In America, atheists are still in the closet

Apr 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Spiked

So do many other interest and identity groups. Complaint is our political lingua franca: it's what Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Wall Street titans, religious and irreligious people share.

Comments (Page 1,782)

Showing posts 35,621 - 35,640 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Malakal

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>First...Im A 6'4 225 lbs...Ex Marine.

Second, The Speration Of Church And State Was Put Into Place To Protect Religion From Government....Nothing Else.
And, The Reason The Christian Religion Was Not Considered The National Religion, Was To Allow All Religions To Worship Freely In America...Atheism Was Not Even A Bump In The Road.
No Dude you got one thing wrong!

Once a Marine always a Marine!
There is no such thing as a Ex-Marine.

Semper Fi

(East or West coast?)

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
First...Im A 6'4 225 lbs...Ex Marine.
Second, The Speration Of Church And State Was Put Into Place To Protect Religion From Government....Nothing Else.
And, The Reason The Christian Religion Was Not Considered The National Religion, Was To Allow All Religions To Worship Freely In America...Atheism Was Not Even A Bump In The Road.
I am6ft2in 215lbs ex Army Ranger special ops platoon.I can benchpress 400 lbs..And I am fighting for freedom and equality and the constitution so RIGHT AND MIGHT are on my side.....

IT WAS PUT IN PLACE TO PROTECT RELIGION FROM GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNMENTF ROM RELIGION....AND THAT IS STONE COLD HARDCORE FACT........

Keep your religion all you want...IF YORU NAZI FASCIST KIND TRY TO FORCE IT INTO LAW THERE WILL BE A WAR AND YOUR SIDE IS OUT NUMBERED BIG TIME WIMP.......Because I ahve never even met a christains who thinks religion should make laws.....YOUR KIND ARE THE NAZI FASCIST KKK TYPE AND YOUR A SMALL PATHETIC INBRED TOOTHLESS GROUP...

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

wolverine wrote:
John Quincy Adams
"Duty is ours; results are God's."
September, 1811, in a letter to his son:
"I have myself, for many years, made it a practice to read through the Bible once ever year.... My custom is, to read four to five chapters every morning immediately after rising from my bed. I employs about an hour of my time...."
July 4, 1821
"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this; it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity.
http://www.zenhell.com/GetEnlightened/Foundin...

Hey go read that and also read the treaty of tripoli hitler lover........OUR FOUNDING FATHERS MADE SURE TO PROTECT US FROM THE EVIL OR ORGANIZED RELIGION....
Malakal

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>I am6ft2in 215lbs ex Army Ranger special ops platoon.I can benchpress 400 lbs..And I am fighting for freedom and equality and the constitution so RIGHT AND MIGHT are on my side.....

IT WAS PUT IN PLACE TO PROTECT RELIGION FROM GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNMENTF ROM RELIGION....AND THAT IS STONE COLD HARDCORE FACT........

Keep your religion all you want...IF YORU NAZI FASCIST KIND TRY TO FORCE IT INTO LAW THERE WILL BE A WAR AND YOUR SIDE IS OUT NUMBERED BIG TIME WIMP.......Because I ahve never even met a christains who thinks religion should make laws.....YOUR KIND ARE THE NAZI FASCIST KKK TYPE AND YOUR A SMALL PATHETIC INBRED TOOTHLESS GROUP...
"I am6ft2in 215lbs ex Army Ranger special ops platoon.I can benchpress 400 lbs..And I am fighting for freedom and equality and the constitution "

LOL

Is this an X-Box character?

LOL

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Malakal wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am6ft2in 215lbs ex Army Ranger special ops platoon.I can benchpress 400 lbs..And I am fighting for freedom and equality and the constitution "
LOL
Is this an X-Box character?
LOL
Nope real life fact... Jealous wimp???
Malakal

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>Nope real life fact... Jealous wimp???
To funny.

You wouldn't know a fact if it bit your balls off!

(if you have any on the outside that is not like your sucked up inside hiding)

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Hey why not say you whipped Bruce Lee with one hand tied behind your back and can do 10,000 push ups with an f150 on your back? I mean if you're going to lie might as well make yourself Paul Bunyan right?

As usual we see you are trying to equate non believers as a religion and this is insane. It's like saying bald is a hair color.

Now if you really think if you went back in time everyone in town were all sitting in church or reading the bible you are insane. More likely many were conversational believers meaning you say you believe because if you say you don't you'll get burned at the stake.

There have always been atheists in fact to a Muslim you are an atheist.
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>First...Im A 6'4 225 lbs...Ex Marine.

Malakal

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Hey why not say you whipped Bruce Lee with one hand tied behind your back and can do 10,000 push ups with an f150 on your back? I mean if you're going to lie might as well make yourself Paul Bunyan right?

As usual we see you are trying to equate non believers as a religion and this is insane. It's like saying bald is a hair color.

Now if you really think if you went back in time everyone in town were all sitting in church or reading the bible you are insane. More likely many were conversational believers meaning you say you believe because if you say you don't you'll get burned at the stake.

"There have always been atheists in fact to a Muslim you are an atheist."

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]"

A Christian cannot be an Atheist to any one. Christians believe in a God. Muslims may not like your believe or trash it but the fact is even if they call a Christian an Atheist, the Christian is not a Atheist to the Muslim. It just would mean that Muslim does not know the meaning of the word atheist.
Monkey's Paw

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Hey why not say you whipped Bruce Lee with one hand tied behind your back and can do 10,000 push ups with an f150 on your back? I mean if you're going to lie might as well make yourself Paul Bunyan right?

To bad your avatar is not you.
Kind of ironic don't you think?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the 8% of the population that is Atheist is responsible for all the bad things in the world. Man! Are they powerful or what?
Goooooo...ATHEISTS!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

We lost Neil Armstrong today.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
But he will live forever in our memories, we will never forget him.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But he will live forever in our memories, we will never forget him.
I certainly never will.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
I Just Saw That....Damn, A Real American Hero.....He Will Be Missed.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Malakal wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dude you got one thing wrong!
Once a Marine always a Marine!
There is no such thing as a Ex-Marine.
Semper Fi
(East or West coast?)
"Oorah". West Coast
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Strap A Rocket To Your Azz And Make History
Drink the hivE

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Indeed - As Pontius Pilate So Astutely Asked - "What Is Truth?" I Notice That He Didn't Get An Answer...

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP01481218...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--BRGGNo7Q1A/TlPy5Se... %

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
I Just Saw That....Damn, A Real American Hero.....He Will Be Missed.
Yep, an atheist's atheist.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Strap A Rocket To Your Azz And Make History

Isn't that what Paris Hilton said?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Indeed he will.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>But he will live forever in our memories, we will never forget him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,621 - 35,640 of47,734
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••