Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider public religious speech hate Speech ?
An example of religious hate speech.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/22/vide...

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I don't believe in your god, I don't have hope!?!? What kind of foolish, infantile statement is that?
Because, believe it or not, you're in the world without hope and without God.

The God who is really trying to reach out to you.

I have to say I respect your passion and I know you work hard because you care. It's men like you who get a great revelation from God. History has taught us that so many times.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, believe it or not, you're in the world without hope and without God.
The God who is really trying to reach out to you.
I have to say I respect your passion and I know you work hard because you care. It's men like you who get a great revelation from God. History has taught us that so many times.
Which god? The hebrew god that you worship is only about 3,500 years old. There were thousands of gods before your god was invented and there have been many since. The first god who can prove to me that it does exist, I will believe in it. Until then, there is no reason to waste my time and any of them.
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

1 Pt 1:10-16

Concerning the salvation of your souls
the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours
searched and investigated it
investigating the time and circumstances
that the Spirit of Christ within them indicated
when it testified in advance
to the sufferings destined for Christ
and the glories to follow them.

It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you
with regard to the things that have now been announced to you
by those who preached the Good News to you
through the Holy Spirit sent from heaven,
things into which angels longed to look.

Therefore, gird up the loins of your mind, live soberly,
and set your hopes completely on the grace to be brought to you
at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Like obedient children,
do not act in compliance with the desires of your former ignorance
but, as he who called you is holy,
be holy yourselves in every aspect of your conduct,
for it is written, Be holy because I am holy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> + <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <

“As he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in every aspect of your conduct.”(1 Peter 1:15)

At any other time in the church year, we might find this exhortation intimidating. There’s no way I can be as holy as Jesus, certainly not in every single thing I do!
It’s just not humanly possible, no matter how pure my inten­tions and strong my willpower. I can’t possibly eliminate selfishness from my nature. I can’t love the way God loves.

True enough.
This is the humble place we all occupy as a fallen race of sinners. This is the starting point for each and every one of us, and we are wise to have it in the forefront of our memories.

However, two days after the great Feast of Pentecost, we hear these words with different ears.
God has already poured out his Spirit to transform us. That Spirit turned twelve timid people into eager evan­gelists willing to go wherever God sent them.
They even became willing to sacrifice their lives if God granted them the privilege of following in his Son’s steps!

That Spirit took people who spoke different languages, came from dif­ferent cultures, and lived in different degrees of wealth and poverty, and knit them into a close community one in heart and mind, holding everything in common (Acts 4:32).

This is the Spirit who was poured into our hearts at baptism—the same Spirit who still lives in us, eager to fill us with his grace and shape us into Christ’s image.

Holiness is not an impossible task set before us, a distant vision that lies far beyond our reach.
No, it’s a gift poured into our hearts by a gracious and merciful God.
In fact, holiness is a Person, the Spirit of a committed friend who once was dead but now lives. By the gift of baptism, that holiness, that Person, now dwells in us. Rather than an occasion for anxiety or fear, the call to holiness is a call to rejoice—and a call to embrace the One who can make us holy as he is holy.

“Holy Spirit, I praise your name. I set my hope on the grace you poured into my heart at baptism. Come, Spirit, and clothe me in the holiness of Christ!”

http://wau.org/meditations/current
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god? The hebrew god that you worship is only about 3,500 years old. There were thousands of gods before your god was invented and there have been many since. The first god who can prove to me that it does exist, I will believe in it. Until then, there is no reason to waste my time and any of them.
Our God is 'The Almighty Creator God' and ageless.
The Lord, The Alpha and Omega, exists outside of time.
Our God is the Triune Godhead; The Father, The Son and Holy Spirit.

"Who Is the Holy Spirit?
Coming to Know “God the Forgotten

Around the turn of the last century, millions of Europeans took part in a wave of immigration to the United States in search of new opportunities. Many who came were of limited means and did not speak English.

So it was no surprise that they didn’t understand all the terms of their transport.
For example, not having understood some believed that the meals served on board were on a pay-as-you-go basis. So, wanting to save money, they brought their own food with them. And while other passengers enjoyed the rich fare in the dining room, these families stayed in their cabins, rationing cold meats and dried fruits and hoping for the best. They didn’t know that the price of their tickets included three full meals a day!

This story of the misinformed passengers is a good analogy for our Christian lives.
As believers baptized into Christ, we have received the Holy Spirit. God himself lives in our hearts—and he doesn’t just live there passively.
He wants to take everything that Jesus taught and everything that he won on the cross and impart it to us.
He wants to give us “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places”(Ephesians 1:3) and to become the guiding force in our lives.
Such a rich banquet of divine grace is included in our “baptismal ticket,” and yet so often, we settle for cold meats and dried fruit!

At the first Pentecost two thousand years ago, God poured out the Holy Spirit........

http://wau.org/resources/article/re_who_is_th...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our God is 'The Almighty Creator God' and ageless.
The Lord, The Alpha and Omega, exists outside of time.
Our God is the Triune Godhead; The Father, The Son and Holy Spirit.
"Who Is the Holy Spirit?
Coming to Know “God the Forgotten
Around the turn of the last century, millions of Europeans took part in a wave of immigration to the United States in search of new opportunities. Many who came were of limited means and did not speak English.
So it was no surprise that they didn’t understand all the terms of their transport.
For example, not having understood some believed that the meals served on board were on a pay-as-you-go basis. So, wanting to save money, they brought their own food with them. And while other passengers enjoyed the rich fare in the dining room, these families stayed in their cabins, rationing cold meats and dried fruits and hoping for the best. They didn’t know that the price of their tickets included three full meals a day!
This story of the misinformed passengers is a good analogy for our Christian lives.
As believers baptized into Christ, we have received the Holy Spirit. God himself lives in our hearts—and he doesn’t just live there passively.
He wants to take everything that Jesus taught and everything that he won on the cross and impart it to us.
He wants to give us “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places”(Ephesians 1:3) and to become the guiding force in our lives.
Such a rich banquet of divine grace is included in our “baptismal ticket,” and yet so often, we settle for cold meats and dried fruit!
At the first Pentecost two thousand years ago, God poured out the Holy Spirit........
http://wau.org/resources/article/re_who_is_th...
Every follower of every god ever created made the same claim. What makes yours so special?

I know! I know! Cause your god is true and the thousands and thousands of others, most who were invented and forgotten long before yours was invented, are not.

Makes prefect sense to me! Your god sat back and waited for the prefect time to reveal himself to a very small portion of the world's population. And to make things more interesting, he told people to write a contradictory set of stories, filled with the impossible and most vile of laws. And that he was going to send himself to Earth to be killed to appease himself. Makes prefect sense to me!

WAIT! A god cannot die! So what did jesus sacrifice? NOTHING!

What a great story! Makes prefect sense to me! LOL!!
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Mk 10:32-45

The disciples were on the way, going up to Jerusalem,
and Jesus went ahead of them.

They were amazed, and those who followed were afraid.
Taking the Twelve aside again, he began to tell them
what was going to happen to him.

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man
will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes,
and they will condemn him to death
and hand him over to the Gentiles who will mock him,
spit upon him, scourge him, and put him to death,
but after three days he will rise."

Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee,
came to Jesus and said to him,
"Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you."

He replied, "What do you wish me to do for you?"

They answered him,
"Grant that in your glory
we may sit one at your right and the other at your left."

Jesus said to them, "You do not know what you are asking.
Can you drink the chalice that I drink
or be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?"

They said to him, "We can."

Jesus said to them, "The chalice that I drink, you will drink,
and with the baptism with which I am baptized, you will be baptized;
but to sit at my right or at my left is not mine to give
but is for those for whom it has been prepared."

When the ten heard this, they became indignant at James and John.
Jesus summoned them and said to them,
"You know that those who are recognized as rulers over the Gentiles
lord it over them,
and their great ones make their authority over them felt.
But it shall not be so among you.
Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you will be your servant;
whoever wishes to be first among you will be the slave of all.

