Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 5,657)

Showing posts 113,121 - 113,140 of217,965
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just his boot.
BTW, I still haven't seen your answer to my question below. Since you ignored it (posting as MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE) the last FIFTEENTH times http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... , I will ask you a SIXTEENTH time:
Would you recommend that the mother of adolescent boys join the Catholic church, let her sons become altar boys, and allow them to spend unsupervised time with Catholic priests?
Go ahead and say what you believe. Say, "Yes, bring your boys to the nearest Catholic church and leave them alone with a priest." I'd love a chance to reply to that. It's not like your every avoidance of this post doesn't already scream volumes.
But what's so wrong with catholic priests? They adore little boys, they *fill* them with the love of jesus christ.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Sorry, I hate puns too. I just couldn't resist.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for you kind words. Most older guys like myself consider it a compliment to be viewed as young. I would love to have the agility of a 15 year old. Iím not sure I want to go back and think about sex 400 times a day, lol. You know being a lust machine, lol. I donít think my wife could handle it these days.
Itís not my MO to go and change my name and pretend to be another writer.
Yes, you have fooled everyone. We all believe that you are an old man and we all believe that you are not the president of the, "Never Touched A Boobie", club.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of Boomhauer.
King of the Hill.
Boomhauer quotes
(After smelling something foul)
Pee ol' dang ol' u man.
Yeah man I tell ya what...Did one of them snipe hunts last night man with them sticks and bags and Whack! Whack! man, go Woooo-loo-loo-loo!... Talk about big mistake y'all... It's right there in that cooler.
That's odd. An old man who doesn't know Bugs Bunny when he hears it, but knows King of the Hill. What a maroon!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

<quoted text>
I don't know Duck, either. But I do know HTS. He tells us he's a pathologist, but he's probably lying. He demonstrates no medical expertise ever. Actually, he avoids the subject when asked about it. And his understanding of evolution and genetics are abysmal.
They(HE) should pick a profession that they(HE) could fake some knowledge about. Like burger flipper or janitor.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. An old man who doesn't know Bugs Bunny when he hears it, but knows King of the Hill. What a maroon!
Yer I noticed too and Duck12 tries to make us think he's a grandfather.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer I noticed too and Duck12 tries to make us think he's a grandfather.
I am guessing that duck has posted under several names since 2006 or so. How old do you think he was when he started? I am guessing that he started out much like we might have in the old days doing prank phone calls, but after a bit, we grew up and stopped, he has not.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the word "and", just sprang to mind, as the perfect descriptor for you.
Like ignorant AND deluded?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am guessing that duck has posted under several names since 2006 or so. How old do you think he was when he started? I am guessing that he started out much like we might have in the old days doing prank phone calls, but after a bit, we grew up and stopped, he has not.
Hummm, interesting point now we have to consider chronological and mental age.

As a guess I would say 20 and 12 with a dash of ADD.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Letís try you at some complicated math.
If you had 5 apples and you take 1 away.
How many apples do you have left?

If somebody else took one away, I'd have 4.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Psalms 22 does no such thing. You gotta live idiots who look back in the old testament and find some random passage that says something that with imagination can be directed to Jesus. Make no sense even if the passage was foretelling Jesus as new testament scribes could simply read the old testament and make the sht fit retro active.

Pathetic childish apologetic nonsense.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypothetical questions will on advance the cause of speculation. It so happens he was hung on the cross.
Did you know thousands of years before he was crucified. It was foretold in the book of psalms.
Psalms 22

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what?
We have already established by Judeo law that rape is an illegal act.....
No. "We" have not.

But Numbers 31 has established that Moses and BibleGod, if you believe the myth, ordered crimes against humanity -- the slaughter of captive women and children and the divvying up little virgin girls among the Israelite men.

And then what?

Here's a hint: Just like the other spoils of war, they became property.

And what are humans who are treated as property?

Yup. Slaves.

