Philadelphia Church Official Sentenced to 3 to 6 Years in Prison

Jul 24, 2012 | Posted by: NightSerf | Full story: www.nytimes.com

Msgr. William J. Lynn, the first Roman Catholic official in the United States to be convicted of covering up sexual abuses by priests under his supervision, was sentenced to three to six years in prison on Tuesday.

"You knew full well what was right, Monsignor Lynn, but you chose wrong," said Common Pleas Judge M. Teresa Sarmina as she imposed the sentence, which was just short of the maximum of three and a half to seven years.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Virginia

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

I live in Texas but travel to Mexico several times a year. Some years ago, the Archbishop of Mexico City (Norberto Rivera) declared to the press that he would NOT cooperate with authorities on the matter of pedophile priests because turning a pedophile priest over to the secular law would be (in Rivera's words) "like turning your back on a wayward child."

Mexico has become a HAVEN for these perverts thanks to Norberto Rivera. The Dallas Morning News ran a series of articles titled "Runaway Priests" in 2003 detailing the flight of these scumbags.

In a weird twist of events or maybe just following the Catholic Church's grotesque law of causality, Rivera was lauded by pro-life institutions because of his "defense of the unborn"...We are talking about the SAME creep who doesn't want to ensure the safety of post-birth MINORS. I just don't understand how harboring pedophiles is a "pro-life" stance! Sexual assault, sexual torture, destroys a person and can lead to SUICIDE! Pope John Paul II even honored Mexico's most notorious pedophile, Father Marcial Maciel, with the title of "Model for Catholic Youth".

This site gives MUCH information on the pedophile scandal...You can see the mugshots, court records, victims' letters, etc.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/

Parents need to put their children's SAFETY first even when the Sky Fairy's minions demand otherwise.

Father Marcial Maciel's pedophilia has been thoroughly documented by journalist Carmen Aristegui in her book, Marcial Maciel: Story of a Criminal. You can Google "Marcial Maciel" or "Carmen Aristegui" and find information on the twisted animal who spent DECADES abusing children.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Virginia wrote:
I live in Texas but travel to Mexico several times a year. Some years ago, the Archbishop of Mexico City (Norberto Rivera) declared to the press that he would NOT cooperate with authorities on the matter of pedophile priests because turning a pedophile priest over to the secular law would be (in Rivera's words) "like turning your back on a wayward child."
Mexico has become a HAVEN for these perverts thanks to Norberto Rivera. The Dallas Morning News ran a series of articles titled "Runaway Priests" in 2003 detailing the flight of these scumbags.
In a weird twist of events or maybe just following the Catholic Church's grotesque law of causality, Rivera was lauded by pro-life institutions because of his "defense of the unborn"...We are talking about the SAME creep who doesn't want to ensure the safety of post-birth MINORS. I just don't understand how harboring pedophiles is a "pro-life" stance! Sexual assault, sexual torture, destroys a person and can lead to SUICIDE! Pope John Paul II even honored Mexico's most notorious pedophile, Father Marcial Maciel, with the title of "Model for Catholic Youth".
This site gives MUCH information on the pedophile scandal...You can see the mugshots, court records, victims' letters, etc.
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/
Parents need to put their children's SAFETY first even when the Sky Fairy's minions demand otherwise.
Father Marcial Maciel's pedophilia has been thoroughly documented by journalist Carmen Aristegui in her book, Marcial Maciel: Story of a Criminal. You can Google "Marcial Maciel" or "Carmen Aristegui" and find information on the twisted animal who spent DECADES abusing children.
Perhaps the Mexican authorities should arrest Rivera for obstruction of justice. Or maybe a judge could hold him for contempt of court in one of the related cases until he complies. Inevitably, though, one of the victims will eventually get frustrated enough to take revenge directly. When that happens, the authorities could refuse to prosecute as long as Rivera refuses to cooperate, which would make all of the pedophile priests vulnerable to attacks. None of these are very likely, I suppose, but something has to be done to end the violation of children in a country that is overwhelmingly Catholic.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

One down, another 3,685 pedophiles to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••