For the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve
and to give his life as a ransom for many."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>> + <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<

“Grant that in your glory we may sit one at your right and the other at your left.”(Mark 10:37)

It’s Friday night—family night at home, when everyone sits together to play a game or watch a movie on TV.
As the mother sits on the sofa, two of her kids rush to join her, eager to have her arms around them as the movie starts.
But the other three kids protest:
“That’s not fair! They got to sit with you last week!”
It may seem selfish of the two children to try to get the privileged spots again, but it is understandable. All the kids enjoy the affirmation and comfort of being close to their mother. In their minds, there’s no better place in the world than sitting right next to her!

Keep this scene in mind as you think about today’s Gospel reading, when James and John ask Jesus for special seats next to him when the kingdom of God comes.
Of course, this is not the kind of behavior you would expect from grown men who had already been following Jesus for a few years, but it does give you some idea of why they made their request. It also helps explain the other disciples’ reaction.
Who wouldn’t want to be as close to Jesus as possible?

Jesus pulls the rug out from under the disciples when he tells them that the most privileged posi­tion is the position of service, not of intimate comfort.
Like the disciples, we all want the sense of intimacy and closeness to the Lord to go on forever. But part of growing up into Christ means learning to find him in the world as well as in our prayer. It means coming to the point where we discover him in the cry of the poor, in the fellowship of our broth­ers and sisters, and in the faithful living out of our vocations.

We should always keep seeking the Lord in personal prayer.
But we should also remember how much he enjoys meeting us as we imitate him by pouring ourselves out for other people.
How amazing that a life of service would bring us to such deep intimacy with the God of the universe!

“Jesus, I am amazed at all the ways you are with me. Open my eyes to see you today. Open my heart to feel your presence.”

Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Yielding to the Holy Spirit
Five Ways To Experience His Love More Deeply

Deep in our hearts, we all yearn for the Spirit’s presence.
Often, however, obstacles can prevent us from knowing his grace more deeply. Below are five steps we can take to remove these obstacles and open our hearts to the Spirit’s transforming power.

1. Forgive those who have hurt you.
What could be more like Jesus than praying with him,“Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do”?
(Luke 23:34)
When forgive, we allow the Lord to replace bitterness and resentment with his love and grace.

2. Do not tolerate sin.
Nothing keeps us from receiving the Spirit more than allowing sin to continue in our hearts and our actions. Scripture says that those with “clean hands and a pure heart” will receive the Lord’s blessing.
(Psalm 24:4-5)
Go to confession, and ask the Lord for the grace to sin no more. He is always ready to forgive and strengthen his people.

3. Renounce prejudice.
“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus”.
(Galatians 3:28)
God has freely poured out his Spirit on all people, and he calls us to love one another fully, from the heart.

4. Care for the poor.
“As you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you did it to me”.
(Matthew 25:40)
Many are the saints and heroes of the church who were able to see the face of Jesus in the needy and abandoned among them. By opening our hearts to those around us, we open our hearts to Jesus and his Spirit as well.

5. Accept God’s love.
If we believe that we are too sinful, weak, or hard-hearted for even God to love, we will find it hard to believe that he would want to give us a gift as great as his Spirit. Every day in prayer, hold on to the words of scripture:
“He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, will he not also give us all things with him?”.
(Romans 8:32)

http://wau.org/resources/article/re_yielding_...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Idi O Syncrasy, you may not be able to think for yourself, but you are one of the best parrots I have ever witnessed.

Don't fear logic! Use it!

log·ic /&#712;läjik/
Noun:
Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity: "experience is a better guide to this than deductive logic".
A particular system or codification of the principles of proof and inference: "Aristotelian logic".

Ask your self a few simple questions.

1. Does my god know everything?
1a. If yes, When did he know it?
1b. If no, then it is not much of a god, is it? GOT0 END

2. If you answered, from the very beginning, then GOTO 3
2a. Else, it is not much of a god, is it? GOT0 END

3. So, from the very beginning, your god knew that it was going to create Lucifer, who would turn against it and the a place called Hell would have to be made to hold Lucifer and Lucifer would steal the hearts, minds and souls of god's favorite creation. To combat this, god decided to allow the human race to live for 10's of thousands of years, without knowledge of it? Then about 3,500 years ago, your god decided to show himself to a very small group of people, instead of the entire planet? And then it waited 1,500 more years until he sent himself to be 'sacrificed' to himself, so that it could forgive the very small portion of the world's population who heard of it's great 'sacrifice'? But since Jesus can come back anytime he likes, cause he is a god, he didn't really 'sacrifice' anything!