But then what?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. "We" have not.
But Numbers 31 has established that Moses and BibleGod, if you believe the myth, ordered crimes against humanity -- the slaughter of captive women and children and the divvying up little virgin girls among the Israelite men.
And then what?
Here's a hint: Just like the other spoils of war, they became property.
And what are humans who are treated as property?
Yup. Slaves.
But then what?
1) Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them,'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

Sounds like love at first sight to me! LOL!
"They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife!"

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Impressive feat of mental gymnastics to be able to acknowledge the role and ability of science to put a man on the moon while simultaneously denying it's ability to illuminate the fields of research that may contradict your belief system.
I support anthropology, paleontology, archeology. I see nothing wrong with digging up the past. Itís fascinating work as most sciences are. Iím all for letting it continue.

I donít support imaginary, speculative science.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the lamest story I've ever heard a theist tell.
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing that you like to consider yourself a "big fish." Pretty funny.
Anyways, it's nice to know that no matter what, there will always be someone who thinks a clumsy anecdote can adequately defend the bible's status as a historical document. "Myth? You're a little fish, I'm a big fish. Boom! God!"
Your right about the, "I'm guessin."

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have gone from one set of fictional characters the bibull to another set of fictional characters in a cartoon.
When are you going grow up and deal with reality?
Finally, after all this time you have said something that applies to you.

ďWhen are you going grow up and deal with reality?Ē

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

<quoted text>
As for Psalm 22, nothing in it suggests that the writer is the messiah:.
The writer in psalms is not the messiah. But his writing portrays and foretells of the events of Jesus death. Even Jesus very words as he hung on the cross dying.ďWhy hast thou forsaken me?Ē

Below you will find at length the prophecy between of Jesus birth to his death. Hundreds of years before he was born and died it was foretold in the old testament. Even foretelling of him being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.

Born in Bethlehem Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7

Be adored by great persons Psalms 72:10-11 Matthew 2:1-11

Be annointed with the Spirit of God Isaiah 11:2, 61:1 Matthew 3:16; John 3:34; Acts 10:38

Be hated without cause Isaiah 49:7; Psalms 69:4 John 15:24-25

Be undesired and rejected by His own people Isaiah 53:2, 63:3; Psalms 69:8 Mark 6:3; Luke 9:58; John 1:11,

Be plotted against by Jews and Gentiles together Psalms 2:1-2 Acts 4:27

Be betrayed by a friend Psalms 41:9, 55:12-24 Matthew 26:21-25, 47-50; John 13:18-21; Acts 1:16-18

Be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver Zechariah 11:12 Matthew 26:16

Have his price given for a potterís field Zechariah 11:13 Matthew 27:7

Be forsaken by His disciples Zechariah 13:7 Matthew 26:31, 56

Be struck on the cheek Micah 5:1 Matthew 27:30

Be spat on Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67, 27:30

Be mocked Psalms 22:7-8 Matthew 27:31, 39-44

Be beaten Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67, 27:26, 30

Be thirsty during His execution Psalms 22:15 John 19:28

Be given vinegar to quench that thirst Psalms 69:21 Matthew 27:34

Be considered a transgressor Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 27:38

Be buried with the rich when dead Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:57-60

Be sought after by Gentiles as well as Jews Isaiah 11:10, 42:1 Acts 10:45

Be accepted by the Gentiles Isaiah 11:10, 42:1-4, 49:1-12 Matthew 12:21; Acts 10:45; Romans 15:9-12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If somebody else took one away, I'd have 4.
Very good! You get a gold star by your name!

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Psalms 22 does no such thing. You gotta live idiots who look back in the old testament and find some random passage that says something that with imagination can be directed to Jesus. Make no sense even if the passage was foretelling Jesus as new testament scribes could simply read the old testament and make the sht fit retro active.
Pathetic childish apologetic nonsense.
<quoted text>
What say you about the following? I don't think you will read any of it. But it only shows how deeply biased and lacking you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 113,121 - 113,140 of217,965
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••