Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

1 John 1:7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Since: Sep 13

Greenville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

If it was that easy, why have all the other sins listed? If only 1 does the trick, why bother with listing the rest? The Bible could be 1 paragraph, but its not.

“Think for Yourself”

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Occupytheworldnow wrote:
http://www.93dna.com/Documents /Bible_Studies/Sin_list_part_6 .htm
Thoughts?
Just why the hell anyone would take the time to compile such a load of nonsense? The fundies must be afraid to scratch their arse having to follow such a fear based cult!
Ben

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Just why the hell anyone would take the time to compile such a load of nonsense? The fundies must be afraid to scratch their arse having to follow such a fear based cult!
1 Corinthians 1:18For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."
Ben

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

par five wrote:
<quoted text>
the true Christian is not following a fear based cult. They are following Christ, not out of fear, but out of love.

1John 4:18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

The true Christian, one who has accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, is not fearful of God's wrath because they know the blood of Jesus was shed for them......and they have been, and will be forgiven of sin.

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

“Think for Yourself”

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>the true Christian is not following a fear based cult. They are following Christ, not out of fear, but out of love.
1John 4:18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.
The true Christian, one who has accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, is not fearful of God's wrath because they know the blood of Jesus was shed for them......and they have been, and will be forgiven of sin.
1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
Then you have nothing to worry about, have you, so stop bad mouthing the rest of us who don't subscribe to your belief system!
Ben

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have nothing to worry about, have you, so stop bad mouthing the rest of us who don't subscribe to your belief system!
in what way have I bad mouthed you?

“Think for Yourself”

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>in what way have I bad mouthed you?
You use bible quotes to bad mouth people who don't follow your faith. The bible quote you used frowns on wisdom and cleverness, does that mean all you fundies are stupid? Don't answer that. The fundie cult is based on condemnation of others using the bible as a weapon, which is quite appropriate as that book is full of blood and gore!
Ben

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

par five wrote:
<quoted text>You use bible quotes to bad mouth people who don't follow your faith. The bible quote you used frowns on wisdom and cleverness, does that mean all you fundies are stupid? Don't answer that. The fundie cult is based on condemnation of others using the bible as a weapon, which is quite appropriate as that book is full of blood and gore!
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Just why the hell anyone would take the time to compile such a load of nonsense?

You use your posts to condem others who express their faith in the Word of God and Jesus Christ.
par five wrote:
<quoted text>The fundies must be afraid to scratch their arse having to follow such a fear based cult!
Your post frowns on the wisdom and intelligence of those who don't share your unbelief.
par five wrote:
<quoted text>The fundie cult is based on condemnation of others using the bible as a weapon, which is quite appropriate as that book is full of blood and gore!
Your guilt is your own.

“Think for Yourself”

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Ben wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You use your posts to condem others who express their faith in the Word of God and Jesus Christ.
<quoted text>
Your post frowns on the wisdom and intelligence of those who don't share your unbelief.
<quoted text>
Your guilt is your own.
My guilt? Unlike you fundies, I don't live my life with a guilt complex, and I only have a go at the fundies who use their faith to condemn those who don't share it, much like you are doing now. You fundies need to realize that if expressing your faith means condemning others of a different faith or no faith at all, or those of a different lifestyle, then you are going to come in for criticism. Live your faith anyway you wish, just don't push it on others with your condemnation and bigotry. I hope that is clear enough for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 7 min 15th Dalai Lama 1,505
A Message from Nettie 18 min par five 1,326
Take America Back 18 min 15th Dalai Lama 10
...Christianity's explanation of race 24 min howstupidareyou 105
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 24 min Free Agent of Jesus 87,767
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 40 min Nc resident 12,184
God is just 2 hr blacklagoon 108
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 hr tahoegirl 1,731
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 6 hr emperorjohn 211