Billions and billions of people have died without ever hearing of this god and according to the christian bible, they must all go straight to Hell for not believing in Jesus! All because god chose to show himself to a very small portion of the world's population!

"“He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, will he not also give us all things with him?”.(Romans 8:32)"

Is Jesus dead? No
Can Jesus come back to Earth, anytime he likes? Yes, if he is a god!
Then who or what was sacrificed? Nothing!

Logic! Use Logic and walk through your trail of beliefs. See how far you get.
meaBADboy

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I belive in the Profit Perch, a disciple of the Crappie God. He is real, I know, I caught him...

Therefore I believe !!!

You can too, cast thine line on the calm waters sayeth the Perch and yee shall be shown the way.

Yeah Verily !!!

Or you can simply stick your head in the water and wait for him to come to you.

BTW, while you have your head down there, and if you hear from the
Crappie God:

"Bloop, blop, bloop, bubble, bloop bloop"

That is a good blessing!!!
meaBADboy

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Idi O Syncrasy, you may not be able to think for yourself, but you are one of the best parrots I have ever witnessed.
Don't fear logic! Use it!
log·ic /&#712;läjik/
Noun:
Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity: "experience is a better guide to this than deductive logic".
A particular system or codification of the principles of proof and inference: "Aristotelian logic".
Ask your self a few simple questions.
1. Does my god know everything?
1a. If yes, When did he know it?
1b. If no, then it is not much of a god, is it? GOT0 END
2. If you answered, from the very beginning, then GOTO 3
2a. Else, it is not much of a god, is it? GOT0 END
3. So, from the very beginning, your god knew that it was going to create Lucifer, who would turn against it and the a place called Hell would have to be made to hold Lucifer and Lucifer would steal the hearts, minds and souls of god's favorite creation. To combat this, god decided to allow the human race to live for 10's of thousands of years, without knowledge of it? Then about 3,500 years ago, your god decided to show himself to a very small group of people, instead of the entire planet? And then it waited 1,500 more years until he sent himself to be 'sacrificed' to himself, so that it could forgive the very small portion of the world's population who heard of it's great 'sacrifice'? But since Jesus can come back anytime he likes, cause he is a god, he didn't really 'sacrifice' anything!
Billions and billions of people have died without ever hearing of this god and according to the christian bible, they must all go straight to Hell for not believing in Jesus! All because god chose to show himself to a very small portion of the world's population!
"“He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, will he not also give us all things with him?”.(Romans 8:32)"
Is Jesus dead? No
Can Jesus come back to Earth, anytime he likes? Yes, if he is a god!
Then who or what was sacrificed? Nothing!
Logic! Use Logic and walk through your trail of beliefs. See how far you get.
well, to simply answer that

What a load of horse chit...

Which is basically what that attempt of your to disprove a subject was that has you all twisted into a knot.

And in the process of laying out this long winded line of doggie dung, all you did was show he does exist.

Everything you said is true

There are no telling how many people that have - or do live thier life not knowing anything about him

There is an opposite reaction to anything - simple physics

Good/evil

God/devil

same thing...

Who said God was being good when he created the devil? Why is it that we must except that there is a devil for no reason? Or for the reason you failed to really play out in this line of crap.

The only real mess up in your long winded line of bullchit is that Jesus was the son of God. Not God

The neat thing about opinions is that all of us have one.

Your's sucks, but hey, you have one...

I'll give you an "E" for effort.
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

May 31, 2012
Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Lk 1:39-56

Mary set out
and traveled to the hill country in haste
to a town of Judah,
where she entered the house of Zechariah
and greeted Elizabeth.

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting,
the infant leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said,
"Most blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed
that what was spoken to you by the Lord
would be fulfilled."

And Mary said:
"My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.

He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he has remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever."

