Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232585 Aug 7, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Teresa once stated that she was "one of the worst people she knew." June, now I think you and I realize what she meant. She sure had me fooled; I was one of her greatest admirers. Did you also know she didn't believe in painkillers? And that the hospitals HER patients were admitted to were way below good standards. However, when SHE got ill she went to the BEST hospitals and did take painkillers.
It all goes to show that she was a very confused woman ... preaching how to be pleasing to a supposed god, while at the same time longing to find that god in her own life.

Her image of herself was very low and that was probably one of her only spoken truths.

I have no ill feelings towards her. From my perception she was in thought and deed, her own worst enemy.

Peace of conscience is the best for which we can hope, and from my past experience, that can't be found in religious dogma.

The dogmas are geared to create arrogance, lies, division and confusion ... not peace.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232586 Aug 7, 2012
Had I accepted the Christian dogma of my mother, as taught by the preachers of my childhood, chances are I would have accepted into my psyche that others would burn in hell and I would be saved.

Had I accepted my father's belief in reincarnation, I probably would have in my arrogance believed as did the Buddha, and does the dalai lama that I would be nigh-on close to enlightenment.

Believing that I am mortal, and being at peace within the darkness of my illusions, seemed a more rational choice for me.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232587 Aug 7, 2012
I find it very suspicious when people write about cults, but don't include their own favored religion as a cult.

From my perception, that smacks of favoritism, and nothing other than favoritism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Cults—by Lowell D. Streiker. Published 1983.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Lowell D. Streiker is an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ and holds a Ph.D. in religion from Princeton University.

He is the author of several standard works dealing with sects, cults, and conversion phenomena including The Cults Are Coming; Cults: The Continuing Threat; Mind-Bending: Brainwashing, Cults, and Deprogramming in the '80s; and The Gospel Time Bomb: Ultrafundamentalism and the Future of America.

http://www.wcspeakers.com/speaker.cfm ...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232588 Aug 7, 2012
Ph.D. stands for Doctor of Philosophy.

So, in one capacity Lowell D. Streiker is a Doctor of Philosophy that feels qualified to write books about "cults" ... yet when he puts on his "other hat" he is an ordained minister of a Christian church and preaches the dogma that Christianity is based on truth and NOT on philosophy.

How handy is THAT?

He points at other religions as cults, and then preaches from within his own cult that he KNOWS that Jesus is a savior of Christians.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232589 Aug 7, 2012
"Expert" seems to be a word that people choose to hang on themselves.

To LOVE thy own religion and point outward at "cults" is to be a self-centered arrogant human.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

•Some Christian cult experts deal primarily with theological aspects (i.e. cults of Christianity), and may be interested only in helping someone move from Mormonism to mainstream Christianity, or from an abusive church into a healthy fellowship.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/489-cult-expe...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232590 Aug 7, 2012
From my perspective, "healthy fellowship" within religion is another self-centered term.

How would anyone in a religious cult KNOW that the dogmas created health rather than illness?

I wonder if Mother Teresa perceived that she was "healthy?"

It pays to ask questions of these cult-leaders.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232591 Aug 7, 2012
My guess is, Jim Jones thought he was emotionally "healthy."

And no doubt the popes that ordered the torture and killing of others as heretics and witches thought they were "healthy."

Peering outward through tiny loopholes from within cults does not guarantee that health is in the vicinity.

Not even close! Pun intended.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232592 Aug 7, 2012
Steve Hassan is another cult deprogramming "expert" ... who left his Jewish heritage to join the Moonies and now is back in his Jewish religion.

He doesn't perceive that he is in any way a member of a a cult.

Those in other religions would disagree!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232593 Aug 7, 2012
"Of course I always knew that my religion wasn't a cult!"

"How did you know?"

My Rabbi told me so!"

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232594 Aug 7, 2012
No arrogance "there." sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Rabbi

The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#232601 Aug 7, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
No arrogance "there." sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Rabbi
The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
Quoteing honor of all things!

Coming from a bunch of sore loosers who use bad sportsmentship in soccer after our two countries played a fair game.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232602 Aug 7, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoteing honor of all things!
Coming from a bunch of sore loosers who use bad sportsmentship in soccer after our two countries played a fair game.
WHAT???

:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232603 Aug 7, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoteing honor of all things!
Coming from a bunch of sore loosers who use bad sportsmentship in soccer after our two countries played a fair game.
I guess one has to be in the "cult" of sports to understand your grumpings.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232604 Aug 7, 2012
What they believed back then was totally different than what most of them believe now.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The usual Hebrew term for reincarnation is gilgul, "rolling," that is, the soul "rolls" through time from one body to a different body. The earliest [non-Karaite] reference to the doctrine is that of Saadiah [882-942](Beliefs and Opinions, vi. 8). Saadiah writes:

"Yet I must say that I have found certain people, who call themselves Jews, professing the doctrine of metempsychosis, which is designated by them as the theory of the 'transmigration' of souls. What they mean thereby is that the spirit of Reuben is transferred to Simeon and afterwards to Levi and after that to Judah.[These names are generic, like Tom, Dick and Harry; no reference to the sons of Jacob is intended. Ed.] Many of them would even go so far as to assert that the spirit of a human being might enter into the body of a beast or that of a beast into the body of a human being, and other such nonsense and stupidities."

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/beliefs/Theol ...
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#232605 Aug 7, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess one has to be in the "cult" of sports to understand your grumpings.
:)
The Laide's Canadian olimpic Soccer team was playing the American Soccer team and were loosing,so they played dirty and kicked and stomped on the American team's hands and heads.

That was not very good sportsmanship.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232606 Aug 7, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>The Laide's Canadian olimpic Soccer team was playing the American Soccer team and were loosing,so they played dirty and kicked and stomped on the American team's hands and heads.
That was not very good sportsmanship.
Well, I don't watch sports so I didn't know to what you were referring.

If that's what happened, I agree with you. It's very child-like behavior and they ought to be ashamed.
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#232607 Aug 7, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't watch sports so I didn't know to what you were referring.
If that's what happened, I agree with you. It's very child-like behavior and they ought to be ashamed.
Thanks June.

But what I was getting at was I thought you guys are know world wide for being polite so much so that people get sick from the sweetness of it all.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#232608 Aug 7, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks June.
But what I was getting at was I thought you guys are know world wide for being polite so much so that people get sick from the sweetness of it all.
Well, from this is a lesson- that one can not take that which is heresay and attribute it as "truth".

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#232609 Aug 8, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It all goes to show that she was a very confused woman ... preaching how to be pleasing to a supposed god, while at the same time longing to find that god in her own life.
Her image of herself was very low and that was probably one of her only spoken truths.
I have no ill feelings towards her. From my perception she was in thought and deed, her own worst enemy.
Peace of conscience is the best for which we can hope, and from my past experience, that can't be found in religious dogma.
The dogmas are geared to create arrogance, lies, division and confusion ... not peace.
I'd been under the impression she was truly devout, sincere, etc., and when the true stories broke about her I still thought it was her humanity showing and nothing more. Now I realize she had no real faith.

You mention peace of conscience. I can't find it through religious dogma either, never could. I may have mentioned this, but I read one time that the whole idea of a God and afterlife was based solely on the death of a loved one because the thought of never seeing them again is intolerably painful. Religion soothes all the pain and answers all the questions. Even I want to believe; I want with all my heart to see my departed loved ones again someday but past evidence shows all the "religious" stuff has evolved over the centuries from humankinds' own wishful thinking, and I include myself in that wishful thinking. I WANT there to be a god, a place of love called heaven, and the reuniting of departed loved ones - but just because I want it doesn't make it so. I hope I'm wrong.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#232610 Aug 8, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks June.
But what I was getting at was I thought you guys are know world wide for being polite so much so that people get sick from the sweetness of it all.
YEAH??? Well ... no matter how much horrific suffering occurs, some people also believe that an ultra loving god is keeping tabs on the humans of mother earth. I ought to know, as I used to be one of them there humans with such a silly belief.

:)

Illusion is the name of the human game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 548,705
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Shamma 203,454
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 3 hr nOdia 966
Help available for pregnant women (Feb '14) 5 hr wtf 13
West Oahu Catholic church buys 11 acres to buil... 6 hr Joe Balls 11
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 6 hr MichelleMC 2,490
children and sin 9 hr anne 1

Roman Catholic Church People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE