poor brain-dead controlled little thangs....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Jun 17, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Heresy is also called choice ...
The heretical sect you belong to: were you born into it, or did you deliberately join it?

The Mountain Empire

#4 Jun 18, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
The heretical sect you belong to: were you born into it, or did you deliberately join it?
I was born a human being into a family of Jews.

I find God in many places, as God is everywhere as long as I keep Him in my heart and mind.

I deliberately join and I can deliberately leave if I am in a place that proclaims God or Jesus and do noting he asked of us*.

Why do you think you are better than others when you have no community?

Isn't ever church that isn't roman heretical?

LOL..........

*SEE anti biblical roman doctrine and dogma

The Mountain Empire

#5 Jun 18, 2012
ever - every

I know how you get side tracked...

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#6 Jun 18, 2012
I thought we were just suppose to stone them to death? What is the Law of Moses solution MiddleWay? I know you can be trusted to give us the truth.
Listen to the Word

Bullhead City, AZ

#7 Jun 18, 2012
Jesus' answer to those who perverted the Bible in self-righteousness was not to stone them or do a witch hunt. He simply said, "Those who are whole do not need a physician." TEC liberals will not go to Jesus for forgiveness or correction because they are convinced they are right and do not have a problem. Their only problem is with people who believe the Bible and its universal teachings accepted by the church throughout its history. Those they will condemn, legally rob and plunder, demean, call names and treat as ecclesiatical lepers. Just like the Pharisees!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#8 Jun 18, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born a human being into a family of Jews.
I find God in many places ...
Is God in Islam, or Hinduism since your sect embraces both?

The Mountain Empire

#9 Jun 19, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
I thought we were just suppose to stone them to death? What is the Law of Moses solution MiddleWay? I know you can be trusted to give us the truth.
Biblical we should stone them.

If we were romans we could torture them in ways Al Qaeda never thought of, specialties of the Dominican Order (how loving).

Since we are Christians, we allow them to worship God in the way he calls them.

What an idea?

LOL!

Love you sister!

The Mountain Empire

#10 Jun 19, 2012
Listen to the Word wrote:
Jesus' answer to those who perverted the Bible in self-righteousness was not to stone them or do a witch hunt. He simply said, "Those who are whole do not need a physician." TEC liberals will not go to Jesus for forgiveness or correction because they are convinced they are right and do not have a problem. Their only problem is with people who believe the Bible and its universal teachings accepted by the church throughout its history. Those they will condemn, legally rob and plunder, demean, call names and treat as ecclesiatical lepers. Just like the Pharisees!
Yawn.

How many times must I forgive my brother? Seven?

Peter says love covers a multitude of sins, who could possibly be sinning? Aren't all people perfect after believing in Jesus?

Jesus told me to tell you to open your Bible and LET HIM OUT!

The Mountain Empire

#11 Jun 19, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
God is everywhere. It's up to us to let him in, or not as in your case.

Where is it that God is not there, besides your computer room?

The Mountain Empire

#12 Jun 19, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, sense my 'sect' existed before Jesus, how exactly do we embrace Islam?

Every religion has Hindu aspects as they were the world's first religion.

You really are ignorant.

You are pitifully more interested in doctrine and dogma than spirituality....

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#13 Jun 19, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, sense my 'sect' existed before Jesus, how exactly do we embrace Islam?
Every religion has Hindu aspects as they were the world's first religion.
You really are ignorant.
You are pitifully more interested in doctrine and dogma than spirituality....
Facts.

Obstacles? Millstones? Hewn stepping stones? Guidances? Lifts? Let-downs? Life-saving bouys or cushions? Sinkers? Balloons?

When in denial, the fact becomes a horrible thing to be avoided and ignored.

When openly stated, the fact becomes an island upon which a fortress has been built. Some will gather around to seek refuge in it. others will rail against it and expend the lives of others in an effort to have it torn down.

RK
RK

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#14 Jun 19, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical we should stone them.
If we were romans we could torture them in ways Al Qaeda never thought of, specialties of the Dominican Order (how loving).
Since we are Christians, we allow them to worship God in the way he calls them.
What an idea?
LOL!
Love you sister!
God will heal all things in His own time. That is love at work in this world.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#15 Jun 19, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Every religion has Hindu aspects as they were the world's first religion ...
... only if you can't tell the difference between reincarnation and resurrection.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#16 Jun 20, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... only if you can't tell the difference between reincarnation and resurrection.
Ask yourself a simple question, Joey.

The bible says that God SENT His Son. Jesus noted that "the Lord said unto my Lord..." He also asked His disciples, "Who do people say that I am?"

Each of these references shows that the idea of reincarnation was not only familiar to Jesus and others, but that He actually acknowledges reincarnation or at least the willful act of deliberately incarnating.

Each of the four Gospels contains at least one or another of these acknowledgments.

Here is your question:

If the Gospels provide and cite these references, clearly showing, as in the meeting between Jesus and Moses, that souls live on the "other side," and Jesus Himself acknowledges His own incarnation, why is the idea of reincarnation considered heresy?

After all, He also says, "All these things that I do, so shall you do..."

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#17 Jun 20, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask yourself a simple question ...
Here's one for you: was Jesus reincarnated, or resurrected, after His Crucifixtion?

The Mountain Empire

#18 Jun 20, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts.
Obstacles? Millstones? Hewn stepping stones? Guidances? Lifts? Let-downs? Life-saving bouys or cushions? Sinkers? Balloons?
When in denial, the fact becomes a horrible thing to be avoided and ignored.
When openly stated, the fact becomes an island upon which a fortress has been built. Some will gather around to seek refuge in it. others will rail against it and expend the lives of others in an effort to have it torn down.
RK
RK
Amen brother.

Lies and mill stones.

Sand cannot stand against stone....

The Mountain Empire

#19 Jun 20, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
God will heal all things in His own time. That is love at work in this world.
Amen sister.

Love covers all....

The Mountain Empire

#20 Jun 20, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.

If only you did a little research before you typed.

Or you could answer the question how my 'sect', which has existed sense before the time of Christ could possibly embrace something that didn't exist? In this case, another group for you to hate, Muslims.

Explain this asinine question...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Episcopal Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 11 min hal 26,730
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 1 hr KiMare 49
Thank God for Female Bishops 11 hr True Christian 14
Miami Bishop to Obama: 'Stop Being a Sodomite' Dec 18 Selecia Jones- JA... 3
Archbishop Justin Welby: a There is a possibili... Dec 17 RevKen 13
No rejoicing here: Scottish Episcopal Church's ... Dec 11 RevKen 2
Massive' pro-life march in Chile Dec 5 feces for jesus 2
More from around the web