Mary remained with her about three months
and then returned to her home.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>> + <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<

The Visitation of Mary

Blessed are you among women!(Luke 1:42)

Don’t you find it remarkable that God chose to bring about his work of redemption through two human babies and their mothers?
Jesus was still in Mary’s womb, yet in his presence, Elizabeth and her own unborn son, John, were filled with the Holy Spirit. This scene gives us a glimpse of the immense love of God, who simply can’t wait to share his life with his people.
What a fore­shadowing this is of the glory of the risen Christ, who longs to pour out his Spirit on all people!

Elizabeth’s humble response to the work of God must have brought great comfort to Mary. In Elizabeth, she finally found someone with whom she could share her joy and wonder.
Who else at this time could understand the song well­ing up within Mary’s heart?
Who else would believe her story of an angelic visitation and a miraculous conception?
Rather than being jeal­ous of her younger relative’s exalted position, Elizabeth rejoiced with Mary and embraced her own sup­portive role.

While this meeting between Mary and Elizabeth is unique, there is something here that we can all experience.
Each of us is capable of bearing Christ to others.
Our eyes have been opened to the glory of this truth, and that’s why we rejoice and are humbled in the presence of so holy a vessel as a sister or brother in Christ. Even nonbelievers can move us to great reverence because they too are created in God’s image and have just as much potential to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
If God has so highly honored human beings this way, how can we fail to show them equal honor?

God used Jesus, even when he was just a fetus in the womb, to pour out divine life. Everyone, no matter how young or old, no matter how strong or weak, has been cre­ated as a dwelling place for God.
So let’s long for God’s presence even more—just as we try to treat every­one around us with the dignity they deserve.

“Jesus, as you opened Elizabeth’s eyes in the presence of Mary, so open my eyes to those who also bear Christ. Help me to honor the potential of each person to be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

Mary Visits Elizabeth
A Mystery of Encounter
By: Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini, SJ

This reflection appears towards the end of Cardinal Martini’s thought-provoking chapter on the Visitation in “The Gospel Way of Mary:
A Journey of Trust and Surrender”.

The most beautiful part of this story, which we can appreciate as soon as we reflect on it, is how much is happening in Mary that had been kept in her heart until the moment of visiting her cousin—an ineffable secret, but one that is weighty and overwhelming from the human point of view.

We, too, have carried heavy burdens that we cannot talk about:
our problems as well as the endless suffering that others have confided in us or that they have let us glimpse.
It should not be difficult, then, to understand something about Mary who had a very wonderful secret that was nonetheless burdensome:
her virginity, her relationship with Joseph, the new direction of her life, the mystery that she was beginning to enter into and that would be fully disclosed later through the cross and resurrection of her Son.

With Elizabeth, all of a sudden, she feels herself understood. She is aware that another person, without any need for her to explain herself, knows her secret, confirms it to her, and assures her that she was right to trust. It is almost as though Elizabeth is saying,“Be encouraged. I have understood you. Do not be afraid; you are on the right path. I, too, am about to have a son.”

Mary, in turn, bursts forth poetically and expresses all that she has kept inside because no one would have understood its significance:
“And Mary said,‘My soul magnifies the Lord….’”.
(Luke 1:46-55)
The Magnificat is the high point of a good relationship that allowed what Mary was keeping in her heart to emerge.

Let us ponder the many things we have experienced that seemed to overwhelm us at first, but later, when they found a genuine outlet, revealed themselves to be fountains of truth.

http://wau.org/resources/article/re_mary_visi...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

meaBADboy wrote:
<quoted text>
well, to simply answer that
What a load of horse chit...

There is an opposite reaction to anything - simple physics
Good/evil
God/devil
same thing
I agree! Religion/god or gods is a load of horse shit!

Your 'logic' god must have an opposite.

My logical reply would have to be; that is bullshit. God and the devil were not invented at the same time, according to the jewish, christian, muslim religions. Simple reading would have told you that.

I am not trying to prove that a god or gods do not exist, that cannot be done. What I am trying to show is, the gods that man has invented, do not exist. That includes the bible god or gods.
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

June 1, 2012
Memorial of Saint Justin, martyr

Mk 11:11-26

Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple area.
He looked around at everything and, since it was already late,
went out to Bethany with the Twelve.

The next day as they were leaving Bethany he was hungry.
Seeing from a distance a fig tree in leaf,
he went over to see if he could find anything on it.
When he reached it he found nothing but leaves;
it was not the time for figs.
And he said to it in reply, "May no one ever eat of your fruit again!"
And his disciples heard it.

They came to Jerusalem,
and on entering the temple area
he began to drive out those selling and buying there.
He overturned the tables of the money changers
and the seats of those who were selling doves.
He did not permit anyone to carry anything through the temple area.
Then he taught them saying, "Is it not written:

My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples?
But you have made it a den of thieves."

The chief priests and the scribes came to hear of it
and were seeking a way to put him to death,
yet they feared him
because the whole crowd was astonished at his teaching.
When evening came, they went out of the city.

Early in the morning, as they were walking along,
they saw the fig tree withered to its roots.
Peter remembered and said to him, "Rabbi, look!
The fig tree that you cursed has withered."
Jesus said to them in reply, "Have faith in God.
Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,
'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,'
and does not doubt in his heart
but believes that what he says will happen,
it shall be done for him.
Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer,
believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.
When you stand to pray,
forgive anyone against whom you have a grievance,
so that your heavenly Father may in turn
forgive you your transgressions."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>> + <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<

“He looked around at everything and … went out to Bethany.”(Mark 11:11)

Picture the scene.
Jesus, just arrived at the Temple, is confronted with a spectacle that makes him boil with anger. Right there in its outer court, a place intended for prayer, merchants and money changers are doing a brisk business. And what about the religious authorities who should be keeping the Temple holy?
They’re lining their pockets with the revenues. You can imagine Jesus’ dis­ciples poking each other in the ribs, expecting their master to explode. Instead, Jesus does … nothing. He puts off the “cleansing of the Tem­ple” until tomorrow.

Why did Jesus hit the pause but­ton instead of charging in?
It wasn’t as though he needed a night to work up the courage or decide what to do!
Perhaps there were practical reasons. But more than likely, he knew it wasn’t the right moment. Jesus had a sense of timing—his Father’s timing.

As we face different situations, that’s what we need, too.
What if you notice that a friend is developing a drinking problem?
What’s the right moment to speak up?
Immediately, or after reflecting and learning more?
It could be either. Bring your ques­tions to the Lord!

Or what if a spouse or roommate has a tendency to complain and get lost in self-pity?
You want to offer correction at just the right moment, without saying either too little or more than they can bear. Seek guid­ance from the Holy Spirit!

It’s the same thing if, on the posi­tive side, a child or grandchild shows new interest in praying and drawing closer to God.
Get your wisdom and sense of timing from the Spirit!
He will help you speak the words your loved ones need to hear—when they need to hear them.

So what will it be today?
Seize the moment, or look before you leap?
Ask the Spirit!
From one situation to another, his still, small voice will help you make the choice.

“Lord, help me develop the sense of divine timing I need to be an effective instrument of your love. Speak, Lord, I’m listening!”

http://wau.org/meditations/current/
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

June 1, 2012
Memorial of Saint Justin, martyr

Christian apologist, born at Flavia Neapolis, about A.D. 100, converted to Christianity about A.D. 130, taught and defended the Christian religion in Asia Minor and at Rome, where he suffered martyrdom about the year 165.

Among the Fathers of the second century his life is the best known, and from the most authentic documents.

Two "Apologies" bearing his name and his "Dialogue with the Jew Tryphon" have come down to us.
The "Apologies" throw light on another phase of the conversion of Justin:
"When I was a disciple of Plato", he writes, "hearing the accusations made against the Christians and seeing them intrepid in the face of death and of all that men fear, I said to myself that it was impossible that they should be living in evil and in the love of pleasure".
(II Apol., xviii, 1)
Both accounts exhibit the two aspects of Christianity that most strongly influenced St. Justin; in the "Apologies" he is moved by its moral beauty, in the "Dialogue" by its truth.

The testimony of Justin regarding forming The New Testament is of still greater importance, especially for the Gospels, and has been more often discussed.

The books quoted by Justin are called by him "Memoirs of the Apostles".
This term, otherwise very rare, appears in Justin quite probably as an analogy with the "Memorabilia" of Xenophon and from a desire to accommodate his language to the habits of mind of his readers. At any rate it seems that henceforth the word "gospels" was in current usage; it is in Justin that we find it for the first time used in the plural, "the Apostles in their memoirs that are called gospels".

These memoirs were composed by the Apostles and by those who followed them; he refers in all probability to the four Evangelists, i.e. to two Apostles and two disciples of Christ. The authors, however, are not named: once he mentions the "memoirs of Peter", but the text is very obscure and uncertain.
All facts of the life of Christ that Justin takes from these memoirs are found indeed in our Gospels.

The role of St. Justin may be summed up in one word:
it is that of a witness.
We behold in him one of the highest and purest pagan souls of his time in contact with Christianity, compelled to accept its irrefragable truth, its pure moral teaching, and to admire its superhuman constancy.
He is also a witness of the second-century Church which he describes for us in its faith, its life, its worship, at a time when Christianity yet lacked the firm organization that it was soon to develop, but the larger outlines of whose constitution and doctrine are already luminously drawn by Justin.
Finally, Justin was a witness for Christ unto death.
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

A Halo and a Medal for Emil Kapaun?
This Korean War military chaplain may be declared a hero and a saint.

US Army chaplain Emil Kapaun died in a POW camp in North Korea on May 23, 1951.
Now, six decades later, his cause for canonization is underway, as is an effort to posthumously award him the Medal of Honor.

An article about Fr. Kapaun is appearing in the July-August 2012 issue of The Word Among Us magazine:“When the Ordinary Becomes Extraordinary: The Life and Death of Army Chaplain Emil Kapaun.” It is coauthored by Dominic and Kevin Perrotta, who have compiled the following additional information: about the status of Fr. Kapaun’s cause, about the Medal of Honor, and about the Korean War. If you’d like to learn more about Fr. Kapaun, see the “for more information” section below.

Cause for Sainthood

The diocese of Wichita is pursuing the canonization of Fr. Emil Kapaun.
The initial investigation has been completed at the diocesan level and the results passed on to the Vatican........

http://wau.org/resources/article/re_a_halo_an...
meaBADboy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! Religion/god or gods is a load of horse shit!
Your 'logic' god must have an opposite.
My logical reply would have to be; that is bullshit. God and the devil were not invented at the same time, according to the jewish, christian, muslim religions. Simple reading would have told you that.
I am not trying to prove that a god or gods do not exist, that cannot be done. What I am trying to show is, the gods that man has invented, do not exist. That includes the bible god or gods.
intersting

in one hand you use the text written by man to say that there is no God and to dispute his/her existance

and in the other hand you say there is no proof that there isn't a God

not too logical in my opinion

how can you be sure that what was written is not true when you admit tyhat you cannot prove there is no God?
meaBADboy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
**********cut and paste removed**********
unable to draw an opinion without pasting someone else's???

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Judged:

meaBADboy wrote:
<quoted text>
intersting
in one hand you use the text written by man to say that there is no God and to dispute his/her existance
and in the other hand you say there is no proof that there isn't a God
not too logical in my opinion
how can you be sure that what was written is not true when you admit tyhat you cannot prove there is no God?
You are confused. Your god is fake. It is easy to prove that by 'his' own words. What cannot be proven is whether there is a god or not. You see, one cannot prove whether something which cannot be seen, felt, or measured exists or not. All that I can say is, there is no proof to support a god's existance.

Just by reading the bible, one cannot easily prove that god does not exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
deamon 49 min Sceptical_Mal 3
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 3 hr NDanger 1,521
There Is No Benefit For Believing In God 4 hr Mr Ironhart 910
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 hr Gary Coaldigger 12,555
Did Jesus pray like a Muslim? (May '09) 5 hr Nisha 101
A Message from Nettie 6 hr LTT 1,341
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 6 hr Flygerian 1,730
•••
•••